The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

DK Fossilize, the next cc that needs to Die

• WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artemiisia wrote: »
    RobZha wrote: »
    well when they leave sorcs alone, last 8 patches they nerfed sorc sorcs sorcs

now DKs fossilize needs to be nerfed too, to the same level as rune cage

Like was already said : try playing DK for a while before being so into this then come back and tell us what you think.

I have a max level dk, its easy to get close to targets as dk, chains, 2handers, 1h/shield all gap closers

actually ahve 14 maxed chars, played since beta, where DKs could tank 20 people in cyrodil laughin

in your dream or you smoking crystal meth?
    Edited by WaltherCarraway on August 20, 2018 6:37PM
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • HankTwo
    HankTwo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was fine when they nerf rune cage to 3.5sec and made them dodgeble, now this extra nerf they decided to do making it only 2sec, is uncalled for and totally unnecessary since, its so easy to break free from it, if you out of stamnia in my opnion when you get hit by the rune cage, you deserve a punishment which is brings. And you dont suffer any damage at all from it if you break free, which means sorcs wasted the magicka it cost to cast it

Fossilize, has immobilizing, stun, damage over time, roots and longer cc time than any other cc ingame, this needs a fix, and fast

and again it dont matter its a melee skill, since you wont cast it anyways if it was range, unless you are magicka DK, otherwise DKs has the best gap closer in the game chains, that dont cost anything if it dont work, givin you using the right morph of it.

Its not even about rune cage, tell me about any other cc ingame thats this strong now as DKs Fossilize, there is non that even comes close to it, in any classes, world skills and so on

Fossilize behaves like it currently does for almost a year now but right after the rune cage nerf you come to the forums and say 'it needs a fix and fast'? So guess what, I don't believe you when you say this isn't about the rune cage nerf. Otherwise, why did you never ask for both abilities to be nerfed when rune cage was still incredible strong?

Edit: It's also simply not true that fossilize has a damage over time effect and the longest cc time. On top of that: immobilizing and root is the same thing as mentioned earlier.
    Edited by HankTwo on August 20, 2018 6:58PM
    PC EU
    Stam DK, Magden, Magplar, Stamcro, Hybrid Sorc, Magblade & Mag DK
  • DemonDruaga
    DemonDruaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well since you guys killed the rune cage, then its time to kill fossilize also

this skill requires two skills to counter, no other skill do that

time to nerf this also

It is your fault to let us slow ass dks catch up to you
    Edited by DemonDruaga on August 20, 2018 9:12PM
    Ardor // Dunkelsicht // Pakt
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since rune cage got nerfed. Fossilize really needs to be nerfed. It's like incap for the nightblades. It is loaded with too much.

Hard and soft CCs that can not be blocked or dodge.
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Urvoth wrote: »
    GawdSB wrote: »
    You salty sorcs still don't understand balancing. You think "hur our my OP skill got nerfed, so the other class surely is OP for having a skill like it"

No, start using your brains... Let's compare these two classes.

Shield stacking? DKs have this? Oh no that's a sorc thing.
    Execute (that goes off automatically)? Oh would you looky there, DKs don't have an execute in sight.
    Mobility? Oh, silly me DKs don't even know what mobility is such a slow and clunky class.
    Delayed and timed burst that can instakill the exact instance a rune cage is set? You guessed it, nope Dks don't have that either.

So, stop crying. Without fossilize DKs which are already always getting nerfed and has been mid to bottom tier for some time now in PVP would be exceptionally worst off than Sorcs are now. If you want to base DKs skills off other classes, give us an execute, and all the extra special stuff that comes along with using the other classes. :smile:

Oh and rune cage could stun you and have a sorc kill you from half way across the map. That's not happing with a dk.

DKs can shield stack if they want to. Harness magicka AND Healing ward are both available to DKs. Sorcs need to shield stack as they will die in 2 hits otherwise. DKs do not, and are tanky enough just from class abilities. They don't need burst or an execute with the insane damage numbers they can pull. If there is a decent DK in your BG match, you can basically guarantee they will be top of the scoreboard damage wise. Plus, they have wings which fully counters a lot of ranged builds.

what a load of bull

OP please L2P if you died to dk while on magsorc just go delete your character kthx

Someone sounds extra salty. How is any of that not correct? You obviously don't play BGs or are just clueless.
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You salty sorcs still don't understand balancing. You think "hur our my OP skill got nerfed, so the other class surely is OP for having a skill like it"

Execute (that goes off automatically)? Oh would you looky there, DKs don't have an execute in sight.
    Mobility? Oh, silly me DKs don't even know what mobility is such a slow and clunky class.
    Delayed and timed burst that can instakill the exact instance a rune cage is set? You guessed it, nope Dks don't have that either.

So, stop crying. Without fossilize DKs which are already always getting nerfed and has been mid to bottom tier for some time now in PVP would be exceptionally worst off than Sorcs are now. If you want to base DKs skills off other classes, give us an execute, and all the extra special stuff that comes along with using the other classes. :smile:

Oh and rune cage could stun you and have a sorc kill you from half way across the map. That's not happing with a dk.

DKs can shield stack if they want to. Harness magicka AND Healing ward are both available to DKs. Sorcs need to shield stack as they will die in 2 hits otherwise. DKs do not, and are tanky enough just from class abilities. They don't need burst or an execute with the insane damage numbers they can pull. If there is a decent DK in your BG match, you can basically guarantee they will be top of the scoreboard damage wise. Plus, they have wings which fully counters a lot of ranged builds.

what a load of bull

OP please L2P if you died to dk while on magsorc just go delete your character kthx

Someone sounds extra salty. How is any of that not correct? You obviously don't play BGs or are just clueless.

someone couldn't handle the fact lol.
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭

what a load of bull

Please don't talk nonsense crap about dk if you haven't played one thank you.
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭

what a load of bull

you folks gonna nerf block again btw, good jorb

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/431310/near-immortal-tanks-introduced-update-19/p1

i couldve dgaf bout both dk and sorc but then go pew pee on magnb instead.

stupid threads good luck on seeping them both with your mlg pro attitude. lol
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

what a load of bull

someone couldn't handle the fact lol.

What fact? All my points are correct. Go into a BG and look at the end of game scoreboard. DKs consistently have the highest damage output, which is fine, but they don't need a class execute with a consistent damage output that high. Even then, they can just use bloodthirsty on one of their jewelry pieces and get an execute without losing bar space.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Either all classes need a hard CC that's undodgeable/unblockable or no class does imo.

Executes and CCs number 1 class divider

Then evasion/mitigation (cloak, Shields, block, dodge)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »
    Sure. Give us shieldstacking and give us 41m range on fossilize.

You can already stack healing ward and harness magicka, except if you have better alternatives ?

Well ok, maybe they can make fossilize 41 meters, make it dodgeable, make it 2 sec stun and remove the root, if this is what you want. ( oh and make it cost 3K magicka like rune cage ).
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The 8 meter range and the actual ability to break free from it seems pretty fine to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nerf dizzying swing, I saw a dk kill somebody with it. #nothumbsnoproblems
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HankTwo wrote: »
    Fossilize behaves like it currently does for almost a year now but right after the rune cage nerf you come to the forums and say 'it needs a fix and fast'?

why not? both fossilize and rc were born in a clockwork patch. let em die together peacefully now. dont cry just let em go
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's not that OP as you think. Immobilize immune have easy access via skills. They also buffed a set where you heal for crazy amount when you are slowed or immobilized. Fossilize cannot be casted if the target has cc immune, which mean you can't rely on the skill to get the earthen heart passives. This was actually an issue for me when I was running a HP regen build, and didn't have use for igneous shield, where I multiple times didn't get the ult regen, stam or minor brutality after a gapclose.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • GawdSB
    GawdSB
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hahaha, this is bunch of crap and you know it.

“You don’t need burst or an execute”, yea we need fossilize otherwise we’d be helpless and need those two things. NOT because we have insane damag as you say. Hence why sorcs don’t need runecage.
  • HankTwo
    HankTwo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HankTwo wrote: »
    Fossilize behaves like it currently does for almost a year now but right after the rune cage nerf you come to the forums and say 'it needs a fix and fast'?

why not? both fossilize and rc were born in a clockwork patch. let em die together peacefully now. dont cry just let em go

I was specifically talking to the OP who claimed this was not about the rune cage nerfs.
    PC EU
    Stam DK, Magden, Magplar, Stamcro, Hybrid Sorc, Magblade & Mag DK
  • GawdSB
    GawdSB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Either all classes need a hard CC that's undodgeable/unblockable or no class does imo.

There’s a lot of things classes have that others don’t. Classes should be unique, while still all capable of filling the same roles. Not all the same as you’re suggesting.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lamiai wrote: »
    Can everyone stop asking for nerfs please on every skill/ class/ playstyle...just stop. Also try playing DK, then come back and talk about nerfs if you must.

Lollerskates! Right after all sorc CC is nerfed, of course xD
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nerf fall damage!
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There’s a lot of things classes have that others don’t. Classes should be unique, while still all capable of filling the same roles. Not all the same as you’re suggesting.

I didn't say all skills should be the same.

I do think important, key defining game mechanics, need to be accessible (another important word) to all classes.

A hard CC, in PvP, is the single most important ability in game. If you do not have access to one, your class is instantly subpar.

This is why no matter how bad cage or reach are, people force room to incorporate it, one is needed.

You can even have *how the class has accessibility be unique by class. I.e. Petrify vs Fear

Edit: or none have them, cuz that's pretty much the same as everyone having one
    Edited by Waffennacht on August 20, 2018 8:50PM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • The_Brosteen
    The_Brosteen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

what a load of bull

Yea! L2P! It's not like Dks have a skill that hard counters almost all ranged attacks mag sorcs use.

Wait a second....
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »
    Sure. Give us shieldstacking and give us 41m range on fossilize.

You can use harness and healing ward
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "OThEr clASSes can ShiELD StaCK ToO!!111'

- yet another proof that all those sorc mains QQing on this forum have never attempted to play another class. Just because it's technically possible doesn't mean it's viable.
    Edited by ccmedaddy on August 20, 2018 10:11PM
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It isn't just enough that the skill is 8m range which won't fire when a pebble is in the way or against any classes with mobility or Swift to move out of range? When we are back to Bat+Standard with infinite reflect meta, we will consider it.
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on August 20, 2018 11:34PM
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Zer0oo wrote: »
    rune cage = sorc skill -> OP

fossilize a.k.a rune cage on steroids = dk skill -> please buff

You know rune was literally petdify on roids yes? Like they had the same icon in recap, rune just got double damage and like 500% of foss range.

It never had the immobilize though, and that's the important part that sets it apart.

It just had three times the range instead. Come on dude, comparing pre-nerf Rune Cage to current Fossilize is just dumb and you all know it.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You know rune was literally petdify on roids yes? Like they had the same icon in recap, rune just got double damage and like 500% of foss range.

It never had the immobilize though, and that's the important part that sets it apart.

It just had three times the range instead. Come on dude, comparing pre-nerf Rune Cage to current Fossilize is just dumb and you all know it.

Would you want petrify to have the range but could be dodged?

Plus.... As a DK... Wtf would you do with a stunned opponent 28m away?

Obviously DKs don't want range, so to say cage was better than fossilize because of range is :eyeroll:
    Edited by Waffennacht on August 20, 2018 11:24PM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Every class needs some way to pressure a blocking opponent through CC or damage, and every class does:
    • NB: Fear
    • DK: Fossilize
    • Sorc: Curse
    • Templar: Purifying Light/POTL
    • Warden: Sub Assault/Deep Fissure

Magic sorc with a pre-nerf Rune Cage was an outlier, because it had both unblockable burst damage (Curse) and an unblockable stun (Rune Cage) whereas no other class has access to both (excluding niche skills that nobody really uses like vamp's drain or ultimates like Permafrost.) The skill was overperforming and it got nerfed accordingly.
    Edited by arkansas_ESO on August 20, 2018 11:26PM

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Every class needs some way to pressure a blocking opponent through CC or damage, and every class does:
    • NB: Fear
    • DK: Fossilize
    • Sorc: Curse
    • Templar: Purifying Light/POTL
    • Warden: Sub Assault/Deep Fissure

Magic sorc with a pre-nerf Rune Cage was an outlier, because it had both unblockable burst damage (Curse) and an unblockable stun (Rune Cage) whereas no other class has access to both (excluding niche skills that nobody really uses like vamp's drain or ultimates like Permafrost.) The skill was overperforming and it got nerfed accordingly.

I disagree with your premise that an unblockable CC and unblockable damage are even remotely comparable.

I also disagree Fear and Deep Fissure are even close to comparable

Rune Cage has nothing specifically to do with what I said
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Would you want petrify to have the range but could be dodged?

Plus.... As a DK... Wtf would you do with a stunned opponent 28m away?

Obviously DKs don't want range, so to say cage was better than fossilize because of range is :eyeroll:

No lol. The counter to DK is to range them. The reason an unblockable CC wouldn't work with the sorc class is that you both can't have a long range, unblockable CC as that's OP, but to give them a melee one would make it not fit with the rest of their toolkit. Rune Cage was never going to be balanced on sorc.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
This discussion has been closed.