Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 25, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 27, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 27, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Want a Custom Essential Effect of your own design?

R_K
R_K
✭✭✭✭✭
For those who have sent me your questions regarding when you could have your own Essential Effects created, I have finally set up a form to request your own, custom FX.

What can my Essential Effect be?

Anything appropriate and not protected by any form of copyright can be used, though some examples of things that would make nice looking Essential Effects might include:
  • A guild logo, emblem, insignia or seal.
  • A food item or group of food items ranging from an apple pie to a 12 course meal.
  • A single book for a coffee table or the spines of an 8 volume encyclopedia neatly lined up and ready to be placed in your bookcase.
  • A specific door, window, column, awning, gate, archway or other reasonable architectural element.
  • A wall covering or a certain style of masonry.
  • A particular tile, hardwood, granite, marble, stone or other floor covering.
  • That solid oak curio you have been eyeing for that corner nook in your kitchen.
  • A patch of your favorite flowers, plant or shrubbery that you would like for your garden.
  • A statue, bust, relief, painting or other reasonable artwork installation.

The list goes on but do please keep in mind that, as with all Essential Effects, subjects that will look believable in a 2D (in 3D) format will provide the best results. I would refer you to the existing library of (at the time of this original post) 582+ effects as a starting point or to get an idea of how a similar effect of your choice may look in its final form.

Thus far, player submitted Essential Effects have taken an average of about 2 - 2.5 hours to crop, touch up, convert, configure/develop, test and deploy, so please keep that in mind with regard to expected turn around times from a submitted request until an update to Essential Housing Tools is released with your Essential Effect included, ready to use.

So, for more details and to submit a request for your own Essential Effect, please click here.

Happy Housing!
Cardinal <3
@Cardinal05 // Geezus Take The Heal (PC, NA) // Divine Design Alliance
Add-on Developer // Essential Housing Tools - Magic Carpet - DecoTrack - Guild Alert
  • Chryseia
    Chryseia
    ✭✭
    @R_K You said it cannot be protected by any form of copyright, but what about ESO assets themselves (like screenshots from in-game to be added as a picture)?
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is such a generous gift @R_K !
    I can't wait to plant my Delphinium!
    Thank you again so much for all of the countless hours of work you've put into helping us make our houses, homes 🌺
    Edited by Delphinia on March 7, 2019 7:31PM
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delphinia wrote: »
    This is such a generous gift @R_K !
    I can't wait to plant my Delphinium!
    Thank you again so much for all of the countless hours of work you've put into helping us make our houses, homes 🌺

@Delphinia You are so welcome -- it makes it easy when people are as awesome and as kind as yourself! <3 <3
    Add-on Developer // Essential Housing Tools - Magic Carpet - DecoTrack - Guild Alert
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chryseia wrote: »
    @R_K You said it cannot be protected by any form of copyright, but what about ESO assets themselves (like screenshots from in-game to be added as a picture)?

@Chryseia A great question. So when I read over the Add-on Terms and I never found anything prohibiting the use of the game's own assets within the game. There is a well-known list of many of the game's texture files published here on ESOUI.com and I actually use a number of textures from that list for both User Interface elements as well as for my FX subsystem. I have not ever received any communication from ZeniMax about this one way or another. So, considering that they don't seem to mind (seeing as we're using the game's textures within the game itself) and the Add-on Terms don't prohibit it, I think that's fine. And, of course, If I ever hear from them on the contrary, I'll just give those players whose FX are impacted an opportunity to replace them with alternate imagery.
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Delphinia LOL! A+ for the Money Pit reference - I nearly spit my drink out.

Also, you are so welcome! To be honest, when you sent me those Delphinium I was really happy to add them as an Effect because wow are they beautiful. Plus their name is on point, just saying... ;)
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭
    @R_K

Cardi, may I ask, what image format do you prefer our submissions be in? And is there anything someone experience in PS can do to make your load lighter when we submit images?

Thank you for doing this! This is so amazing of you. <3
  • Chryseia
    Chryseia
    ✭✭
    @R_K

So excited about this!! Just submitted my request - can't wait to see it in game! I really really REALLY appreciate your making this available to us and just, generally, everything you do for the community!
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @R_K

Cardi, may I ask, what image format do you prefer our submissions be in? And is there anything someone experience in PS can do to make your load lighter when we submit images?

@mayasunrising ...a great question and thank you, by the way <3 So, I can really work with just about any common image format, such as BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG and TIF. Ideally, a format the inherently supports transparency is ideal as the final format that I will be converting your image to (DDS) supports transparency. I know for sure that PNG supports transparency and will also provide high quality given that it uses a lossless encoding scheme. <3
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love my new custom FX! Being able to put paintings in my house of my main character hanging out with her headcannon NPC boyfriend (Darien Gautier, if anyone hasn't run into him yet) is... just so amazingly cool. THANK YOU CARDI!!!!!!!!!!!!!

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

@Chryseia These really did turn out awesome -- enjoy your new Custom Effects! <3
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭
    R_K wrote: »
    @R_K

@mayasunrising ...a great question and thank you, by the way <3 So, I can really work with just about any common image format, such as BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG and TIF. Ideally, a format the inherently supports transparency is ideal as the final format that I will be converting your image to (DDS) supports transparency. I know for sure that PNG supports transparency and will also provide high quality given that it uses a lossless encoding scheme. <3

Thank you Cardi! <3 I did submit a .png just now, and I know you would like in game gold for your work, I just forgot how much and can't seem to find the post. Probably because it's 4 in the morning. lol. Please let me know how much you would like, and I'll send it along.
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭
    Love my new custom FX! Being able to put paintings in my house of my main character hanging out with her headcannon NPC boyfriend (Darien Gautier, if anyone hasn't run into him yet) is... just so amazingly cool. THANK YOU CARDI!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

These looks so good! @Chryseia ! What a wonderful way to customize your house!
  • Catsmoke14
    Catsmoke14
    ✭✭✭
    Nice work!
    Payment is in the mail. Well, it will be. Soon. Has Khajiit ever lied to you?

3chgo2dyofgs.png
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Chryseia what a great idea you had! The photos came out just gorgeous! 🥂
    @Catsmoke14 awesome rug!
    Edited by Delphinia on March 14, 2019 7:05PM
  • Catsmoke14
    Catsmoke14
    ✭✭✭
    @Delphinia Ah, thanks. I have a thing for bright rugs. There may be a second soon.
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just catching up on forum stuff and wanted to say (1) thank you to everyone who has helped add to the library of FX so far with their submissions and (2) I am so happy that you like the results! I am really excited about the state of EHT as a whole and the FX system is now easily one of my favorite parts of EHT. <3
  • Catsmoke14
    Catsmoke14
    ✭✭✭
    The Dragon rug came out purrrfect in this cats eyes.

I am really impressed with the set of Parchment, Scroll [by Chryseia] (Decorative) - I can predict some uses for these for myself.

For some reason, I can not see the Book, Ornate by Chrysia. I tried colorizing it yellow and still couldn't see it. As I've learned this could be a problem on my end, but I thought it worth mentioning.
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Catsmoke14 Thank you for the rugs - and thanks to @Chryseia for making those awesome parchments! Also, the book effect should work now with 11.7.2. That was a bug - so thank you for letting me know!
  • Chryseia
    Chryseia
    ✭✭
    Love how these turned out Cardi! Thank you SO much!!!

unknown.png