The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS sends out teaser for next chapter, please help decipher!

Faulgor
Faulgor
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Some content creators / streamer / whatever are apparently getting mail from ZOS, teasing the next chapter. We know the drill.

But I need some help deciphering apparently daedric text on a map.

Get on it, Lore-Cowboys!

Only thing I got so far is "DEATH IS NAUGHT BUT A ..." to the left of the urn.
Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Konstant_Tel_Necris
    Konstant_Tel_Necris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting what north mountain ridge is on map? Hjaalmarch?
    P9YjhaT.jpg
    uzCkKMg.jpg
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I see on that map is "No Spellcrafting again for you." :confused:
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I knew Gina Claus would have some surprise holiday gifts!

gina%2Bclaus%2B.png

Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    "DEATH IS NAUGHT BUT A ..." to the left of the urn.

The last 5 looks like SLEEP. I think: DEATH IS NAUGHT BUT A __T___ SLEEP

Missing 5 letters still. The 1st and 4th letters both look like F or H

XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FITFUL - Shoulda got that :s
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xWarbrain wrote: »
    FITFUL - Shoulda got that :s

You did great. This is just more group content :blush:

• cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vampire tomb. Volkihar clan confirmed!
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mountain range sorta reminds me of the mountains north and east of Falkreath. The Pale Pass is in that general vicinity isn't it? Dragonguard tie in with the original Akaviri (Tsaesci) invasion and Reman I's second empire?
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely looks like vampire stuff. Probably Auriel's bow will be there...
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on December 18, 2019 8:04PM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given what's been deciphered, are we leaning toward...
    • Vampire Lord (known or unknown - more likely a new one to avoid continuity issues)?
    • Draugr Lord, like a Dragon Priest, possible awakened by the events in Elsweyr (so I guess we have to stop her from awakening more dragons in Skyrim)?
    • A powerful Reachman witch-lord (new character? this would be nice if it involved some old stuff from the origin of the larger Reachmen culture and some of their ancient magic/gods that overlaps with other groups
    • Necromancer (known or unknown - but this is overkill on that theme unless it ties into some lore about weird/mysterious powerful individuals from Skyrim's/Tamriel's history)?
    • Some aspect of avatar of a (known or unknown) Daedric power? (sure, but would work best in conjunction with another of these bullets rather than a stand alone)
    • uncorrupted Falmer (who wants to bring back the Snow Elves via blah blah? don't see it fitting the evidence nor being the basis of so much content)
    • mechanically preserved Dwemer (who what? activates some apparatus like a Doomsday weapon as a final revenge against the children of the Nedes? same issues as Falmer)
    • Something else? Something really new?

The thing is, the green and yellow stuff are fine, but, only as a means to an end. Just saying, "Hey look, X!" is meh, especially for a year long story of theme. Hells, you could have an awakened Dragonpriest, a risen Reachmen Witch-Lord, and some fun tangents on Vampires all in 2020 as part of the larger theme/story. But, to what end? For example:

Chapter 0 - Orsinium: Great story and flesh out the Orsimer a bit
    Chapter 1 - Morrowind: Nostalgia and references to TES III, start the Daedric Triad story
    Chapter 2 - Summerset: Flesh out Altmer and conclude Daedric Triad Story, but also give some fun things for lore speculation
    Chapter 3 - Elsweyr: Flesh out Khajiit but also along with larger Year of the Dragon Story flesh out more lore that can tie together many things and set the stage for the future
    Chapter 4: ???

The Crystal Tower stuff with the Staff, the Azurah stuff and revelations about the lunar lattice and cycles that tie in with Yokudan mythology, the "What happened to Meridia?" question, etc. These gave a lot more than just some fun quests and sightseeing (though those things are great).

Here's to hoping we get clues and teases for things like the old Atmoran deities, Shor, etc., and possibly some revelations we weren't expecting.
    Edited by tinythinker on December 18, 2019 9:05PM

• Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My Pics:

X72fEAj.jpg

HhB6bfz.jpg?1

6r1YZ29.jpg?1

gU2JbPd.jpg?1

gWprfJL.jpg?1
    Edited by Dominoid on December 18, 2019 8:14PM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Something else?
    H U G E Nerf... :joy::D
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Death is naught but a fitful sleep"?

Vaermina?
    Edited by Tryxus on December 18, 2019 8:32PM
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm too stupid for this. Looks cool tho.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ??ke ???
    urns it bears
    the weak

maybe.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Shievarei
    Shievarei
    ✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    ??ke ???
    urns it bears
    the weak

maybe.

Like All
    Urns It Bears
    The Weak
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Inklings on December 18, 2019 9:12PM
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »
    My Pics:

X72fEAj.jpg

HhB6bfz.jpg?1

6r1YZ29.jpg?1

gU2JbPd.jpg?1

gWprfJL.jpg?1

As much as I don't want to admit it, that urn looks very Vampiric in origin.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That urn looks like a phylactery. They were mentioned in the elsweyr intro and main quest lines. Sounds like Lich issues.
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like there are more pieces to this puzzle starting to show up. People are getting different parchments it seems.

• MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thinking Lich Skill Line

eNXJi5HisbSaXtCFBgPnxfTIVdIev7amz7yTMtCbtcTBpoMnQ0t_iWpUk0OmV6119NaJWoNPg61d3oZZ0Uiy
  • Kingslayer513
    Kingslayer513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting major Lich vibes from that text and artwork.

Keep it up guys!
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Inklings wrote: »
    Looks like there are more pieces to this puzzle starting to show up. People are getting different parchments it seems.

That branchy thing looks like Reach stuff. Dark heart = briarheart?
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or the return of Manimarco in lich form.
  • DarkPicture
    DarkPicture
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morokei from labyrinthian? Or in general all dragon priests? (god bless no more dragon theme...)
    Edited by DarkPicture on December 18, 2019 9:37PM
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was told by a family member that someone only identifying themselves as Fed of the Ex guild has left something at my house while i was away at work. Ill be sure to post the packages contents as soon as i get home if they are different then whats already been posted.
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clearer photos up close of the daedric text would be helpful!

I see the word "TERROR", the last word to the left of the bottom right symbol on the new piece, but can't see the letters above clear enough.
    Edited by xWarbrain on December 18, 2019 10:00PM
    XB1 NA
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Purple monkey dishwasher.
    PS5 EU.
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh man, I have been seeing these posted all over Twitter and I got goosebumps lol

This is the type of marketing I love.