Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

ZOS sends out teaser for next chapter, please help decipher!

• Shievarei
    Shievarei
    ✭✭✭
    Libonotus wrote: »
    That urn 100% looks looks like the urn Serena was locked in in Skyrim.

You can say that’s not lore friendly all you want, but, we literally had dragons this year.

HyLy6oj.png
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be honest when we say Skyrim we say NORDS and we say SNOW. So I would really like to see a story that is more centered around Nords of Skyrim, about the center and nordest part of the region, with snow capped mountains and snowy valleys full of dragonpriest tombs and long lost and forgotten dwemmer ruins which are nothing more than a portal towards blackreach. That was one of the most iconic aspects of Skyrim for me.

I wouldn't say no if we are to go to Markarth and kill few reachmen but come on. Lore / quest and exploration wasn't too great. Malkarth though might look great and different than what we have so far. A city carved in the mountains. I got really huge expectation for this chapter but I have a feeling all that will not get to my heart in the end.

Speaking about heart, I think it have references to briarhearts, vampires or... blackreach.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    581832062.jpg

I think you're reaching when it comes to that having anything to do with Serana.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah it isn't Serana and I doubt vampires are involved. After coming across A dance in fire connection with the Words Led them from the Boughs both Gnarled and Black. That someone mentioned earlier in this thread as a possible translation. A very good logical guess after stumbling across that would be that the content will involve the missing Bosmeri Walking Tree City Falinesti
    I felt the connection was so great I even made my own thread discussing it.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/505606/by-doing-some-research-from-the-translations-skyrim-dark-heart-might-involve-the-city-of-falinesti#latest

We might see necromancers or reachman involved however into the content and the way the map has daedric symbols and reachman looking drawing and scratches. So I think that will be part of the storyline. I do think it will be Hjaalmarch as the chapter location.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on December 19, 2019 8:36AM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    20191219_0953422.jpg
    I got this today
    Edited by The_Saint on December 19, 2019 9:01AM
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Partner
    Noractis
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reachmen / Briarhearts all the way :( correct me if im wrong.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flying mounts confirmed.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The_Saint wrote: »
    20191219_0953422.jpg
    I got this today

Wow, everyone is getting different things. This is pretty cool. Well the tree is a reach tree. But the things at the bottom look like Boomarangs, elven style. Only two elven races were really ever in Skyrim: Dwemer and Snow Elf. Hmmm.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    20191219_0953422.jpg
    I got this today

Wow, everyone is getting different things. This is pretty cool. Well the tree is a reach tree. But the things at the bottom look like Boomarangs, elven style. Only two elven races were really ever in Skyrim: Dwemer and Snow Elf. Hmmm.

I'm pretty sure its Falinesti the missing Bosmer City.
    PC NA
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    20191219_0953422.jpg
    I got this today

Well they will have to do some writing that make sense cause according to lore Falinesti does not return until 2E 830. Now it is worded in lore "Returned to Valenwood" so they could work with that but it would be odd for Nords to really give a crap about a Bosmer city. If it is Falinesti that means we finally see Imga since they are on it.
    Edited by OtarTheMad on December 19, 2019 9:20AM
  • Vanos444
    Vanos444
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    20191219_0953422.jpg
    I got this today

Bosmer don't live in Skyrim.
    Dwemer or Falmer ( aka snowelfs) and the latter seems to be more prominent with vampiric touch to it. My guess it's the Skyrim dawnguard dlc
  • Vanos444
    Vanos444
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shievarei wrote: »

You can say that’s not lore friendly all you want, but, we literally had dragons this year.

HyLy6oj.png
    581832062.jpg

I think you're reaching when it comes to that having anything to do with Serana.
    20191219_0953422.jpg
    I got this today

With all these images. It's confirmed that we are getting a Vampire theme. With new vampire or fighters skill line...
    And we will be facing those falmers.
    I hope, we get to see Serena.
    Edited by Vanos444 on December 19, 2019 9:28AM
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vanos444 wrote: »

HyLy6oj.png
    581832062.jpg

20191219_0953422.jpg
    I got this today

With all these images. It's confirm that we are getting a Vampire theme. With new vampire or fighters skill line...

Vampire theme hasn't been confirmed. Its a pipe dream I think some players that really enjoyed dawnguard want to see. But does not mean they will do that. They do have to make the storyline unique. Maybe there would be vampire quests but from what I've seen in the possible translations players have posted it does not scream vampire to me. It does however scream reachmen however. Given the symbols and the daedric alpahbet. Lore Wise Reachmen are so heavily involved with the Daedric princes. Like Hircine, Molag Bal and others. Maybe Falinesti was Molag Bals focus to help draw in Nirn given its connection to the earth bones. As the reachmen were activity helping Molag Bal. It would be likely they might have been able to summon the walking city to them if they knew the proper bindings to do it. So maybe it will follow up with that.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on December 19, 2019 9:37AM
    PC NA
  • Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    20191219_0953422.jpg
    I got this today

Dwemer or Falmer ( aka snowelfs) and the latter seems to be more prominent with vampiric touch to it. My guess it's the Skyrim dawnguard dlc

Falmer arent snowelfs. They are deranged Dwemer and Snowelfs alike who have been experimented on and enslaved.
    Huyen Shadowpaw, dedicated nightblade tank - PS4 (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, nightblade dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Lightpaw, templar healer - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, necromancer dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, dragonknight (no defined role yet)

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely" - Uncle Iroh
  • Vanos444
    Vanos444
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    '
    Huyen wrote: »
    20191219_0953422.jpg
    I got this today

Falmer arent snowelfs. They are deranged Dwemer and Snowelfs alike who have been experimented on and enslaved.

They were snow elf's.
    https://youtu.be/utnTBn8X41Y
    Edited by Vanos444 on December 19, 2019 9:34AM
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    20191219_0953422.jpg
    I got this today

Snow elves changed into falmer thanks to the dwemer.
    Dwemer not falmer.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Falmer

They are. Oddly enough Falmer remind me of the deranged High Elves that were apart of the Corgrad Wastes and also Feral Bosmer. Are elves easily driven insane in TES?
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are serious Lich vibes here. And we all know how the Reachmen love themselves some Necromancy.

Also:

"At some point after the Planemeld, Galerion headed north with an army of Mages and Lamp Knights to a cursed mountain path to settle his business with Mannimarco. Galerion and his army were met by an equally powerful army of necromancers on the mountain, and both sides were ready to do battle."

Source: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Vanus_Galerion
    Return of Mannimarco and the death of Vanus Galerion?
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    There are serious Lich vibes here. And we all know how the Reachmen love themselves some Necromancy.

Also:

"At some point after the Planemeld, Galerion headed north with an army of Mages and Lamp Knights to a cursed mountain path to settle his business with Mannimarco. Galerion and his army were met by an equally powerful army of necromancers on the mountain, and both sides were ready to do battle."

Source: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Vanus_Galerion
    Return of Mannimarco and the death of Vanus Galerion?

I'm also getting lich-iness.
    A vanus - mannimarco show down would be pretty awesome too.
  • Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    '
    20191219_0953422.jpg
    I got this today

They were snow elf's.

Exactly. Were snowelfs, but the inbreeding, experiments and whatnot made them Falmer, not Snowelfs.

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely" - Uncle Iroh
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Truthsnark wrote: »
    Yakhem (Y) is often dropped in written daedric scrolls and inscriptions. With Yakhem added back in, the line reads MAY THEY REAP A GREAT HARVEST.

All this just to announce the return of Reaper's Harvest Crown Crates.
    PS5 EU.
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

HyLy6oj.png
    581832062.jpg

20191219_0953422.jpg
    I got this today

With all these images. It's confirmed that we are getting a Vampire theme. With new vampire or fighters skill line...
    And we will be facing those falmers.
    I hope, we get to see Serena.

How on earth do you get to that ‘confirmed’ conclusion?!

(Really so hope it’s nothing to do with Dawnguard as that was such a dull dlc. Would prefer something ORIGINAL.)
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe it’s something to do with us as the vestige maybe? Maybe we have a marker on our head for all our meddling.....
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chaos2088 wrote: »
    Maybe it’s something to do with us as the vestige maybe? Maybe we have a marker on our head for all our meddling.....

We are dead anyway.

• Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    '
    20191219_0953422.jpg
    I got this today

They were snow elf's.

Exactly. Were snowelfs, but the inbreeding, experiments and whatnot made them Falmer, not Snowelfs.

No they were always called falmer. It's just that people began to associate the present day corrupted versions who live under ground with the word falmer. They are still the same species. Just the modern day falmer are insane, blind shadows of their former selves who have defaulted to a more primitive way of life.
  • Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neoealth wrote: »
    '
    20191219_0953422.jpg
    I got this today

They were snow elf's.

No they were always called falmer. It's just that people began to associate the present day corrupted versions who live under ground with the word falmer. They are still the same species. Just the modern day falmer are insane, blind shadows of their former selves who have defaulted to a more primitive way of life.

Dwemer lore suggests differently tho. But then again, we arent completely sure, because some Nord badass had to wipe them from the face of the earth.

• L2Pissue
    L2Pissue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the point of teaser if u will have 858 ping and can't play
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reachmen and undeath seem to be common themes. Reachmen make sense in the context...

Falmer would be nice, as I always found Ancient Falmer lore fascinating. However, you can't really discuss the Falmer in the Second Era without mentioning the Dwemer and from what I can see in the images, there doesn't seem to be anything Dwemer-related. In 2E, the Falmer as we know them would still be hidden deep in the darkest depths of Dwemer ruins, not to emerge until 4E.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Neoealth wrote: »
    '
    20191219_0953422.jpg
    I got this today

They were snow elf's.

Dwemer lore suggests differently tho. But then again, we arent completely sure, because some Nord badass had to wipe them from the face of the earth.

From UESP. And we are completely sure, as some unchanged or uncorrupted Snow Elves are alive.
    The Falmer are blind, corrupted descendants of the ancient Snow Elves that live deep beneath the surface of Skyrim. They are known to stalk and attack intruders in various underground areas, primarily Dwemer ruins. Adventurers can often quickly tell when the Falmer inhabit a place thanks to their odor, which is said to be repulsive. They have been known to come up to the surface to attack the unwary. They are roughly man-sized, but hunched over and "ugly", resembling creatures of goblin-kind more than their own Mer ancestors. They have no noses, only long slits for nostrils. Their ears are distinctly pointed, their skin pallid, and their eyes lifeless and black.

Much as "High Elf" and "Wood Elf" are interchangeable terms for "Altmer" and "Bosmer" respectively, "Snow Elf" is really just another term for "Falmer". The Snow Elves were a proud and prosperous race of mer who occupied a portion of modern-day Skyrim until they were displaced by the invading Nords. Many of the ancient Snow Elves were betrayed in a deal for asylum they struck with the Dwemer. The Dwemer forced their wards to subsist only on toxic fungi which twisted them into sightless slaves. It's the descendants of these slaves who many of the people of Tamriel have come to know as the Falmer, while their grand ancestors are remembered as Snow Elves. The Falmer were able to adapt to life underground, but have lost the sophistication the Snow Elves exhibited. For garments, they wear only rags and leathers. They live in tents and huts, employ traps to guard their territory, keep chaurus as livestock, and utilize roughly-made weaponry and tools. Some still demonstrate an aptitude for magic. Perhaps most curiously of all, somehow their souls have shrunk; unlike all other Mer, not are all of their souls the same size, and one does not need a Black Soul Gem to capture one of their souls.

Few know that an unknown number of Snow Elves rejected the Dwemer's deal and went into hiding, or that some of them survived, uncorrupted, into modern times. Knight-Paladin Gelebor of the Chantry of Auri-El, the only known Snow Elf still alive today, embraced the distinction between "Falmer" and "Snow Elf" due to the negative connotations "Falmer" had taken on among travelers over the millennia, but he personally knew his fallen brethren as the Betrayed. Falmers are cited in Skaal legends of Solstheim as "servants of the Adversary" and "evil beings".

• D3N7157
    D3N7157
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cireous wrote: »
    All I see on that map is "No Spellcrafting again for you." :confused:

and thank god for that, you want to destroy pvp balance completely dont you