Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS sends out teaser for next chapter, please help decipher!

• tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to be spoiled for the 2020 chapter...
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hjaalmarch. And they have been rubbing it in our faces for years... Below is the banner sign for Hjaalmarch/Morthal, now look at the sign that's on (almost) every crown crate.

il_fullxfull.1307874521_7bd3.jpg
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kind of hoping for a farmer year. I think Skyrim will be a bit on the weak side as story/characters goes. I’m interested but not as interested as Elsewyr which was like 7/10 interest level. It really depends on the new skills they will add but even so vampire not my thing. We desperately need 1h + magic way more than vampires need an overhaul.
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the same one as ranger but looks like there are four different ones confirmed.
    YouTube | Twitter | Twitch | The Differently Geared

Mistakes must be carelessly planned.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MaleAmazon wrote: »
    I keep seeing people jump to Great Harvest. But with the confirmed dropped Y's, maybe it is actually Grey Harvest. Which would fit with the letter count.

It doesn´t fit with the letter count. It is GRE'X'. If Y's are dropped, there would be nothing there.

The best I can do with that word is "GREA"

That was the issue we who we deciphering it had too, I think back on page two or three. It's definitely GRE but the fourth letter makes no sense. It's either an A, L or a sloppy Y. But if it's Y then why were the others dropped and not that one? It's odd.
  • MaleAmazon
    MaleAmazon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took one final crack at the text next to the gnarled tree:

"Her sky means death to mortal tongues"

It doesn´t quite fit though, but it does sound good ;). I´m pretty sure about "her" and "tongue(s)", guessing that final smudge is an 's'.

The second word could be 'sky', the third 'means', the third I want to be 'death' but there seems to be a letter missing, it could be 'debt' as suggested earlier in the thread but it just doesn´t seem... enough. But I can´t tell, say, daedric G from M at the resolution of the picture I see.

Though it makes sense to me to have greybeards in there... I´m guessing they want to put in whatever they can from Skyrim, like with Morrowind. Old friends and all that. And as far as I know they should be there when the game takes place, so might as well have them do something.

Pretty sure the 'tongues' part doesn´t simply refer to languages, but to the dragon voice. Ok, we just had the year of the dragon, but they might as well reuse a resource or two for Skyrim and not get rid of all things scaly right away.

So my guess is that the greybeards will be involved, there will be witchcraft, a revamped champion system and spellcrafting. I´d love to be able to create my own shouts... I don´t think they will put in Skyrim without having shouts in there somewhere.

Well, all good things come in time.
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Her Cry deals Death to Mortal Tongues"

• xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shot in the dark for the Harvest translation - Could the "G" really be a "D"? Instead of Great or Grey, could it be Drel?

"Drel" is a Harvester boss in Sanguine's Demise... Could just be coincidence and a reach. Since the next word was Harvest, thought it was worth a shot.

Edit: And the sentence wouldn't really make sense. And that dungeon is in Shadowfen. I'm just not convinced of Grey or Great. There is also a boss named Grel there, which would fit too.
    Edited by xWarbrain on December 19, 2019 7:23PM
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thannazzar wrote: »

This one sounds fitting, but there is no way that second word first letter is a C. It's an S for sure.

It doesn´t quite fit though, but it does sound good ;). I´m pretty sure about "her" and "tongue(s)", guessing that final smudge is an 's'.

The second word could be 'sky', the third 'means', the third I want to be 'death' but there seems to be a letter missing, it could be 'debt' as suggested earlier in the thread but it just doesn´t seem... enough. But I can´t tell, say, daedric G from M at the resolution of the picture I see.

Though it makes sense to me to have greybeards in there... I´m guessing they want to put in whatever they can from Skyrim, like with Morrowind. Old friends and all that. And as far as I know they should be there when the game takes place, so might as well have them do something.

Pretty sure the 'tongues' part doesn´t simply refer to languages, but to the dragon voice. Ok, we just had the year of the dragon, but they might as well reuse a resource or two for Skyrim and not get rid of all things scaly right away.

So my guess is that the greybeards will be involved, there will be witchcraft, a revamped champion system and spellcrafting. I´d love to be able to create my own shouts... I don´t think they will put in Skyrim without having shouts in there somewhere.

Now that I've looked at it again, I think "Means" is 100% correct. That is an M for sure.The N is kinda sideways. but fits with the overall sloppy handwriting. Clearly there's more to this than just missing Ys. That "to" was its own word despite not looking like it doesn't surprise me. It kind of looks like they went full hebrew and spelled MORTAL as MRTL. I guess research notes means abbreviations should be expected.

Edit: NVM, it's MRTA instead of MRTL so it's not just dropping vowels. Still fits IMO.
    Edited by Raisin on December 19, 2019 7:12PM
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raisin wrote: »
    Thannazzar wrote: »

This one sounds fitting, but there is no way that second word first letter is a C. It's an S for sure.

Now that I've looked at it again, I think "Means" is 100% correct. That is an M for sure.The N is kinda sideways. but fits with the overall sloppy handwriting. Clearly there's more to this than just missing Ys. That "to" was its own word despite not looking like it doesn't surprise me. It kind of looks like they went full hebrew and spelled MORTAL as MRTL. I guess research notes means abbreviations should be expected.

Edit: NVM, it's MRTA instead of MRTL so it's not just dropping vowels. Still fits IMO.

Yeah this was a pass for me, the quality hurts my eyes lol.
  • Ysbriel
    Ysbriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hide _ _
    u_ _ t it be_ _ _
    the dead

Edited by Ysbriel on December 19, 2019 7:47PM
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    I will say tho that I also didn't really like The Reach area in Skyrim. Kind of boring and annoying. I mean it's fine if we go here but Reachmen are already ALL over this game.

This is the main reason why I think Reachman will NOT be the center focus for this chapter.

We already have so much involving them. I could see them playing a part in the story (Similar to how this year we had the Empire, Dragons, and Necromancers as our main threats), but they aren't enough to stand on their own. If dragons couldn't stand on their own and they had necros/the empire threats, reachman can't either. Which is why I'm leaning more towards vampires being involved as well.
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ysbriel wrote: »
    Hide _ _
    u_ _ t it be_ _ _
    the dead

The one you mean is "Like all urns it bears the dead". :)
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dropped the tree map into Photoshop in case it helps:

dcsmd9u0cvzr.png
    fa4huml2es8b.png
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have translated it all.

Buy in the crown store, may it gnarl your wallet and we reap a great harvest,
    Hjaalmarch. And they have been rubbing it in our faces for years... Below is the banner sign for Hjaalmarch/Morthal, now look at the sign that's on (almost) every crown crate.

" Hjaalmarch is also the poorest of the nine Holds."

No wonder the symbol is on the Gem Boxes, the guys went bankrupt. :#
  • Ysbriel
    Ysbriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hide _ _
    u_ _ t it be_ _ _
    the dead

Well i guess a tomb or coffin would be to obvious to think about. Next to that i could say Soul Gem or Soul Cairn. What else could bear the dead?
  • Garethjolnir
    Garethjolnir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just a shot in the dark here with regards to Falmer:
    5Hdu87U.jpg
    Viele grüße aus Germany. Neu Heimat.
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hide _ _
    u_ _ t it be_ _ _
    the dead

Well i guess a tomb or coffin would be to obvious to think about. Next to that i could say Soul Gem or Soul Cairn. What else could bear the dead?

.....An urn?
  • Ysbriel
    Ysbriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hide _ _
    u_ _ t it be_ _ _
    the dead

.....An urn?

Well it says like all urns so its definetly talking about something else unsless the author means that “this urn is like all others”
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noxavian wrote: »
    I will say tho that I also didn't really like The Reach area in Skyrim. Kind of boring and annoying. I mean it's fine if we go here but Reachmen are already ALL over this game.

This is the main reason why I think Reachman will NOT be the center focus for this chapter.

We already have so much involving them. I could see them playing a part in the story (Similar to how this year we had the Empire, Dragons, and Necromancers as our main threats), but they aren't enough to stand on their own. If dragons couldn't stand on their own and they had necros/the empire threats, reachman can't either. Which is why I'm leaning more towards vampires being involved as well.

that also means being able to leverage more existing assets ;-)
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5Hdu87U.jpg

falmer kinda look like feral vampires anyhow
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    tumblr_p2m5j0LXZB1tjhd5co6_500.gifv
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5Hdu87U.jpg

Thanks for the visual comparison!

I think Falmer are the best bet so far for the symbol / urn. Maybe a powerful Falmer or Snow Elf that someone attempts to resurrect.

There is also an undeniable Reachmen / Daedric connection, but it's not unusual for ZOS' stories that multiple baddies team up - Elsweyr had Imperials, Dragons, Necromancers, and the New Moon Cult. There's no reason why 2020 should only have one faction.

My suspicion is that Reachmen conspire with Daedric help (Vaermina) to take control of the Falmer, especially a certain powerful individual, with the goal to use them as an army to take Skyrim from the Nords.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hide _ _
    u_ _ t it be_ _ _
    the dead

.....An urn?

Well it says like all urns so its definetly talking about something else unsless the author means that “this urn is like all others”

It's a picture of an urn that says 'like all urns it bears the dead'. It's a research journal. Clearly the fact that it's an urn is undisputed and the point is about what dead specifically the urn holds or what special purpose it has, though the journal does not tell us what.
    Edited by Raisin on December 20, 2019 10:43AM
  • Ysbriel
    Ysbriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hide _ _
    u_ _ t it be_ _ _
    the dead

.....An urn?

It's a picture of an urn that says 'like all urns it bears the dead'. It's a research journal. Clearly the fact that it's an urn is undisputed and the point is about what dead specifically the urn holds or what special purpose it has, though the journal does not tell us what.

Honestly though it was like one of those Dwemer elevators in Skyrim. cases closed on that one 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • LaerothKeykalyn
    LaerothKeykalyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the chapter will be related to Winterhold and Whiteshore. Nord stands on Whiteshore and looks into the mountains of Winterhold.The snowiest place is Winterhold.
    To everything else, ZOS will add the long-awaited creation of spells.
    So, according to the signs, Whiterun will also participate in the story.
    And ZOS will change the DLC release policy.
    eso-elderscrollsonline-SotD-TGA-2019-Trailer-Screenshot-9.jpg
    the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-gray-black-mountain-wallpaper.jpg
    skyrim-map-by-gamebanshee-lg.jpg
    skyrim-map-by-mottis86-lg.jpg

Edited by LaerothKeykalyn on December 20, 2019 3:48PM
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was that everything that was decoded?
  • Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    D3N7157 wrote: »
    Cireous wrote: »
    All I see on that map is "No Spellcrafting again for you." :confused:

and thank god for that, you want to destroy pvp balance completely dont you

Not only pvp balance. Spellcrafting in single player -could- work, but in an mmo it isnt doable by a long shot, unless you set predefined parameters for everyone. So no spellcrafting ever in an mmo please.
    Huyen Shadowpaw, dedicated nightblade tank - PS4 (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, nightblade dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Lightpaw, templar healer - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, necromancer dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, dragonknight (no defined role yet)

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely" - Uncle Iroh
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think the chapter will be related to Winterhold and Whiteshore. Nord stands on Whiteshore and looks into the mountains of Winterhold.The snowiest place is Winterhold.

Nice find! That Skyrim picture is pretty close to the teaser. That Nord ruin on the mountain is Bleak Falls Barrow.
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice find! That Skyrim picture is pretty close to the teaser. That Nord ruin on the mountain is Bleak Falls Barrow.

The river bend looks also like the one in markarth at karthwasten
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Partner
    Noractis