The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Really want a proper gothic mansion.

Unit117
Unit117
✭✭✭✭✭
I really want to make a beautiful vampire home. Dark cloudy depressing setting that we can furnish with gothic style furnishings. Give me the stone castle walls surrounded by fog and dead trees.

My biggest complaint about the current homes is the layout. They almost all have that same layout with overly open area thats impossible to fill out because item limits. And they have these weird connected hallway/ half rooms instead of giving us proper rooms to designate to stuff. I would like a proper mansion with rooms like a actual house. Where I can say “this is my amazing dining room”. Instead of saying “this corner is my dining area” I would like a proper dining area, bedrooms, bathroom, living area, possible a well sized basement.

Anyways this is my big housing wish, and hope we can get something like this eventually. Thank you! :smile:@ZOS_GinaBruno
Edited by Unit117 on January 17, 2020 5:16PM
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd give one of my front teeth to have access to the devs creation kit to be able to have a go at designing a gothic style house like you described! :D
    Something like this....
    vc7jrzkvq754.jpg
    Edited by Zypheran on January 17, 2020 6:57PM
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Respect4Elders
    Respect4Elders
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unit117 wrote: »
    I really want to make a beautiful vampire home. Dark cloudy depressing setting that we can furnish with gothic style furnishings. Give me the stone castle walls surrounded by fog and dead trees.

My biggest complaint about the current homes is the layout. They almost all have that same layout with overly open area thats impossible to fill out because item limits. And they have these weird connected hallway/ half rooms instead of giving us proper rooms to designate to stuff. I would like a proper mansion with rooms like a actual house. Where I can say “this is my amazing dining room”. Instead of saying “this corner is my dining area” I would like a proper dining area, bedrooms, bathroom, living area, possible a well sized basement.

Anyways this is my big housing wish, and hope we can get something like this eventually. Thank you! :smile:@ZOS_GinaBruno

+1. Couldn't agree more.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imo they should just give us more structural stuff (walls with windows, roofs, doors etc) so we can build different types of houses. And more slots, of course (at least for places like Moon-Sugar meadow and Coldharbour Estate).
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • NorthernNightmare
    NorthernNightmare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imo they should just give us more structural stuff (walls with windows, roofs, doors etc) so we can build different types of houses. And more slots, of course (at least for places like Moon-Sugar meadow and Coldharbour Estate).

I need proper stairs!
  • Unseelie
    Unseelie
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tried to ask in four different streams where there were devs answering questions about new housing and it never got read.
    I did find out the same information about mythics about fourty three times and seemingly hours spent on dev drinking habits.
    I was hoping that some website or someone would actually do a real Q&A to get answers for little things people want to know but does not seem like ESO is there yet.
  • Unit117
    Unit117
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Would need a proper snapping feature and alignment. I’ve messed with the current Walls to build a house in game and it’s infuriating to deal with. It’s a pain and doesn’t ever look right
    Edited by Unit117 on January 18, 2020 12:06PM
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are no roof pieces and without them rain falls into your builds as if you were outside. So that's another problem with trying to build anything on your own, let alone the horrible lack of actual building pieces. I'd be thrilled if they'd just give us shell houses that were completely open inside and then the floor, doorways and walls and stairs in the appropriate matching motif to work with.

As to the OP...preach! I am desperately hoping they will answer the call of a proper (24 player) vampire manor and/or castle with the Dark Heart of Skyrim. PLEASE ZOS!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Totally agree with you, on this.

Don't particularly want a depressing setting, personally, but couldn't agree more on the rest of it.

The Alinor Townhouse is probably the nearest we have to a house with proper rooms and Ald Velothi is also not bad, in that respect, either.

But, most of them are like endless corridors, to one extent or another, with the High Elf places being the worst for that.

• Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    There are no roof pieces and without them rain falls into your builds as if you were outside. So that's another problem with trying to build anything on your own, let alone the horrible lack of actual building pieces. I'd be thrilled if they'd just give us shell houses that were completely open inside and then the floor, doorways and walls and stairs in the appropriate matching motif to work with.

Yes and on top of that, it's like (if you don't build) you get ridiculed for "just" being a decorator.

Well, the old saying "You can't make bricks without straw." applies here, in my opinion.

Yes, some people do a great job with the limited materials available and yes, you can cobble something together and then sit in your virtual, glorified shed, as the rain falls on you, but not everyone is that way inclined.

Especially when The Sims is so much better for building, if that is what you want to do.
    Edited by Tigerseye on January 18, 2020 9:53PM
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My biggest complaint about the current homes is the layout. They almost all have that same layout with overly open area thats impossible to fill out because item limits.

Well, what they could do is separate exterior and interior into two separate housing areas (two entries in the list of Houses you own). That way exterior gets one set of housing limits, interior gets one set of housing limits.
    The main issue would be load time. When you go from exterior into interior, you would be transitioning from one house to another house instead of one area to another area in the zone.
    I really want to make a beautiful vampire home. Dark cloudy depressing setting
    That's a furnishing item idea right there -- dark roiling clouds.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on January 20, 2020 4:38PM
  • Unit117
    Unit117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »

Totally agree with you, on this.

Don't particularly want a depressing setting, personally, but couldn't agree more on the rest of it.

The Alinor Townhouse is probably the nearest we have to a house with proper rooms and Ald Velothi is also not bad, in that respect, either.

But, most of them are like endless corridors, to one extent or another, with the High Elf places being the worst for that.

Yeah I just really like depressing gloomy weather. The mood it sets is nice 😊
  • Chryseia
    Chryseia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigerseye, just in case it is helpful, precipitation is generally blocked by any item with collision. So if you do have any homes you are getting rained on in, you should be able to stop the deluge! = )

That being said, weather that is carried by the wind seems to generally act differently and, in my experience, cannot be blocked by items with collision... so you can't avoid getting snowed on in enchanted snow globe, for example, since the snow there is actually more of a wind effect. But that's not true of all snowy homes. In Pariahs, for example, the snow acts like precipitation and can be blocked by making roofs out of items with collision.
    Edited by Chryseia on January 22, 2020 6:34PM
  • Nephthys
    Nephthys
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve been wishing the same for a long time. I’ve done my best to turn Ebonheart Chateau and Daggerfall Overlook into a fitting vampire castle but it just lacks the true gothic air.
    Dunmer magicka Necromancer DPS/Healer
  • Unit117
    Unit117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nephthys same! One day we will get it
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nephthys wrote: »
    I’ve been wishing the same for a long time. I’ve done my best to turn Ebonheart Chateau and Daggerfall Overlook into a fitting vampire castle but it just lacks the true gothic air.

The misty gloomy look of the interior of Ebonhart Chateau is good but I want that located in Rivenspire! Daggerfall Overlook is okay but it's far more suited to being made "pretty" than gloomy. A day/night toggle would help a great deal but even then we're not quite "there" yet. Here's hoping Greymoor gets it right!

• ValorieW
    ValorieW
    ✭✭✭
    The misty gloomy look of the interior of Ebonhart Chateau is good but I want that located in Rivenspire! Daggerfall Overlook is okay but it's far more suited to being made "pretty" than gloomy. ...

I’ve seen loads of gloomy Overlooks. You’re obviously not rising to the challenge. I made Strident Springs into a gothic vampire home, my hag fen cottage into a mystical fairy land home, and the psijic villa into a depressing gothy wasteland.

All that said, I’ve longed for a vampy mansion in or near Evermore, in Bangkorai, for the longest time. Rivenspire is nice, but there’s already plenty of homes in that zone. Evermore is vastly underrated, it could be the next Rawl’kha, except for the want of a desirable home.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ValorieW wrote: »
    The misty gloomy look of the interior of Ebonhart Chateau is good but I want that located in Rivenspire! Daggerfall Overlook is okay but it's far more suited to being made "pretty" than gloomy. ...

I’ve seen loads of gloomy Overlooks. You’re obviously not rising to the challenge. I made Strident Springs into a gothic vampire home, my hag fen cottage into a mystical fairy land home, and the psijic villa into a depressing gothy wasteland.

All that said, I’ve longed for a vampy mansion in or near Evermore, in Bangkorai, for the longest time. Rivenspire is nice, but there’s already plenty of homes in that zone. Evermore is vastly underrated, it could be the next Rawl’kha, except for the want of a desirable home.

I could definitely be happy with Evermore. It is, after all, home of the bloodfiends that infect people and the vampire and werewolf shrines. But Bangkorai is also very pretty. I love the natural desolation and bleakness of Rivenspire.