Maintenance for the week of August 26:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – August 26

ZOS sends out teaser for next chapter, please help decipher!

• Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the chapter will be related to Winterhold and Whiteshore. Nord stands on Whiteshore and looks into the mountains of Winterhold.The snowiest place is Winterhold.
    To everything else, ZOS will add the long-awaited creation of spells.
    So, according to the signs, Whiterun will also participate in the story.
    And ZOS will change the DLC release policy.
    eso-elderscrollsonline-SotD-TGA-2019-Trailer-Screenshot-9.jpg
    the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-gray-black-mountain-wallpaper.jpg
    skyrim-map-by-gamebanshee-lg.jpg
    skyrim-map-by-mottis86-lg.jpg

I agree there is a strong possibility that Winterhold and Wintershore are included in next DLCs. However, I don't see how this gives us proof of spell crafting making a return. Same for the DLC release policy, I doubt ZOS will change what seems to be working well for them these days : dungeon + zone + dungeons+ small zone

They can easily make 2 chapters out of Skyrim with the first one being about winterhold/whitershore. And the second one with markath as big zone and solitude small zone. I doubt whiterun will get a chapter as it is in vast plain where ZOS could hardly put mountains to end the zone.
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on December 20, 2019 8:55PM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • XomRhoK
    XomRhoK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the chapter will be related to Winterhold and Whiteshore. Nord stands on Whiteshore and looks into the mountains of Winterhold.The snowiest place is Winterhold.
    If green light on this screenshot is from the explosion at the end of the Elsweyr questline, then Nord look at south, so he can't stand on Whiteshore and look at mountains of Winterhold, unless ZOS messed up something.
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    XomRhoK wrote: »
    If green light on this screenshot is from the explosion at the end of the Elsweyr questline, then Nord look at south, so he can't stand on Whiteshore and look at mountains of Winterhold, unless ZOS messed up something.

Agreed, it doesn't add up. The other prediction of dragon bridge area is more realistic.
  • ToniWinter
    ToniWinter
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vaermina
    The princess of nightmares and psychological terror rules over Modderfenn. As a rule, it is viewed as thoroughly evil, and its impact on the mortal world usually brings only evil. Your artifact is the skull of corruption, a staff.
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Saint wrote: »
    The river bend looks also like the one in markarth at karthwasten

The river at Markarth is what it reminded me of when I first saw it
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eevee_42 wrote: »
    Unless they decipher this as performance improvements, then it doesn’t really matter.

Join the other salt filled threads, let those of us not filled with anger enjoy this. thanks

Yeah, because let’s just be hyped for another generic quest zone and no fixes for prolonged issues.
  • CiliPadi
    CiliPadi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not spending money on it on release only to be heavily discounted 3 months later. I can wait.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looks like reach imagery for sure. That zone is so tightly spaced in tesV with a ton of vertical dimension. But there is a dragonguard sanctuary nearby as well as plenty of dwemer ruins. Maybe that grappling bow will be of use again😉

I hope so i had so much fun with it
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ixie wrote: »

The only problem with it being near Karthwasten is that the closest snowy mountain to the south (in order to get that pic) is too far away. I don't know. My odd guess is that the Nord is standing on a mountain near Helgen area and looking down and that's the White River but even that doesn't really fit. Cinematic's are hard. The closest I have seen is that other pic back from Skyrim on page 6, I am fairly sure that's Bleak Falls Barrow, river in the distance looks similar.
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    ixie wrote: »

The only problem with it being near Karthwasten is that the closest snowy mountain to the south (in order to get that pic) is too far away. I don't know. My odd guess is that the Nord is standing on a mountain near Helgen area and looking down and that's the White River but even that doesn't really fit. Cinematic's are hard. The closest I have seen is that other pic back from Skyrim on page 6, I am fairly sure that's Bleak Falls Barrow, river in the distance looks similar.

I'm looking through to see which holds were actually around during the 2nd era.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just read something on UESP that is interesting. I didn't realize the divide lasted so long:
    When High King Logrolf was assassinated in 2E 431, a schism formed between the east and west of Skyrim, creating two separate kingdoms that remained well into the Interregnum. However, Markarth was the outlier as it was an independent city-state of Reachmen, ruled by the infamous Despot of Markarth.

Markarth and Skyrim was like this until Tiber Septim came around. Which means, if ZOS continues with lore, Skyrim is divided into different kingdoms.

EDIT- For those unaware of lore:
    2E 431 — Skyrim splits into Eastern and Western kingdoms.
    After High King Logrolf is assassinated, Jarl Svartr of Solitude challenges the legitimacy of Logrolf's heir, Freydis, and a Moot is convened. Although Freydis is accepted by the Crown of Verity and named High Queen in Windhelm, a partial Moot held in Solitude declares Svartr to be High King. From then on, Skyrim is divided into an Eastern kingdom, ruled by the successors of Freydis, and a Western kingdom, ruled by the successors of Svartr
    Edited by OtarTheMad on December 21, 2019 2:23AM
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Huyen wrote: »
    Vanos444 wrote: »
    '
    Huyen wrote: »
    Vanos444 wrote: »
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    20191219_0953422.jpg
    I got this today

Wow, everyone is getting different things. This is pretty cool. Well the tree is a reach tree. But the things at the bottom look like Boomarangs, elven style. Only two elven races were really ever in Skyrim: Dwemer and Snow Elf. Hmmm.

I'm pretty sure its Falinesti the missing Bosmer City.

Bosmer don't live in Skyrim.
    Dwemer or Falmer ( aka snowelfs) and the latter seems to be more prominent with vampiric touch to it. My guess it's the Skyrim dawnguard dlc

Falmer arent snowelfs. They are deranged Dwemer and Snowelfs alike who have been experimented on and enslaved.

They were snow elf's.
    https://youtu.be/utnTBn8X41Y

Exactly. Were snowelfs, but the inbreeding, experiments and whatnot made them Falmer, not Snowelfs.

Actually falmer mean snow elf like dunmer mean dark elf as said by that snow elf in dawnguard
    He says that he doensnt like being called falmer anymore due to him being completly differant than the other savage one
    Edited by Dark_Lord_Kuro on December 21, 2019 2:49AM
  • DRTE
    DRTE
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'v had a few thoughts about this and i'll just add my 2 cents.

My current theory's are leading me towards something to do with saarthal as it was once the capital of skyrim. It is also the settlement of the first atmoran to come to skyrim which is ysgramor.
    It could tie into something to do with falmer aka snow elfs which had a war with the atmoran people and destroyed saarthal. It could possibly have something to do with an awakening of a dragon priest or the dragon cult which then could also relate to hermaeus mora and the first dragon born miraak which was his champion.
    The dark heart of skyrim could mean blackreach which also ties in with that area's local and the temple of Mzark. and lastly dark magic might have something to do with the eye of magnus since it has always been under saarthal and a possible reason why falmer had a war with atmoran people.

Just some food for thought.
    DRAGON SPAWN

Tyrion septim. Stam DK
    Agneyastra. Mag DK
    Evil Buu. Mag Sorc
    Super Evil Buu. Stam Sorc
    Carmala Jabspammer. Magplar
    Get some help. Stamplar
    Plebby Longstockings. Stamblade
    Nightbot. Magblade
    Unslaad Krosis. Magden
    Dirty lich. Magcro
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Also in the trailer the screen show the south direction toward the green light of the explosion
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    XomRhoK wrote: »

Everyone's reading too much into what is just supposed to be a cool looking cinematic shot. Neither the ESO or TESV shots correspond to a real place in either game.

I'm also not sure where "Whiteshore" is coming from. The Dawnstar hold is called The Pale.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • MaleAmazon
    MaleAmazon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm also not sure where "Whiteshore" is coming from. The Dawnstar hold is called The Pale.

It does say Whiteshore on the map ;) #nitpicky

But you are right.

But as long as we are reading stuff into the trailer, I think it is only the first animation that is 3D. The cinematic shot is parallax scrolled 2D, and the rivers do look samey (of course this could be simply due to them just reusing assets from Skyrim assuming that´s a thing, or similar). It´s a bit interesting to see the lightning flash at the far end of the shot though.

It could be just normal lightning, or... something more :p
    Edited by MaleAmazon on December 21, 2019 6:39AM
  • Gorguzkhalrwb17_ESO
    Looks like Winterhold to me.
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    remember that skyrim quest for vampire lord? we will be the bad guys who seal that sexy vampire with an elder scroll.
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    remember that skyrim quest for vampire lord? we will be the bad guys who seal that sexy vampire with an elder scroll.

She's already entombed by the time of ESO.
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

She is already in her coffin by this time for a few reason

1. Serena is surprise there is a human empire in cyrodill
    2. The dragon that guard the mother of serena in the soulcairn does so since the dragon ruled the sky of tamriel and were fighting for teritory

We do have dragon but they arent fighting for territoy nor do they rule the sky right now and anybody at the time of eso know there is an empire in cyrodill or at least know there was one before be it the first empire, the second or the smaller emperor of the interegnum
  • Mr_Arce88
    Mr_Arce88
    ✭✭✭
    I just hope it won't be vampires. I can't stand any more vamp related content :( Reachman are fine, falmer are hmmm - blackreach would be subterrain zone? Seems like people that received maps should make a high res scans of them as quality is rough is most of them.
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a shot in the dark here with regards to Falmer:
    5Hdu87U.jpg

falmer kinda look like feral vampires anyhow
    The Feral Falmers serving the snow elf Vyrthur (a vampire) have vampiric features, and some even have wings that look like the ones from vampire lords.
    5zL5tLS.jpgtumblr_mh86jflPrn1rit1pso2_1280.jpg

VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am unnerved by the amount of "Reachman Thirst" in this thread and definitely hope that the expansion has little to do with them as a primary faction.

For one, they are already way over-represented in the game, and secondly, we already know who and what they are: primitive, Daedra-worshiping thugs, no better than re-skinned bandits or human versions of Falmer.

It would also be a tremendous shame to waste Skyrim's expansion on tertiary groups such as the Reachmen or a Dawnguard reprise (or, even worse, Fallinesti!).

That said though, I am LOVING the Mannimarco x Galerion possibility and, apart from my own interest, believe that the "Lichdom" angle (e.g. the prominent urn/phylactery, Daedric script, undead themes to art and writings) best suits that premise (as Mannimarco is nothing if not the consumate lich).

It's also an evil rising to the gravity of a Chapter expansion plot in a way that Vampires or savage Bretons simply do not.
  • Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a shot in the dark here with regards to Falmer:
    5Hdu87U.jpg

Funny thing is they look like vampires too lmao
    Playing since January 23, 2016
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ESO map is wrong.

Windhelm should be further South. Winterhold should be where Windhelm presently is.

If you look at the Tamriel map, Eastmarch is encroaching on Morrowind territory with the final quest hub. Windhelm should be just West of that location.

Are ZOS going to fix this and shrink Eastmarch a bit? Or are they going to double down on this and place Winterhold in a location that Dawnstar should be?

Alternatively, they could just move Solthsteim up and add bit of a land mass above Eastmarch to place Winterhold on.
    Edited by richo262 on December 22, 2019 1:57AM
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow seven pages and no meme. Good job y’all.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    richo262 wrote: »
    The ESO map is wrong.

They might change it. They've changed the map before on multiple occasions. But they don't have to. It's also perfectly reasonable to place Winterhold a bit further west and explain it as geological change over time. That's not much of a stretch in a game with a history of ecological disasters (not to mention magic and other celestial forces that can change the landscape), including at Winterhold itself.
    Edited by Gnortranermara on December 22, 2019 2:23AM
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mr_Arce88 wrote: »
    I just hope it won't be vampires. I can't stand any more vamp related content :( Reachman are fine, falmer are hmmm - blackreach would be subterrain zone? Seems like people that received maps should make a high res scans of them as quality is rough is most of them.

Anymore vamp related content? LOL what do you mean? Vamps out of anything in ES lore aside from Falmer have very little representation in ESO.

A vampire chapter will happen eventually.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the translation of 'mortal' may be 'Morthal'.
  • NewbieOKS
    NewbieOKS
    ✭✭✭
    🤔
    https://signatur.eso-database.com/17868970/signatur.jpg
    ESO-Database provides statistics for Elder Scrolls Online characters and guilds. This information is collected by the ESO-Database Client and ESO Database AddOn https://www.eso-database.com/en/ Huge thanks to @Keldor for this amazing add-on