The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Class Rep] Templar Feedback Thread

• Nirnroot420
    Nirnroot420
    ✭✭✭
    Delparis wrote: »
    BNOC wrote: »
    Sorc is really like playing in very easy or having god mode

Screenshot-20190927-193604.png

never been able to do this good with my magplar

You're playing Templar wrong, this is every game.
    6e7b6c43-67e2-4f67-89f7-d1892543f81a.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=BoBh1c2JtVi%2BQm%2FkpyVQa8gjDGuZaMfh2bDr76z10VA%3D
    6d21e3a2-431e-47a3-b0bc-925871e176c9.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=DhwWSCTWgWj0S1l%2F8YVEr2tDt1e%2BBKk7lsG5%2FSkc5fs%3D
    e4417ef8-3fb8-4b0e-8661-755c0797a399.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=dN5UK6qAfeLNjJSV4wXCJ4TRyDEIlNWwR4QWBeGKSkw%3D
    1f2c4592-0488-4187-b23c-3ed4876c14b8.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=iG2OMgKVqsuRilEjF%2Bi83tIvLSroQYTw4S0IEkYzyUs%3D Purple was a fotm 3-Man rolling Magplars
    Xirks wrote: »
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Xirks wrote: »
    Come one dude get out of here with this ***. This is a Templar feedback thread. There are plenty of other whiners out there posting knee jerk reaction posts about Templars that you can’t go cry in. Have you used Empowering Sweeps lately? I’m so thoroughly sick of people chiming in with their ignorant bs about classes they have no experience with. And that goes for any class. If you’re having so much trouble out there then maybe just go ahead and roll a Templar so you can finally do well. Come back to me in a few months and let me know how it goes. FYI no amount of blaming your inability on other classes can be cured by a certain build.

Yeah.. buddy, I main a Stamina Nb and Magplar. I am well aware with how they both perform, and I mean every bit of templars being very very (easy button) strong..

Then you should know that Empowering Sweeps is very so so. And that the upcoming changes will bring down Mag Templar quite a bit. You probably main stamblade, hate Templars cause they pull you out of stealth then meta hopped to Magplar, killed a few people and came here. Am I close?

Nah, I do enjoy playing my nb more than my templar. I have played them both almost equally as much. Templars pose no issues for me when killing them, its the fact that I know because ive played a templar for a long time, that they are very op. The snares are a bit too strong, and eclipse.. how much drugs were involved reforming that skill.

Snares are weaker than roots that other classes have and you counter them the exact same way you should have been countering other classes roots for years - Snare immunity.

It seriously amazes me that people cannot deal with or complain about snares and roots, that's been a literal non-issue for me on a class with the least mobility for years.

Premade i guess
    I don't do premade bg and I don't play in my group. Thus I have a good k/d ratio with my sorc.
    Templar are useless when not fighting in group as they need support heal and some offensive buff.

I don't do premades unless it's semi-organized premade v. premade, which is very rare. None of my screenshot scores are from running in a premade group. If you need tips on how to do well with a magplar in battlegrounds or open world, feel free to ask.
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most pressing Templar issues of the moment:

AOE spammable vs Major Evasion
    Problem: Major Evasion mitigates 25% of our class spammable.
    Solution: Make the first-target portion of Puncturing Sweeps single-target to bypass Major Evasion and hit harder on Inferno bar.

Spear Shards vs Orbs
    Problem: Generic orbs allow everyone to pop the synergy, while our class skill (Spear Shards) does not.
    Solution: Allow Shards synergy to be popped by everyone.

Living Dark bubble
    Problem: The Living Dark bubble sucks (visually).
    Solution: Use Cinbri's amazing suggestion; remove the bubble and keep the other animation effects.

Useless Passives
    Problem: Balanced Warrior is not "balanced". It offers only Weapon Damage (not spell) and Spell Resistance (not physical).
    Solution: Make it a flat % damage done and damage taken reduction.

Sun Fire's Major Prophecy
    Problem: Major Prophecy is redundant in the majority of builds.
    Solution: Change it to Minor Force, Minor Heroism, Major Sorcery, Minor Berserk... anything that's not redundant.

Restoring Aura useless
    Problem: Restoring Aura simply doesn't offer enough to warrant a bar slot.
    Solution: Give the skill a modest cost and add Minor Lifesteal.
    Edited by Gnortranermara on November 30, 2019 4:14PM
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spear Shards vs Orbs
    Problem: Generic orbs allow everyone to pop the synergy, while our class skill (Spear Shards) does not.
    You should add the ridiculous 5k cost on the pitiful damage compounded by a single target synergy use as a problem.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    IronWooshu wrote: »
    Spear Shards vs Orbs
    You should add the ridiculous 5k cost on the pitiful damage compounded by a single target synergy use as a problem.

Maybe this is an unpopular suggestion, but I'd like to see damage removed completely from the luminous morph. Since the number and speed of orbs got nerfed, I find shards a better delivery system to the tank or off tank holding add aggro. Unfortunately, when there are a lot of adds building up, it occasionally means pulling an add to me. You could reduce the cost or let it persist for a while so you could senergize it twice.
    Edited by driosketch on October 2, 2019 2:05AM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ngl I'd love luminous to lose the damage but become more support heavy

on the same vane, blazing spear is a very uninteresting morph
  • sindalstar
    sindalstar
    ✭✭✭
    That's actually a pretty fun idea:

Luminous shards:
    -This morph no longer has a 'damage over time' figure
    -The limit 1 person activating this synergy has been removed
    -Allies who activate the synergy receive the 'minor courage' buff OR 'empowered' buff for a short time.

So you'd throw it out like some weird holy shard ammo pack, let every grab a shard and start doing increased damage.
    (Still gives more resources back as normal)
  • Tanis-Stormbinder
    Tanis-Stormbinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Concerning class identify Puncturing Sweeps needs be buffed, Elemental Weapon should be a range alternative not the
    de facto spammable for Templars.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afnCBbWMmg8
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sindalstar wrote: »

Luminous shards:
    -Allies who activate the synergy receive the 'minor courage' buff OR 'empowered' buff for a short time.

So you'd throw it out like some weird holy shard ammo pack, let every grab a shard and start doing increased damage.

This is an alright idea for PvE but changes to number of synergies available or adding things like courage might be abused in PvP imo.

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope ZOS has abandoned the Templar's "house". An immobile opponent is a dead one.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope ZOS has abandoned the Templar's "house". An immobile opponent is a dead one.

I haven't seen updated patch notes so excuse me if I'm way off.

The "house" wasn't bad when we could immobilise as well, but for some reason, that shouldn't be accessible to Templars and whilst it was, people lost their *** minds over dealing with something they've been dealing with for years already.

If we had an unblockable CC or an immobilise the design wouldn't be so bad as we could either keep people there, or move it on top of them and trust we had enough time for it to be worth the recast.

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The "house" wasn't bad when we could immobilise as well, but for some reason, that shouldn't be accessible to Templars and whilst it was, people lost their *** minds over dealing with something they've been dealing with for years already.

If we had an unblockable CC or an immobilise the design wouldn't be so bad as we could either keep people there, or move it on top of them and trust we had enough time for it to be worth the recast.

I'm fine with a "house" in 1v1 but that's a rare situation for me in BG. It never fails that when I target a player or get them down to low health, that player's team - and even the other team - will focus in on me. I can't stand there on the channeled focus rune and expect to survive that 1vX. Either they need to make the rune much bigger (like the cleansing ritual) or I shouldn't have to stand on it to keep the 50% damage mitigation.
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Concerning class identify Puncturing Sweeps needs be buffed, Elemental Weapon should be a range alternative not the
    de facto spammable for Templars.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afnCBbWMmg8

Agree but no one seems to understand this.
    Where does the class identity fit if the templar most iconic skill isn't worth slotting because elemental weapons is by far a better choice.
    Complete non sens as always
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm fine with a "house" in 1v1 but that's a rare situation for me in BG. It never fails that when I target a player or get them down to low health, that player's team - and even the other team - will focus in on me. I can't stand there on the channeled focus rune and expect to survive that 1vX. Either they need to make the rune much bigger (like the cleansing ritual) or I shouldn't have to stand on it to keep the 50% damage mitigation.

Sorry I thought you meant ritual with rune implied, the rune alone is small, but you don't have to get that extra 50% and I would imagine, that circling targets etc and mitigating as much damage as possible through movement alone is worth more than face tanking the lot with a couple k extra resists.

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Luminous shards:

This is an alright idea for PvE but changes to number of synergies available or adding things like courage might be abused in PvP imo.

We already have orbs with unlimited synergies and Olorime with Major Courage. Templar already gives Minor Sorcery to the group, so I don't know if the skill needs an extra minor buff, but another 125ish damage from Minor Courage doesn't feel like it would be a game changer.

• crazywolfpusher
    crazywolfpusher
    ✭✭✭
    Templar are going to be be in a good spot (pvp) for the next patch... any pve change we can hope, gonna take quite some time. As you guys should know, forum agenda is 80% pvp. 5% fashion 5%furnishing %10 pve :D

But yes... templars feels outdated. I can literally heal dlc hm dungeons without using any templar ability.
    Outside minor sorcery i dont know what else templars can bring to the table that other classes cant.

Currently on live my templar can do a pretty good job as hybrid dps/healer. Shards can be some sort of aoe spammable. PoTL is farily decent when you have 2 melee dps.
    Ritual huge area with strong Healing+damage. + Syngery

And thats about it... recently ive switched my templar to sorc healer and the results were amazing. For both dungeons and bg... I do the same dps without losing healing power. Better sustain + better support ultimates (negate+atronach are simply great for support dungeons).

I wil probably change my templar to stamina. javelin+PoTL are gonna make a fun bow build.

Edited by crazywolfpusher on October 2, 2019 5:43PM
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

Luminous shards:

We already have orbs with unlimited synergies and Olorime with Major Courage. Templar already gives Minor Sorcery to the group, so I don't know if the skill needs an extra minor buff, but another 125ish damage from Minor Courage doesn't feel like it would be a game changer.

it would change the game so much
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS give Templars Major Sorcery/ Major Brutality to the Templar's skill line.
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm proposing a change to sacred ground passive.

Original
    https://eso-skillbook.com/skill/sacred-ground
    While standing in your own Cleansing Ritual, Rune Focus, or Rite of Passage area effects and for up to 4 seconds after leaving them you gain Minor Mending, increasing your Healing Done by 8%. Enemies standing in your Cleansing Ritual, Rune Focus, or Rite of Passage areas of effect have their Movement Speed reduced by 30%.

Change:
    While standing in your own Cleansing Ritual, Rune Focus, or Rite of Passage area effects and for up to 4 seconds after leaving them you gain Minor Mending, increasing your Healing Done by 8%. Enemies standing in your Cleansing Ritual, Rune Focus, or Rite of Passage areas of effect are rooted after 2 sec after entering the areas of effect.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Original
    While standing in your own Cleansing Ritual, Rune Focus, or Rite of Passage area effects and for up to 4 seconds after leaving them you gain Minor Mending, increasing your Healing Done by 8%. Enemies standing in your Cleansing Ritual, Rune Focus, or Rite of Passage areas of effect have their Movement Speed reduced by 30%.

Change:
    While standing in your own Cleansing Ritual, Rune Focus, or Rite of Passage area effects and for up to 4 seconds after leaving them you gain Minor Mending, increasing your Healing Done by 8%. Enemies standing in your Cleansing Ritual, Rune Focus, or Rite of Passage areas of effect are rooted after 2 sec after entering the areas of effect.

That'd be a proper *** storm.

People couldn't deal with being rooted by a bubble that they had to attack, imagine some ring that I can drop on them and cc them into. Would be absolute carnage.

Templars clearly aren't allowed roots because everyone loses their mind.

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Original

Change:

People couldn't deal with being rooted by a bubble that they had to attack, imagine some ring that I can drop on them and cc them into. Would be absolute carnage.

Thus DK got roots and nobody asked for nerf.
    also this is a delayed root that will give enough time to move away. not insta proc root like DK
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Original

Change:

Since I only slot direct attacks, I understand the frustration of that bubble. I only use Living Dark when I feel like multiple opponents are being equally cheap by trying to range me to death.

I wish they could switch one morph of sun shield to heal a percentage based on the amount of damage it absorbed.
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Original

Change:

Since I only slot direct attacks, I understand the frustration of that bubble. I only use Living Dark when I feel like multiple opponents are being equally cheap by trying to range me to death.

I wish they could switch one morph of sun shield to heal a percentage based on the amount of damage it absorbed.

Sun shield is health based as my magplar only have 6k shield so if heal is percentage base healing is capped at 6k (100%) in pve and 3k in pvp.
    Still trash.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Original

Change:

also this is a delayed root that will give enough time to move away. not insta proc root like DK

One of those, it'd need to be like 5+ seconds if it was going to be remotely fair.
    Would it be multi target? Because that's also insane.

It would fit the"Templar house" path and would force players without snare immunity to disengage, or give us the breathing room to recover or out of the firing line but it wouldn't go down well at all.

When it comes to roots, I know, I preached it, I ran Ice Clench for about a year and would root people back to back to back, bathing in dots, no complaints other than your typical backhanded compliments "That's stink" "That's pure filth" etc.

I spent years dealing with crippling grasp and talons, though talons is a little different and have since, spent a bit with (I think its) perma frost that roots you briefly? I can't remember but some ice thing. I slotted Forward momentum and a 2h on Magplar when it was 8s duration to deal with skills like those specifically without being pigeonholed into vampirism. Since that was reduced to 4s I spent another patch with it then picked up RAT, which I still use, for the same reasons.

Other players aren't interested in running simple snare immunity and we lose out for it, it's neither here nor there, we didn't have it before and done just fine, but it's pretty weak if you ask me.

Original

Change:

You don't have any snare immunity on your setup? How do you deal with roots? or snares in general actually? You're not cleansing them are you?
    Edited by BNOC on October 3, 2019 3:32PM

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Original

Change:

One of those, it'd need to be like 5+ seconds if it was going to be remotely fair.

It would fit the"Templar house" path and would force players without snare immunity to disengage, or give us the breathing room to get away or out of the firing line but it wouldn't go down well at all.

When it comes to roots, I know, I preached it, I ran Ice Clench for about a year and would root people back to back to back, bathing in dots, no complaints other than your typical backhanded compliments "That's stink" "That's pure filth" etc.

I spent years dealing with crippling grasp and talons, though talons is a little different and have since, spent a bit with (I think its) perma frost that roots you briefly? I can't remember but some ice thing. I slotted Forward momentum and a 2h on Magplar when it was 8s duration to deal with skills like those specifically without being pigeonholed into vampirism. Since that was reduced to 4s I spent another patch with it then picked up RAT, which I still use, for the same reasons.

Other players aren't interested in running simple snare immunity and we lose out for it, it's neither here nor there, we didn't have it before and done just fine, but it's pretty weak if you ask me.

Original

Change:

You don't have any snare immunity on your setup? How do you deal with roots? or snares in general actually? You're not cleansing them are you?

I cleanse snares with Ritual and stack about 19-20k stamina (with food buff) to break out of being rooted. But it only works so long since everyone is trying to knock-down, root, and fear. I also use immovable potions before going into a fight because I know the first attack will be a knock-down or a root.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bubble is still annoying though. Almost as bad as the old wings.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does Dark Flare need to have a one second cast time? Seriously, is it really that powerful that it needs such a cast time?
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Original

Change:

It would fit the"Templar house" path and would force players without snare immunity to disengage, or give us the breathing room to recover or out of the firing line but it wouldn't go down well at all.

Original

Change:

5 sec delay is enough to get wrecked. and this should be multi target like DK talons.
    the only difference is the delay and a bigger area of effect.

otherwise why not make snare additive every 2 sec like 30% snare when entering the aoe than after 2 sec you got 60% snare (30% + 30%) and so on.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Original

Change:

It would fit the"Templar house" path and would force players without snare immunity to disengage, or give us the breathing room to get away or out of the firing line but it wouldn't go down well at all.

Original

Change:

I cleanse snares with Ritual and stack about 19-20k stamina (with food buff) to break out of being rooted. But it only works so long since everyone is trying to knock-down, root, and fear. I also use immovable potions before going into a fight because I know the first attack will be a knock-down or a root.

Personally, that's insane that you're doing that - Most snares and roots can be instantly reapplied if they're cleansed.
    If you stand in the middle of a friends Ritual and cleanse it, you'll be snared again before you walked out.

What do you mean "to break out"? roll dodge?

You're also using an immov pot and taking away either your stamina or magicka sustain depending on what Immov you're using? Seems like a problem to me but I guess if it's working for you then it's working - I'd highly recommend RAT.
    The bubble is still annoying though. Almost as bad as the old wings.

Revised bubble? I haven't actually seen what they've done to it to be honest. All I know is that when someone had it on them, I could pre-cast a RAT, load them up, cast RAT again and gap closer them as normal. It was annoying in the sense that if you range weaved a group you'd catch a snare but it was never hard to deal with imo.

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does Dark Flare need to have a one second cast time? Seriously, is it really that powerful that it needs such a cast time?

Yes. Shhhhh. If any ZoS employee sees that post, even a janitor, they're gonna leave the cast time and remove defile.
    Edited by Neoauspex on October 9, 2019 9:27PM
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we ask that living dark changes to heal you every time a Light attack is used ?

Envelop yourself in a lightless sphere for 4 seconds to protect yourself. Anytime an enemy uses a light attack against you, the sphere lashes back, snare (60%) them for 3 seconds and healing you for the light attack dmg. These effects can occur once every half second.