The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Various Issues, FPS, Lag, Bump Off, Log In

Wildberryjack
Wildberryjack
✭✭✭✭✭
I keep getting bumped off the game and it takes several tries to get logged back in. And now my FPS is fluctuating between 20-45 when it's usually 60. This started after the patch but it's gotten much worst this afternoon. My latency is also higher, about half again normal. What's going on?
The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Highlor3
    Highlor3
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm having disconnections today, and takes ages to go back in. Even the Launcher can become slow to show images & buttons.
    [PC-NA] CP 1400+ The Conquest of Tamriel, UESP & Taverna do Mestre
    The Scientia Consortium:
    • Rodbertus Quercus, Imperial, Dragonknight [EP]
    • Robert Bethencourt, Breton, Templar [DC]
    • Karlindah Telvanni, Dunmer, Sorcerer [AD]
    • Hejthuxis (former Raises-Her-Rear), Argonian, Nightblade [EP]
    • Limeril Bravewind, Altmer, Warden [AD]
    • Isilarelen, Dunmer, Dragonknight [EP]
    • Elindael, Bosmer, Warden [AD]
    • Hrodberaht Bright-Fame, "Nordguard", Warden [EP]
    • Ra'Kham, Khajiit, Nightblade [DC]
    • Brazilia gra-Bagol, Orsimer, Dragonknight [EP]
    • Nirrah al-Hegathe, Redguard, Necromancer [DC]
    • Theodora Quercus, Imperial, Templar [DC]
    • Cuddles-In-The-Water, Argonian, Templar [EP]
    • Cainneach the Pale, Reachman, Necromancer [AD]
    • Dughlas af-Fearley, Redguard, Sorcerer [DC]
    • Roze Cloturier, Breton, Arcanist [AD]
    • Alvyrspic the Remnant, Nord, Arcanist [DC]
    [PC-EU] No CP THE CAPS ARMY
    • Adaltos Indoril, Dunmer, Templar [EP]
    • Geralt of Evermore, Breton, Nightblade [DC]
    • Feainneweedd, Altmer, Sorcerer [AD]
    • Robert Cloturier-Baudiae, Breton, Arcanist [DC]
    • M'ahnurr the Elusive, Khajiit, Arcanist [AD]
  • cani145
    cani145
    My latency is high also. Normaly i got 70 ping, atm i am having +180 ping all time
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting an immediate FPS drop when going inside any building or into a town, even if no other players are around, then it fluctuates wildly. Load screens can take several minutes. I've been bumped off the game three or four times this morning and afternoon, and one time it seemed to do a roll back. I'd completed a quest in an instanced area and left, picked up the next quest and moved on. When I logged in I was back in the instanced quest that I'd already done and turned in and left.
    Edited by Wildberryjack on February 14, 2018 10:37PM
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If you are having issues with high ping or latency in game, you should try the troubleshooting listed in this thread.

If you are having issues with performance, you can go through the troubleshooting in this help article.

If none of the above help with your issue, please contact customer support for more assistance.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • SinNoAria
    SinNoAria
    ✭✭
    The issues started for me after Update 17 hit.
  • Faylis
    Faylis
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    If you are having issues with high ping or latency in game, you should try the troubleshooting listed in this thread.

If you are having issues with performance, you can go through the troubleshooting in this help article.

If none of the above help with your issue, please contact customer support for more assistance.

How about you guys go through the troubleshooting steps found above. This is not on our end. My latency is normally around 60, last night it was between 300-400. Fix your ***, and cool it with the "did you try restarting your client" 1st grade tech support.
    Edited by Faylis on February 15, 2018 4:55PM
  • lunelune
    lunelune
    Soul Shriven
    *Sigh* I do wish that tech support would take things like these more serious and not either put a bot to answer it (I remember back in the day when they promised that the support team weren't bots. Yet 1 quick message to the support team proved that it was since I stated very specificly I had done the things that the guide told me to do, yet it wasn't resolved) and on my next ticket it said the same thing even though I said.

I used to run this at ultra high at around 80+ fps at worst while levelling. 60+ in the city and 40-50 in cyrodiil. After the patch my FPS jumps like there's no *** tomorrow between 67 by just turning a bit to the left or walking 20 meters to 90 a second later.
    In cities it's even worse with an average of 50 at best. Worse at 30. Even when LEAVING the city I get huge blows to my fps that makes it constantly jump between around 40 to 70 for a solid 5 seconds.

I have never had an addon in my game. Yes I tried repairing it. Yes I checked my drivers AND I even reinstalled my whole game. I did everything on that list and got no boost in FPS. The only thing I could do is switch to high put everything but shadows to max and set my view distance to 70 and BOOM. I got my old fps back.

Please Zenimax. If you read this...Make the next patch an optimization patch. Since you guys clearly didn't optimize this patch.
    Edited by lunelune on February 15, 2018 5:55PM
  • SinNoAria
    SinNoAria
    ✭✭
    lunelune wrote: »

Please Zenimax. If you read this...Make the next patch an optimization patch. Since you guys clearly didn't optimize this patch.

This.

I don't have spectacular FPS, but this patch dropped my FPS to about 12 during battle from my normal 30~45 during battle.

And the latency isn't helping as it has spiked since U17.
    Edited by SinNoAria on February 15, 2018 7:59PM
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried all their troubleshooting tips, shut off all addons, nothing made a difference.
  • SinNoAria
    SinNoAria
    ✭✭
    I had to manually mess with the settings file directly to fix some of the FPS issues. It isn't the best solution, but it is a bandaid fix until they decide to optimize their game. My game is back to 45 in battle and 90 outside battle, but in exchange, the game is very bland.
    Edited by SinNoAria on February 17, 2018 8:21AM
  • cairo_x
    cairo_x
    ✭✭✭
    I am also having PERFORMANCE issue since the last update. Please, help me to fix it! Lowering my settings make the game impossible to play. It looks terribly ugly and my configuration was working so good before the update! And I have the requirements to play this game. This is so frustrating....
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    all the above and then some.

needs sorted, badly.
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lylith wrote: »
    all the above and then some.

needs sorted, badly.

update.

now i can't even get to the character screen.

'booted from server.'

what the actual ***, zos?
  • cairo_x
    cairo_x
    ✭✭✭
    cairo_x wrote: »
    I am also having PERFORMANCE issue since the last update. Please, help me to fix it! Lowering my settings make the game impossible to play. It looks terribly ugly and my configuration was working so good before the update! And I have the requirements to play this game. This is so frustrating....

It seems after updating my Nvidia drivers, checking some 3D stuff here and there, poking my nose, scratching my ass and activating Vertical Sync helped the issue.
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_BillE do you think you could update those tech support pages to not have black font on dark background? I know it's easy to just highlight the text to show, but the first impression is 4 dots with no text.
    X4wTTDR.png

Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Highlor3
    Highlor3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Steam client is taking long to load info & button, when log in, it's taking long to load character/zone. Also getting disconnected to login screen.
    [PC-NA] CP 1400+ The Conquest of Tamriel, UESP & Taverna do Mestre
    The Scientia Consortium:
    • Rodbertus Quercus, Imperial, Dragonknight [EP]
    • Robert Bethencourt, Breton, Templar [DC]
    • Karlindah Telvanni, Dunmer, Sorcerer [AD]
    • Hejthuxis (former Raises-Her-Rear), Argonian, Nightblade [EP]
    • Limeril Bravewind, Altmer, Warden [AD]
    • Isilarelen, Dunmer, Dragonknight [EP]
    • Elindael, Bosmer, Warden [AD]
    • Hrodberaht Bright-Fame, "Nordguard", Warden [EP]
    • Ra'Kham, Khajiit, Nightblade [DC]
    • Brazilia gra-Bagol, Orsimer, Dragonknight [EP]
    • Nirrah al-Hegathe, Redguard, Necromancer [DC]
    • Theodora Quercus, Imperial, Templar [DC]
    • Cuddles-In-The-Water, Argonian, Templar [EP]
    • Cainneach the Pale, Reachman, Necromancer [AD]
    • Dughlas af-Fearley, Redguard, Sorcerer [DC]
    • Roze Cloturier, Breton, Arcanist [AD]
    • Alvyrspic the Remnant, Nord, Arcanist [DC]
    [PC-EU] No CP THE CAPS ARMY
    • Adaltos Indoril, Dunmer, Templar [EP]
    • Geralt of Evermore, Breton, Nightblade [DC]
    • Feainneweedd, Altmer, Sorcerer [AD]
    • Robert Cloturier-Baudiae, Breton, Arcanist [DC]
    • M'ahnurr the Elusive, Khajiit, Arcanist [AD]
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, my computer is now running a solid 60 degrees hotter playing this game over WoW, GW2, and FF. What's going on here? It wasn't like this before. I've backed up settings as far as I can without the game looking like garbage. It's pulling an average of 86% GPU usage. I had a thermal shutdown a bit ago because it went over 200 degrees. It's been running hotter since the patch before last but this last one really screwed things up now. This is a MSI gaming laptop, it's not junk.
  • Nutshotz
    Nutshotz
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not you guys. It's not your rigs it's not your internet. It's zos's *** up hardware and the grade A devs that they have are competent on fixing or producing patches.

I've got an i7 and an i9 both can not run this game what so ever on a 1g fiber connection.

Yet I can hop over to other games and have flawless connection and fps. When this game has been out for 4 years and the gamers are the ones coming out with fixes and zos just sits back and says working as intended or reset your router should show you that the gamers are smarter and more advanced then zos.

In do time zos with be kicking themselves in the ass when 80% of there player base leaves for other games from pve and pvp cus they can't fix *** and keep breaking *** after each patch
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My understanding is this game is supposed to be light on the GPU but mine fluctuates between 75% to 94% while playing. Also when playing other games my core temp averages 135 degrees but playing ESO now it averages 198 degrees and I've had several thermal shutdowns as it went over 200 degrees. My latency was around 90 when I started playing 7 months ago but now it's around 150 with constant spikes over 400 and often it says 999+. And I live two hours from the NA servers. I'm getting bumped off constantly now, those massive lag spikes, and my FPS which held pretty steady at 60 will now drop to 8-45 for no reason that I can see. If I go in a town, FPS drops, no other players around, FPS still drops, go in my houses, FPS drops, go in a building in a town, FPS drops even more.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Lylith

Customer support is awaiting your response on ticket 180217-001881 to the last email that was sent.

@Idinuse

Thank you for pointing this issue out. We will have someone look into this and get the font color corrected.
    Staff Post
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normally my ping in under 140 and my fps between 40 and 60. But since maintenance today it's been 150 or over with random spikes and my fps is halved, especially in cities and areas with other players. The eye strain from the terrible fps is not good for those of us with sensory hypersensitivities and are inclined to get migraines.

In my house it's not so bad. Too bad i can't do everything in my house.

Adjusted my video settings. No change.

Not my internet. Everything else is streaming/connecting fine. It's just ESO.

I have guild events scheduled for this week and am worried I won't be about to participate because of this terrible fps, and that after a week of not doing much besides leveling up a baby sorc because my NBs were broke from Update 17 bugs. If it weren't for the fact they seemed to have fixed the bugs that broke my NBs, I would have canceled my sub today. It renews on the 23th so I have a couple more day to change my mind about this.
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lylith

Customer support is awaiting your response on ticket 180217-001881 to the last email that was sent.

@Idinuse

Thank you for pointing this issue out. We will have someone look into this and get the font color corrected.

thank you for getting back to me, and to c/s (to whom i also replied).

from my end it seems like my client got desynced somehow as i had to reverify a machine i've been using for eso for years.

no problems since. <knocks wood>
  • Glass
    Glass
    ✭✭✭
    Reading what everyone is saying I understand that seems to be a problem with the new patch however I see everyone still running trials and youtube videos with the game running smoothly or at least playable but for me all of this is impossible, I average 25 frames for the most, maybe going in the middle of nowhere I get to 50-60 frames sometimes, but in a trial I can't pass 15 frames and getting as low as 2-5 fps, in vhof 4th boss for example on the burn phases I need to wait for this to be over so I can get back in the game.
    Like I said in another thread, I did several benchmarks on other games like assassin's creed origins, Shadow of War, Nier Automata and others and most of them getting an average of 70fps.
    I disabled all addons, I tried modifying some ini files, I made a custom 3d setting with Nvidia just for ESO, I put the game in the lowest resolution possible (640x480, Runescape mode) and nothing seems to work.
  • eirinnpryderi
    eirinnpryderi
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry but @ZOS_BillE none of those help with current issues, for me they started with the patch of this monday, after it got chipped audio, frame skips, unstable latency and much more, since today I cant even log in via Steam, I could run it from ESO64.EXE but that would disable the ESO Plus because of Steam Acc link
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Glass and @eirinnpryderi

If you've already run through the basic troubleshooting suggested and still have issues, you should go ahead and start a ticket with customer support. When doing so, make sure to include a game consultant so support can investigate possible causes for your performance problems.
    Staff Post
  • lunelune
    lunelune
    Soul Shriven
    I thought you guys would be looking into it due to most of these reports coming in after patch 3.3.5 :/