The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Multi-bidding so far - GM & Officers how is it for you?

• daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've said this a number of times before and will keep saying it: player economy in ESO is a fleeting afterthought at best. Most players never open a guild store, let alone belong to a trading guild. It's quite easy to be self-sufficient in terms of creating and improving gear, and making food and potions. The motif and furniture end-game is only played by a few, and even then the market is subject to the yearly disruption of a jubilee event that brings prices crashing down. I don't expect ZOS dedicate much time to making the in-game economy healthy, and wouldn't expect many changes to the status quo.
    Edited by daemonios on April 28, 2020 12:57PM
    Options
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cani wrote: »
    Tyralbin wrote: »
    One thing I think should be changed back is the trader swap time.

There is no need for it to be prime time anymore as bids are placed in advance and there are no more free traders anymore.

Having it at prime time causes may lag issues.

Please ZOS consider moving it back to early mornings so the lag won't affect the game as much.

If i recall correctly, they mentioned it that they move it after the fiasko that was the first week on PCEU :smiley:
    Heard nothing since then^^

No, Gina said that it was an option they were looking at if problems continued. There was no stated "We will be changing it".

As for me, a trading guild GM on PS4 NA, I was incredibly apprehensive about multi-bidding, but I absolutely love it. Knowing it was coming, I was able to rally the troops for an extra month of donations/fundraising before the update dropped in order to build a nest egg for backup bids. And it worked beautifully. I only missed having a trader one week (second or third week into multi-bidding) - otherwise, it's largely been a question of which trader we will win, not if we will win at all. As long as I continue to bid responsibly and keep the nest egg relatively at the same level (i.e. don't spend grossly more than you bring in weekly), we should be all right.

The bonus is now that the dues-charging guilds can place backups instead of flooding our server with their 8 million ghost guilds, other guilds actually *gasp* *shock* have a chance at winning traders now. It's been lovely to see smaller or new guilds popping up now that our plague of ghosts is gone. I recognize that was a pretty unique problem on our server (nobody else nearly complained about the number of ghost guilds they had compared to PS4 NA). It feels... healthier overall on our server now.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
    Options
  • JN_Slevin
    JN_Slevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »
    I've said this a number of times before and will keep saying it: player economy in ESO is a fleeting afterthought at best. Most players never open a guild store, let alone belong to a trading guild. It's quite easy to be self-sufficient in terms of creating and improving gear, and making food and potions. The motif and furniture end-game is only played by a few, and even then the market is subject to the yearly disruption of a jubilee evening that brings prices crashing down. I don't expect ZOS dedicate much time to making the in-game economy healthy, and wouldn't expect many changes to the status quo.

Where is this notion coming from? Why does everybody seem to know that "Most players never open a guild store"?

There is no way it gets ignored by 80% of the players. I do feel like there are lots of casuals in this game. But i don't understand why its a given that only 2% of the playerbase engage in the economy...
    Noone here has numbers on those things..

There is no need for it to be prime time anymore as bids are placed in advance and there are no more free traders anymore.

Having it at prime time causes may lag issues.

Please ZOS consider moving it back to early mornings so the lag won't affect the game as much.

If i recall correctly, they mentioned it that they move it after the fiasko that was the first week on PCEU :smiley:
    Heard nothing since then^^

No, Gina said that it was an option they were looking at if problems continued. There was no stated "We will be changing it".

As for me, a trading guild GM on PS4 NA, I was incredibly apprehensive about multi-bidding, but I absolutely love it. Knowing it was coming, I was able to rally the troops for an extra month of donations/fundraising before the update dropped in order to build a nest egg for backup bids. And it worked beautifully. I only missed having a trader one week (second or third week into multi-bidding) - otherwise, it's largely been a question of which trader we will win, not if we will win at all. As long as I continue to bid responsibly and keep the nest egg relatively at the same level (i.e. don't spend grossly more than you bring in weekly), we should be all right.

The bonus is now that the dues-charging guilds can place backups instead of flooding our server with their 8 million ghost guilds, other guilds actually *gasp* *shock* have a chance at winning traders now. It's been lovely to see smaller or new guilds popping up now that our plague of ghosts is gone. I recognize that was a pretty unique problem on our server (nobody else nearly complained about the number of ghost guilds they had compared to PS4 NA). It feels... healthier overall on our server now.

Great to hear that it helped you guys! I think most agree that this was a problem ZOS had to deal with.

If i may ask did your bids change? Are ghostguilds completely gone now? I've heard the toxic GM community was a problem there too, are those people still doing things? Really intrested ^^
    Edited by JN_Slevin on April 28, 2020 11:47AM
    Work hard, and you will be rewarded. Spend wisely, and you will be comfortable. Never steal, or you will be punished.
    Options
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great to hear that it helped you guys! I think most agree that this was a problem ZOS had to deal with.

If i may ask did your bids change? Are ghostguilds completely gone now? I've heard the toxic GM community was a problem there too, are those people still doing things? Really intrested ^^

My bids have not changed. I also don't shoot for capitals either, though. I let the Mafia and the Ex-Mafia (those who broke from the Mafia, disgruntled by their ways) fight their heavyweight battles for those. My guild and I are happy to be in good cities that don't cost obscene amounts of gold for the ability to proclaim "we're a capital trader".

Ghost guilds can still be done and every great now and again I see one, which is still weird since it's literally throwing your money away (since you cannot "sell" it to a guild with no trader and make the switch by dissolving the ghost). But one every few weeks is far and away better than 15-20 every Sunday night consistently.

As far as the toxic GM community, I assume it's still there since all the same big players are still around doing their same thing (minus the ghosts), and because a group of GMs broke their guilds off from it because of that toxicity. But I largely avoid all that drama. I was never part of the Mafia, never intend to be a part of the Mafia, so they can continue to go off and do whatever it is that they do and enjoy their capitals... so long as they continue to leave me the heck alone. They do their thing, I do mine. I'm far less concerned with what they're up to now that they are no longer screwing the entire server over with a proliferation of ghost guilds.

PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
    Options
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Having it at prime time causes many lag issues.

Please please no

GM's will stil feel the need to stay up for the flip
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
    Options
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing that multi-bidding has demonstrated to me is that ZOS have zero interest in the opinions and thoughts of their players when it comes to trading. Clearly demonstrated by their complete disregard for engaging with the trading community, even to the point of asking us how it's going. They really don't care that bids have gone up and several guilds have folded. They just don't care.

Communication goes both ways is not in the business model.
    Edited by martinhpb16_ESO on April 28, 2020 2:14PM
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
    Options
  • girlpoison
    girlpoison
    ✭✭✭
    As a GM of two PC/NA trade guilds, I heavily opposed the idea, disliked it at implementation, and that still holds true.

From what I saw discussed prior to the system launching, most GMs didn't want this, and we tried to reason that 10 bids was (and still is) far too many. As this feature has been extremely successful in providing the largest gold sink this game has ever seen, I doubt it's going away any time soon, but I would like to see the number of bids each guild gets per week reduced to 3, possibly 5 at the most.
    PC/NA @Scarlett - GM of East Empire Trading Co & West Empire Trading Co
    Options
  • PrimusNephilim
    PrimusNephilim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I don't understand why a guild has to reach 50 active members to unlock a trader, lower to 10 and open more trading locations or add a "trading market area" something like where you would go to a flee market kinda of area. The more traders you have, the more competition we would have and be done with this over priced market we currently under siege with. And no, I'm not asking for (nor do I want) a central auction hall.

But this is a very low (if at all) priority for ZOS, we're just stuck with this crap for now.

~ Cheers
    Options
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's funny that this thread got bumped so recently as I just found out one of my trading guilds is raising its rates and I thought of this topic.

I don't play enough to rapidly and easily make lots of gold. It is a slow slog for me. I'm in that sweet spot where I make enough that I am not taking up a spot that should be used for someone else but it is impossible for me to regularly reach my dues in sales taxes. I am not sure with the new hike that it will still be cost effective for me to stay in my guild.

So as a player/trader I can confirm that this change is still creating disruptive and undesirable changes in my game life.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
    Options
  • thaexistence
    thaexistence
    Soul Shriven
    I'd just like a way to compare prices on PS4. There is not a reliable way to gather data besides manual entry.
    Options
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    It also has increased other problems, for instance since 2-4 Weeks we have to wait 15 Minutes for our traders to swap.

Wasn't that part of a fix for traders not swapping at all? Waiting 15 minutes is annoying, but far better than guilds not getting traders they paid for.

sssht. thats not been a fix, but a workaround. u know what would be the best fix? if zos had stable servers.cant believe people seem to consider this a "fix" or a working solution.
    I_am_Groot wrote: »
    Personally, I don't understand why a guild has to reach 50 active members to unlock a trader, lower to 10 and open more trading locations or add a "trading market area" something like where you would go to a flee market kinda of area. The more traders you have, the more competition we would have and be done with this over priced market we currently under siege with. And no, I'm not asking for (nor do I want) a central auction hall.

But this is a very low (if at all) priority for ZOS, we're just stuck with this crap for now.

~ Cheers

hooray for trollies.

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

Options
  • rotten333
    rotten333
    ✭✭
    This old thread is the closest one I could find that addresses similar issues that our guild is experiencing. The new adjustments in the handover time is also the reason I want to find out more on what trading guilds are expecting now that this multi bidding system has been in place for some time.

I know inside the thread people were reporting that bid prices were up back at the beginning, but noting an increase in general, the last two months has seen a huge jump. I am now bidding around 4X the amounts on the main bid and getting shut out by equally desperate guilds to secure a spot.

eg; I was winning bids at around 4-700k in remote locations. My last bids were 1600000 and a second 1000000 failed. 4 weeks failing while increasing the bids outside of towns and in Thief dens only.

I check the stock on the target and when I see one that is exceptionally low I target that location. When I place the bids and lose I can only think that there are larger guilds with additional satellite affiliates that pump the location with funding just to keep smaller guilds like ours out. I am probably wrong and at this point rumor is more powerful than fact. Something is Rotten in Denmark.

I am losing members weekly and am for the first time thinking that its just not worth my time to pump loyal members for cash in this harsh environment. I may need a clue or a hint from someone who has gone through this.
    Options