The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

RIP my beloved Sorc

Feanor
Feanor
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Overload 3rd bar gone but no real ultimate rework instead (oh we can weave OL attacks now, wohoo, looking forward to how clunky that will be), shields have 1 sec cast time now, and can be crit (oh, my light Armour resistances count too now, great! Gonna need Fortifying Brass and 7 impen now) and Conversion is a trash siphoning strikes now.

GG. Well done ZOS.
Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :'(
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm stoked. Awesome changes! No sarcasm. For real, bravo! :smiley:
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Casting shields is going to be so clunky. I can already tell i will not be loving this mechanic. Was really enjoying my sorc in pvp this patch as well. What a shame.
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now magsorcs will go out of pvp. Good luck NB and DK with hide and seek games.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    I'm stoked. Awesome changes! No sarcasm. For real, bravo! :smiley:

Who would have guessed the Nightblades gonna party tonight? It was so surprising they totally trashed another class.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile:

Grim Focus:
    Fully-Charged Heavy Attacks now grant 2 stacks towards the spectral bow proc for this ability and its morphs.

Oh yeah. 5 light attacks was too restricting.
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Terrible. I can live with everything but the cast time. What an awful "fix".
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A cast time on shields. They dropped the ball so hard, it's now a disc.

I mean, seriously, I expected something bad to happen. But a cast time on wards, ...

I might be done.
    Edited by Bergzorn on September 17, 2018 5:04PM
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • SergeantPink
    SergeantPink
    ✭✭✭
    I think the changes are great. Finally sorcs have to worry about face tanking tons of damage. Yeah, all the sorc players will have to adjust their play style, but at least it won’t be blatantly over preforming now.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the changes are great. Finally sorcs have to worry about face tanking tons of damage. Yeah, all the sorc players will have to adjust their play style, but at least it won’t be blatantly over preforming now.

All the Sorc players will just finally switch to NB.
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we've removed a few nonconstructive and baiting comments. This is a reminder to keep your posts in line with the forum rules. Comments that are in violation, will result in account actions. Posts need to remain civil and constructive, otherwise, you may jeopardize your account. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • jeskah
    jeskah
    ✭✭✭
    Hm, dark exchange will be instant now? If yes, it will be a good change imho. Otherwise its a pvp nerf.
    Overload... Could be frekking powerful, if working properly.
    Shields in general are dead imho. This game punishes cast time skills.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shields weren't the problem. I mean they have 3 sets (Sloads, Knight Slayer and Shield Breaker) and a CP to put points into to help if you are having issues with them. I just don't know how I feel about this change. It seems Sorcs were already falling down the list of classes and took a big hit.

I will have to test this to see what it impacts play.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Allowing shields to be critted was enough of a change for shield users to not be so strong. Adding a 1 second cast time is ridiculous. How to screw over pvers in 1 step.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • keevil111
    keevil111
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs are easy to kill anyways.

Now when I see one I'll just target someone else. LOL

Let the lowbies make sorc chops out of them!

PS4 NA
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be ok with non crit and a cast, or maybe with a streak buff. I can imagine Crit builds breaking shields so quickly without any escape tool.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • CrazYDunm3r
    CrazYDunm3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    They don't deserve an explanation why the patch notes suck anymore, at this points they should actually read their feedback from months. This PTS is *** and most feedback will probably be ignored again.
    YouTube
    Triggered Tryhards
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if it was intended to gut a class, well done.

for the first time, after all these years and many many dollars, i'm seriously considering dropping this game for good.

not that the company cares, ofc; they've got my money.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cast times suck in PvE. Always have, I kinda thought they would put a DR or a short lockout on spamming shields over and over. Would have prefered that imo. No more block casting shield spam I guess?

The change to dark exchange is really great though. I might deslot my...Sorc shield....and use that instead.

Maybe decrease the stam cost? <Mag user>

Edited by karekiz on September 17, 2018 5:15PM
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cast time on shield? No change to frag CC, no instant crystal blast? Dark deal nerf? Rune cage even more telegraphed?

Can I have class change token, ZoS? I’m done with it. Just take my money so I can play something viable on my main.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really love how they add a bit of salt to the fresh wound:
    It now reduces the effectiveness of snares applied to you by 1/2/4% per piece of Light Armor worn, and reduces the cost of Sprint by 1/2/3% per piece of Light Armor worn.
    Developer Comment:
    Spoiler
    All these changes are aimed at making Light Armor more attractive to Magicka users in both PvE and PvP scenarios.

Quite attractive. Oh yeah.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    omg..

Massive changes.. Huge.. All PVP sorcs are gonna have to be completely rebuilt..

So much change I honestly don't know if its a buff or a nerf... 1 second cast time for shields? idk, they were never truly instant anyway.. plenty of times where a dodge was needed cos you knew you wouldn't shield quick enough.
    But resists counting on shields.. That's potentially a huge buff - just a shame it didn't come with the sustain to use heavy-armour.. All the sustain buffs being for pve (pets) :-(
    Sounds like more impen needed now, which could mean dropping well-fitted = more sustain pain for stam too.

Weaveable overload? but a 50% dmg drop.. I honestly don't know how this will compare with current light-attack damage.. Oo! can I play DW again?

Need to have a good think about what kind of builds I could run now before I can figure out how it will play out..

Not really a fan of the cage change.. the problem with sorc burst = vs a decent player = telegraphed so too avoidable - cage changes nothing as its now telegraphed - so not worth slotting on my (more limited) bar. Vs the kind of players that cage will hit? Well, the burst will hit them anyway, so cage not needed.

Edited by Biro123 on September 17, 2018 5:20PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • CrazYDunm3r
    CrazYDunm3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't even play sorc and find this utterly ridiculous.
    Edited by CrazYDunm3r on September 17, 2018 5:17PM
    YouTube
    Triggered Tryhards
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the point of removing the third bar from Overload? That was one of the few remaining features a StamSorc had.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wonder if anyone ever actually left the game because of these changes. All I see is a bunch of whining with very little arguments.

Meta changes, builds changes, balance changes. Get. Over. It.

Adapt and survive.
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And they said that no cool-downs on skills were the best part of this game. So much for that community BS. RIP sorc!
  • SergeantPink
    SergeantPink
    ✭✭✭
    What's the point of removing the third bar from Overload? That was one of the few remaining features a StamSorc had.

I don’t like this change either. That extra bar was a cool unique and strategic gameplay option for sorcs. I don’t think it was over preforming at all. I do like that weapon abilities can be used now.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I don’t like this change either. That extra bar was a cool unique and strategic gameplay option for sorcs. I don’t think it was over preforming at all. I do like that weapon abilities can be used now.

Yeah, I'd have preferred it to be a morph choice.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Question..

I can't remember, but have a feeling that ele weapon doesn't work with overload... If so, wouldn't it make ele weapon completely useless with the new overload?
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    RIP my beloved Sorc
    Hyperbole much?

Some of us have already adapted ...
    rolleyes.gif

PS: I have lost count of how many times a class has been declared dead. And yet here we are, 5 years later, still playing.