The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Antiquities System - Are you excited?

Alcast
Alcast
Class Representative
I made an article about all the stuff we know so far about the new Antiquities System. (In case I missed something please let me know, thanks!)
https://alcasthq.com/eso-antiquities-system-guide-greymoor-chapter/

antiquities-system-greymoor-chapter-eso-800x283.jpg

What are your opinions about the Antiquities System, are you excited about it?

Edited by Alcast on January 18, 2020 10:06PM
https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to it certainly, but I'm probably a bit too long in the tooth to get "excited" about computer games. It's an intriguing new feature in a promising additional content.
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Will be awful just like mages guild lore books, but another way to fill bags with antiquity fragments to get people to sub.
    Just another lazy timesink for a dying game
    Edited by rumple9 on January 19, 2020 1:41AM
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not even a little. I'm especially irritated about the fact that gear is locked behind it.
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I've always wanted something like this, and am excited to see what it's like. Gives my thief yet another reason to explore the world.
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • Yellow_Monolith
    Yellow_Monolith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather Zos took a serious look at PvP problems like random disconnects, Volendrung spawning behind winning alliance gates, non cp being completely dead etc. I mean they add these "Egg" hunts every dlc now for furniture but now they're putting potentially op gold gear in the ground for no reason instead of fixing core problems. You can build a great castle on glass foundations but what happens when those foundations start to crumble?
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps excited is a bit too strong, but I'm certainly looking forward to it. I have wished for more content that was solely or mainly combat related and it looks like I'm going to get my wish now. I like exploring and just poking around in the game so from what they've said so far this sounds like just my thing.

Probably won't be for everyone but personally I don't see the point in dungeon, trial or areana number 371632 which will just be some variation of the other 371631 already existing. But you know, to each their own.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! I think mystic items is exactly what this game needs to create more diversity and they will spark interest in everybody who "play the way you want". Well, we have similar items now in form of arena weapons and monster sets, but with body/jewelry variety of PVP builds (and maybe even PVE builds) will explode.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm interested. I'm looking forward to furnishings, outfits and the mount, BUT.. until we know actual drop rates, exactly how the mini games work, how long it takes to level skill lines, etc etc - I'm reserving my excitement.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I am. It sounds cool and like a nice task to do besides fighting, but...

... it doesn’t replace an entirely new combat skill line or combat feature.

ESO needs more to keep me entertained. Combat is so stale and boring and it hasn’t changed since launch and this is the biggest pain point of the game. Having two years of nothing new for combat is pitiful.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll need more info. It sounds like treasure maps with 2 extra hoops to jump through in order to get the loot. It also sounds like 99% of the time I'll be digging up a furnishing fragment and very rarely something that I can actually use in game like a mythic gear piece. It could be a fun distraction or it could be a monotonous grind. I'll wait and see about how it mechanically works to draw conclusions.
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the sound of it a lot. I've always enjoyed collecting the different artifacts in tes games. Something to do in ESO that isn't questing or killing, and is more engaging and rewarding than current standard treasure maps.

Even the trash rewards from it could still be something useful, recycling the various treasure items you can get from doing trials, holiday events, and other activities, to provide a means of income from doing it, so even when you don't get the good stuff, you're still making money.
    Edited by Robo_Hobo on January 18, 2020 10:31PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guardedly optimistic here.

From the description, it sounds like the system will benefit these players the most:

- Lore Buffs / RP Players
    - New Players / Casuals
    - Housing Enthusiasts
    - Explorers

... and benefit these players the least:

- Veteran Players
    - Crafters
    - Combat Enthusiasts (both PvE and PvP) ***

*** I don’t see 1-piece items moving the needle that much on player gear builds. Antiquities will only allow one slotted artifact at a time (not two). So, it doesn’t change the meta 5-5-2 or 5-3-2-2 setup. Unless the artifacts have an expressively strong 1-piece bonus.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on January 18, 2020 10:51PM
  • Jubilee_Cake
    Jubilee_Cake
    ✭✭✭
    No way. For example.

Let's look how ZOS took speed from this one. Running speed was limited first. Then mounted: why on Earth ZOS changed Cyrodiil's Ward mount speed? And then jewelry was nerfed.

Then they grant speed once again as something kewl?

No way that's funny or interesting.

This one is sure anything worth would be nerfed to ground in no time so all Anqu-thisthingies-teas would have no meaning at all
    EU: Qa-ra ... Redfurred ... Mourith ... Vinelle ... Jearati
    Ynglinne ... Furry Tale ... Ko'shka ... Q'illa ... J'unne
    A'gratter ... Lexxette ... Kath'anni ... Catorinne ... La Befana
    Francatstein ... Fluffy Bluff ... Eridium Blight
    NA: Riddle-dar ... Dra's al Ghul
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not in the slightest, honestly.

Was REALLY hoping for a new skill line. Or two. Could of EASILLLLLLLLLY given us 1 hand and rune plus a new world skill line in the version of vampire hunters/dawnguard. Not sure who thought this system would of been cooler than both of those, but hey.

Also it would of fit the chapter more. I find it extremely off putting that in a chapter about vampires, witches, werewolves and set in Skyrim, the big brand new feature is a glorified treasure hunt.

I.....am actually quite disappointed by this. It doesn't make much sense?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I plan to play this and really want to hear more about it. I want to know what sort of things we can find, and how many of them there are. I want to know if the places are always the same, like with the time tears, or if they can be in random places. I am hoping for the latter, simply to prevent the "go here" internet resources, but I expect they will be fixed location.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm hopeful. We'll have to see if it plays out as exciting and not like glorified treasure map hunts. If done right, it could be perfect for those of us that don't just want to fight things all the time. Its also good for end-game play if you aren't into Trials, endless dungeons, or PVP.

I also wish that they would make fishing more rewarding!
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hell, no

Too much to fix before I'll be excited by another method of breaking everything!
    :open_mouth:

Edited by Gythral on January 18, 2020 10:53PM
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm totally excited for this.

To traverse the lands of Tamriel and learn more about the earlier eras and the lore, while earning (hopefully) cool rewards and Mythic items...

Plus it'll be nice to emulate the great Indiana Jones in this game :p

I have my hopes up :)
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Super excited for yet another RNG grind. You need to dig up 10 grains, which you can then convert into 1 plate. 10 plates will get you the first piece of a 10 piece puzzle. Once you complete that, you have a chance to craft a super OP sword or ring to play as you like and have unique buffs.............. but oh wait.... It is the 28th Skyrim charred stick in a row to place in your home...

Enjoy spending 40 skill points and 400 hours for nothing.

Yours truly,
    Devs
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Jubilee_Cake
    Jubilee_Cake
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS got enough fake excitement shouts during the presentation.
    So don't suppose to find'em here.

We actually play the game and not sit at the front row.
    So don't have to do fake shouts that absoulte anything is kewl
    EU: Qa-ra ... Redfurred ... Mourith ... Vinelle ... Jearati
    Ynglinne ... Furry Tale ... Ko'shka ... Q'illa ... J'unne
    A'gratter ... Lexxette ... Kath'anni ... Catorinne ... La Befana
    Francatstein ... Fluffy Bluff ... Eridium Blight
    NA: Riddle-dar ... Dra's al Ghul
  • DarthDowty
    DarthDowty
    Soul Shriven
    Personally no, but I do think it's a decent addition to the game. A lot of lore lovers and people that enjoy exploring etc I think will enjoy it. But for me I was hoping for new weapon skill lines.
    Edited by DarthDowty on January 18, 2020 11:12PM
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We know too little how the system will work to be or not to be excited.

If it will be grindy like WoW archaeology, so you need to run endlessly from place to place and mine with your pick or something like that, then I will not do it.

Also, I'm afraid that the system will be like in order to get some reward like Outfit or Costume, you will need to dig or find like 1500 fragments or parts or whatever they put as archaeology items. If it will be like that, for me, it will be too boring and tedious to do.

For you who did not play WoW, this is how their system works and I hope it will not be as that in ESO, as it is extremely boring to do. https://www.wowhead.com/archaeology
  • MakeMeUhSamich
    MakeMeUhSamich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. I loathe mini-games.
  • Unseelie
    Unseelie
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am. I like having options for different things and a different way to explore the game.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. I got so burned on the WoW archaeology.... it was one of the contributing factors to me deciding I wasn't having enough fun after Pandaria that I quit the game for good.

Pretty sure this entire year is going to give me a huge miss. I'll just continue my crafting and exploring and doing whatever quests seem like they might be fun.... Don't do vamps, weres, nords so pretty uninterested.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm a lore-buff.

So yes, I'm very excited.

Sorry about that.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point no, and I suspect by the popularity of mods that direct players exactly to the location of items, a lot of players don't enjoy these types of scavenger hunts, and do them as a means to an end.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely excited! I love treasure hunting especially when loot is nice (although I'd go search for a pile of dung if it's hidden behind a bunch of hints or poorly drawn map, honestly).

Edit: Also, something not combat-oriented is always such a breath of fresh air!
    Edited by Nairinhe on January 18, 2020 11:24PM
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Like the idea but need to know more. I really hope it will be an Indiana Jones experience but to be honest that sounded way too ambitious to me.