Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS sends out teaser for next chapter, please help decipher!

• MaleAmazon
    MaleAmazon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They've changed the map before on multiple occasions.

This immediately made me think of the Ebonheart book in ESO-Morrowind, which might be the funniest thing I have ever read in a TES game.

(Those who played TES3 know what I mean :) )
  • Unseelie
    Unseelie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Urvoth wrote: »
    Eevee_42 wrote: »
    Unless they decipher this as performance improvements, then it doesn’t really matter.

Join the other salt filled threads, let those of us not filled with anger enjoy this. thanks

Yeah, because let’s just be hyped for another generic quest zone and no fixes for prolonged issues.

If you can't find anything to be interested anymore just leave. Stop logging in, stop paying for your sub. Instead you continue to log in knowing that all it will do is make you want to complain and then you and others just go into every thread where anyone dares to be positive and then pee all over everything because you can't stand people being positive.
    If you genuinely believe that the devs are not working day and night to fix issues that are going on I really do not know what to tell you. If you honestly think that they are supposed to take time to constantly reassure you that they are working on it than again I do not know what to tell you.
    It has been said time and time again that there are different teams that do different parts of the game but you people refuse to accept it because you would rather continue post peeing.
    If they game ceased moving forward it would die, and then you would have to go find another game to continually complain about because every single mmo out there has forums full of people with things to complain about.
    Let people enjoy themselves.
    Edited by Unseelie on December 22, 2019 4:43PM
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaleAmazon wrote: »
    They've changed the map before on multiple occasions.

This immediately made me think of the Ebonheart book in ESO-Morrowind, which might be the funniest thing I have ever read in a TES game.

(Those who played TES3 know what I mean :) )
    The one where Vivec wants to copy/move a whole city?
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • MaleAmazon
    MaleAmazon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The one where Vivec wants to copy/move a whole city?

"Build, move, whatever you think is best"

:D:D:D

There is also a funny note about the 'jungle' of Cyrodiil, I think it´s in the Mages´ Guild and perhaps in other places. For those who don´t know, Cyrodiil was described as a jungle pre-TES4. Then in TES 4 they made it a temperate forest, I guess partly because the computers wouldn´t be able to handle jungle. I remember Todd Howard or whoever it was trying to weasel out of it by referring to a quite absurd interpretation of the word "rainforest".

Anyway there are a few notes in ESO that make fun of the whole thing.
    Edited by MaleAmazon on December 22, 2019 4:57PM
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    richo262 wrote: »
    The ESO map is wrong.

They might change it. They've changed the map before on multiple occasions. But they don't have to. It's also perfectly reasonable to place Winterhold a bit further west and explain it as geological change over time. That's not much of a stretch in a game with a history of ecological disasters (not to mention magic and other celestial forces that can change the landscape), including at Winterhold itself.

Thing is with most scribed maps is that cartographers get it wrong. :)
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here is the thing even though the map or in game locations are definitely not accurate to what they looked like in the single player games like Skyrim or Oblivion some of it to the point of even breaking the lore. .But here is why it is like that. Zenimax I think did the best they could, but if it was true this game was in devolpment before even Skyrim was released they might have had to do a lot of work to redo the Skyrim zones before the ingame release of those Skyrim zones that were added with base game. Another reason given Eso zones are not accurate compared to bethesda's single player games is the fact they have to rebuild those zones from the ground up and they can't just port over maps because they use a completely different engine. Maybe they will change up the map and make those zones to be accurate compared to what they are now so they can fit in more zones and content at some point down the road.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on December 23, 2019 4:25AM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The answer to all 4 maps is whiterun
  • Indoril_Nerevar
    Indoril_Nerevar
    ✭✭✭
    You guys are excited?

Imagine . . . how I feel ;)
    Edited by Indoril_Nerevar on December 23, 2019 11:57AM
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wonder why the team decided to go with this sort of teaser for the next chapter? Could just be for fun, but maybe they have a special reason for hyping people up a little sooner?
    Edited by LukosCreyden on December 23, 2019 7:21PM
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys are excited?

Imagine . . . how I feel ;)

lol
  • Inval1d
    Inval1d
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hjaalmarch. And they have been rubbing it in our faces for years... Below is the banner sign for Hjaalmarch/Morthal, now look at the sign that's on (almost) every crown crate.

il_fullxfull.1307874521_7bd3.jpg

The logo in the Crown Crates is the Gold Coast Trading Company's...
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Gold_Coast_Trading_Company
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here is the thing even though the map or in game locations are definitely not accurate to what they looked like in the single player games like Skyrim or Oblivion some of it to the point of even breaking the lore. .But here is why it is like that. Zenimax I think did the best they could, but if it was true this game was in devolpment before even Skyrim was released they might have had to do a lot of work to redo the Skyrim zones before the ingame release of those Skyrim zones that were added with base game. Another reason given Eso zones are not accurate compared to bethesda's single player games is the fact they have to rebuild those zones from the ground up and they can't just port over maps because they use a completely different engine. Maybe they will change up the map and make those zones to be accurate compared to what they are now so they can fit in more zones and content at some point down the road.

I would love a more accurate Eastmarch and Rift zones, not sure that'll happen anytime soon but it'd be nice. Also, yeah this game was in development at the same time of Skyrim really. They started making this in 2007 and EP was the first zone done so it was bound to be inaccurate.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder why the team decided to go with this sort of teaser for the next chapter? Could just be for fun, but maybe they have a special reason for hyping people up a little sooner?

Probably because of the data mine craziness of last year. (Or was it Elsewhere?)
    Anyway, data miners found out, released it and ZoS had to scramble to beat the leaks.
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone give me a short summary or a TLDR for this thread?

Very intriguing stuff!
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They did similar things last year with Elsweyr though.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

Very intriguing stuff!

TLDR:

1. We're all still guessing
    2. No one knows for sure
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inval1d wrote: »
    Hjaalmarch. And they have been rubbing it in our faces for years... Below is the banner sign for Hjaalmarch/Morthal, now look at the sign that's on (almost) every crown crate.

cept they crate all have the symbol wrong way.
    So it's kind of in the middle.

each branch curls from left to right.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Crown_Crates
    branches curl from right to left, but do have the hook like above.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Morthal
    branches curl from right to left but dont have the hook.

So, confusion between the two isn't hard.
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the chapter will be related to Winterhold and Whiteshore. Nord stands on Whiteshore and looks into the mountains of Winterhold.The snowiest place is Winterhold.
    To everything else, ZOS will add the long-awaited creation of spells.
    So, according to the signs, Whiterun will also participate in the story.
    And ZOS will change the DLC release policy.
    eso-elderscrollsonline-SotD-TGA-2019-Trailer-Screenshot-9.jpg
    the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-gray-black-mountain-wallpaper.jpg

When comparing the two pictures. i think the location the toon in the top picture is standing, is in the ruins on the left side of the bottom picture.

This might be the Bleak Falls Barrow?
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the chapter will be related to Winterhold and Whiteshore. Nord stands on Whiteshore and looks into the mountains of Winterhold.The snowiest place is Winterhold.
    To everything else, ZOS will add the long-awaited creation of spells.
    So, according to the signs, Whiterun will also participate in the story.
    And ZOS will change the DLC release policy.
    eso-elderscrollsonline-SotD-TGA-2019-Trailer-Screenshot-9.jpg
    the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-gray-black-mountain-wallpaper.jpg
    skyrim-map-by-gamebanshee-lg.jpg
    skyrim-map-by-mottis86-lg.jpg

Will change the DLC release policy? What do you mean?

Chapter in Q1, Dungeon DLC in Q2/4 and Zone DLC in Q3 or what?
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DBZVelena wrote: »
    Inval1d wrote: »

cept they crate all have the symbol wrong way.
    So it's kind of in the middle.

each branch curls from left to right.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Crown_Crates
    branches curl from right to left, but do have the hook like above.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Morthal
    branches curl from right to left but dont have the hook.

So, confusion between the two isn't hard.

You can both relax, I was only joking. :D
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Very intriguing stuff!

@Seraphayel
    Well in terms of where we are all guessing, some say Reach, some say Whiterun hold, some say Winterhold hold.

Daedric tect have been translated tho:

One pic says: Death is naught but a fitful sleep
    Another: Like All Urns it bears the dead
    Another: Led them from boughs both gnarled and black. (underneath that): May they reap a grea(t) harvest. (This last one is odd, "Great" does not fit really, only 4 letters but then it'd say Grea… which isn't a word. So we REACHed :p )

IMO The Reach area might be not where we are going based on lore. During this time apparently Skyrim is (STILL) broken up into two Kingdoms. Eastern (run currently by Jorunn in game) and Western and has been this way since 2E 431 and apparently goes until Tiber Septim is crowned. But during this time Markarth (and I assume the Reach area) is run by the Despot of Markarth and was considered an independent city-state... so... not part of Skyrim at the moment. So therefore you can't be in Markarth for the Dark Heart of Skyrim if Markarth isn't apart of Skyrim. Also, worth noting, in lore Whiterun IS called the Heart of Skyrim.

The pics do seem to give some sort of Reach/nature vibe with the Urn from one pic probably being opened by those boomerang looking things in another. (similar to how the tablet worked this year, one piece of it in each Q1 dungeon.) I am assuming those "boomerang" things, as I called it like a champ, are keys that open the urn and release some sort of powerful being(s).

Hope that helps you.
    Edited by OtarTheMad on December 24, 2019 7:05PM
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spent all day decoding... all I got was
    [img][/img]3kezmc.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    ok about this new dlc.

serana was sealed sometime between the reman empire and septim empire. aka around eso time.
    valerica had dragon bones in her lab.
    dunerviir (may be spelt wrong) is a dragon that was around when valerica was sealed.
    dark heart of skyrim.

hmm.

doesn't take a genius.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok about this new dlc.

serana was sealed sometime between the reman empire and septim empire. aka around eso time.
    dunerviir (may be spelt wrong) is a dragon that was around when valerica was sealed.
    dark heart of skyrim.

hmm.

doesn't take a genius.

i thought she was sealed a lot earlier?
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok about this new dlc.

dark heart of skyrim.

hmm.

doesn't take a genius.

i thought she was sealed a lot earlier?

It depends on what wiki you read (and you do realize that wikis are editable by most anyone, right?) From what I remember of the questline (not much - I really had zero use for it except when running a game with LotD installed) Serana doesn't know ANYTHING about "recent history". But she does know about Moth Priests.

I just go with sealed into the tomb in the late Merethic era - works for me.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ok about this new dlc.

dark heart of skyrim.

hmm.

doesn't take a genius.

According to Durnehviir he was tricked into the Soul Cairn and this is what he said about it: "There was a time when I called Tamriel my home. But those days have long since passed. The dovah roamed the skies, vying for their small slices of territory that resulted in immense and ultimately fatal battles." That sounds like the dragon war, or some time around then. When he was tricked into staying it was cause of Valerica so Serana had already been entombed.

Also they are kind of divided about when Serana was entombed. Some say by the First Era (That was said by people who made this game early on) and some say by the middle-later part of the Second. (said by a leading member of the Bethesda Softworks forums)
    Edited by OtarTheMad on December 25, 2019 2:18AM
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »

Very intriguing stuff!

@Seraphayel
    Well in terms of where we are all guessing, some say Reach, some say Whiterun hold, some say Winterhold hold.

Daedric tect have been translated tho:

One pic says: Death is naught but a fitful sleep
    Another: Like All Urns it bears the dead
    Another: Led them from boughs both gnarled and black. (underneath that): May they reap a grea(t) harvest. (This last one is odd, "Great" does not fit really, only 4 letters but then it'd say Grea… which isn't a word. So we REACHed :p )

IMO The Reach area might be not where we are going based on lore. During this time apparently Skyrim is (STILL) broken up into two Kingdoms. Eastern (run currently by Jorunn in game) and Western and has been this way since 2E 431 and apparently goes until Tiber Septim is crowned. But during this time Markarth (and I assume the Reach area) is run by the Despot of Markarth and was considered an independent city-state... so... not part of Skyrim at the moment. So therefore you can't be in Markarth for the Dark Heart of Skyrim if Markarth isn't apart of Skyrim. Also, worth noting, in lore Whiterun IS called the Heart of Skyrim.

The pics do seem to give some sort of Reach/nature vibe with the Urn from one pic probably being opened by those boomerang looking things in another. (similar to how the tablet worked this year, one piece of it in each Q1 dungeon.) I am assuming those "boomerang" things, as I called it like a champ, are keys that open the urn and release some sort of powerful being(s).

Hope that helps you.

Thank you very much! Very insightful! Curious to see what’s the next Chapter, sounds quite promising.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems whiterun
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on December 25, 2019 10:16AM
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    christmas is so boring... i mean the free time is nice but NOTHING happening, no youtube uploads, no tv shows, no movies, no games, no players, no nothing
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Browart wrote: »
    Morokei from labyrinthian? Or in general all dragon priests? (god bless no more dragon theme...)

I would predict Labyrinthian as a trial.