The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Near immortal tanks - introduced update 19

Universe
Universe
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hello,
Since update 19 I have noticed many occasions in which player tanks in PVP got to near immortal state(PC EU Vivec).
20+ players were not able to kill a tank, several times even when using siege against him.
The tank just blocked all damage and used the psijic skill line ability meditate while taking damage.
The players did interrupt the meditate.
While meditate is powerful this is not the main issue and something(set/passive ability/other) is bugged/broken.
It wasn't just one occasion/one player, there were several players exploiting it.

I believe there is a broken set and/or abilities that should be fixed.
Hist bark used to give 100% dodge chance until ZOS fixed it, maybe now there is other set which provide great boost to tanks.
If you noticed it too, please report the exploiters to ZOS and if you know what sets and/or broken abilities they were using, report it too.
No player should be able to hold off 20+ players forever, something is clearly broken.
Edited by Universe on August 18, 2018 3:16PM
Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
Started playing ESO in beta & early access
User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Defile + Penetration and less light attack spamm
    Options
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tanks are OP in pvp.

My stam nb with spriggans and bone pirate has been unable to kill tanks for months. Last night i fought a tank for almost 10 minutes, throwing everything I could. The most I could do was take him to 10%, at which time he pops a heal and the cycle repeats itself. I walked away bored.
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
    Options
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is your punishment for playing in a CP campaign.
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
    Options
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mr_wazzabi wrote: »
    Tanks are OP in pvp.

My stam nb with spriggans and bone pirate has been unable to kill tanks for months. Last night i fought a tank for almost 10 minutes, throwing everything I could. The most I could do was take him to 10%, at which time he pops a heal and the cycle repeats itself. I walked away bored.

You do realise you survived for 10 mins also, so he couldn’t kill you either. If you gear for max survival, you kill nothing. The enemy are thick if they beat on you.
    Options
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    clench, purifying light... when you see his health down a certain amount hit it a bit before you get him down that point with purifying light... if 20 people are on him, he might heal but when that purifying light hits him it will likely kill him. Clench is really just to throw him off a bit as someone rune cages him.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
    Options
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Universe wrote: »
    Hello,
    Since update 19 I have noticed many occasions in which player tanks in PVP got to near immortal state(PC EU Vivec).
    20+ players were not able to kill a tank, several times even when using siege against him.
    The tank just blocked all damage and used the psijic skill line ability meditate while taking damage.
    It wasn't just one occasion/one player, there were several players exploiting it.

Hist bark used to give 100% dodge chance until ZOS fixed it, maybe now there is other set which provide great boost to tanks.
    If you noticed it too, please report the exploiters to ZOS and if you know what sets and/or broken abilities they were using, report it too.
    No player should be able to hold off 20+ players forever, something is clearly broken.

There’s a few in NA as well, they hold block but still have dot‘s...i just avoid them, not here to waste my time
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mr_wazzabi wrote: »
    Tanks are OP in pvp.

If they can't kill you and you can't kill them, either call up your friends or, better yet, ignore them and move on to better fights.
    Options
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Posting a video would go a long way...
    Options
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Befoul is bugged and not working, defile has been nerfed, it goes a long into making quite a few builds viable again. This goes to show that they were massively overtuned and has me wish Befoul never gets fixed.

As for 20 players being unable to kill a single person, it says more about the 20 players than the solo one. I have not seen a single tank survive the focused fire of more than 3 actually good players.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
    Options
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I saw this too, and joined in attacking these guys for while. Once I had used all options, and seen everyone else use theirs, and to no avail, I moved on.

My attacks were registering more than minimal damage, so it's not a high resistance thing.

It looked like a high health build with health regen so high it could heal all the damage it was taking in one tick.

I don't understand why ZOS have made psijiic meditate work like that, so people can just stop and use it for a few seconds in the middle of a huge melee when they're being hit with every attack in the game.

Something might be broken but I'd bet that it's just careless design.
    PC EU
    Options
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asmael wrote: »
    Befoul is bugged and not working, defile has been nerfed, it goes a long into making quite a few builds viable again. This goes to show that they were massively overtuned and has me wish Befoul never gets fixed.

As for 20 players being unable to kill a single person, it says more about the 20 players than the solo one. I have not seen a single tank survive the focused fire of more than 3 actually good players.

Some abilities have a flat rate healing that won't ever change and ignore boosts and negative effects so that could be a reason as well for the confusion for some befoul.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
    Options
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Posting a video would go a long way...

True.
    I didn't post a video due to the naming and shaming policy.
    I can record with the UI disabled but then it will have much less details.
    Asmael wrote: »

I wish it was a L2P issue.
    Sadly, this is a game balance issue and something is clearly broken.
    Edited by Universe on August 18, 2018 1:14PM
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    Options
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are you even trying to kill the tank, he can't kill you, so just leave em and move on.
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
    Options
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why are you even trying to kill the tank, he can't kill you, so just leave em and move on.

This is not the point.
    20-30 players should be able to kill their target, especially when even siege is being used against the tank.
    There is the matter of game balance.
    Also, the tank can provide buffs to his group and sometimes debuffs to enemies.
    Edited by Universe on August 18, 2018 1:31PM
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All wrong. These are nightblades with 70k health and the new cloak morph that you are seeing and yes, they cannot be killed by any means with the abilities they have at hand.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are not getting the point.
    Enter Cyrodiil 1 single time and watch your allied forces movements. They will ALWAYS focus on what they see. if there is an enemy, they will chase them and try to kill them forever. This way, those tanks can be the greatest weapon on the battlefield, as they can deny all reinforcements to a keep and even win every siege fight to their alliance.

Tanks are, the strongest role in ESO and this is not only proven by this scenario, but also in any battleground objective. The art is, that in order to win, you must not even kill your enemies yourself.

The amount of tankiness that can be achieve in this game has been completely over the top since its release and it's getting worse and worse every patch. And these are just the full turtle tanks.
    Any Stamina build can be almost immortal, while still one shotting you.
    Edited by Dracane on August 18, 2018 1:40PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
    Options
  • POps75p
    POps75p
    ✭✭✭✭
    oh here we go again
    Options
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also the new Cyrodiil-set is pretty dope. 10k heal every 5s from simply blocking once every 5s? Leggo'

That + another tanky set and I can imagine you could tank everything for quite a while. This is the main reason why I hate cp-campaign. It just let's people get insanely tanky for no reason, so the real culprit is the cp-system :)
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also the new Cyrodiil-set is pretty dope. 10k heal every 5s from simply blocking once every 5s? Leggo'

That + another tanky set and I can imagine you could tank everything for quite a while. This is the main reason why I hate cp-campaign. It just let's people get insanely tanky for no reason, so the real culprit is the cp-system :)

Come on dear. You know exactly, how tanky you all are even in no CP. I must only think of yesterday. Immortal and still instakilling everything. The CP system can hardly be blamed at this point.
    Edited by Dracane on August 18, 2018 2:01PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
    Options
  • Dextail
    Dextail
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone got a build for one of these inmortal tanks. I want to get some hate whispers while doing nothing but blocking. Seems less work than actually killing people
    Options
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen a few on pc na Somtimes it's actually kinda fun to see just how much you have to throw at them to finally drop them.

The good one are pretty impressive especially if a handful of decent players are pounding on him.
    Options
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »

Come on dear. You know exactly, how tanky you all are even in no CP. I must only think of yesterday. Immortal and still instakilling everything. The CP system can hardly be blamed at this point.

Not exactly sure what you're referring to, but if you're referring to the BG where we ended up in a team: The only reason I could survive was Sanct's DK. The constant stacked HoTs is what made us survive in there. When I can fight along Sanct, who's running healing ward / rapid reg, saves me more times than I can count. Similar for him with HtD and my rapid reg. (Since they stack, obviously). And that BG we were fighting mainly tanky potatoes(If you recall, max score was like 370 or so, with the other teams having ~90 max. because they were just tanks). So there was never any real damage threat anyway.

In CP, running what I run, I can easily tank 4 people. There's no way I can do that in no-cp. The CP just enables everything by such an insane amount.

CP makes the tanks immortal. No-cp still has tanks, but they can eventually be worn down. Which isn't the case for cp.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
    Options
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello,

Don't waste time on Tanks. They are there to annoy you. As for Meditate all you have to do is hit him/her with an Interrupt to stop it. If there are so many people fighting anyone using Meditate that don't know to Interrupt then that is a L2P issue. I have seen quite a few people using it and when they fly up and hover they are Interrupted and killed fairly quickly. May have to interrupt them a few times but sooner or later they die.
    Options
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello,

Don't waste time on Tanks. They are there to annoy you. As for Meditate all you have to do is hit him/her with an Interrupt to stop it. If there are so many people fighting anyone using Meditate that don't know to Interrupt then that is a L2P issue. I have seen quite a few people using it and when they fly up and hover they are Interrupted and killed fairly quickly. May have to interrupt them a few times but sooner or later they die.

The ones I’ve seen aren’t using meditate, that’s obv..i mean you seriously believe 15+ ppl all need to l2p or maybe you need to learn that a new meta is out?
    Options
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hello,

The players did interrupt the meditate.
    While meditate is powerful this is not the main issue and something(set/passive ability/other) is bugged/broken.
    Options
  • SilverPaws
    SilverPaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no near immortal tanks, only bad players.
    Options
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess you guys qq'ing never heard of bash or crushing shock...
    Options
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello,

So what you're saying is it can't be that they know their class very well or that they are a skilled player they must be an exploiter. These guys are skilled players that can tank zergs and best part is THEY ARE NOT EXPLOITERS.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=icC5fByfrb8

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GV0Y8ITlsWo

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eH_NZjYE5as
    Edited by imredneckson on August 18, 2018 3:14PM
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
    Options
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is not the point.
    20-30 players should be able to kill their target, especially when even siege is being used against the tank.
    There is the matter of game balance.
    Also, the tank can provide buffs to his group and sometimes debuffs to enemies.

If you can't you ain't a good tank
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
    Options
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gotta love this community, rather than actually take the time to learn the game you would rather report someone for exploiting. I wish we could report the reporters! :p
    Options