The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Signage

SantieClaws
SantieClaws
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Recently this one purchased a large island property now known as Sugar Island.

An issue has arisen which then one thought be might an issue for others too who have small islands of their own or indeed other large properties.

How do you direct your guests from the point of their arrival to the important features? How do they know where to sleep? Where is the bathroom? Khajiit cannot always be home and would like guests to know where to find what they need.

Most importantly how exactly do my guests know how to find the bar which is halfway round the island from the arrival point??? No this one cannot just move the bar because the summerhouse it is near to is fixed and cannot itself be moved.

So this one would like to request a few small signposts that could be hung from a lamp like post or even placed on a door. Like the ones we already have for various shops - which is a little odd as we can't actually yet sell anything from our homes …

A few arrow signs to indicate direction would also be appreciated.

Anyway Khajiit would like to suggest the following - either in words or, for more universal usage, in pictures:

Bar - picture of a drinky

Sleeping place - picture of a bed

Bathroom - picture of a bath

Kitchen - picture of a chicken leg

Swimming pool - something indicating water

Danger - something that looks dangerous

Crafting generally - something composed of a few other of the crafting signs together to indicate an area for crafting rather than the individual professions

This one would like to hear your suggestions for signs you would also like to see in your homes and businesses.

Yours with paws
Santie Claws
Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This post is a work of art.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If we could get some sort of writing method, like a scroll or a book, you could use it to put in there the different directions.
  • Synnastix
    Synnastix
    ✭✭✭✭
    Writable signs and a book you can leave for guests rank high on the list of things that would make housing more fun and prob not require much work.

Even better if you can leave a book open as a guest book where people can leave comments on the place.
  • Chryseia
    Chryseia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are on PC, you can already leave signs (written text) on anything with Essential Housing Tools. Additionally, you can use "NPCs" which flash a subtitle and chat message of your choosing automatically when a visitor first comes within 10m of where the NPC is placed. You can even shove these NPC's underground and change their names, so you don't see them, but still get the benefit of subtitled/chat messages for directions.
  • perditioner
    perditioner
    ✭✭✭
    Act like a developer; use lines in placement of items and have obvious interesting things in view. Use lights to designate paths between areas and lay things out so there is a path around all interesting areas regardless of direction of approach. These techniques are used in the base game areas and also in other games (dark souls love using lights!).
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chryseia wrote: »
    If you are on PC, you can already leave signs (written text) on anything with Essential Housing Tools. Additionally, you can use "NPCs" which flash a subtitle and chat message of your choosing automatically when a visitor first comes within 10m of where the NPC is placed. You can even shove these NPC's underground and change their names, so you don't see them, but still get the benefit of subtitled/chat messages for directions.

Always one who needs to post “if your on pc use EHT” look I get it for many EHT solves problems, it can make things look even cooler, etc. But would you people please stop treating it like it is the only solution, some of us on console ya know, hell some pc players may not wanna use EHT. The other solution is for ZoS to actually listen to us, ain’t gonna happen if everyone just sits quiet because EHT covers it.
    Act like a developer; use lines in placement of items and have obvious interesting things in view. Use lights to designate paths between areas and lay things out so there is a path around all interesting areas regardless of direction of approach. These techniques are used in the base game areas and also in other games (dark souls love using lights!).

How many spaces you think houses have? What if a guild house (a very large one) and one has to split the craft areas into large areas but dotted all over the place? How many lights or lines would that take? Just saying your solution, while it is a solution it suffers from limitations (again an issue we all need to keep complaining about to ZoS hoping one day they’ll listen) and can stop people from designing their homes the way they want to.

-
    S.A.96
    Edited by Shadow_Akula on April 30, 2019 11:37AM
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danger - something that looks dangerous

Paws?
    EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • Chryseia
    Chryseia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shadow_Akula My post was informative, not argumentative. It is possible someone would see this forum thread and not realize there are options available to them. Obviously, it does not help everyone, but in case it could help SOMEONE, I wanted to share the information.

The purpose of an informative post is to share information, not comment on what the Dev's should or should not provide. Kindly don't characterize my post as something it was not. I did not say EHT was the only solution, and I did not advocate for using EHT as a replacement for actual development. Further, by saying "if you are on PC," I made it clear that it is not a universal solution, and that it will not help console players.

And none of that means that I should not share information that may help someone. Just because it does not help you, does not mean you should try to shame me into not speaking up when it may help others, on the off chance that the developers interpret the provision of helpful information in the way you characterized it, namely, that proper development "ain’t gonna happen if everyone just sits quiet because EHT covers it".

Besides, as far as I can tell, no one is currently "sitting quiet" on the housing forums anyways after their disastrous livestream Q&A.
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chryseia wrote: »
    @Shadow_Akula My post was informative, not argumentative. It is possible someone would see this forum thread and not realize there are options available to them. Obviously, it does not help everyone, but in case it could help SOMEONE, I wanted to share the information.

The purpose of an informative post is to share information, not comment on what the Dev's should or should not provide. Kindly don't characterize my post as something it was not. I did not say EHT was the only solution, and I did not advocate for using EHT as a replacement for actual development. Further, by saying "if you are on PC," I made it clear that it is not a universal solution, and that it will not help console players.

And none of that means that I should not share information that may help someone. Just because it does not help you, does not mean you should try to shame me into not speaking up when it may help others, on the off chance that the developers interpret the provision of helpful information in the way you characterized it, namely, that proper development "ain’t gonna happen if everyone just sits quiet because EHT covers it".

Besides, as far as I can tell, no one is currently "sitting quiet" on the housing forums anyways after their disastrous livestream Q&A.

And yet here you are. Arguing.
    Advocate away, become part of the problem. Yes devs don’t care because EHT exists, why else do they only improve things after add ons from pc fix it for them first?
    And yes there are people sitting quiet because like you, they use EHT and don’t care that large parts of the eso community don’t have access to it/don’t want to use EHT. Also on the matter of sitting quiet if what I say isn’t true then why in housing theads, is there’s only 1 name I recognise constantly here standing up for housing? and that would be Imperial_Voice.

In conclusion all I did was ask to stop simply using EHT as the solution when it isn’t. You returned to argue.

Good day. Don’t tag me again if your just gonna continue to argue 👍🏻

S.A.96
  • Chryseia
    Chryseia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And yet here you are. Arguing.

Yes, I started arguing. But only after you characterized a non-argumentative, informative post as "part of the problem."

It's not.

I have played games where the community can't be bothered to answer questions or help people, and that is a far bigger problem than unresponsive development. MMOs are about the community, and I will argue against anyone who tries to silence a helpful community -- especially if they try to use my post to do it.

Silencing informative posts *may* help send Devs a message, and frankly I am skeptical that it would, but it is the community itself that will be hurt in the long run.
    And yes there are people sitting quiet because like you, they use EHT and don’t care that large parts of the eso community don’t have access to it/don’t want to use EHT.

I don't "sit quiet" because I use EHT. I "sit quiet" because I have played games where we would go a year without getting a new housing asset. Something as basic as a single, new furniture model. Games where we would have no communications about the future plans for the game at all. Compared to that, frankly, ESO isn't that bad - even at base features. I feel no need to complain about what we have.

The truth is, there are very few MMOs out there that support cobbling as a feature of housing (i.e., sinking one furniture into another furniture without collision preventing this action). Wildstar had it, but it's gone now. EQ2 has it, but its really old and the graphics show its age IMO. Rift has it, but it's not an action MMO, and after Wildstar closed I didn't want to play another game that looked like it was going into a long maintenance mode spiral (since Trion was sold at around the same time). ESO is a good option. New furnishing models are regularly added to the game. New homes are released. The art/ assets are amazing, and we get some communication, even if we don't like what we hear. Do I wish we had larger item limits and more features? OF COURSE. However, there are FAR worse options out there -- I've played them -- and what we have here is not bad, its just not ideal.

So you are correct, I don't complain. I frankly see no reason to. It has literally nothing to do with EHT.
    Edited by Chryseia on April 30, 2019 5:51PM
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you so much for highlighting the option of Essential Housing Tools for PC players in the interim until ZeniMax can allocate resources toward adding those features into the base game for all players, @Chryseia

Of course we all want to have those features available for everyone on all platforms, but the reality is that those features are not available to anyone unless you play on PC and you use EHT. So while we can't change the current base game situation, for those that have the option, I encourage you to check it out.

Here's just a brief overview of some of Essential Housing Tools' features:

- Automatically backup your entire house with 1-Click Backup Restore of your furniture and 3D FX

- 3D Special FX including:
    Snow / Rain
    Fireworks / Fog / Smoke / Fire
    Fireflies / Pets
    Lasers / Spotlights
    Brick Walls / Marble Floors / Glass Windows
    Water (anywhere in a multitude of varieties - including Clockwork City Oil and Coldharbour Liquid)
    Lighting Controls / Hide Grass
    Cross-House Portals to Your Homes and Other Player's Homes
    Custom Text
    Custom NPCs
    260+ Hi-Res Paintings
    Over 600 other FX

- Multi-item, Single Operation Undo and Redo

- Move and rotate item groups and Align, Center, Level and Orient item groups

- Align and Rotate Any Item around its true center point, rather than the arbitrary "center" point assigned by the game

- Click + Hold items to slide them along any axis in perfectly straight lines to easily hang pictures, align furniture and more

- Snap furniture items together quickly

- Build immaculate construction projects using shape templates including Circles, Domes, Spheres, Spirals, Cubes and others.

- Save and restore groups of items (or even your whole house)

- Lock and unlock items to prevent accidental changes

- Copy item groups and Paste their layout to clone them, or Paste to a different home altogether (even on a different server - such as from PTS to Live)

- Import / Export Copied items to share clipboards with friends, allowing them to then Paste that same layout into their home

- Toggle groups of Lights ON/OFF with 1-click

- Trigger home automation routines using a variety of conditions including
    Entering/Exiting a designated location
    Saying a key phrase in /say, /group, /zone, etc.
    Toggling a specific Light, Switch or other toggled item On/Off
    Interacting with any interactive item, including Assistants, Crafting Stations, Books, etc.
    Using specific Emotes
    Using specific Quickslot Items (any item you want)
    Entering/Exiting Combat
    Dual-Condition Triggers based on two of the above criteria

- Animate items or automatically rearrange items with Scenes

- Reset all Target Dummies to full health instantly, without waiting for Combat to end

and more...

<3

• R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, I forgot one of the most recent features:

The Housing Hub is a new, central feature of Essential Housing Tools that allows you to:
    • Visit to any player's home
    • Manage and Visit Favorite Homes (yours and other players')
    • View and Visit Recent Homes you have visited
    • Host and Tour Open Houses from players across the entire Housing Community
    • Tour Guildmates' Entries in Housing Contests and Exhibitions with lists pulled automatically from your Messages of the Day
    • Share your homes' 3D visual FX with others and even re-share other players' FX with third-parties
    • Search all of your Furnishings with DecoTrack integration, including by Item, Category, House, Bank/Storage Chest and Character's Inventory
    ...all from one, convenient Hub (accessible by default with ALT+H or by clicking the Home icon in the game's top menu bar)

jefg0310lgcp.png

niy7y2cfr05l.png

qmjaqahvmu14.png

kpdq44yf1lpf.png

zlnqvood3dhq.png
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the same thought about this island, I really am on edge about the larger homes in the game because of this (and furniture caps).

I used the top house as a crafting hub, two murkmire latter's going up to the upper lofts, where each corner and two lofts is a single crafting station, deced out respectively in the theme of that craft...

The middle house will be a guest bedroom.
    The first shelter will be for my assistants.

I think this makes for a simple layout but again, people first visiting would have to guess.... I suppose.
  • Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Signs that would allow some basic customized text would be nice. Yes, I could write something totally obscene... but only I and my guests would ever see it.
  • Bleakraven
    Bleakraven
    ✭✭✭✭
    Using a large "plot" house and dividing it into 3 different purposes, I'd love to have some writtable signs near the entrance.
  • ZOS_GabeS
    ZOS_GabeS
    admin
    Greetings,

We have closed this thread because it is quite old. If you wish to continue discussing this topic, please create a new thread. Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.