Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Random temporary FPS drops since update 24.

Sarousse
Sarousse
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm posting my specs but it's happening to everyone in my guild

I7 4770k
Nvidia 2080 Ti
1 Gb SSD
32 Gb RAM

I've tried with and without addons, tried several graphic parameters, and still it's happening.

Since update 24, the FPS severely goes down for more than 50% during like 3-4 seconds then goes up again. It can happen anywhere in any conditions (with players or no players around).

The only thing I can tell about it is that it happens when I'm moving.

Here's a video about it :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wdmyi9nCac

I'm going down from 120 to 55 in the middle of nowhere then going back up to 120. The graphic card's frequency goes down from 1920 to 1400, that means that it has less graphic work to do during those seconds.

We badly need a fix on this.

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Sarousse

Could you post your full system information here?

You can create a DxDiag report in order to obtain these details. You can also go through the troubleshooting steps listed in this thread that may help in improving your fps.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_BillE , I will provide my DXDIAG but as I've stated it's happening to EVERYONE on PC. I can reproduce it on my 3 computers at home. It's also happening to all my guildies.

Here it is : https://1drv.ms/t/s!AgBo6QeAzeznjKsVtC_TIfdVk4Bmhg?e=vbxl8g

I don't need FPS improvement. My FPS is high enough. I need the game to stop its recuring FPS drops. It's not related to me but to every player since the dragonhold update. I've given all the needed details in my previous post.

I cannot believe that developers aren't aware of this, you just have to play one minute in game and move. It's so easy to reproduce.

I have provided a video, I can provide many more.

• InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, haven't talked to anyone who doesn't have this issue. Besides, it isn't "that" bad in your video. I mean 50 FPS is still considered playable. I drop regularly down to 10 FPS.
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Sarousse

Thank you for posting a link to your PC specifications. After looking over the DxDiag report, I've noticed you're PC has both a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti and an Intel HD Graphics 4600 chip. Please check your Nvidia settings to make sure your PC is utilizing the RTX 2080 and not defaulting to the HD graphics chip.
    Staff Post
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, am I talking to a bot ?

Yes, I am using my 2080Ti. You cannot get 120+ FPS with a 4600 HD graphics with that level of details. Nothing is plugged on my 4600HD. My monitor is directly plugged on my 2080Ti.

So I'm repeating it again : it is happening to EVERYONE in game.

Are devs aware of this problem ? Is there any plan to fix it ?
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been going on since summerset..
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Sarousse

Since this is happening to multiple players in your guild and not just yourself, you should open a bug report ticket if you haven't done so already. Instructions for bug reporting can be found here.
    Staff Post
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As said its something almost all experienced, since the last update.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Done.
    3iyzqpwqexnf.jpg
    Edited by Sarousse on November 1, 2019 10:57AM