Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

ZOS sends out teaser for next chapter, please help decipher!

• ToniWinter
    ToniWinter
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the Reach awakening a Vampir Lord.
    The Year of Vampir.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Interesting what north mountain ridge is on map? Hjaalmarch?
    P9YjhaT.jpg
    uzCkKMg.jpg

Yes, I think that is Hjaalmarch area. The mountain range to the north has Labyrinthian and the area of that red marking is a pretty hilly area. The icon is in the place of Rannveig's Fast if I am not mistaken. Although they might not be using exact locations from Skyrim if they stay true Eastmarch and The Rift.
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Purple monkey dishwasher.

They are actually marketing a new Crown store item.
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    Interesting what north mountain ridge is on map? Hjaalmarch?
    P9YjhaT.jpg
    uzCkKMg.jpg

Yes, I think that is Hjaalmarch area. The mountain range to the north has Labyrinthian and the area of that red marking is a pretty hilly area. The icon is in the place of Rannveig's Fast if I am not mistaken. Although they might not be using exact locations from Skyrim if they stay true Eastmarch and The Rift.

Inside of Rannveig's Fast is the word wall for Kynes Peace. hmmmm
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also that link shared from Elder Memes, that red marking on his map is most surely where Labyrinthian is. (or should be)
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NEED MOAR
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cyclonus11 wrote: »
    NEED MOAR

The package i got was the same as a few others. No new info to decipher yet.

• OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Has anyone translated the daedric language in Elder Memes pics?
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone translated the daedric language in Elder Memes pics?

I have tried but need a much better picture of it.
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    "Death is naught but a fitful sleep"?

Vaermina?

That's what I was thinking. Maybe more adventures around the skull of corruption?
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reach magic it is. Suck it vampire fanboys,

Kinda interested now, because if I'm not mistaken, Reach magic is ancient, pre-dating most other forms of magic on Tamriel.
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hermaeus Mora likes urns, urns with brains in
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting cringy premonitions of ESO: Year of Twilight, featuring a Dawnguard faction (for the uninfected only!) locked in a 3-way battle vs Reach-based werewolves and a Vampire Lord cult (potentially Falmer-related). Potentially a new PvP mode?
    Edited by Gnortranermara on December 20, 2019 7:01PM
  • Unseelie
    Unseelie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Totally jealous of those that received these. Looks great so far.
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looks like reach imagery for sure. That zone is so tightly spaced in tesV with a ton of vertical dimension. But there is a dragonguard sanctuary nearby as well as plenty of dwemer ruins. Maybe that grappling bow will be of use again😉
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the bottom portion of the elder meme thing I translated roughly ".....is kept"
  • angelofpayn
    angelofpayn
    Soul Shriven
    In order to finally fix issues with Activity Finder and rid PVP of all lag next year, all graphics will be scrapped and the game will be converted to a text adventure!!
  • Unseelie
    Unseelie
    ✭✭✭✭
    In order to finally fix issues with Activity Finder and rid PVP of all lag next year, all graphics will be scrapped and the game will be converted to a text adventure!!

I won't lie, I used to love me some text based MUDs but not like this
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The elder meme one is flipped horizontally -- you can clearly tell from which side of the m is longer. The others may be as well, not sure. I flipped the elder meme one and the letters became a little more recognizable, but even with the contrast dialled up it's just too hard to figure out which heap of pixels is which. :( I got the word 'then' and 'both' for sure, maybe a your or something.
    Edit: I don' wanna mislead anyone and I'm unsure the more I look at it, but the writing really does seem mirrored to me.... Not only does the M fit, but it also makes the letter E very promimently used. If not mirrored, all of those would be a B, but it doesn't look like a B. It looks like a flipped E.

Edit: Here's what I've gotten from the flipped version
    flipped.png
    Edited by Raisin on December 19, 2019 1:30AM
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    99.9% sure that last word is harvest. Has to be. My instinct would fill it in as "May there be a great/grey harvest" but the letters don't support it.

flipped.png

Edited by Raisin on December 19, 2019 1:42AM
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raisin wrote: »
    99.9% sure that last word is harvest. Has to be.

flipped.png

yea i got harvest for the last word lol

• OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Okay I was able to save the image from Elder Memes page and blow it up. I flipped it like @Raisin suggested but idk if I am even close to a translation. I am not even close to an expert but here is what I got: "RED THEM FROM BOUGHS BOTH GNARLED AND BLACK"

I didn't do the very bottom yet.
    Edited by OtarTheMad on December 19, 2019 1:46AM
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Okay I was able to save the image from Elder Memes page and blow it up. I flipped it like @Raisin suggested but idk if I am even close to a translation. I am not even close to an expert but here is what I got: "RED THEM FROM BOUGHS BOTH GNARLED AND BLACK"

I'm not sure about Red, but the rest of the sentence I believe is spot on. Great eyes on you.

Edit: What if 3rd and 4th leater are squashed together and the first word is "Reap"?

Edit edit: I also think reap is the word in the bottom sentence. Reap a grey harvest? Although it just does not look like a Y to me...
    Edited by Raisin on December 19, 2019 1:54AM
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm not sure about Red, but the rest of the sentence I believe is spot on. Great eyes on you.

Edit: What if 3rd and 4th leater are squashed together and the first word is "Reap"?

Yeah red didn't make sense to me either. Reap kind of fits. I am trying to do the last part but it makes no sense what I have so far.

"MA THE REAP A GREAT HARVEST"

First two words make no sense
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yeah red didn't make sense to me either. Reap kind of fits. I am trying to do the last part but it makes no sense what I have so far.

That's pretty much the way I've been reading it. Especially the Ma is just...weird. The M is just so damn obvious, and I can't think of that many two letter words with M. There's also just straight up no 5 letters in the second to last word, even though intuition says great.With a few added Ys, we get 'may they', which makes so much more sense.
    Edited by Raisin on December 19, 2019 2:01AM
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

On the REd part I put an L so mine reads Led them both...
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That's pretty much the way I've been reading it. Especially the Ma is just...weird. The M is just so damn obvious, and I can't think of that many two letter words with M. There's also just straight up no 5 letters in the second to last word, even though intuition says great.With a few added Ys, we get 'may they', which makes so much more sense.

Yeah, I saw "GRE" the last symbol looks like either an A, L, or maybe Y (if he was a sloppy writer). Y seems to fit in term of making a real word but idk
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Fits perfectly imo. Nice catch.
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It does look more like an L, you're right. Makes a little less sense, but still a coherent sentence.

Yeah, I saw "GRE" the last symbol looks like either an A, L, or maybe Y (if he was a sloppy writer). Y seems to fit in term of making a real word but idk

I also considered that it might be a T, but yeah grey is the only word I can come up with.
    Edited by Raisin on December 19, 2019 2:10AM
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yeah same I keep seeing an A here lol