Maintenance for the week of February 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – February 18
• Xbox One: EU megaserver for maintenance – February 20, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• We will be performing maintenance for patch 4.3.4 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC).
The Wrathstone DLC Game Pack and Update 21 base game patch are now available to test on the PTS! Read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/454456/

PTS Update 21 - Feedback Thread for Racial Passive Changes

• LLawlietW
    LLawlietW
    ✭✭
    I still think khajiit passive needs re-examining. they just dont have any identity with tri regen. the stam recovery ended up being a tiny buff overall if you were running the meta PVE setup and gold/purple food. but then the change to the 1h enchants and therefore, absorb stamina enchants, makes it so that the khajiit cant even self sustain through a 6 mil target dummy. i can understand the 1h enchant change, but that change has effectively stopped the khajiit from being able to sustain at all in the same gear. i think the khajiit should receive a buff to the stamina regen to help it compare
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The spell crit added to the Khajiit is a blessing. Hitting 41k+ parses on a magsorc. But the sustain is shoddy to say the least.
    I will kick everyone's butt, even my own.

PC NA
    CP 1100+
    Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP August Palatine - Flawless Conqueror
    Falls-With-Stars - Argonian Magicka Templar - AD - Former Empress - Voice of Reason
    vMA/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR
    Dragon-in-Shadows - Argonian Magicka Nightblade - Shadow Breaker
    Ruvius Obsidian-Claw - Argonian Magicka Templar
    Death-Singer - Argonian Magicka Nightblade
    Dark-Star - Argonian Magicka Dragonknight
    Dances-on-Ice - Argonian Magicka Warden
    Tsalli-ko - Khajiit Stamina Sorcerer
    Sings-to-Starlight - Argonian Magicka Warden
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭
    Ertosi wrote: »
    With Dunmer now falling obviously behind Altmers, could the solution be giving them back at least a portion of their old bonus to fire damage? This would bridge the gap, albeit with their preferred element, but would still be useful for non-magicka builds. This would allow them to stay competitive with the other races, and retain their old racial identity while also embracing their new hybrid approach.

"Retain their old racial identity"? Dunmer aren't know for being proficient in flame damage.

Maybe they should just add a bit more spell damage to the class.

They could even just introduce skill specific bonuses. Say when they dual wield they gain another x amount of weapon damage, or when you use a specific destruction skill it adds another y amount of spell damage for z time. Etc.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That Bosmer speed buff is nice. Don’t change it.

:trollface:
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit stat passives need a buff - health regen is nowhere near as valuable as stam or magicka regen and, if it is added to a racial passive, needs to be much higher than 100.

Together, the passives add up to 250. Dunmer got 1200ish stam and magicka, adding up to a not-insignificant amount more than a magicka racial gives. Splitting up a single stat racial into two different stats is supposed to allow the two diff (or three diff stats, in the case of Khajiit - stam/mag/health regen) to be then bumped up a bit, so they add up to a total bigger than their counterpart (in this case, the base 254 regen other races get), but it's not as strong because it's more spread out.

What we have is, the stats are more spread out AND weaker in total AND 40% of the stats (100 health regen) are effectively nonexistent. This is an issue - a relatively minor one, admittedly, but still.

I'm pretty gosh darn thrilled about the bonus stats and spell crit though.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think Orc is in a fairly decent place. I still feel like the flat value health and stamina should be increased to 1k. 500 is almost nothing and feels like a real waste of a whole racial passive.

Also the 380 heal from Unflinching is super underwhelming. I rather just see that removed and the Stamina return increased to something like 500-700 Stamina. A 190 heal every 4 seconds in Cyrodiil is only useful if you stub your toe and need relief.

Yeah I just jumped on PTS and 500 feels like it might as well be zero and give us something else lol. Will post more later when I analyze stats in depth. This is a HUGE nerf to PvP stamplars which relied on stacking stamina for PoL and redguard isn't really an option because you NEED every little bit of mobility you can find in PvP right now.
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could we please change Nord passive to 5 ultimate every 5 seconds when taking damage? It's pretty limited in its use, in trials or dungeons DPS Nords wont get to take much advantage of it other than tanks. It's mostly going to shine in PVP and when tanking and thats fine for me but that's turning the Nord into a PVP or Tank race only rather than giving more freedom.
    Edited by IronWooshu on January 22, 2019 3:11AM
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a PVP stealth ganking bosmer and a PVE MagDK dumner as my main characters, these changes specifically weaken my favourite characters.

That is for context so you can see why I might be looking for changes before these changes (which mostly seem good) go live.

Because of the previous fire damage bonus of dumner a lot of players made MagDK pyromancer characters and have played these characters for years. The current changes to Dumner while not bad exactly makes a dumner MagDk a lot worse than an Altmer MagDK.

So my suggestion is to allow for an interesting passive that helps magdk without exclusively helping MagDks my suggestion after some thought is to tackle dumners issue with sustain.
    "Whenever you apply a status effect (burning chilled, concussed, poisoned etc.) to a target gain a small amount of mag and stam" There is the issue this will make them too strong a stam class since their issue is sustained but it is still very strong for hybrids.

As for Bosmer, I mourn the loss of stealth gameplay but I know its not exactly healthy. The stealth detection really isn't that useful because the engage range and lag in PVP is just too high for you to be able to react to players in stealth. It is also not useful in PVE.

So my suggestion for a more interesting passive seeks to give bosmer what they are lacking, a little bit more damage. Since their new roll dodge passive is really strong I would like to tie more damage to the ability.
    "After you use Roll Dodge you gain 20% Movement Speed for 3 seconds and your next direct damage attack within 3 seconds will critically strike". Obviously good in PVP it still adds a little more damage in PVE after dodging mechanics.
    Edited by Narvuntien on January 22, 2019 3:56AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bowser wrote: »
    I'd love to see weapon and spell damage instead of healing done on the Argonian passive, since weapon and spell damage affect healing done AND give Argonians a damage option.

That would likely be way too good in addition the still strong potion passive.
  • Daus
    Daus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nords look like they're in a great spot this update. The only thing I would change is to reduce the ult CD to 8 seconds from 10 in order to acquire an additional Warhorn after 6:40 rather than having to wait until 8:20 when compared to a non-Nord. This will make that passive more impactful.

Imperials maintain having good overall stats, but I recommend getting rid of the bash cost reduction, and simply give imperials 10% block cost reduction.

The movement speed passive for wood elves also seems slightly overtuned. I'd reduce it to 10%.
  • xAk_MoRRoWiNdx
    xAk_MoRRoWiNdx
    ✭✭✭
    I'm seeing some good comments about Khajiit changes. If you're trying to make the race be a hybrid race for Stam/Mag, at least up the recoveries. ALL of them. 75? Really??

Khajiit definitely needs to be revised as those stats are waaayy too low.
    New to forums and stuff so I 99.9 percent probably won't see your response and such, so use the at symbol at me I guess? IDK :/. This BBCode stuff is really cool!! :D.
    Gamer from Alaska (907 Gamers, Alaskan Gamers Unite!).
    My little rant I guess?:
    One day Nightblades will get the buffs we desperately need and deserve, but so far, those buffs are not today.. The Elder Scrolls Online: Nightblade Nerfs Unlimited.
    Don't nerf you, don't nerf me, nerf the sorc behind the tree!.

If you need help or advice, hit me up on Xbox: Press F to REEE :D .
    Also open to talking on Discord!
    Ich kann Deutsch Sprechen bei der mittleren/zwischen Kenntnissen Ebene. Hallo! :D.

CP level 880. Playing since 2015.

My wishlist I suppose:
    • PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEAAASSSEEE EITHER BUFF SIPHONING STRIKES OR REVERT IT BACK TO PRE MORROWIND!!.
    • Bring back purge cloak. But I guess the new heal cloak is more beneficial. Hmmm....
    • MAKE IMPERIAL CITY GREAT AGAIN, BRING BACK THOSE INCREDIBLE DAYS. My best experiences in ESO where in there!
    • Return Stam builds to the power we held in One Tamriel. Long Live Stamina builds!
    • Put Magplar and MagDK into their place. Magpsorc is a hopeless case.
    • Is there any chance that we could get an Ebonheart Pact nerf? #CullingTheHerds .

My 10 characters:
    • AD - xak-Morrowindx - Khajiit Stamina Nightblade. Hours: 91 days, 2 hours (2,186 hours).
    • EP - Ich bin Groot - Orc Stamina Dragonknight. Hours: 2 days, 16 hours (64 hours).
    • DC - Who Took My Bleach - Orc Stamina Sorcerer. Hours: 3 days, 18 hours. (90 hours).
    • EP - Niada Zaennon - High Elf Magicka Nightblade. Hours: 15 days, 18 hours (378 hours).
    • AD - Healsyournoobazzwithmemes - Argonian Magicka Templar. Hours: 1 day, 9 hours (33 hours)
    • DC - Engulfing Traps - Dark Elf Magicka Dragonknight. Hours: 7 days, 17 hours (129 hours).
    • AD - Verführung - High Elf Magicka Sorcerer. Hours: 5 days, 9 hours (129 hours)
    • DC - Deadazz catch these birds - Nord Stamina Warden. Hours: 6 days, 21 hours (165 hours)
    • EP - So Bendy - Wood Elf Stamina Templar. Hours: 1 day, 15 hours (39 hours)
    • EP - Smash that mf Like button - Breton Magicka Warden. Hours: 20 hours, 20 minutes.

Aldmeri Dominion Master-Faction!
  • ankeor
    ankeor
    ✭✭✭
    I liked the changes overall but i have a few suggestions about them

Here is my version of the a few passives.

Argonian

Life Mender: Increases your Healing Done by 7%

Wood Elf

Hunter’s Eye: Increases your Stealth detection radius by 3m. Reduces the cost of roll dodge by 20%.

Dark Elf

Resist Flame>Venomous Fire: When you apply burning or poison status effect to a target your next single target direct damage ability will cost no stamina or magicka. Increases your Flame Resistance by 2310. You are immune to the Burning status effect.

Imperial

Red Diamond: When you deal Direct Damage you have a 15% chance to heal for 1750. Reduces the cost of your Break Free by 10%

Khajiit

Robustness: Increases your Stamina and Magicka recovery by 129.

Orc

Brawny: Increases your Max Health and Stamina by 1000.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ankeor wrote: »

Wood Elf

Hunter’s Eye: Increases your Stealth detection radius by 3m. Reduces the cost of roll dodge by 20%.

Dark Elf

Resist Flame>Venomous Fire: When you apply burning or poison status effect to a target your next single target direct damage ability will cost no stamina or magicka. Increases your Flame Resistance by 2310. You are immune to the Burning status effect.

Imperial

Red Diamond: When you deal Direct Damage you have a 15% chance to heal for 1750. Reduces the cost of your Break Free by 10%

I see we are on the same kind of lines along dumner and status effects.

Roll dodge cost reduction is good because of how it interacts with the new passive but I still want more damage out of bosmer passives.

Ooh I like the break free cost reduction for imperials.... it's also super flavourful if you think about it imperials famous for breaking free of slavery.

• ankeor
    ankeor
    ✭✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    ankeor wrote: »

Wood Elf

Dark Elf

Imperial

I see we are on the same kind of lines along dumner and status effects.

Roll dodge cost reduction is good because of how it interacts with the new passive but I still want more damage out of bosmer passives.

Ooh I like the break free cost reduction for imperials.... it's also super flavourful if you think about it imperials famous for breaking free of slavery.

Thing with bosmers is PvP they have really good sustain they can go full damage with their itemization. PvE wise yes, they are not the best.

About the Imperials I wish I could say that it was intentional but i realised it after your mentioned it. I guess it lined up perfectly. :D
  • commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey, overall direction of race change is good. Races are now more in line than previously, former OP races (lizard) nerfed a bit, more weak races buffed. But there are some weak points still. To be precise two goals were not fully achieved:
    1. Any given race cant perform any given role well (at least in PvE), but I guess it is impossible to implement due to lore, so Im absolutely fine with this
    2. The race diversity is still weak and there still are races, that are bad at every role in PvE. Redguard is still the best stamina DD, but now Orc and Khajiit and arguably Bosmer and Dunmer are good options too, for mana we have Altmer ang Khajiit again. Best healers are Argonians and then bretons and the best tank, far better than others is Nord period.

Now let us look at some races

Breton
    Too much sustain for a DD with lack of offensive bonuses, and Im not sure there is some extra burst build to compensate this, so wont be preferable DD. The same goes for a healer - sustain is too big, you wont generally need this. For a tank and PvP heal/dd though it is a very strong option though, because due to lack of cost reduction in the game this 7% bonus will have a full strength and it is huge (like built-in seducer, I tried it on my tank and the difference is immence). Maybe it would be better to trade some cost reduction for more offence (in the form of extra mana i.e.), this way Breton will be more versatile and not overpowered in PvP

Dunmer
    While bonuses are weighted and balanced out in raw numbers with other races and he can now be either magicka or stamina DD which is good, he wont be the best in any of these specializations in PvE. But the main pain point is lacking of fire offence which would hit all mag DKs which preferred this race (and there are many of them). Considering the fact that mana DK are far inferior to any other mana DD (in both range and damage) this will hit them hard and cause much outcry. I dont run Dunmer mDK myself, but Id give them flat bonus to fire damage which will keep mDKs happy while wont offer much to other classes. I would also add some physical damage bonus which will benefit weak Wardens and Sorcs and wont do much for NBs and DKs, but there is a templar, which is already strong, so not sure about this.

Bosmer
    Is fine all-in-all. Has some good stamina, some sustain, but the third bonus is not of any use for a DD in PvE. So in raw numbers Bosmer is still inferior. Im sure some minor bonus for PvE DD is in order here

Imperial
    Now this is a complicated matter. Imperials are good for stam DD in PvP now (esp. for templars, sorcs or cleave builds), but they just dont fit in PvE on any role. Lets look at their history. Once tank meta was about maxing both HP and stamina and Imperials were shining back then. I bet most of this upgrade purchases occured in that times. Than max stamina became obsolete for a tank and Argonians took the priviledge of being the best tanks, still Imperials were interesting for max HP builds on tanks or max max stamina builds for DD. And now? For a tank He have a bit higher HP then other races, too much stamina (1500 is more than enough) and basically nothing else. For a DD he has too much HP, some extra stamina and nothing else. Ok, Imperial was never intended to be the best DD and it is OK, but let him be good at least as a tank. And red diamond self heal is not needed on DD in PvE and just wont work on a tank. Block and bash cost reduction would be good, but it is very weak. For Nords you changed 6% damage reduction for flat resistances ant it is very strong option. Previously these 6% were equal to 1-2% damage reduction on tank builds and now it is plain 6%. I calculated these 5% block cost reduction on Imperial tank and got only 1% block cost reduction in fact. Thus it would be better to change this bonus to Shieldplay glyph variant, 260 flat block cost reduction will result in 5% real reduction on tank builds, so for bash cost reduction it would be around -390. This way Imperial tanks would be able to drop 1-2 Shieldplay glyphs and get 160*1.5 = 240 mana regen, which is perfectly in line with other races bonuses. Still Imperials wont be that attractive to buy the upgrade but at least it would make sence to roll one as a tank.
    Rawr