More transparency about dmg in dungeon?

LeagueTroll
LeagueTroll
✭✭✭✭
We all know combat metric exist. But as a trial tank player who legit do no dmg. Combat metric only tell me the group dps, and my own dps which is like 2k. I would really appreciate more transparency, i’d like to see dmg % of everyone, including the healer, with rolling windows of a minute or something like it. I don’t think this would be a lot of work for the devs. What you guys think?

More transparency about dmg in dungeon? 369 votes

Yes, add dps % meter
34%
akredon_ESOfastolfv_ESODeathStalkerjrhiattjrb14_ESOLightspeedflashb14_ESOWuffyCeruleiTaonnorSeptimus_MagnaSoellaskoomatraitNifty2gJoker99rosendoichinoveb17_ESOMilvanTilleroeshiGhost-ShotOmniDoCouslyremilafostreetmagic 127 votes
No, don’t add meter
56%
vailjohn_ESOoghannon_ESOGalenlordspyderNewBlacksmurfBigBraggotis67Esha76DarcyMardinPlagueSDSkuawenchmore420b14_ESOAikohamsterontherocksb16_ESOTurelusAH93Aimoraalainjbrennanb16_ESOmareeelb16_ESOniawrathb16_ESO 207 votes
Don’t know / care
9%
Iruil_ESOTito86stojekarcub18_ESOAlex_LexPreyfarKingpindragonOrphanHelgenEasily_LostvonScuzzmanAdamskiAldersbinhoMannix1958mabolethlardvaderDocFrost72KingMagawTyharOrjixMasterLenmanmikemacon 35 votes
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, add dps % meter
    I've always wondered how my dps was compared to my partner...

It would encourage me to work harder.
    Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6:2.7 as of 7/13/2018

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • bareheiny
    bareheiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, don’t add meter
    The scorecard is one of the primary things I don't miss.

On the other hand, I wouldn't mind being able to see my own DPS against the group average. Assuming there wasn't a way for others to weaponise the information against those they percieve to be underperforming.
    Edited by bareheiny on July 12, 2018 11:44PM
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, add dps % meter
    logarifmik wrote: »
    Some players are too obsessed with numbers.
    Those numbers decide whether you're able to complete or fail the ecounter. Witchcraft!
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭
    Don’t know / care
    As a console Player, lol...
    PS4 EU
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, don’t add meter
    OmniDo wrote: »
    The fact is, many players dont want their own mediocrity on display, or their sub-optimal efforts criticized.

DPS meters are irrelevant in normal dungeons, with the exception perhaps of a few DLC dungeons.
    But in Veteran dungeons, a DPS meter could quickly identify incompetence and/or ineptitude, which would allow segregation.

To be blunt, if someone lacks the skill to meet a challenge and I have a choice of not participating with them, then I'd like to be aware of those circumstances so that I can make that choice accurately and promptly.

Theres nothing improper about a measuring stick.
    Participation Trophies are NOT a good idea, nor have they ever been.
    Knowledge without effort is laziness, and effort without knowledge is waste.
    In the middle of XX century there were people in Europe who reasoned in a very similar way. Just kidding, but this joke is partially truth. Also, comrade @Merlin13KAGL already put it briefly and clearly.
    1. Group DPS is the only DPS that matters.
    2. You already have a pretty good idea who's doing alright and who needs a bit of help.
    3. Every single individual can look at their own Combat Metrics and see the % of the DPS they're doing. 1/8th is a little over 12%. Anything above that is bonus.
    4. Place the focus on this and you can forget about people stopping to rez, moving out of the red, interrupts, call outs, or doing much of anything but their rotation.
    Edited by logarifmik on July 13, 2018 2:29AM
    Server: EU PC
    Main character: Demian Floquet | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, add dps % meter
    You can calculate team DPS pretty easily.

Just figure out what your DPS% is as part of an optimised group. If it's higher than that, it means your teammates are potatoes.

I had a vet pledge once where I was dealing 86% of team damage. Suffice it to say, we didn't have a good time. The other DD thought it was sufficient to just light attack (this was before Summerset).
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on July 13, 2018 2:44AM
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, add dps % meter
    I dont know to the level you’re getting at, but on console, you got no clue how much doing. I could see it being used to grieve, and that’s not cool.

When playing with other high DPS players and everything just flipping melts so fast you can’t tell what the heck is going on....well even then it probably turns into bragging rights n wat not.

On second thaught maybe they shouldn’t add that in.
    PlayStation NA
    1000+ CP
    DC Khajit NB Stormproof
    DC Argonian Templar
    DC Dark Elf Sorc Stormproof
    DC High Elf NB
    DC Dark Elf DK
    AD Redguard DK Stormproof
    DC Orc Warden Stormproof
    DC Breton Warden
    DC Redguard Sorc Stormproof
    DC Redguard Templar Stormproof
  • Conduit0
    Conduit0
    ✭✭✭✭
    I find it odd how other games manage to have DPS meters that everyone can see and not cause the kind of rampant griefing everyone is talking about. Of course I've also never run into players that were so blatantly not ready for the content they queued for or people marked as damage dealers who couldn't DPS their way out of a paper bag in other games either. I can't help but think these things may be related.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iirc FTC did have a method to see the damage of others in the party that also used FTC and opted to share their information. In the end idk if Zos closed off the ability to share that information. It was not accessible without it being volunteered.

Many of us started using combat metrics partially because we got more information that was worthy and important information.

Regardless, it is not need. CM provides easy means for someone to link they damage in chat and few will just automatically provide that information to anyone and everyone regardless of how good they do. In other games my parsing was only shared with guild raid groups.
    Edited by idk on July 13, 2018 3:00AM
    Really, I don't know.
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, add dps % meter
    You can calculate team DPS pretty easily.

Just figure out what your DPS% is as part of an optimised group. If it's higher than that, it means your teammates are potatoes.

I had a vet pledge once where I was dealing 86% of team damage. Suffice it to say, we didn't have a good time. The other DD thought it was sufficient to just light attack (this was before Summerset).

Only if you are a dd though. I play tank most.