For those who have sent me your questions regarding when you could have your own Essential Effects created, I have finally set up a form to request your own, custom FX.
What can my Essential Effect be?
Anything appropriate and not protected by any form of copyright can be used, though some examples of things that would make nice looking Essential Effects might include:
- A guild logo, emblem, insignia or seal.
- A food item or group of food items ranging from an apple pie to a 12 course meal.
- A single book for a coffee table or the spines of an 8 volume encyclopedia neatly lined up and ready to be placed in your bookcase.
- A specific door, window, column, awning, gate, archway or other reasonable architectural element.
- A wall covering or a certain style of masonry.
- A particular tile, hardwood, granite, marble, stone or other floor covering.
- That solid oak curio you have been eyeing for that corner nook in your kitchen.
- A patch of your favorite flowers, plant or shrubbery that you would like for your garden.
- A statue, bust, relief, painting or other reasonable artwork installation.
The list goes on but do please keep in mind that, as with all Essential Effects, subjects that will look believable in a 2D (in 3D) format will provide the best results. I would refer you to the existing library of (at the time of this original post) 582+ effects as a starting point or to get an idea of how a similar effect of your choice may look in its final form.
Thus far, player submitted Essential Effects have taken an average of about 2 - 2.5 hours to crop, touch up, convert, configure/develop, test and deploy, so please keep that in mind with regard to expected turn around times from a submitted request until an update to Essential Housing Tools is released with your Essential Effect included, ready to use.
So, for more details and to submit a request for your own Essential Effect, please click here
// Geezus Take The Heal (PC, NA) // Divine Design Alliance
Add-on Developer // Essential Housing Tools
- Magic Carpet
- Guild Alert