The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Antiquities System - Are you excited?

• Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    YES! It'll be nice to have interesting gear that isn't sealed behind crazy content that you can never get a group for. I'm very interested to see what they do with the Mythic items, they could open up some interesting builds. As long as everything isn't broken up into fragments of fragments like jewelry crafting, the system has great potential.

Its good that they've decided to acknowledge that there are some people who like to explore, and not just hop from boss to boss.
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly? it depends how much of a grind it is and whether or not the gear you can get is worth it.

Im not even sure if it can be slotted on top of 5/5/2 either so if it can then it will be interesting but if it cannot if it forces you to run 1/4/2/5 then it will be DoA for anyone who does do dungeons or raid or pvp. I cannot see anyone outside of solo players and RPers using it in that instance.

Depending on what the bonuses from each peice you can find is then it "might" be worth slotting in PvP IF what you get can be justified as worth slotting over a 5th peice depending on your build but even then it would still be very niche if it replaces a set piece.
    Edited by xeNNNNN on January 18, 2020 11:27PM
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am filled with inertia.

I will see how it plays out with the people I know that do buy it & try it.. or I might dl the PTS & try it there. It _sounds_ like it's going to be very PVE grindy which is not attractive to me. If it's anywhere near the league of jewelry crafting .. that'll be a deal-breaker for me.
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes. Treasure hunting is fun, much more fun than replaying dungeons and trials. It is also the first opportunity to earn a mount in game (something people have been begging for) that doesn't involve
    • The most difficult achievements in a veteran trial
    • Or months of collecting tickets
    PS5 EU.
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

What a joke, this is a slap in the face.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too early to say.

There are some good things about it, but there are also some bad things.
    During live stream, they compared it to... Fishing... And this kinda scares me off.

If you did Fishing activities in ESO, then you know how time wasting RNG is...

It all depends how it will be executed. Because if it will be only account bound furnitures that will clutter my "storage" house and make me buy other houses just for the reason to have a place to keep those items... then :/
    If those furnitures however will be actually useful in some way then, yes it may work :)

On the other hand we may get this "mythical" items. Powerful 1pcs sets, that we can equip one at the time. This is also kinda "scary" as it has a potential to be even game breaking. At 1st glance it simply looks like another wave of power creep. But again - too early to say.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very much looking forward to it. I like an excuse to revisit zones that I haven't been too in a while, I love lore and the mythic items sound fun.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everstorm wrote: »
    Like the idea but need to know more. I really hope it will be an Indiana Jones experience but to be honest that sounded way too ambitious to me.

I am not expecting rolling boulders, traps, and other obstacles like the Indiana Jones movies, by the way. I expect it will be a lot like the archeology profession in WoW, but WoW was the wrong game for something like that. ESO is a much better setting for an archeology-type system
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly, I can barely be bothered to do my daily writs on one character right now. They need to add something more interesting for me.
    Edited by UntilValhalla13 on January 18, 2020 11:52PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too early to say.

There are some good things about it, but there are also some bad things.
    During live stream, they compared it to... Fishing... And this kinda scares me off.

If you did Fishing activities in ESO, then you know how time wasting RNG is...

The game needs more things like fishing. We are being buried in combat related grind. This system sounds like fishing, but with an actual reward. I mean besides processing hundreds of fish, hoping to find rare eggs.
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am, really I am for PvE absolutely !! Let’s add it in with all the bells and Daedric whistles. :p

Though in PvP I say maybe.

Just got to wait till they release more info on it and the 1 piece bonuses to really answer in this.

Thnx for the information Alcast !!

Now you will get to say “Wankpire” a lot this new season in TESO. Which is super cute.

• Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like more of a time sink grind and more RNG in a game saturated with it.

This would be fine as a DLC fun little side activity.
    That this is somehow being touted as a major piece of a chapter is very worrisome for the direction of the game and future content.

This has been the worst reaction, not just from the forums but outside media, I've ever seen for a chapter announcement.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3514562/elder-scrolls-onlines-skyrim-themed-greymoor-expansion-is-a-missed-opportunity.html

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/508440/proper-how-hyped-are-you-for-the-new-chapter/p1

Honestly have no idea who came up with a $40 price tag for such a bite sized feature, but they'll probably be promoted for thier fleecing of loyal and nostalgic players.

Not impressed or excited at all. Disappointed and sickened.

Edit to add examples.
    Edited by Kel on January 19, 2020 12:25AM
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nope. ZOS has heard all our shrieking about new weapons and skill lines, and instead they push this stupid time sink.
  • Pauls
    Pauls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanted 1h/rune or new skill line, not an old crap digging adventures.
  • witchdoctor
    witchdoctor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't say 'excited.'

But if it is a means for people to get things outside of the Crown store, then it is welcomed. Even if *I* may not involve myself.
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am indeed excited for it. I hope it is more in-depth than lorebook hunting, but the inclusion of two skill lines and minigames makes it sound promising. I also like the variety of rewards possible.I am especially interested in Mythic item, a whole new type of equipment with unique effects; something which people seem to be overlooking when discussing the chapter.

There ARE ways this can be messed up, but I tentatively hold out hope that this new system will be a fun addition to the game.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would be excited with cp rework, not lagging in pvp anymore, an actual interesting lengthy trial and so on, but some rp skill lines... Not really.
    1 piece sets sounds nice but it solely depends on usability of ones.
  • FR0STDEE
    FR0STDEE
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like "mirkmire preper" v2
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pauls wrote: »
    I wanted 1h/rune or new skill line, not an old crap digging adventures.

I am going to go out on a limb and say that we will not get "1H plus Rune", but I expect we will get another weapon skill. It is just a matter of time for them to develop it and bring it to the game. I think it will be a conventional weapon, like a crossbow, though.
    Solariken wrote: »
    Nope. ZOS has heard all our shrieking about new weapons and skill lines, and instead they push this stupid time sink.

People have pushed ZOS for something big and new to do in the game that was not a dungeon/trial or combat skill. They are getting this, and it is a welcome expansion of the game. So, yeah, ZOS heard the requests of these people, and responded. You've had tons of combat, skill, and class changes over the years. Certainly, you can rejoice in other people getting something they have asked for?
  • Contaminate
    Contaminate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m not gonna give a [snip] unless it’s a base game addition. There’s been no new content for the base game since BGs finally got dropped due to having a [snip] population

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on January 21, 2020 4:13PM
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I plan to try this with my thief character. Thanks for posting this!
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It honestly sounds like more treasure maps and any veteran player can tell you how exciting it is to get a treasure map in ESO.
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not so much. We don't know much about it yet. Trying to keep an open mind. But if it's anything like surveys (which I hate) or has grindy RNG associated with it, I won't be too happy.

Honestly, I was hoping for a new skill line or new weapons for magicka characters (besides the destro staff!). And as for vampires... as Dark Willow from Buffy would say, "Bored now."
  • BadShogun
    BadShogun
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like garbage to me. A distraction at best, a horrible grind at worst that's needed in order to get the ONE piece of gear that keeps you competitive in trials.

• Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm interested in the lore and mythic gear, but otherwise, it seems like a big chunk of nothing.

I really don't understand why, amid all the complaints that the overland combat is too easy, they would introduce another casual system that doesn't even involve combat.

As someone who's not overly excited about structured group play, I really don't know what to do with all my max level characters anymore. Why am I even gearing up when I can beat anything outside vMA with a few light attacks?
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Bowser
    Bowser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do we need to grind two separate skill lines for antiquities?
    @King-Koopa
    World First DK Tank Execute on Rakkhat HM
    Play how you want - no meta allowed!
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just hope the final piece isn't behind some HM 12 man trial that only 10% of the population can reach.
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    I just hope the final piece isn't behind some HM 12 man trial that only 10% of the population can reach.

Per site:
    "you can scry the location of ancient relics and excavate them via a series of new minigames."

I don't think they would put "mini games" in the middle of Trial or Dungeon run, that would be crazy.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it just seems very...random...

and i get the feeling it will juts be another psijic line busy work type of thing with what they try to keep people in the old zones
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hard to get excited about anything as long as disconnects in Cyrodiil are rampant and stuck in combat continues to be ignored.
    In short, no. Fix the game.