We’re creating this thread so there’s a central place to have discussions and provide updates on the long loading screens that many of you have been experiencing. We know this issue is extremely frustrating, and for some, is preventing you from playing all together. We’re doing everything we can to get this fixed as quickly as possible, and have made it a top priority for our engineers. Our QA team has been testing various scenarios so we can collect as much data as possible, including hopping in and out of PvE zones, dungeons, Trials, Cyrodiil, and Battlegrounds, all with varying amounts of players (we’re utilizing bots for situations requiring higher numbers). We’ve also been able to pin down a solid reproducible case for us to investigate that our own Game Director Matt Firor was encountering.
As of now, our only update is that our engineers and programmers are still working to pin point exactly what’s causing this. Until we know, we won’t be able to put in a fix. As for what you can do to help…
- Let us know which system and megaserver you’re on if you’re currently having this issue.
- If you’re on PS4, please specify if you’re on a regular PS4 or PS4 Pro.
- If on Xbox, please specify if you’re using an Xbox One, Xbox One S, or Xbox One X.
- If you’re a PC player, let us know what sort of processor you’re running.
- Is there any specific area or zone you consistently see a long loading screen?
- What are you doing when you experience a long loading screen?
- I.e.: Using a wayshrine, resurrecting, looting, etc.
- Are you utilizing any sort of SSD?
- If you play on Xbox, is the game installed on the internal hard drive or an external hard drive?
- If you’re on PS4, are you using the first party hard drive or a replacement?
Thanks for your patience on this, everyone. To reiterate, our priority right now is fixing this issue as soon as we can. We’ll provide updates in this thread as we receive them.