Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

what is your LEAST favorite race, and why?

• Massacre_Wurm
    Massacre_Wurm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton
    Bretons.

Dull , pedestrian and just meh.

Also Orcs. I hate orcs.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian
    My Orc is actually pretty.
    Edited by SilverBride on February 2, 2021 11:48PM
    PCNA
  • devaneiosonho
    devaneiosonho
    ✭✭✭
    Argonian
    Eww imagine thinking Argonians are ugly when you have pasty Bretons, wrinkled mouth breathing orcs, and resting (you know what) face high elf and dark elves. I’ll take my colorful Amazon Argonian healer over that boring nonsense any day ;)

But khajit are the superior choice

Really? Bretons, Altmers and Dunmers are uglier than lizards? Chain smoker lizards, even. I'm going to bet the Sload have better sounding voices than those cursed lizards.

Gods bless the Telvanni for keeping them away from civilized places. I'm sure they're also planning on cutting them down for being treasonous snakes after the events of Morrowind and Oblivion. I can't wait.
    Edited by devaneiosonho on February 2, 2021 11:50PM
  • Vetixio
    Vetixio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit
    Osteos wrote: »
    Not all Khajiit players are weirdos but every weirdo plays a Khajiit.

This is so accurate :lol:
    Pìerre - Breton Vampire Templar, Grand Overlord. Erádàn - Bosmer Templar, Warlord. Vyríc - Imperial Vampire Necromancer, Centurion. Sybìl - Breton Sorcerer, Centurion. Erìch - Nord Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Njàll - Nord Templar, Lieutenant. Elánnà - Bosmer Warden, Veteran. Laquì - Redguard Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Noveni Dres - Dunmer Sorcerer, Lieutenant. Marìnus - Imperial Warden, Veteran. Arvyn Indoril - Dunmer Templar, Sergeant. Rósalyn - Breton Sorcerer, Corporal. Emelîn - Bosmer Dragonknight, Corporal. Astaroth Indoril - Dunmer Sorcerer.
  • tuxon
    tuxon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Altmer
    Nimrhys wrote: »
    All Human races tbh because why would I want to play my own race? Now at least Redguard have an interesting culture and Imperials are based off Romans, one of my favourite civilisations. Bretons are just... snore.

For people outside Europe Bretons have different, unique and interesting culture.
    Resdayniil kan tarcel
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Altmer
    the percentage for Argonians is too high
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Altmer
    Eww imagine thinking Argonians are ugly when you have pasty Bretons, wrinkled mouth breathing orcs, and resting (you know what) face high elf and dark elves. I’ll take my colorful Amazon Argonian healer over that boring nonsense any day ;)

But khajit are the superior choice

Really? Bretons, Altmers and Dunmers are uglier than lizards? Chain smoker lizards, even. I'm going to bet the Sload have better sounding voices than those cursed lizards.

Gods bless the Telvanni for keeping them away from civilized places. I'm sure they're also planning on cutting them down for being treasonous snakes after the events of Morrowind and Oblivion. I can't wait.

Dunmer's time in the 4th Era is over

The Argonians shall rise
    1506629368_lizardmen.jpg
  • Snowstrider
    Snowstrider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton
    Bretons.. very bland and boring
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nimrhys wrote: »
    All Human races tbh because why would I want to play my own race? Now at least Redguard have an interesting culture and Imperials are based off Romans, one of my favourite civilisations. Bretons are just... snore.

Bretons are the only human race that are halflings. Half Elf and Half Nord. Far more interesting than the others IMO.
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer
    Bosmer because cannibalism. Not fond of Dunmer either. Also I don't really like Orcs all that much even though my main is now one.
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit
    Honestly shocked at Altmer, Argonian and Orc hatred??

Obviously if you're a skyrim baby you've been fed propaganda to hate the Altmer.

People crying that orcs are ugly... implying orcs need to be pretty for you to like them... they're supposed to be cursed image of a god that was literally consumed and defecated.

Argonian hate really??? The Oblivion crisis and all the mortal races being sacked burr the argonian people?? The emperor that United tamriel invading everyone's homeland even Summerset but not these argonian homes.... give the lizards respect.

I despise these Khajit because the skooma addicts, the whole moon makes you either a house cat, mount or even fur less khajit that looks like a mer is so cringy to me... the literal peasant race of tamriel.

The opinion of a High elf/Dunmer player
  • dave_harter_ESO
    dave_harter_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Orc
    Orc, I dislike the me bash attitude in their culture. Nord are in second most disliked for the same reason. I am surprised at the Argonian dislike. I enjoyed Murkmire and Oblivion thou.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton
    Too little/bland culture representation in eso particularly compared to previous titles. Can't say I hate any race but kind of biased against bosmer ultra-baby-face lovers and ones crying for stealth in zone chats 24/7, not race related but more about people who have some particular image in their head and forcing it to others like something given.
  • Curryganz
    Curryganz
    ✭✭✭
    Bosmer. Tiny, smelly and downright ugly to look at (well minus some of them gals, who happen to be sexy). When my Altmer strolls past one of them the perpetually disgusted face is more than appropriate
  • Vanya
    Vanya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton
    I knew it, Bretons on the bottom , their are plain annoying,simplistic,too "common" have very weak and un-intriguing lore Their lands and structural desgin suck as well, Bretons have few content , Bretons were already finished with base game and never even got any DLC, Oh that womanizer Breton the way he is portrayed is disgusting.
    Edited by Vanya on February 8, 2021 12:40PM
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Altmer
    Orc, I dislike the me bash attitude in their culture. Nord are in second most disliked for the same reason. I am surprised at the Argonian dislike. I enjoyed Murkmire and Oblivion thou.

Orsinium actually made me like the Orcs.
    I’d make an Orc character if I had the time to play him but I have enough alts as it is
  • Grandchamp1989
    Grandchamp1989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nord
    -Breton: People say they're bland but I like them. You got the medieval civilized theme mixed with the wild theme of reachmen. They're half elf half human which makes them unique. Also they're easy to make.. not ugly.
    -Redguard: I really like these - their society is divided between old and new values, and they're a warrior culture that's evolving unlike...
    -Nords: Viking theme and shouts.. I find their culture very stagnant and it's very cliché.. "Humans are awesome, die in battle". kinda a meathead culture...
    -Altmer: while I can't stand AD this people is high fantasy at its most pompus, narcissistic level. Massive superiority complex. I love their architecture, Summerset and strive for excellence..But they could use an attitude adjustment... A much needed villain.
    -Orcs a nomadic race - the "outsider" who's bullied by everyone but makes the most of it. I enjoy their "Trinimac/Malacath" eternal conflict in society. Flaws can be interesting.
    -Dark Elves - Probably the most unique of all the races. These are almost exclusively Bethesda's creation. Highly intelligent amd morally deeply flawed. Interesting race.
    -Argonians - followers of the hist and probably the most kindhearted race... which also makes them target of oppression. The Argonian tale is yet to be told - and it will be interesting.
    -Khajiit - an extremely spiritual race at its core with a hint of thievery and smuggling - interesting contrast. I really like these.
    -Bosmer - Hippie cannibals - what's not to like.
    -Imperials - The roman legion. The other villain together with Altmer. They go back and fourth in the power struggle. Sometimes Altmer society is on top sometimes Imperials. Many interesting spin off societies (Ayleid for Altmer and "nedes" for Imperials)
    Edited by Grandchamp1989 on February 8, 2021 1:03PM
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian
    Leaping Lizards
    Streaking Sorcs
    Whirlwind of Cat Claws
    Bashing Tanks
    Holy Jabbers
    Unholy Summoners
    Dizzy Champions
    Crimson Turtles
    Orcs of Fury
    Darkest Brotherhood of Elves
    Speedy Foragers

All races and roles have their place in my menagerie <3
  • JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit
    Orcs, because there's no way to make a good looking orc.

This isn't true.

High Priestess Solgra

Edited by JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO on February 8, 2021 2:08PM
  • MellowMagic
    MellowMagic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Altmer
    Imperials being only at 5% makes me happy, 100 personality voice of the emperor boys.
    PC / NA @MellowMagic
    Imperial named with some sort of variation of "Deo"
    By the Divines...
  • Kiash
    Kiash
    ✭✭✭
    Khajiit
    Easily Khajit. Why? Because I want to play one, but their racial abilities make me cringe.
  • AutumnFall93
    Imperial
    Honestly, the Sea Sload, but since they’re not an option I’ll go with Imperials, who I do like as I generally like something about all the playable races in the Elder Scrolls, I just like the Imperials the least of all, and find the Bretons slightly more interesting.
    Edited by AutumnFall93 on February 8, 2021 2:52PM
  • psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any elf. Elf weak. Orc strong.

Orcs are elves, you know. Skyrim confirms they're still 100% mer when you take the blood samples for the transmundane quest.
    No one is saying there aren't multiple interpretations of the lore, and we're not arguing that ESO did it "wrong".

We're arguing that they decided to go for the most boring, mundane, seen-before interpretation possible. Like they almost always do, unless they can ride on the coat-tails of past games.
  • psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iluvrien wrote: »
    Altmer. Every time.

All of the arrogance, none of the effectiveness.

Dunmer are similarly snooty, but there is an understanding that they can, and will, feed you your own nose if you get cheeky. Altmer just prance off with their nose in a sling.

You've perfectly summed up how ESO (and Skyrim) ruined the Altmer for all time.

Never forget.
    No one is saying there aren't multiple interpretations of the lore, and we're not arguing that ESO did it "wrong".

We're arguing that they decided to go for the most boring, mundane, seen-before interpretation possible. Like they almost always do, unless they can ride on the coat-tails of past games.
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altmer
    The Altmer/High Elves. They're usually horrible people.

And the Bretons. For the way they killed both Gaiden Shinje and Baloth Bloodtusk.
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really dislike any of the races, thus I don't have a least favourite. I actually like the cultural setting of almost all races.

I still consider Argonians to be slaves though, and perfect for making leather handbags. Khajiit are not on this list because I like cats.

Altmers are the best, they deserve to rule Tamriel. Bretons come after as they are the human's with Altmer blood.
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunmer
    considering the average should be 10%

argonian are far and away the least liked race, with altmer being a distant second, orc in third are exactly average at 10%

and everyone else is near or well below at average on least favorite.

interestingly i find that both dunmer and altmer tend to act relatively similar about their distain for outsiders and blame the difference in statistics on mainline TES games. altmer were the "villain's" in skyrim and morrowind has alot of fans.

people really hate the scalies though.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't hate any of the races. Khajit, Orc, Wood Elf and Imperial are the ones I use the least.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Argonian
    SO I was right with my guess XD:
    Universe wrote: »
    MaegMaeg wrote: »
    Any race other than ork, altmer or dunmer.
    But Argonians are the bottom. Still my main and half of my other chars are argonian. Don't understand why so many people hate lizards :(

If I had to guess, Argonian is the race with the least players playing it.
    Not many people enjoy playing a lizard.
    That may be the reason why it is more RP centered and less effective in combat.

Anyway, ZOS should buff the Argonian race so it will be better in combat.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7113721#Comment_7113721

B)
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • bluelights400
    bluelights400
    ✭✭✭
    Nord
    I find nords stuck up and arrogant about "pUnY eLveS" bro big muscles don't =better. I just love elves ad they are magical, and they may be arrogant at times, but not always. The elves are also very misrepresented by imperial propaganda.

The only elves I truly think are cruel are the maomer and ayleids. Rest are great.
    i love borzois!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!