The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Update 20 - Feedback Thread for Sorcerer

• Camb0Sl1ce
    Camb0Sl1ce
    ✭✭✭
    a cast time...on shields...really
  • Witar
    Witar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If gilliam has something to do with that - fire him, but beat him with clubs first. Nothing less will suffice.
    It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
    Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt,
    It lies behind stars and under hills,
    And empty holes it fills,
    It comes first and follows after,
    Ends life, kills laughter.
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So who is the class representative?
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    grannas211 wrote: »
    So who is the class representative?

I second this
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    I'm a shield hater but these are way over the top. Conjured Ward should not have a cast time. Nuke harness and healing but leave Conjured alone.

I could definitely see this the other way around.

That way Wardens don’t have a cast time either

Wardens have like 15 different defensive abilities.
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I as a magsorc approve almost all of the changes, including light armor ones and shields. Edit here: Totally except the 1 second cast time lol, that's not acceptable in any way.

Only thing i'd like to see reworked is Bound Aegis max magicka buff.

You removed the 3rd skill bar that comes with Overload, which, considering overall changes is a good thing. But sorcs need a little compensation for losing a whole bar, especially thinking slots have always been a problem for them.

Please take the %8 magicka buff from a skill we'll never use, and make it a class skill line passive. Nightblades get their %8 max magicka by slotting Funnel Health, so sorcs should have it as a passive for slotting an actually useful class skill (i'd put my bet on Crystal Frags, but could also be Mage's Wrath or Curse, all three are from different trees).

Kind regards and thx for the best patch so far by the looks of it.
    Edited by themaddaedra on September 17, 2018 10:28PM
    PC|EU
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What our representatives have to say about this?
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Akimbro
    Akimbro
    ✭✭✭✭
    With the changes to overload, shouldn't the cost of each overload light attack be reduced too?
    ALACRITY Emperors united RIP
    LAST PRODIGIES World first SO clear RIP

The last egg in the carton.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Witar wrote: »
    WTF, zos? 1 second cast time to harness? Crits on shields? Are you f*king kidding? THAT is not balance.
    Also changes to overload will completely destroy overload gankers. You want everyone to play stamina or something?

your right, its not balance, its the gutting of a class
  • Alaztor91
    Alaztor91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imo the change making shields affected by crits is not that bad , I mean they will benefit from armor/spell resistances and I guess that from block mitigation too, I was already using impen in PvP so I guess it doesn't hurts that much .

But adding a 1 second cast time to damage shields is ABSURD, there is no other way to describe it, shields MELT when faced against 2 or more players, even 1 decent player can break them before their duration runs out(specially in No-CP). They also don't prevent cc effects like dodge roll(unless it's a undodgeable skill) and block(unless its a unblockable skill).

Light armor users(sorcs specially) have no other form of defense apart from damage shields in PvP and the increased shield duration won't help them, since they will break just as fast when under pressure and you will die before being able to recast them. Seriously just think about adding a 1 second delay to dodge roll or blocking and you will understand how absurd this change is.

I BEG that you reconsider adding a cast time to damage shields, if you want to prevent shield stacking(which no one likes)
    just make shields a minor/major buff, I mean you just did that with the new evasion buff which now reduces area damage.
    Edited by Alaztor91 on September 17, 2018 5:43PM
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Witar wrote: »
    If gilliam has something to do with that - fire him, but beat him with clubs first. Nothing less will suffice.

however had something to do with this needs to be fired, ANYONE who looked at this and said ok this seems like balance Anyone that agreed to this
  • Heymexa
    Heymexa
    ✭✭✭
    After changing the magic shields:

Dear developers. My views look like this:

1. I propose to remove the opportunity to become invisible in the Nightblade class.
    2. I suggest removing all the abilities to heal from the Templar and Warden classes.
    3. I propose to remove all the fire damage abilities of Dragonknight class. Remove the opportunity to use the shield.

Sorcerer in PVP. RIP. 17.09.2018.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think they understand that the cast time on shields will screw up all magicka people in PvE. Our main defense against almost ALL mechanics in trials and dungeons. The crit change was enough.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • MarcoPolo184
    MarcoPolo184
    ✭✭
    The cost decrease of pet sorc abilities sounds like a bad joke. Pet sorcs even run blue food as they can sustain their rotation with heavy attacks whereas non pet sorcs need to hunt every orb they see. Reducing the costs for pet DoTs and daedric prey shows a certain lack of understanding why sorcs asked for better sustain
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay. Yeah. No. You guys went a little bit overboard.

A cast duration? Yeeeeeah, noooo, revert that. Crit? Maybe revert that too, overload is allready a big nerf. Shields were a problem in PVP, I understand that, but this...is going a bit too far.

At the very least: Choose. Critable shields or shields having a cast time. Each on their own is a good way to reduce fight times but both is just unreasonable, pick one and stick with it. Personally I like critable shields. Since their now subject to armor it gives them a bit more meat but yeah, remove the cast time. Cast time is bad.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on September 17, 2018 6:11PM
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Heymexa wrote: »
    After changing the magic shields:

Dear developers. My views look like this:

1. I propose to remove the opportunity to become invisible in the Nightblade class.
    2. I suggest removing all the abilities to heal from the Templar and Warden classes.
    3. I propose to remove all the fire damage abilities of Dragonknight class. Remove the opportunity to use the shield.

Sorcerer in PVP. RIP. 17.09.2018.

no man, nerf wars is not the way to play this. the other classes did nothing to us, forum trolls maybe but not the ppl who play the classes themselves. every class deserves to be strong, fun and worth playing
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think they understand that the cast time on shields will screw up all magicka people in PvE. Our main defense against almost ALL mechanics in trials and dungeons. The crit change was enough.

monsters dont crit in pve
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc needs one shield to be instant cast, but maybe less shield value.

But at the same time, it should grant a self-burst heal instead of that damn pet with major protection somewhere in their kit.

That would be my initial thoughts on butchering their only defense mechanic in order to make PVE challenging.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I know everyone's busy pooping their pants over Ward changes, but ...

Is there *anything* for a PvE stamsorc in these patch notes? Seems like they got completely overlooked again.
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think we may have a patch that is more widely hated than the Morrowind sustain nerfs. lol
    Edited by The_Lex on September 17, 2018 6:33PM
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think we may have a patch that is more widely hated than the Morrowind sustain nerds. lol

this makes the morrowind notes look like a joke
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Big thanks to class rep for bringing Magicka Sorc to knees, why not just simply put ban on Mag Sorc in PVP
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd also like to add a long and well deserved laugh at everyone who insisted that we 'give zos a chance, wait until you see their steaming pile before calling it garbage'
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »
    I think we may have a patch that is more widely hated than the Morrowind sustain nerds. lol

this makes the morrowind notes look like a joke

Exactly my thoughts. With Morrowind, they gutted sustain. With Murkmire, they gutted a class.
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, remember when long time ago they changed hunting curse and y'all lost your bananers?

Well....

I think this is an appropriate time to lose all your bananas.

Remain vigilant on your feedback and don't lose hope. this is only the first week of PTS and blah blah blah. We all know how this goes..... Buy week 3 or 4 they will implement balance changes....

Cheers,

THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since I don't need to care anymore from now on. I am openly saying, I am going to sell my account. Ban me if you wish.
    I've never said this before but I am done with this non-sense. Observing this pts cycle will be my last move and then it's time to move on from this destructive nerf fest.

Dramatically dissapointed by the class reps and the new combat designer. Absolute failure.
    Edited by Dracane on September 17, 2018 6:01PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Big thanks to class rep for bringing Magicka Sorc to knees, why not just simply put ban on Mag Sorc in PVP

class rep program isnt responsible, this is zos combat. Ive talked to at least one class rep. Zos didnt listen to a thing they said this patch note
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CavalryPK wrote: »
    Hey guys, remember when long time ago they changed hunting curse and y'all lost your bananers?

Well....

I think this is an appropriate time to lose all your bananas.

Remain vigilant on your feedback and don't lose hope. this is only the first week of PTS and blah blah blah. We all know how this goes..... Buy week 3 or 4 they will implement balance changes....

Cheers,

You forgot to mention the last minute changes that never make it to the notes.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templars coming in for support for sorcs. We want to lend you our reps and feedback crew to help ;)
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been completely annoyed by Sorc mains claims of being a high skill cap, and always pretending they don't have enough while having everything....but...cast time on shields? That's a little extreme. Still, I'd like to give people a chance to play with it on PTS rather than just rage against the end of what they're accustomed to.