The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

DK Fossilize, the next cc that needs to Die

• ItsNebula
    ItsNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say we just nerf ESO, the S is to broken.. all in favor for EO?

Edit; Grammar fixes
    Edited by ItsNebula on September 2, 2018 6:25PM
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only time Rune Cage is actually useful is if you play against perma-blockers, since it provides you with 1 global cooldown where they are forced to drop their block and you can deal some damage. That's it.

In all other scenarios Reach is superior as it also stuns the target but allows you to drop 1 ability from your bars. Yes Reach is obvious, but so is RUne Cage. And the delay on the effect makes it both easily dodgeable and clunky af to use.

The only reasons you still see sorcs using it are

1) they don't have a master inferno staff so Reach isn't really a viable spammable
    2) they don't want to use Reach b/c of all the reflecting currently going on due to DK wings and S&B users forcing them to use Force Pulse. Since they then have slot a separate stun some fo them might choose the Rune Cage in case they come across a perma-blocker.

However, neither of those 2 reasons make Rune Cage a good or viable ability.

And even pre-nerf I would have chosen Fossilize over Rune Cage in most situations, since most fights are always fought in melee range anyways and the additional root would in most cases prove more valuable than the 1.5k to 3k damage.

On the topic of fossilize, there's nothing much to say either. It's the best single target CC in the game by far. There's no comparison between rune cage in its current form and fossilize.
    I'd take fossilize on my mag sorc any day of the week, even with its short range. It's that good.

Fear is up there with it though. While not single target, it is often used as such, and the Minor Maim and 50% slow are really helpful ... though the latter is irrelevant against stamina builds ....
    Edited by Galarthor on September 2, 2018 9:21PM
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

Recently we've had to remove several posts for unneeded back and forth, and with that we've felt it necessary to fossilize this thread. For further posts please be sure to keep the Forum Rules in mind and to avoid flaming and baiting to prevent thread closures and action on one's own account.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.