The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ZOS, do you actually care anymore?

xMovingTarget
xMovingTarget
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Ever since elsweyr release, it seems that ZOS does not care about eso anymore.

Elsweyr got release with 90% of the bugs reported during the PTS cycle, 1 month later barely anything has been done to fix these bugs/issues.
The EU server is in the worst state since release. Necro still broken, Sunspire still broken(bosses hitboxes. skills not able to hit the boss).

What are you doing all day in the office ZOS? Paying customers expect you work on bugs, fixes, increase performance.
At this point it starts to feel like the money we all spend on eso is taken straight into this mobile game nobody cares about and whatever else you have going on. You sell things in the crownstore for ridiculous prices, which alot of people pay. Where is that money? Why is not being put back into ESO? Why dont you hire more people if your team is so "small".
There is probably alot more to add. But this is what I have on my mind. Discuss.

I am really upset at this point.
Edited by xMovingTarget on June 17, 2019 10:30AM
  • Svenja
    Svenja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I find most interesting is the fact that ZOS states that they fixed bug X in the patchnotes, but when you log into the game, said bug is in fact NOT fixed, but still there.

Best example for that are the broken conal AoEs. This was "fixed" last week if you actually believe the patch notes. Mobs in game haven't heard about that fix, Archers in Blackrose Prison still do beautiful 300° arrow sprays, ice atronachs in the Lokkestiiz-Fight in sunspire still oneshot players who are way out of the telegraphed cone.
    Nothing has changed.
    Fixed an issue where some monsters that were supposed to be locked in place would instead turn to face your character. This fixes many gameplay issues, particularly with cone and Area of Effect based attacks, most evident in Trials but found throughout the world.

This, combined with the very, VERY poor server performance on PC EU, annoys me so much, I can't even find words for it anymore.
    PC | EU

Svea Rochaud | Templar Healer | AD
    Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror - Immortal Redeemer - Tick-Tock-Tormentor - Gryphon Heart - Spirit Slayer
  • Mady
    Mady
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you mean? Crown store is working ipc56DB.png
    Edited by Mady on June 17, 2019 10:56AM
    Discord HypeSquad Member
    Official AlcastHQ Discord Server: discord.gg/alcasthq
    Feel free to join!
    Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ohh yea, I remember @Svenja

Just like the warrior in Hel Ra telegraphs and animates to the right, but he actually does his stuff to the left, killing everyone. Yea.
    So glad ZoS is working so hard to fix bugs
    ^SARCASM.jpg
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You sell things in the crownstore for ridiculous prices, which alot of people pay. Where is that money?
    Board members, shareholders, investors. :tongue:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    You sell things in the crownstore for ridiculous prices, which alot of people pay. Where is that money?

If those are more important than your customers that actually keep the lights on, I dont know what to say. The world has became a sad place.
    Remember when the games were made for gamers?
    Edited by xMovingTarget on June 17, 2019 10:45AM
  • menschikov2
    menschikov2
    ✭✭✭
    They have too much to do with their new upcoming games which are in a critical stage now i think. There are multiple hints that we will see some large new anouncements in the next months About new products from ZOS.(how you can see for example also in the Patchnotes today with the new TOS). They are also hiering new Community-Managers and so on for upcoming games so i think we will hear something About this perhaps at Gamescom or so.
  • LoreToo
    LoreToo
    ✭✭✭
    Reason to write "5(lol, more) reasons to leave ESO right now"
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If those are more important than your customers that actually keep the lights on, I dont know what to say. The world has became a sad place.
    Welcome to Corporate America (and other participating countries).

Remember as well that it's only the corporate/publisher side which doesn't care about you. Generally most of the developer staff actually love the game and their community.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You misunderstand. THEY are the costumers not us. Players will get a mere minimum while investors dont even accept a steady growth
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Money can't buy me love, but love can't buy me food, so things are not that simple
    PC EU

Khajiit has no time for you
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Welcome to Corporate America (and other participating countries).

Remember as well that it's only the corporate/publisher side which doesn't care about you. Generally most of the developer staff actually love the game and their community.

I dont blame the devs or community managers. They just do their job. Working on whatever they get told to work on. I know they probably would rather fix things.
    Sadly the people in charge only see profits in their pockets. That is the issue in the gaming market.

It is no excuse for giving us such a product though. I already stopped buying any games that have EA stamped on it. Even if it is just a very small stamp.

new patch, first thing you see after logging in.
    8b12540d9c13f4d678bc54052dfe59f2.png

It is a meme at this point.
    Edited by xMovingTarget on June 17, 2019 10:58AM
  • solasub
    solasub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I absolutely "plus" ; for a pve group atm, each run is becoming an absolute rng bet ; you cannot go for achievement, you cannot go for score because what is the point! All can be messed up by a sudden weird telegraph, a crash, no working skills, boss acting weird etc etc ; I have a player who saw his necro stuck in blocking bug for 2 days! So he didn't bring the character what the team needed, only the one he could play atm. And all those people off course spent a lot of money for Iron dummy, race token, buying Elsweyr etc etc.
    Even solo content is affected : one friend ran a nightmare Maelstrom with adds and boss who were in fact at 10 or 15 m from where they were appearing to be (so, immune on their visible position, but still hitting and damaging...) . What is this mess????
    This game is just unplayable ; what can we do, except wait in our expensive houses or pass the time by gathering columbines? PvP is broken, PvE group is broken, PvE solo is broken. And yes, still ZERO reaction or excuses. I know a lot of people just disgusted about that and who are wanting to quit the game ; some are playing since the beta.....
    Tick Tock Tormentor• Gryphon Heart • Immortal Redeemer • Extinguisher of Flames • Dro-m'Athra Destroyer • Shiel of the North
    PVP Alpha Squad
    PVE : Alpha Crew Guild leader / Easy Peasy Officer

• LoreToo
    LoreToo
    ✭✭✭
    solasub wrote: »
    I absolutely "plus" ; for a pve group atm, each run is becoming an absolute rng bet ; you cannot go for achievement, you cannot go for score because what is the point! All can be messed up by a sudden weird telegraph, a crash, no working skills, boss acting weird etc etc ; I have a player who saw his necro stuck in blocking bug for 2 days! So he didn't bring the character what the team needed, only the one he could play atm. And all those people off course spent a lot of money for Iron dummy, race token, buying Elsweyr etc etc.
    Even solo content is affected : one friend ran a nightmare Maelstrom with adds and boss who were in fact at 10 or 15 m from where they were appearing to be (so, immune on their visible position, but still hitting and damaging...) . What is this mess????
    This game is just unplayable ; what can we do, except wait in our expensive houses or pass the time by gathering columbines? PvP is broken, PvE group is broken, PvE solo is broken. And yes, still ZERO reaction or excuses. I know a lot of people just disgusted about that and who are wanting to quit the game ; some are playing since the beta.....

Thats it. Do you know why this happened? - Cause zos listening to stupid single-games fans and add only quests. And fix only quests. They lost 810cp+ community.
  • VioletVience
    VioletVience
    ✭✭✭
    This game is just payable

fixed :/
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe they r working on bigger longer term fixes that require more time and come at a later date....but a feedback would be nice
  • sp_korshun
    sp_korshun
    ✭✭✭
    maybe they r working on bigger longer term fixes that require more time and come at a later date....but a feedback would be nice

They're working on bigger and longer "we will look into it soon" message on this forum, but not on fixes
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Possible. But they dont say anything. Just adding fuel to the fire.

But I guess as long as mister suit who does not give a flying duck about the game or anything about it can cash into his pocket, nothing will actually change.
  • solasub
    solasub
    ✭✭✭✭✭

well in this case they should give our Eso + money back ; do you pay to enter in a leisure park if you cannot access to the activities? And yes, at MINIMUM some communication and feed back would be appreciated ; they just act as all this issues DON'T exist.
    Tick Tock Tormentor• Gryphon Heart • Immortal Redeemer • Extinguisher of Flames • Dro-m'Athra Destroyer • Shiel of the North
    PVP Alpha Squad

• LoreToo
    LoreToo
    ✭✭✭

well in this case they should give our Eso + money back ; do you pay to enter in a leisure park if you cannot access to the activities? And yes, at MINIMUM some communication and feed back would be appreciated ; they just act as all this issues DON'T exist.

They should not. They fixed ToS today, so..... :D
  • solasub
    solasub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why are we complaining? everything is fine....

"HOUSING

Improved window lighting for homes in Elsweyr."
    Edited by solasub on June 17, 2019 11:48AM
    PVP Alpha Squad

• GaunterODim
    GaunterODim
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Can we get some insight on this? The server performance is utterly terrible on PS4 EU too, like literally unplayable.

At first its a huge gamble if you can even travel into the trial to begin with, usually half our group needs to restart because their game dies in the load screen and the boss fights become such a laggy, buggy rng show.

Our tanks werent even able to dodge roll anymore, not only because it was harder in the lagg, but because they literally couldnt dodge roll anymore, even after the fight has stopped.

Another thing they noticed is that they couldnt pick up the shards the healers threw them, but sometimes when they were 10 meters+ away from things like liquid lightning, they were able to hit that synergy.
    (We actually had to stop trying to kill the fire boss because nothing was working and no one was able to play properly anymore)

Another time on the final boss we had to fight with barswaps that would take 2 seconds every time. Have you tried doing a 10 second rotation with 4 seconds of just barswapping while keeping up relequen and advancing yokeda? Both of them would drop off every other rotation.
    Of course the rest of the fight was as laggy, the wing punch he does on the whole group every now and then that you want to block? He either began the animation and we got hit back way before it finished or alternatively he just did no animation at all and all of us got knocked back. Same lagg problems for the people downstairs so they kept screwing up, another run wasted.

Its absolutely disappointing and discouraging to not be able to clear this mess eventhough everyone knows what theyre doing and cleared it multiple times before.
    Edited by GaunterODim on June 17, 2019 11:46AM
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    meanwhile at ZOS'

RightWhirlwindBoilweevil-max-1mb.gif
  • Rylisin
    Rylisin
    ✭✭✭
    Us oceanic players have been begging for ZOS to do something about the nigh unplayable state of the game since last October. If they haven't done anything now, I highly doubt they actually care anymore. They got their money, guess they're happy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    PC | NA - NZ Player. Played since mid 2016, CP 1380+ An autistic, tired, coffee driven Kiwi. I draw a lot of fantasy and things.Cirion Adaine - Warden / Crafter | - Niryahil Adaine - NB healer - Ciara Ruhaerin - Nightblade something something, and a few alts for good measure.
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well necro still isnt fixed and i really wanted and waited to play said Necro class. Looks like from here I will be cancelling my eso plus but may still play, or wait and see if you guys care enough to fix them. pet wont summon, block locks and i still get attacked in town. Sad, very sad.
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If people still think ZOS care, go talk to an Oceanic player about their experiences. You’ll see pretty quickly they don’t give a damn.
    Edited by MattT1988 on June 17, 2019 12:00PM
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh they care....about grabbing all your cash!!! :p

If you folks really are upset about the current state of the game and hope to see it change, cancel your sub, stop spending crowns and most definitely continue to vocalize your disgust with what's going on.

If you continue to throw money at them, don't expect to see anything change.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But hey, did you see that fancy Elsweyr trailer that they spent a fortune making? The one where the protagonist can jump on a dragon's back to fight it? Surely this means we'll get dragon combat that's more interesting than hitting a barely-moving lump sitting in front of us on the ground. Right?... RIght?????

/s
    Edited by code65536 on June 17, 2019 12:02PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ri_Khan wrote: »
    Oh they care....about grabbing all your cash!!! :p

If you folks really are upset about the current state of the game and hope to see it change, cancel your sub, stop spending crowns and most definitely continue to vocalize your disgust with what's going on.

If you continue to throw money at them, don't expect to see anything change.

This is where sadness kicks in. Even if you stop giving any money, for every one stopping, 5 continue to give.
    code65536 wrote: »
    But hey, did you see that fancy Elsweyr trailer that they spent a fortune making? The one where the protagonist can jump on a dragon's back to fight it? Surely this means we'll get dragon combat that's more interesting than hitting a barely-moving lump sitting in front of us on the ground. Right?... RIght?????

/s

New dragons I cant use my skills on because they have a hitbox that doesnt allow my skills to hit. Looking forward to it. But, have to give the animators props where its due. The trailers are awesome.
    Sadly cant say that about the game in its current state.
  • Calsifer
    Calsifer
    ✭✭✭
    =)
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LoreToo wrote: »
    Thats it. Do you know why this happened? - Cause zos listening to stupid single-games fans and add only quests. And fix only quests. They lost 810cp+ community.

That is bulldung. Even quests are broken. How are you supposed to even quest when your skills don't work, when your buffs won't apply, and so on ?

Also, just because a game is massively multiplayer doesn't mean it has to be some boring dungeon grind. [snip]

[Edit for bait.]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on June 19, 2019 4:29AM
This discussion has been closed.