The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Suggestion: Allow Zone Chat in House Zone

Sporvan
Sporvan
✭✭✭✭✭
This will go a nice long way to alleviate the problem of lonesomeness while sitting in your house. It could be nice to decorate while you're chatting in zone or waiting for a group etc. I'm sure the real estate value of Craglorn houses will go up!
  • mlstevens42_ESO
    mlstevens42_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I personally value the silence. Would rather not listen to zone in any case. I still do see guild chat or any group chat. YMMV.
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally value the silence. Would rather not listen to zone in any case. I still do see guild chat or any group chat. YMMV.

You could mute it... at least it provides additional interactivity for those who want it.
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As a person who likes to go visiting others' homes, i like the current system where 'zone' chat means the house zone. It's nice to be able to call out "hello" as you enter a home and know it will be seen by anybody else in that home.
    'Say' doesn't always carry in some of the larger homes and 'yell' seems like such a rude way to announce yourself :smiley:
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good idea. Also keep chat box active during load screen please.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like this.

I would like to be able to sit in my Alinor Townhouse and wait for a group for a boss.
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this feature is ever added, I will add a Setting to Essential Housing Tools to auto-mute /zone chat whenever you are in a Player House zone. That way - at least for PC players - both the players who do want global /zone chat in their home, as well as those players that do not, might be comfortable with the change. <3
  • Chryseia
    Chryseia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not exactly a "zone chat", but in Wildstar there was a "housing zone" chat and I would love to see something like that implemented in ESO. It basically just connected anyone currently in a home via a single chat channel, and was a great forum for discussing specific decor issues or to ask for advice or feedback regarding a build. It also created a FAR less isolating build experience because, while there may not be anyone else in your specific home at any given time, there was pretty much always someone building somewhere...

Obviously sometimes you would want to mute such a channel, but it was a really great option to have. I would love to see something similar.
  • BrianLovesLisa
    BrianLovesLisa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chryseia wrote: »
    It's not exactly a "zone chat", but in Wildstar there was a "housing zone" chat and I would love to see something like that implemented in ESO. It basically just connected anyone currently in a home via a single chat channel, and was a great forum for discussing specific decor issues or to ask for advice or feedback regarding a build. It also created a FAR less isolating build experience because, while there may not be anyone else in your specific home at any given time, there was pretty much always someone building somewhere...

Obviously sometimes you would want to mute such a channel, but it was a really great option to have. I would love to see something similar.

I wouldn't advise anything "wildstar" did because that game only lasted what 2? 3? years and it went P2P then F2P then Poof?
  • yooqi
    yooqi
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to be able to see zone chat, while still having a distinct "house chat".
    Gwen Benele - Breton Templar
    PC NA
  • mnemoniclights
    mnemoniclights
    ✭✭✭
    Immensely no. I can't think of a worse idea, I enjoy sometimes chilling in my house just to use guild chat because it's better then dealing with zone chat. Especially in areas like Alik'r where it's constant spamming "x, y, z" for dolmen farming.
  • yooqi
    yooqi
    ✭✭✭
    Immensely no. I can't think of a worse idea, I enjoy sometimes chilling in my house just to use guild chat because it's better then dealing with zone chat. Especially in areas like Alik'r where it's constant spamming "x, y, z" for dolmen farming.

You know you can hide zone chat right? I always flip back and forth depending on the zone.
    Gwen Benele - Breton Templar
    PC NA
  • mnemoniclights
    mnemoniclights
    ✭✭✭
    yooqi wrote: »

You know you can hide zone chat right? I always flip back and forth depending on the zone.

I do know that, that still doesn't mean zone chat in homes would be a good idea.