Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS sends out teaser for next chapter, please help decipher!

• dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    Can someone give me a short summary or a TLDR for this thread?

Very intriguing stuff!

@Seraphayel
    Well in terms of where we are all guessing, some say Reach, some say Whiterun hold, some say Winterhold hold.

Daedric tect have been translated tho:

One pic says: Death is naught but a fitful sleep
    Another: Like All Urns it bears the dead
    Another: Led them from boughs both gnarled and black. (underneath that): May they reap a grea(t) harvest. (This last one is odd, "Great" does not fit really, only 4 letters but then it'd say Grea… which isn't a word. So we REACHed :p )

IMO The Reach area might be not where we are going based on lore. During this time apparently Skyrim is (STILL) broken up into two Kingdoms. Eastern (run currently by Jorunn in game) and Western and has been this way since 2E 431 and apparently goes until Tiber Septim is crowned. But during this time Markarth (and I assume the Reach area) is run by the Despot of Markarth and was considered an independent city-state... so... not part of Skyrim at the moment. So therefore you can't be in Markarth for the Dark Heart of Skyrim if Markarth isn't apart of Skyrim. Also, worth noting, in lore Whiterun IS called the Heart of Skyrim.

The pics do seem to give some sort of Reach/nature vibe with the Urn from one pic probably being opened by those boomerang looking things in another. (similar to how the tablet worked this year, one piece of it in each Q1 dungeon.) I am assuming those "boomerang" things, as I called it like a champ, are keys that open the urn and release some sort of powerful being(s).

Hope that helps you.

Thank you very much! Very insightful! Curious to see what’s the next Chapter, sounds quite promising.

That does not mean it can't appear in the zone or even as a dungeon or dlc zone
  • DarkPicture
    DarkPicture
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder why the team decided to go with this sort of teaser for the next chapter? Could just be for fun, but maybe they have a special reason for hyping people up a little sooner?

They did similar things last year with Elsweyr though.

No, they didnt
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Browart wrote: »
    I wonder why the team decided to go with this sort of teaser for the next chapter? Could just be for fun, but maybe they have a special reason for hyping people up a little sooner?

No, they didnt

Not the whole riddle solving thing but they sent out Abnur‘s letter and the Wrathstone tablet to streamers and popular ESO players.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • DarkPicture
    DarkPicture
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, they didnt

Not the whole riddle solving thing but they sent out Abnur‘s letter and the Wrathstone tablet to streamers and popular ESO players.

Yea but it was in this year :P

At the beginning of January
    Edited by DarkPicture on December 26, 2019 8:54PM
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, they didnt

Yea but it was in this year :P

At the beginning of January

Ah I‘m used to new Chapter announcements in January and not getting teased as soon as December like this year. :(
    Edited by Seraphayel on December 26, 2019 10:01PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They most likely sent them out earlier this year because last time we got the Tablet hint dropped but then cause of Wrathstone on PTS soon after everything was datamined.
  • philips666_18b16_ESO
    There is a very curious book with Azura and a dark heart maybe Namira is involved in the next chapter

The red marks possibly they have something to do with the red eagle a character with no heart literally maybe namira want to use him for his profit?

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Favored_Daughter_of_Fadomai

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Namira

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Red_Eagle
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is a very curious book with Azura and a dark heart maybe Namira is involved in the next chapter

The red marks possibly they have something to do with the red eagle a character with no heart literally maybe namira want to use him for his profit?

That is interesting. That first one talks about the Dark Heart of Lorkhaj and as some of us know Lorkhaj is Lorkhan aka Shor. Shor is the chief deity of the Nord pantheon. So, maybe the Heart of Lorkhan will play a factor? I wonder if that will play in at all, I mean the book is placed in a dungeon is Elsweyr and developers knew where they'd be going in 2020 back then so why not drop an Easter Egg. Hm.

Not sure it ties with Namira or Red Eagle but still a good find.
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They will make new lore for this game not take from existing archives. Its why they use Loremasters so new content fits with existing.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • kirk_lewis_ESO
    kirk_lewis_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    My money says. its either vampire content, or draugh content, in skyrim. We're heading to skyrim. What skyrim is known for -Werewolves, mages, vampire lords, and dragon priests.
    Templar - looking for a new job (Blame the economy).
  • ShadowKyuubi
    ShadowKyuubi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Black symbol could be a quick representation of a Falmer Helmet. Dark Heart could quite literally refer to the center of Skyrim, which is Blackreach. The urn could refer to a relic of the Snow elves that the falmer have kept.
    Edited by ShadowKyuubi on December 28, 2019 2:57AM
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ToniWinter wrote: »
    I think the Reach awakening a Vampir Lord.
    The Year of Vampir.

Man I HOPE so. Werewolves have gotten some stuff, it's time the vamps did!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    The Year of Vampir.

Werewolves have gotten some stuff

Stuff like mega-nerfs.

I don't have a Werewolf character but I still feel bad seeing them lose power every patch.

Giving Vampires more active abilities would definitely be cool but are we sure we want them doing a "balance pass" over the Vampire line?
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Year of Vampir.

Stuff like mega-nerfs.

I don't have a Werewolf character but I still feel bad seeing them lose power every patch.

Giving Vampires more active abilities would definitely be cool but are we sure we want them doing a "balance pass" over the Vampire line?

Yes.

I believe many players, myself included, are tired of seeing countless people take vampire simply for it's passives just because it's "that good" and not to, you know, be a vampire. It's supposed to be a curse, after all. So, I feel like the perfect balance for this would be to make it more ability-focused, so that only people that **want** to use those abilities and that play style will take it. Instead of every magic user ever taking it because "muh stats"
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Year of Vampir.

Stuff like mega-nerfs.

Noxavian wrote: »
    The Year of Vampir.

Stuff like mega-nerfs.

Yes.

I believe many players, myself included, are tired of seeing countless people take vampire simply for it's passives just because it's "that good" and not to, you know, be a vampire. It's supposed to be a curse, after all. So, I feel like the perfect balance for this would be to make it more ability-focused, so that only people that **want** to use those abilities and that play style will take it. Instead of every magic user ever taking it because "muh stats"

Then those active abilities had better be amazing because stripping the passives otherwise would relegate Vampire into a strictly Roleplaying choice, which would be absurd.
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Year of Vampir.

Stuff like mega-nerfs.

The Year of Vampir.

Stuff like mega-nerfs.

Yes.

Then those active abilities had better be amazing because stripping the passives otherwise would relegate Vampire into a strictly Roleplaying choice, which would be absurd.

Vampire has some possibilties for some pretty amazing active abilities tbh. It could open up new playstyles involving the subclass instead of it just being used for passives. An entire subclass being used for passives feels so bad and looks bad on paper. And we wouldn't be stripping the passives, mind you, they'd just be geared towards the new abilities instead of what they are now. Some would stay the same, I assume. (Like the feeding and vamp ritual ones.)
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Year of Vampir.

Stuff like mega-nerfs.

The Year of Vampir.

Stuff like mega-nerfs.

Yes.

actually an edit to my previous statement:

It would be sick if they changed all of the other passives to work better with the new active abilities THEN combined the feeding and ritual passive into 1 passive to make room for 1 more passive that could help out the new abilities.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The Year of Vampir.

Stuff like mega-nerfs.

The Year of Vampir.

Stuff like mega-nerfs.

Yes.

Me too. After not seeing a WW in pvp for a while I saw three in one BG last night. It was a nice change of pace, hopefully they make a comeback.

Edit - back to the topic. Keep up the good work! I don’t know the lore so can’t contribute, but love things like this and it’s great marketing.
    Edited by Iskiab on December 29, 2019 11:55PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    PRX and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here's to hoping that there are more special ZOS packages hitting mail boxes soon!
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One week left :-)

After @Alcast also puts the maps over each other
    https://alcasthq.com/eso-skyrim-map-clues-for-elder-scrolls-online/

Skyrim-all-maps-overlap-white.jpg

For me the red signs looks like the four entrances locations to blackreach
    Tower of Mzark, Mzinchaleft, Raldbthar and Alftand
    latest?cb\u003d20130213162606
    755px-Lage_Schwarzweite.jpg

The black mark which is on the same position on each map maybe could be the location (whiterun) for something like a key for using the entrances...
    53Ygn0a.jpg
    Edited by The_Saint on January 9, 2020 12:09PM
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Partner
    Noractis
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    hmmm Dawngaurd, Castle Volkihar., Harkon story line maybe? would also tie in with the Molag Bol story line in the main quest line as he created the 1st vampire
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The_Saint wrote: »
    One week left :-)

After @Alcast also puts the maps over each other
    https://alcasthq.com/eso-skyrim-map-clues-for-elder-scrolls-online/

For me the red signs looks like the four entrances locations to blackreach
    Tower of Mzark, Mzinchaleft, Raldbthar and Alftand
    latest?cb\u003d20130213162606
    755px-Lage_Schwarzweite.jpg

The black mark which is on the same position on each map maybe could be the location (whiterun) for something like a key for using the entrances...
    1***0wAK.jpg

I think the marker the black one would be a location in that area maybe a burrow or buriel area. One of the nordic crypts possibly.
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    2020-01-09-11-32-00.png
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2020-01-09-11-32-00.png

Is this new?
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    2020-01-09-11-32-00.png

Is this new?

no lol it just says Skyrim Vampires :)
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

HER SAIMEANS DEATH TOMRTA TONGUES on the translation Her Sai means death If you use an /anagram-solver Place the first three words. Her Sai and Mean You get Ashes Remain from that so I think it was an anagram.
    Ashes Remain Death to Mortal tongues. Would be the translation if I'm correct about this. Then given what has been gathered we would see it like this. The message Not all of it might be in order or even accurate but going by the stuff that was translated. By https://twitter.com/tesbenefactor?lang=en and others that made great progress with it.

Like all Urns it Bears the Dead. Death is naught but a Fitful Sleep.
    Ashes Remain Death to Mortal tongues.
    Let let let let let let In the World Terror
    Death for the Living and Life for the Dead
    Led them from boughs
    both gnarled and black
    may they reap a great harvest of

For those words that can't be translated use this. It might help give more to the message.
    https://anagram-solver.net/

Ashes Remain Death to Mortal Tongues. I think this could be a reference to
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Wulfharth
    in times of trouble he is sung back into the world. I think this might be what they are referring too. As death is naught a fitful sleep is something that is basically kinda like Dagoth Ur. Death is only temporary. Wulfharth has been called upon again and again either by the thuum and is the avatar of Shor. He is one that really hates elves too. Wulfharth make the most sense because ashes remain death to mortal tongues which could mean death to Elves basically. If they play that card maybe someone or something is trying to return him to the world. So to speak that could be what the Urn represents.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on January 9, 2020 1:17PM
    PC NA
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's just be clear Alcast is late to the party.
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast has some serious mistakes in his analysis. Most prominent among them:

"We know from the Dragonhold Storyline that we will be fighting another Dragon in Skyrim that will rise and shine."

Then he shows some dialogue from Nahfahlaar that occurs after fighting Laatvulon. This dialogue refers to the second half of the Dragonhold story (vs Kaalgrontiid), not a "another Dragon in Skyim".
    Edited by Gnortranermara on January 9, 2020 6:41PM
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^exactly but he wants to pull the spotlight onto himself for views so makes sense
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think its saying this.
    Deep Down where Oaherovas Weep not sure on this one. Means but the other one Deep down where Oakeroots Weep antigram of Oakeroots is Esorakoto which is french for Nightmare wait I moment I think I made a big mistake on that one. It does not mean french for nightmare.

Like All Urns its Bears the dead Death is naught but a Fitful Sleep.
    Ashes Remain Death to Mortal Tongues.
    Death For the Living and Life for the Dead.
    Let let let let let in the world
    Led from Boughs both Gnarled and Black may they reap a great harvest of terror
    Deep Down where Nirnroots Weep
    Deep down where Nightmares Weep

This does seem to suggest Black Reach. I'd think whatever is happening could directly involve it.
    That black strange symbol on the map does really look Falmeri to me. Maybe a lost Falmeri Site.
    Falmer are like a nightmare to the Nords and they do get blamed for a lot of stuff.
    I think that could be what it means.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on January 10, 2020 4:30AM
    PC NA