The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Class Rep] Sorcerer Feedback Thread

• Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    daveywavey wrote: »
    *sigh* Ok, I'll bite the bait..

What does it matter what a Battlemage and a Spellsword were? They aren't Sorcerers, so that (almost-)point is worthless and off-topic in a Sorcerer thread. Please stay on-topic.

The concept of Classes in TES4 and 5 was lost along the way, so any reference to them seems unproductive.

As you say, magic-users in TES: Morrowind were encouraged to use Heavy Armour as extra protection for if an enemy did get up close, while the Stamina Users could use their better agility and movement to help keep out of the way. Divayth Fyr, for example, is a classic example of a Heavy Armoured magic-user from TES:3; a Heavy Armoured magic-user who, guess what, USES MAGIC!!! Weaker weapons like Short Blade were added purely because we had no Magicka Regeneration in TES:3. Once your Magicka was gone, you were down to bare basics. Also, the Sorcerer Class in TES:3 had the Bound Dagger spell, and so needed the Short Blade skill for that.

Since you like copied descriptions, here's the actual Sorcerer description for you:
    Sorcerer

In-game Description: Though spellcasters by vocation, sorcerers rely most on summonings and enchantments. They are greedy for magic scrolls, rings, armor and weapons, and commanding undead and Daedric servants gratifies their egos.Specialization: MagicAttributes: Intelligence, Endurance

And here's the Encyclopaedia Britannica's description of Sorcery. Note that it doesn't mention Stamina anywhere:
    Sorcery, the practice of malevolent magic, derived from casting lots as a means of divining the future in the ancient Mediterranean world. Some scholars distinguish sorcery from witchcraft by noting that it is learned rather than intrinsic. Other scholars, noting that modern witches claim to learn their craft, suggest that sorcery’s intent is always evil and that of witchcraft can be either good or bad. In the early Christian era, the term was applied to any magician or wizard but by the Middle Ages only to those who allegedly practiced magic intended to harm others. In Western popular culture, and in Western children’s literature in particular, the sorcerer often assumes a more positive guise.

Perhaps you'd like to check your facts before you troll other people's posts with drivel. Your "research" skills could do with some work.

"I'll bite" says the guy that proposed to get rid of stam class skills.

1. I couldn't care less what Encyclopaedia Britannica says about Sorcerery, since this is about a game's lore, which isn't bound to accord to anything "real life", especially not when you can steal souls, be an orc or restore "stamina" by swinging a sword really hard.

2. The gist of this is your suggestion to force ESO's Sorcerer class purely into magicka because it makes no sense for you to conjure something with stamina. My points are, this is partly a repeat:
    In older games (like 3 and 4 - yes, there are classes in Oblivion, guess your research skill could use some work too) there was a distinct difference between a sorcerer (hybridish summoner), a mage (pure magicka) and battlemages/spellswords (hybridish, different mobility, sometimes even with conjuration).
    Just as a side note about "you can use what you want", there are still skills boosted by class, which in a way give an idea of how to play it. Mages had no combat but skills, a sorc however had magick and combat skills.
    Yes, TES V did away the classes, but that is indifferent since we're have classes here. And this class is called a sorcerer, not a mage.

You can play your ESO sorc like a pure mag sorc (mage), but obviously you can play every other of mentioned "old classes" ways as well (stamina), so there is no reason to remove that aspect.

But why do you stop at stamina sorcs? Why is it not needed to remove other stamina (class) skills as well? Conjure a poison breath with stamina? Where's the logic in that? Summon a spear made of light by stamina too? Too bad, stamplars should be extinct. Conjuring exploding Shalks, again not by magicka? Shouldn't be a thing either! Right? Or what about using stamina to slash a great sword across the screen and suddenly have a magickal shield on me? Should that cost magicka as well?

See where this is going? It's almost like the ESO team made a (although questionable, I give you that) design choice to don't use the resources like they did in other games.
    I can't remember a single TES game where my stamina or magicka bar refilled because I did a heavy attack. Conjuring *** out of thin air via stamina is necessary because ZOS decided to make 10 classes out of 5 and let tooltips scale with attributes.

So there is no use in crying for removal of build options, especially when stam sorcs are already the class with the least class skills. If anything, there need to be more class options for stam sorcs.

However, if you want to discuss this further, you can always send me a PM. Even tho I doubt this topic is still monitored by anyone, we shouldn't go OT for too long.
  • cbritomiranda
    cbritomiranda
    ✭✭
    After a long time without playing, I decided to play with my sorc and see how the class is, and it was really a shocking experience. I played ESO since its launch, sorcerers have always been a versatile class with very good skills and excellent effects, which really helped in the mechanics of the skill used.

Restraining Prison not snare anymore. Major Vitality? Realy? Who will want to heal after a CC skill? It makes no sense! the application and functionality of the skill has been completely reduced. snare had synergy with Restraining Prison, but major vitality? I think you all have examples of other skills that no longer make sense, or had their functionality misrepresented. I will not even talk about the nerf of our shield, in my view, sorc was never meant to be a glass cannon class, but if so, at least return our damage, because they only gave us the "glass" part of the "glass cannon".
    But what scares me the most, is that our biggest loss is not being talked about much, the loss of our third bar. This was one of the key points of our initial versatility: Sorcerers could cast more skills than the other classes, which is completely reasonable and was part of our class identity, overload was not just for damage and regeneration of resources (even after nerfed from 1000 to 500), but it also allocated for sorcerers to be CASTERS.

Much of our class identity has been destroyed, and little has been done to reverse the situation. Play MMO's for years, and in that way sorcerer will become more and more a generic class

Good day to all, and let's unite
    Edited by cbritomiranda on November 30, 2018 3:53PM
    Arielle Pendragon [] High Elf - Sorcerer [DD]
    Ataena Zastee [] Khajiit - Nightblade [DD]
    Marie Pendragon [] Breton - Nightblade [DD]
    Angeline Pendragon [] Breton - Templar [Healer]
    Freyja Stone-Singer [] Nord - Dragonknight [Tanker]
    Raelys the Flame [] High Elf - Dragonknight [Healer]
    Anne-Marie Pendragon [] Breton - Warden [Healer]
    Fairynn Frost-Moon [] Nord - Warden [Tanker]
    Asrin the Wise [] Khajiit - Sorcerer [DD]
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The purpose of this thread is to give you a place to post your current top two pain points with the Sorcerer. Our new Class Representatives will be keeping a close eye on this thread, and will utilize it to gather additional feedback for the notes they’re currently compiling for their first meeting with the Dev Team next week. Please be sure and keep your post clear and succinct, and focus more on what is currently frustrating you rather than potential solutions. Thanks!

Kindle please close this thread permanently. It doesnt serve any purpose and only waste everyone time.
  • HallowedUndead
    1) Sorcerer pets are the ugliest things in this game (excluding the atronach). So much so that I HATE using them yet feel like I need to for the dps. Why so much effort for the warden bear but giving the Sorc pets design job to a 5 year old....

2) Where are the rest of the schools of magic?
    (Edit: Real (2) Actually would rather a way to heal the Sorc without having to slot inner light and surge, all the other classes have a single slot ability. NB’s even help with their magicka sustain (siphoning strikes))

Pretty happy with how the rest of the Sorc kit is performing tbh. Number one would have been a new spammable but you guys gave us that in the psijic skill line :)

IK this is a thread for posting complaints, but the pets are literally demons, not meant to be pleasant to the eye.

But for complaints, i also hate how pets aggro when you didnt personally attack.
    Also hate the lack of a strong passive or skill to restore resources
  • Donnasnowheart_ESO
    Donnasnowheart_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    1) Sorcerer pets are the ugliest things in this game (excluding the atronach). So much so that I HATE using them yet feel like I need to for the dps. Why so much effort for the warden bear but giving the Sorc pets design job to a 5 year old....

2) Where are the rest of the schools of magic?
    (Edit: Real (2) Actually would rather a way to heal the Sorc without having to slot inner light and surge, all the other classes have a single slot ability. NB’s even help with their magicka sustain (siphoning strikes))

Pretty happy with how the rest of the Sorc kit is performing tbh. Number one would have been a new spammable but you guys gave us that in the psijic skill line :)

IK this is a thread for posting complaints, but the pets are literally demons, not meant to be pleasant to the eye.

But for complaints, i also hate how pets aggro when you didn't personally attack.
    Also hate the lack of a strong passive or skill to restore resources

Pets need an update visually regardless if they're "demons" or not for me anyway they're ugly just because of how outdated they look. They also really need to just go ahead and finally make pets a 1 bar ability. The reduced cost pve instance damage immunity and overall better movement speed from the last couple of patches are a step in the right direction concerning pets. Really just need to be 1 bar at this point to clear up bar space though on top of the fact that they aren't insanely strong like they used to be in the past compared to everything else.
  • RogueShark
    RogueShark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pets are still buggy.
    Example: in vMoS HM, pets (at least Matriarch) can get aggro on the numerous shades when you're trying to kite to the light. You have to unsummon your pet and resummon so they'll come to you and complete the mechanic. I understand that pets aren't supposed to 'taunt' anymore, and maybe it's not a case of taunt in circumstances like this but simply pets getting aggro for their base actions and/or activated abilities. Not sure what, if anything, can or should be done about that, but I thought I'd mention it either way.
    I've also noticed pets will still randomly disappear while in dungeons and have to be resummoned. Noticed it more in trash pulls in Fang Lair, but it's not exclusive or constant there.
    Edited by RogueShark on December 2, 2018 8:16AM
    PC NA
    Will heal DPS for memes.
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The purpose of this thread is to give you a place to post your current top two pain points with the Sorcerer. Our new Class Representatives will be keeping a close eye on this thread, and will utilize it to gather additional feedback for the notes they’re currently compiling for their first meeting with the Dev Team next week. Please be sure and keep your post clear and succinct, and focus more on what is currently frustrating you rather than potential solutions. Thanks!

Kindle please close this thread permanently. It doesnt serve any purpose and only waste everyone time.

Agreed. The last time people posted their top two pain points they deleted our Overload bar.
    Edited by Thraben on December 2, 2018 10:58AM
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Illuvatarr
    Illuvatarr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Daedric Tomb- This ability needs to hit harder and the mines need to gain in strength the longer they are on the ground. If the intent is to have sorcs fight in close quarters combat, this needs to be changed to be more effective against melee classes.

2) Bound Aegis-This ability should also lower block cost when it is used. Even with sturdy traits and block additions from jewelry it eats through magicka too quickly even with an ice staff equipped. It would also be nice if it added minor protection or something like this. The passives should impact both bars. It is a great ability but current sorc bar space does not allow for placing without giving up too much. Don’t get me wrong, a trade off should be in place but currently with bar space issues this still cannot be slotted unless the sorc gives up most of their burst. No other class faces bar space requirements like Sorc.

3) Pets- they should be one slot only. Claninfear should jump and stun opponents. Pets should be instant cast and should auto target any target you place daedric prey on. Clanfear should be physical damage and apply a bleed or something like this. They should be MUCH tougher to kill in pvp.

4) Overload- light attacks should not be reflectable and should move faster. Heavy attack should electrocute who it hits and either knock off balance or stun etc.
    Edited by Illuvatarr on December 3, 2018 1:22AM
  • cbritomiranda
    cbritomiranda
    ✭✭
    Viewing forum activity, sorcerers are not dead only in game.
    6IbW08F.jpg
    Edited by cbritomiranda on December 4, 2018 1:50AM
    Arielle Pendragon [] High Elf - Sorcerer [DD]
    Ataena Zastee [] Khajiit - Nightblade [DD]
    Marie Pendragon [] Breton - Nightblade [DD]
    Angeline Pendragon [] Breton - Templar [Healer]
    Freyja Stone-Singer [] Nord - Dragonknight [Tanker]
    Raelys the Flame [] High Elf - Dragonknight [Healer]
    Anne-Marie Pendragon [] Breton - Warden [Healer]
    Fairynn Frost-Moon [] Nord - Warden [Tanker]
    Asrin the Wise [] Khajiit - Sorcerer [DD]
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems fine to me
  • Rontabs77
    Rontabs77
    ✭✭✭
    My pet still dies in vMA
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rontabs77 wrote: »
    My pet still dies in vMA

Working as intended
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    dpencil1 wrote: »
    Rontabs77 wrote: »
    My pet still dies in vMA

Working as intended

My pets still die in vMOL, and that's not intended.
  • xandervalo
    xandervalo
    ✭✭✭
    Snare Removal Ability, perhaps implement it into a bolt escape morph. Ball of light maybe since its more defensive rather than offensive like Streak.

It is very annoying to have to rely on crystal frag proc to kill an enemy or do enough damage to put them in execute range, might be a problem only i have but I do wish i could more reliably kill enemies rather than rely on constant kitting them. Perhaps increase Endless Fury skill damage so it could be used as a decent damage skill rather than mainly an execute. or maybe change curse from detonating twice to detonating once but at have the time frame like maybe 2.5 sec rather than 6.0sec and boom i can place curse again this would help against cloaking night blade spammers since theyre cloak time is around that.

Cost of break free wrecks me as well this is my usual cause of a death lack of snare removal and high cost of break free and roll dodge i can roll 2-3 times and break free twice maybe

Streak/Ball of light should not be as punishing to use how come NBs can cloak endlessly no penalty? it should not be this way imo I constantly get sniped>poision arrow> and end capped from stealth i see the enemy maybe once thats not a battle at all and they receive no punishment to re stealth constantly so they can attempt this on me again until successful. This is often when i find myself using streak and placing curse keeping distance until i can soul shatter them.

Biggest issue I find is an awkwardly crammed bar of skills i feel i need one more slot at least I always find myself missing something that i can not slot. ): I wish we had six slots rather than only 5 somethings are only on there for a passive effect.

Edited by xandervalo on December 7, 2018 4:12PM
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xandervalo wrote: »
    Snare Removal Ability, perhaps implement it into a bolt escape morph. Ball of light maybe since its more defensive rather than offensive like Streak.

It is very annoying to have to rely on crystal frag proc to kill an enemy or do enough damage to put them in execute range, might be a problem only i have but I do wish i could more reliably kill enemies rather than rely on constant kitting them. Perhaps increase Endless Fury skill damage so it could be used as a decent damage skill rather than mainly an execute. or maybe change curse from detonating twice to detonating once but at have the time frame like maybe 2.5 sec rather than 6.0sec and boom i can place curse again this would help against cloaking night blade spammers since theyre cloak time is around that.

Cost of break free wrecks me as well this is my usual cause of a death lack of snare removal and high cost of break free and roll dodge i can roll 2-3 times and break free twice maybe

Streak/Ball of light should not be as punishing to use how come NBs can cloak endlessly no penalty? it should not be this way imo I constantly get sniped>poision arrow> and end capped from stealth i see the enemy maybe once thats not a battle at all and they receive no punishment to re stealth constantly so they can attempt this on me again until successful. This is often when i find myself using streak and placing curse keeping distance until i can soul shatter them.

Biggest issue I find is an awkwardly crammed bar of skills i feel i need one more slot at least I always find myself missing something that i can not slot. ): I wish we had six slots rather than only 5 somethings are only on there for a passive effect.

Agreed!
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wanna update this thread with my new two pain points.

1. Streak
    This is now the needed CC skill. After shields got tweaked to consider resistances, many run Boundless Storm to save the monster set slot. Monster sets are important, and donning Mighty Chudan for the resists is a very big sacrifice. We shouldn't be forced into using only Chudan. This means that Boundless takes our last flex spot.
    Since Reach is quite avoidable, Streak has to fulfill the role of a good CC. It is undodgable, which is important and good. But it can't deal with block. Rune Cage used to do that. It doesn't anymore. Cage does not combo with Meteor anymore, and that is still the most important ultimate. Even if Cage was to be made comboable again - as I just explained, the skill slot is reserved for Boundless. Cage is useless now.

I suggest Streak CC becoming unblockable.
    This would help with setting up combos against blockers. It would help Meteor. And as it is an essential skill, it solves the barspace problem. You still have to get close and aim, so there is counterplay.
    Note I want the ->CC<- to be unblockable, not the danage. Undodgable, unblockable half-spammable damage could be a bad thing. So I would like Streak's damage to remain blockable, but the CC not. If that is not technically possible, you could re-integrate the initial AoE explosion that Bolt Escape and Ball of Lightning have, and have that be unblockable, while the rest, the cone move, remains unchanged.

Also, for consoles only, Streak needs to become more fluid. Turning 180 degree after the animation takes too long. A higher maximum look sensitivity would help tremendously.

2. Healing Ward
    The removal of the upfront heal really hurts sorcs. I understand sorcs should have a hard time healing back up, as they have additional shields to protect their hp bar. But with all the unshieldable damage like Oblivion enchants, and the increased emphasis on hp bars over shield strength thanks to the hp cap, sorcs need some form of HoT. Not a huge one, but some. There is Rapid Regen/Mutagen, but there is no barspace. Dropping Healing Ward for a weak HoT is not competitive for your standard build against hard-hitting (stamina) builds. You need that additional shield.

I suggest giving Healing Ward a mild HoT.
    When you cast Healing Ward, the target receives a small HoT. I am considering 1k per second for six seconds, even if Healing Ward gets nullified before six seconds have passed. The exact numbers are up for debate, of course. But I oriented myself after Rapid Regen, which is roughly 1k health per second fir 16 seconds. Rapid Regen, however, is cheaper, lasts longer and hits multiple opponents, which should justify why Healing Ward's HoT would have the shield on top of it.

This would alleviate some pain sorcs are feeling against certain builds, it would fit the sorc toolkit and open up interesting build variety, while keeping the shield feel of the class that people are used to and miss these days.
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"I'll bite" says the guy that proposed to get rid of stam class skills.

I'm not agreeing with the other guy, but a lot of current stamina skills have created balance issues because utility skills were never really meant to cost stamina.

From a purely design perspective, stamina sorc is the most balanced in terms of division of class skills. Building into magicka results in greater utility, moreso than any other class currently. That was the balancing factor for the fact that magicka has to invest in stamina in order to roll dodge and block. Stamplar used to be pretty balanced in this regard as well, but the latest change to rune kind of tips the scale. From a balance perspective, it's a welcomed change but from a strictly game design perspective it was an unnecessary and arguably poor change.

Hurricane costing stamina decreases the need for actual investment into magicka sustain.

It also makes more sense thematically. Conjuring a hurricane with oneself as the eye of the storm isn't something that can be done just by flexing one's muscles

However, this is all just a moot point considering how much the game has evolved from its original design. Reverting utility skills to magicka at this point would do more harm than good. Just pointing out that sometimes even a fools hope can lead to a revelation, even if it is 100% unrelated to the original intention.
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »

1. Streak
    This is now the needed CC skill. After shields got tweaked to consider resistances, many run Boundless Storm to save the monster set slot. Monster sets are important, and donning Mighty Chudan for the resists is a very big sacrifice. We shouldn't be forced into using only Chudan. This means that Boundless takes our last flex spot.
    Since Reach is quite avoidable, Streak has to fulfill the role of a good CC. It is undodgable, which is important and good. But it can't deal with block. Rune Cage used to do that. It doesn't anymore. Cage does not combo with Meteor anymore, and that is still the most important ultimate. Even if Cage was to be made comboable again - as I just explained, the skill slot is reserved for Boundless. Cage is useless now.

This would help with setting up combos against blockers. It would help Meteor. And as it is an essential skill, it solves the barspace problem. You still have to get close and aim, so there is counterplay.
    Note I want the ->CC<- to be unblockable, not the danage. Undodgable, unblockable half-spammable damage could be a bad thing. So I would like Streak's damage to remain blockable, but the CC not. If that is not technically possible, you could re-integrate the initial AoE explosion that Bolt Escape and Ball of Lightning have, and have that be unblockable, while the rest, the cone move, remains unchanged.

Also, for consoles only, Streak needs to become more fluid. Turning 180 degree after the animation takes too long. A higher maximum look sensitivity would help tremendously.

I would also recommend reducing the cost increase or removing the stacking cost entirely on streak.

This would solve some sustain related issues with the class in PVP and allow to build for more damage.
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. Streak

I would also recommend reducing the cost increase or removing the stacking cost entirely on streak.

This would solve some sustain related issues with the class in PVP and allow to build for more damage.

Remove the stacking cost would really help. If removing the stacking cost isn't an option then drop the timer to 2 sec vs 4 sec. That would still would still penalize spamming but would help with repositioning.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, another thing!
    The bug where you get stuck in shield casting animation is still there. Skills still go off, luckily, but having no animation on them is irritating.
    It's a minor thing, not worth worrying about on Christmas. But it may hint, as already mentioned by other people, at remnants of the shield casting time still being in the code and ACCESSIBLE by the game. This may cause further problems in the future...

Anyway, merry Chris'mas!
    (^o^)/
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bardx86 wrote: »

1. Streak

Remove the stacking cost would really help. If removing the stacking cost isn't an option then drop the timer to 2 sec vs 4 sec. That would still would still penalize spamming but would help with repositioning.

If a nightblade can reenter stealth imediately, I should be able to streak imediately
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that streak distance should increase at the same rate that the cost increases. If my last streak before I go oom costs 12k, then I want to travel 40 meters! This would really help us to escape gap closer spammers.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • CaptainVenom
    CaptainVenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bolt Escape needs a rework, actually. Why always moving forward? This spell should enable you to teleport to where you are moving (right, left or back).
    🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bardx86 wrote: »

1. Streak

If a nightblade can reenter stealth imediately, I should be able to streak imediately

I completely agree! However ZOS prolly will never do that so I was trying for compromise.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    things i want to see

- shields improved
    - sustain improved
    - frag getting stun
    - faster less telegraphed meteor
    - sorc getting some debuffs finally
    - overload light attack damage unnerfed
    - boundless unnerfed and then buffed
    - streak buff
    - sorc setting a low cost mag spammable
  • Onmari
    Onmari
    I wanted to express my disappointment regarding the recent reveal of a necromancer class waiting in the wings. Back in September, there was a fiery uproar about the proposed nerfs for the sorcerer, many of which became reality. The changes hobbled my three man group and our fun in completing dlc dungeons. We all took a break from the game.

Below is my comment back in September when I was puzzling out the reasoning for the nerfs, some of which I felt were meant to deliberately make the class awkward to play, rather like how the Templar was nerfed pre-Warden.

Is one class is being muddled so the new purchasable class is more attractive? This business practice goes against simple gaming community logic. All classes should be awesome and fun to play. Don't worry, if we gamers like it, we will buy it. Typically when we like a game, we want all the things. We will encourage our gamer friends to come play with us too. But betray us with this mind game crap, destroy the play styles we have spent weeks, months, ... even years perfecting so the new class seems more shiny is a lose lose. Other devs know this, why don't you?
    Onmari wrote: »
    Thanks for the answer @wills43b14_ESO.

If you set all the in-fighting about pvp, who is a skilled player and who isn't, it boils down to --All classes have an instant shield / heal in their kit but sorcerers will not. It just doesn't make any sense

Frankly, these changes do not seem to be about balance. Because this seems pretty basic. If you asked the general populace who plays a sorcerer on ESO, if they need a immediate shield or heal to play or if they could get by without one, I think the majority are going to want or need one.

In my opinion, these changes will make the sorcerer weak, slow and unfun to play and they only would be doing that if they want to bring on something more attractive (necromancer, anyone?) and to /purchase and play. Perhaps they learned their lesson from the last time when they gutted classes to make the warden attractive. They made the nerfs at the same time they brought the warden out and irked many current players.

It makes more sense then their reasons, right?

• rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanted to express my disappointment regarding the recent reveal of a necromancer class waiting in the wings. Back in September, there was a fiery uproar about the proposed nerfs for the sorcerer, many of which became reality. The changes hobbled my three man group and our fun in completing dlc dungeons. We all took a break from the game.

Below is my comment back in September when I was puzzling out the reasoning for the nerfs, some of which I felt were meant to deliberately make the class awkward to play, rather like how the Templar was nerfed pre-Warden.

Is one class is being muddled so the new purchasable class is more attractive? This business practice goes against simple gaming community logic. All classes should be awesome and fun to play. Don't worry, if we gamers like it, we will buy it. Typically when we like a game, we want all the things. We will encourage our gamer friends to come play with us too. But betray us with this mind game crap, destroy the play styles we have spent weeks, months, ... even years perfecting so the new class seems more shiny is a lose lose. Other devs know this, why don't you?
    Thanks for the answer @wills43b14_ESO.

If you set all the in-fighting about pvp, who is a skilled player and who isn't, it boils down to --All classes have an instant shield / heal in their kit but sorcerers will not. It just doesn't make any sense

Frankly, these changes do not seem to be about balance. Because this seems pretty basic. If you asked the general populace who plays a sorcerer on ESO, if they need a immediate shield or heal to play or if they could get by without one, I think the majority are going to want or need one.

In my opinion, these changes will make the sorcerer weak, slow and unfun to play and they only would be doing that if they want to bring on something more attractive (necromancer, anyone?) and to /purchase and play. Perhaps they learned their lesson from the last time when they gutted classes to make the warden attractive. They made the nerfs at the same time they brought the warden out and irked many current players.

It makes more sense then their reasons, right?

Absolute on point, seems the gaming industry is self sabotaging rn, stupid decisions usually kill entire franchises
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing I will say is: Pet sorcs need significant dps buffs in pve. If you are going to pigeonhole us, then we need to not be 10k dps behind other mag specs.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about we trade the silly summoning tree for useful class skills? Leave the summoning tree to the new necromancers.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    How about we trade the silly summoning tree for useful class skills? Leave the summoning tree to the new necromancers.

This!

The only problem I have with this solution is that ZOS will interpret it as "Oh! Sorcs don't need shields anymore. And neither do they need an undodgeable and cloak breaking curse. So let's not give their new skill line anything similar to that".