The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.4 is available.
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Time To Fix Heavy Armor Meta

• Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SilverPaws wrote: »
    Nicko_Lps wrote: »
    Cripple stamina so much that we will become crafters or what ?

Crippled stamina players will be like 90% of murkmire Cyrodiil.

So much crippled

I can understand that you are angry, i know that you play magsorc and i don't agree with zenimax changes as well, but stamina players will get nerfed hard with mobility gutted.

Brother, you cant have God tier mobility in heavy armor.
    Tanks are immovable juggernauts, not F-16's that break the sound barrier with their speed + bombard areas :trollface:
    Options
  • SilverPaws
    SilverPaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So much crippled

I can understand that you are angry, i know that you play magsorc and i don't agree with zenimax changes as well, but stamina players will get nerfed hard with mobility gutted.

Tanks are immovable juggernauts, not F-16's that break the sound barrier with their speed + bombard areas :trollface:

I am girl, but back on topic.
    Not everyone in heavy is tank though, tanks in cyrodiil don't need mobility, because they are build for tankyness with no dmg.
    If medium was not in so bad state then it would be fine really.
    Also as i said before now that mobility is nerfed, heavy armor builds won't be strong as before.. We all will feel weaker, except god mode stam wardens and stam nbs :trollface:
    Edited by SilverPaws on October 10, 2018 10:56AM
    Options
  • SilverPaws
    SilverPaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People don't want heavy to be mobile and have good dmg, but also they don't want unkillable tank builds in cyro, so it's hard :smiley:
    Options
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So much crippled

Not everyone in heavy is tank though, tanks in cyrodiil don't need mobility, because they are build for tankyness with no dmg.
    Also as i said before now that mobility is nerfed, heavy armor builds won't be strong as before.. We all will feel weaker, except god mode stam wardens and stam nbs :trollface:

Had 0 intention to transgender-ify you, my bad. :sunglasses:

Tank is: Heavy armor + Sword and shield.
    Dont assume only 40+k HP players are tanks only, you wear heavy armor + Sword and board? You can have 30k hp but since you enjoy a non glassy dps armor like medium + light youre a tank.

Medium is on a perfect state, fury+legion+ravager+ADVyokeda+++++ outperform medium with the usage of swift traits + jewelery retraiting + speed pots or maj exped buff of any form.

Now if you ask me, the shuffle nerf is as pointless as shield nerf. I dont like it as it will force EVEN more stamina players in PvP to go heavy armor regarding if they like it or not.
    Options
  • SilverPaws
    SilverPaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So much crippled

Dont assume only 40+k HP players are tanks only, you wear heavy armor + Sword and board? You can have 30k hp but since you enjoy a non glassy dps armor like medium + light youre a tank.

Medium is on a perfect state, fury+legion+ravager+ADVyokeda+++++ outperform medium with the usage of swift traits + jewelery retraiting + speed pots or maj exped buff of any form.

Now if you ask me, the shuffle nerf is as pointless as shield nerf. I dont like it as it will force EVEN more stamina players in PvP to go heavy armor regarding if they like it or not.

I would like to wear medium armor, but not possible on stam dk's, we are forced into heavy with snb/2h also medium lacks survivality that is also why people go rather heavy than medium. Medium is really good to run only on stam nbs, because they have shade + cloak so they can avoid most of the damage and reset fights.

And i agree with you that these changes will force more people into heavy, it's sad that zenimax is butchering classes more and more and they're reasonings as why are really ridiculous. I always look forward to that developer comment under unlogical nerf :smiley:
    Options
  • SilverPaws
    SilverPaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think better than to nerf heavy, that was nerfed by mobility nerf now, is to interduce better sets for medium or for light, making more build variety is always good. Not interducing overpowered sets though, like ZoS likes to do.

Also instead of nerfing speed pots they could make magicka speed pots so mag builds can be build more mobile as well.
    Options
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    Not happy until everyone's wearing medium armor, same sets, regens, weapon damage and same class. Wants Everyone to play as stamina...*** nerfcallers...

but but.... every heavy stam out there must be using 7th legion + fury/other + bloodspawn..
    Options
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So much crippled

I would like to wear medium armor, but not possible on stam dk's, we are forced into heavy with snb/2h also medium lacks survivality that is also why people go rather heavy than medium. Medium is really good to run only on stam nbs, because they have shade + cloak so they can avoid most of the damage and reset fights.

And i agree with you that these changes will force more people into heavy, it's sad that zenimax is butchering classes more and more and they're reasonings as why are really ridiculous. I always look forward to that developer comment under unlogical nerf :smiley:

DK has not an escape option and going medium on it with all these zerglings wanna MAX MAM MODE you 1v10 is not a good idea, but if you use medium on your DK pls stay away from my sorc xD.

Same thing apply to stamblades too though, they can run master bow+masterDW along with heavy armor they are unkillable beasts.

Heavy armor is not overbuffed. There are some sets that overperform and people use them instead of going medium.

While medium will clearly burst alot higher dmg on me, i can actually force a medium armor player to go defensively. Heavy armor staminators dont even care about the damage they get, its quite easy mode since they are allowed to make many mistakes before they loose a 1v1 and so and so and so. But hey.. Thats what ZoS wants, they dont want glassy builds they promote heavy because they probably wanna make eso exactly like skyrim to make it feel like home to 0 experienced players with 0 reflexes that make many mistakes in their playstyle ;)
    Options
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fury 7th ravager veiled heritance are the only sets that should see change if heavy needs a nerf/tweak.

They are the reason the class can spec tanky with great sustain while still pumping out more damage than others.

If heavy armor sets were more focused on utility group buffs/effects/player effects like hargraven then they would be more situational and logical for the purpose of a heavy armor guy. Get up in the fight and absorb some hits while providing cc, buffs, debuffs to the enemy.

Cap the damage these heavy sets give and medium becomes much more attractive for someone looking for damage.
    Options
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭

While medium will clearly burst alot higher dmg on me, i can actually force a medium armor player to go defensively. Heavy armor staminators dont even care about the damage they get, its quite easy mode since they are allowed to make many mistakes before they loose a 1v1 and so and so and so. But hey.. Thats what ZoS wants, they dont want glassy builds they promote heavy because they probably wanna make eso exactly like skyrim to make it feel like home to 0 experienced players with 0 reflexes that make many mistakes in their playstyle ;)

Yes heavy is more forgiving than medium, but even if somehow someone could play perfectly, things would still go wrong because the game has many issues.

Like these things that happen to me every single day. Bars not swapping, ult not working, pots not working, sprint bug, unable to break free with full stam, getting snared while forward momentum is up, getting hit with multiple attacks in 1 second due to dysnc, skills not working, channeled skills doing the full channel but having no effect, getting interrupted while cc immune, getting stunned multiple times in a few seconds, heavy and light attacks not working and just wave around in the air, ult getting consumed but doing nothing...

And I'm sure there is much, much more. You can't rely on just skill alone when the game is this messed up.

Options
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crixus8000 wrote: »

Yes heavy is more forgiving than medium, but even if somehow someone could play perfectly, things would still go wrong because the game has many issues.

Like these things that happen to me every single day. Bars not swapping, ult not working, pots not working, sprint bug, unable to break free with full stam, getting snared while forward momentum is up, getting hit with multiple attacks in 1 second due to dysnc, skills not working, channeled skills doing the full channel but having no effect, getting interrupted while cc immune, getting stunned multiple times in a few seconds, heavy and light attacks not working and just wave around in the air, ult getting consumed but doing nothing...

And I'm sure there is much, much more. You can't rely on just skill alone when the game is this messed up.

1 sec sprint bug to my magsorc is enough to get waisted.
    If bars dont swap to my magsorc is enough to get waisted.

A heavy tankling will always have the privilege to afford MANY mistakes and carelessness before it goes waisted.

One of the most UNDEAD tanks in my server dies in like 2 min or less as magblade and around in 3 mins as magsorc 1v1 and i dont consider myself a good player. Now when hes on DBoS tankling mode, he kinda kills a few low cp ppl, he reflects back damage(ap when others kill them) and he needs like 15 to die.

This game Devs started to promote tanks in cyro because the vast majority of players here have 0 mmo experience and each time they die+outplayed the come whining for forum nerfs.

Let all cyrodiil be heavy armor staminator tanks because some people really rage when they get outplayed from somebody who can utilize well a glassy build +10 skills+30passives while they are entirely unable to do so.

And this game will be even more messed up because the majority of people happily PAY for this, theres a new threat that proves it
    Options
  • RighteousBacon
    RighteousBacon
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS don’t need to nerf heavy armor. They just need to buff medium (a lot) and light armor (a little).

Particularly medium needs help with survivablity

Light idk
    Options
  • Dashmatt
    Dashmatt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don’t really understand the line of thinking that you shouldn’t be able to do damage with Heavy Armor. Could you also argue that Medium and Light shouldn’t have access to defensive sets, like Fortified Brass, Impregnable etc?
    Izaki wrote: »
    How to fix heavy armor? Make sets like Seventh Legion, Armor Of Truth, Ravager, etc. medium armor. Boom. Nothing interesting left in heavy armor for dealing damage.

Okay, so you can just wear them as jewelry and weapons. What difference does that make? Besides making people redo their gear.

Armor balance has to come from passives. Heavy Armor passives are not over performing. Medium and Light may need a buff, but so much has changed on the PTS that I think we need to see how this all plays out.

Options
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dashmatt wrote: »
    I don’t really understand the line of thinking that you shouldn’t be able to do damage with Heavy Armor. Could you also argue that Medium and Light shouldn’t have access to defensive sets, like Fortified Brass, Impregnable etc?
    How to fix heavy armor? Make sets like Seventh Legion, Armor Of Truth, Ravager, etc. medium armor. Boom. Nothing interesting left in heavy armor for dealing damage.

Okay, so you can just wear them as jewelry and weapons. What difference does that make? Besides making people redo their gear.

Armor balance has to come from passives. Heavy Armor passives are not over performing. Medium and Light may need a buff, but so much has changed on the PTS that I think we need to see how this all plays out.

When a Heavy armor dishes out more or similar burst with a light/medium IS wrong since a heavy armor user DO NOT suffer from what the "glassy" builds are suffering from AND should be rewarded for taking the risk. The more wrong part is the glassy build has not even a slight change on pushing hard a GOOD heavy armor while they dont need to go defensively.

Now ex-skyrim players dont have reflexes neither the XP to counter all classes therefore they come in the forums whining about a glassy build killed them in 2 sec without knowing that glassy build can die by doing 1 mistake. ZoS stated they dont like glassy builds obviously because we have to make this game MORE skyrim-player friendly, therefore lets all put a heavy armor be able to make several mistakes and survive untill the zerg comes.
    Edited by Nicko_Lps on October 11, 2018 4:46PM
    Options
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Heavy has been nerfed 100 times. God sakes its 25% more resistances than medium without the bonus to dmg, sustain and movement you get in medium.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
    Options
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    Heavy has been nerfed 100 times. God sakes its 25% more resistances than medium without the bonus to dmg, sustain and movement you get in medium.

Barring any racial/class/guild buffs. With an optimal 5/1/1 set-up per weight.

The difference between Heavy and Medium is %5.8 mitigation to both Spell and Physical damage.

The difference between Heavy and light is %6.8 Spell and %8.1 Physical mitigation.

People crying are just spewing nonsense. They likely haven't done the math and lack the drive or knowledge to synergize their builds.
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
    Options
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They only reason Heavy is so good is because the servers are so bad.
    If the servers actually allowed for the proactive defenise than Medium would be great
    As is, this game is about eating the damage and recovering. Thats possible in Heavy and its possible with Damage Shields (aka Light)
    Medium is about not getting hit in the first place. However when you get hit by a Snipe or Meteor before the sound ever plays, you cant do that. When you are stuck standing in Stupid because it takes 3 Break Frees to actually break free, well than Heavy is just a better way to go.

It has nothing to do with Balance at all.
    7th is 629 Weapon Damage and 833 Crit
    Ravager 759 Weapon Damage, 833 Weapon Crit
    Fury is 879 Weapon Damage
    Hundings (5 med) 334 Weapon Damage, 3306 Weapon Crit
    Cleaver (5med) 875 Weapon Damage, 1640 Weapon Crit (Crushes 7th, Ravager and Fury with an extra Health stat too)
    Automation, Swap Raider, Sword Signer, Sword Dancer (5pc)are 592 Weapon Damage, and 2473 Weapon Crit
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

Options
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make everything dodgeable = medium is viable again.
    Options
  • Dashmatt
    Dashmatt
    ✭✭✭✭

When a Heavy armor dishes out more or similar burst with a light/medium IS wrong since a heavy armor user DO NOT suffer from what the "glassy" builds are suffering from AND should be rewarded for taking the risk. The more wrong part is the glassy build has not even a slight change on pushing hard a GOOD heavy armor while they dont need to go defensively.

Now ex-skyrim players dont have reflexes neither the XP to counter all classes therefore they come in the forums whining about a glassy build killed them in 2 sec without knowing that glassy build can die by doing 1 mistake. ZoS stated they dont like glassy builds obviously because we have to make this game MORE skyrim-player friendly, therefore lets all put a heavy armor be able to make several mistakes and survive untill the zerg comes.

Heavy does more damage than Light and Medium? In what universe?

Is this thread about heavy armor or the Fury set?
    Options
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Heavy by all means must NOT be nerfed, some sets of heavy armor are insanely overperforming. Sets are problem and their combinations + heavy + argonian ofc. NOT heavy armor.

In this universe and this planet earth and in this tamriel, if you know how to build it ofc.
    Options
  • Bitmun
    Bitmun
    ✭✭✭

Heavy by all means must NOT be nerfed, some sets of heavy armor are insanely overperforming. Sets are problem and their combinations + heavy + argonian ofc. NOT heavy armor.

In this universe and this planet earth and in this tamriel, if you know how to build it ofc.

Is Fury or 7th really OP, when I wear it in medium? I would say, no. You get high wd, as it should be. By wearing heavy you gain a little bit less damage and a little more healing. So what's the problem? I've found it! It seems to be like MEDIUM IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO USE IT! :P
    Options
  • Bitmun
    Bitmun
    ✭✭✭
    It is fun, when you see the damage increase of agility passive + dk's minor brutality up and think that it is going to be really cool to build a medium armor stam dk next patch, but then get a nerf to major expedition and realize that heavy becomes the only option again. :P
    Options
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a L2P issue. Just ignore folks like this. (The guy you quoted)

He's a magsorc that relies on shields. And still had issues with builds like this. You can clearly see where it's coming from. Just ignore him and move on.

And remember, Crack kills.
    Edited by Xeniph on October 11, 2018 7:43PM
    Here since Beta.

Options
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xeniph wrote: »

It's a L2P issue. Just ignore folks like this. (The guy you quoted)

He's a magsorc that relies on shields. And still had issues with builds like this. You can clearly see where it's coming from. Just ignore him and move on.

And remember, Crack kills.

Arent you the guy that calls people to check their aggression ? :trollface:

A magsorc has 1 shield, check how many defensive your class has + heals then come whine about shields like a classic forum baby you are ;)

If you think that a sorc can kill a well spec'ed tank hybrid warden, uninstall this game now boi :P
    Options
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bitmun wrote: »

Is Fury or 7th really OP, when I wear it in medium? I would say, no. You get high wd, as it should be. By wearing heavy you gain a little bit less damage and a little more healing. So what's the problem? I've found it! It seems to be like MEDIUM IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO USE IT! :P

To answer, no neither set is OP. In fact both sets are outshined by Clever Alchemist especially considering you can control the window.

What people are really complaining about is the survivability and the ability to do damage in windows. They lack the understanding of how to get around builds that have good sustain.

Most of these folks complaining blow their wad in the first 10 seconds of the engagement, get no where and run to the forums to cry nerf.
    Here since Beta.

Options
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dingding round 2 :lol:
    Still agree 100% with Xeniph
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
    Options
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xeniph wrote: »
    Bitmun wrote: »

To answer, no neither set is OP. In fact both sets are outshined by Clever Alchemist especially considering you can control the window.

What people are really complaining about is the survivability and the ability to do damage in windows. They lack the understanding of how to get around builds that have good sustain.

Most of these folks complaining blow their wad in the first 10 seconds of the engagement, get no where and run to the forums to cry nerf.

Because you seem to have serious L2P issues and understanding how this game works let me explain you and unblind you child.

Clever alchemist is very good, but CA is the same set that can be utilized for both magica and stamina builds. Therefore its automatically balanced. The big problem with it is that it mostly lines up well with ARGONIANS and SHINES. hue hue.

Now fury + 7thL + ravager + advancing yokeda are NOT balanced since they are only stamina sets, if the same sets exist for magica THEN they would be balanced. But instead of balancing it out, ZoS offered spell stategist in light armor you know why? Because people like you will be the first to cry in forums if they are hard countered while now they claim all is good and balanced and dont ask for nerfs because you ruin the game. Ill see you then.

Psst ward is 6 sec. What a perfect knowledge you have in this game

But as ive seen many non L2P nabs that seek the OP to be able to play, as much nabs like those i see defending the OP calling it "balanced"
    dingding round 2 :lol:
    Still agree 100% with Xeniph

Ofc you do, the same said above apply to you as well.

Round 2 engaged.
    Edited by Nicko_Lps on October 11, 2018 10:08PM
    Options
  • DemonDruaga
    DemonDruaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    People act like heavy armor gives 90k resis or so :) resistance difference between medium and heavy is already more of a joke than anything else.
    The passive boni of heavy fit melee brawler style gameplay, not your classic damage sponge tank. (So heavy /= tank, its various other choices that decide if one is a tank or not)
    If people cant take down heavy armor guys while beeing in medium i don't know what to say..
    I only change my setup to heavy when lag goes crazy and active defense isn't a thing, outside of that the higher crit and max wpn damage I can stack in medium gets the job always done a lot faster. But I only play no cp, maybe theres a difference :D
    Edited by DemonDruaga on October 11, 2018 10:16PM
    Ardor // Dunkelsicht // Pakt
    Options
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People act like heavy armor gives 90k resis or so :) resistance difference between medium and heavy is already more of a joke than anything else.
    The passive boni of heavy fit melee brawler style gameplay, not your classic damage sponge tank. (So heavy /= tank, its various other choices that decide if one is a tank or not)
    If people cant take down heavy armor guys while beeing in medium i don't know what to say..
    I only change my setup to heavy when lag goes crazy and active defense isn't a thing, outside of that the higher crit and max wpn damage I can stack in medium gets the job always done a lot faster. But I only play no cp, maybe theres a difference :D

Heavy is ok, but combining heavy armor with such dps sets like fury/7th/ravager/adVyokeda and on top of that an argonian makes things a bit messy.

While medium is has alot better dps output, players can counter medium if they know how. On heavy with the combo stated above its kinda cheesy. While wearing medium your damage taken is alot more + you cant block that much, you will be forced to go defensively at some point while on heavy with less dps output you will be not.
    Options
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »
    I have to use heavy on werewolf. Besides that, they caused the meta with all these nerfs.

Heavy has been king for as long as I remember and I have been pvp'ing a long time. Light and medium were already nearly pushed out before update 20

You also dont HAVE to use heavy on ww. If your ww is in heavy then its a tank and shouldnt be able to kill players either.

Dude I do. I am permawolf so I have to, to sus mag and reduce damage enough to heal out of it. It’s odd that I have 6 chars run med on all of them but have one werewolf in heavy.

I'm a perma wolf in medium. just use a mag set for weapons and jewelry like prisoner's rags or desert rose. that will allow you to go with damage sets for your other two.
    Options