Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Absolutely weird/ hilarious Character names

• ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only have one so far which is a khajiit named Que'sa-dilla
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite that I've see is Ned Stark's Head. I have no idea what that means, but it's hilarious.

When I finally made an Argonian all versions of "Carries A Big Stick" I could think of were already taken. Just as well. I would have been tempted to redo the whole Thieves Guild quest line just so he take Walks-Softly on a date.

What I did name him, which makes more sense if you recall recent science about dinosaurs, is Has-No-Feathers. Besides, his skin is fairly yellowish.

I had a similar problem. Wanted drinks like fish. Tried many different drinks like names and eventually settled on Swims Like Nord.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    robpr wrote: »
    Meet my Argonian healer, Barely-Heals.

If this was a Warden Argonian healer then the name would be almost perfect. Bearly-Heals.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The_Camper wrote: »
    Some of my chars:

Netflix-and-Heal (argonian templar healer)
    Not a Pact spy (a DC pvp nightblade)
    Flammenwerfer (Dunmer magDK)
    Dragon mybowlz all Knight (stamdk)
    Neck Romancer (magsorc with lich personality)

Neck Romancer, love it! hahaha
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Abigail
    Abigail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not really in to weird, cringe-worthy, or profane names, but I did name my rarely played Stam Warden Mallea Maleficarum, which history buffs and Latin readers will get as a feminized version of Malleus Maleficarum, which was a 15th Century primer on the identification and punishment of witches. It translates as Hammer of Witches or Witches' Hammer. I picked this obscure reference because she is my one and only non-magicka-using alt. And, yes, I am a history nerd.
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uranus-is-Bootiful
  • Fishoscandi
    Fishoscandi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bill Negates, a sorc :)
    Fishoscandi - Orc NB
    Cookie of Dough - Dunmer Templar
    Smells Like Tree Spirit - Bosmer Sorc

EU PC

• Hiskias
    Hiskias
    ✭✭
    I was amused by a guard in Sadrith Mora calling my khajiit a "tail-arsed s'wit", so I later made an argonian by that name.
    My orc is called Ylen Sankia Priha. 10 points to anyone who knows what that means, and an additional parrot badge for getting the reference.
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hiskias wrote: »
    I was amused by a guard in Sadrith Mora calling my khajiit a "tail-arsed s'wit", so I later made an argonian by that name.
    My orc is called Ylen Sankia Priha. 10 points to anyone who knows what that means, and an additional parrot badge for getting the reference.

@Hiskias Is that Finnish?
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • Hiskias
    Hiskias
    ✭✭

Eastern Karelian. It's from a Finnish book, though.
  • Hamish999
    Hamish999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have Stands-In Stoopid, an Argonian warden tank.
    And an Argonian bow/bow NB named Makes-Fier-Wrong, named after a friend and guildie, @fierackas, who said you never see bow/bow Argonian builds.
    Also have a bow/bow Argonian warden called Proves-Fier-Wrong :D
    Edited by Hamish999 on September 28, 2018 1:51PM
    PC-EU
    Do'Zahra - Khajiit - StamDK - AD
    Narese Telvanni - Dunmer - Petsorc - EP
    Anastasie Chastain - Breton - Magplar - DC
    Gashnakh the Lusty - Orc - Stamsorc - AD
    Stands-In-Stoopid - Argonian - Warden Tank - AD
    Talia al-Morwha - Redguard - Stamden - AD
    Makes-Fier-Wrong - Argonian - Stamblade - AD
    Busty-Argonian-Maid - Argonian - Templar Healer - AD
    Alaru Telvanni - Dunmer - Stamplar - AD
    Ko'Raehsi - Khajiit - Magsorc - AD
    Torhild Rock-Chucker - Nord - StamDK - AD
    Drusilla Larouche - Breton - MagDK - AD
    Ko'Khanni - Khajiit - Magden - AD
    Ilithyia Ectorius - Imperial - DK Tank -AD
    Rosara Laumont - Breton - Warden Healer - AD
    Do'Darri - Khajiit - Stam Arcanist - AD

Keyboard and mouse FTW!
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ah! Unknown soldier... Had to reach way back in the brain for that one. Something like "young chubby boy?"
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • Hiskias
    Hiskias
    ✭✭

Ah! Unknown soldier... Had to reach way back in the brain for that one. Something like "young chubby boy?"

If you didn't look it up then you earned your 10 points and parrot badge :) Well done in any case. Minor correction: "quite a chubby lad (boy)" - and so is my orc, ofc.
  • cHIIMEERa
    cHIIMEERa
    ✭✭✭
    Only comedic ones I have are:

Dragonknight named Gandalf the Barbarian

This one cracked me up :)

“Good judgement is the result of experience and experience the result of bad judgement.” ― Mark Twain
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If you didn't look it up then you earned your 10 points and parrot badge :) Well done in any case. Minor correction: "quite a chubby lad (boy)" - and so is my orc, ofc.

We read it at University actually. Quite a perspective on war and propaganda. Hats off to you for making me remember!
  • yiasemi
    yiasemi
    ✭✭✭✭
    One of my oldest characters is an Imperial called *** Vulgara. I like to be upfront and lore-friendly.
    I did have another couple of similar Imperial latin phrases for what two bored ladies of the Imperial city might get up to if the inclination took them which were never banned but eventually retired. Stick to Latin Greek or biological, our modern education systems ensure that no one ever gets offended.
    Edit but apparently the forum does. Oh my. Ah well.
    Edited by yiasemi on September 28, 2018 8:10AM
  • yiasemi
    yiasemi
    ✭✭✭✭
    vometia wrote: »
    Probably not terribly imaginative, but my difficult to name wood elf ended up being called Laewnmowir. Mainly as I was listening to Lawnmower Deth at the time (I hasten to add that I'm not a metal head, I just find them randomly amusing).
    You sir / madam get an awesome for good taste.
    [/quote]
    Ah, you know her too well I see! :D
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    adirondack wrote: »
    Favorite name I've seen, still. Still great, after all these years.

George W. Ambush

Saddam Sustain
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »
    My favourite, zone salt spamming char:

Your-Ex (stamNB)

Just because it looks good on death recaps and when the game tells you "your ex wants to reassurect you" "nah, thanks, I'm better dead - declined"

^^ Winner
  • RavenRoxie
    RavenRoxie
    ✭✭✭✭
    BigBragg wrote: »
    2iubrv.jpg
    Bangkok Reach Around
    tenor.gif

Edited by RavenRoxie on September 28, 2018 9:10AM
    Phantogram DC | Wood Elf | Magicka Nightblade/ | DPS | 856cp
    False Paradox | AD | Wood Elf | Non Combative Nightblade | Crafter | 856cp
    @RoxieParadoxx | Twitch | Twitter
  • ImmortalElf13
    ImmortalElf13
    ✭✭✭
    Made a Khajiit StamWarden the day it came out and obviously didn't know how to play a Warden, so I named her Poorly Trained.
    Also have an Argonian chef called Cooks-the-Books.
    Pulchra floralibus mitram iuro, tibi desinet.
  • Namarkas
    Namarkas
    ✭✭✭
    Not mine, but still makes me smile whenever I see my buddy logging on with them :)

Emetic Ursula
    Violent Coprinus
  • Ecileh71
    Ecileh71
    ✭✭✭
    I ran a dungeon last night with...Manflu.

I tried to name my newest character Susan B Agony, but it munged it all together and now I'm Susanbagony.
  • troomar
    troomar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some of my chars:
    Neck Romancer (magsorc with lich personality)

Funny, I have a character caller R*dneck Romancer.

EDIT: Whoa, my character's name is banned on this forum :D
    Edited by troomar on September 28, 2018 5:14PM
    Yes.
  • Madhattr64
    Madhattr64
    ✭✭✭
    Farenheit Four Fifty One - my flame DK

Lizzy Borden - dual axe wielder.

• vometia
    vometia
    ✭✭✭
    yiasemi wrote: »
    You sir / madam get an awesome for good taste.
    Ah, you know her too well I see! :D
    Huh, "madam" makes me feel like I'm about 50! Oh, wait...

I'm still amused that Qualcast Mutilator finally got to do his duet with Kim Wilde, though!
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not one of mine, but I once saw an Argonian running around Riften named "Sits on Stinkhorn"...
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • Esha76
    Esha76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a Khajiit Stamsorc from way back shortly after launch: Skooma Steve (Shadowheart).

Had to add the last name as someone had already taken Skooma Steve.

I also created Carl Brutananadilewski one time, Breton and looked just like him, just because I could.
    "There is no moisture in your angry stares." - Laughs-at-All
    "I don't know why I bother guarding you horrible people." - Orama Sadas
    "Scales here is about to have a really bad day..." - Valeric
    "Just tell me what you're doing here before I turn your heart into a tomato..." - Sereyne
    "Break those rocks! Dig those ditches! Why??? Because I want you to!!!" - Ifriz the Unraveller
    "There are worse masters than I. Far worse." - Molag Bal
    "I humiliated the Daedra in Mehrunes Spite." - You, when turning in a specific Undaunted Daily.
    "I'm not finding you very pleasant!" - Adla the Brewer
    "Old Ri'hirr likes his birds slow and stupid!" - Old Ri'hirr
    "When things get dirty... Oh, I get so flustered." - Meredil the Archivist
    "Too many Argonians about these days..." - Davon's Watch Guard (though I think this one has been removed from game)
  • RavenRoxie
    RavenRoxie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ecileh71 wrote: »
    I ran a dungeon last night with...Manflu.

I tried to name my newest character Susan B Agony, but it munged it all together and now I'm Susanbagony.

ROFL this is beautiful
    Phantogram DC | Wood Elf | Magicka Nightblade/ | DPS | 856cp
    False Paradox | AD | Wood Elf | Non Combative Nightblade | Crafter | 856cp
    @RoxieParadoxx | Twitch | Twitter
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I once had a Breton mage called Lady Camelia Pucker-Bowel.

She was replaced by Patsy Stone.