The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Class Rep] Sorcerer Feedback Thread

• Donnasnowheart_ESO
    Donnasnowheart_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    If necro ends up being a better sorc its going to be pretty sad
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    How about we trade the silly summoning tree for useful class skills? Leave the summoning tree to the new necromancers.

Don't tempt them. They are just going the "Stam sorc" way, remove the tree and put nothing in its place.
    Edited by Vahrokh on January 15, 2019 9:57AM
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It shall, because you'll have to pay (to win), like they have done for class and gear in any DLC and expansion before.
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vahrokh wrote: »

It shall, because you'll have to pay (to win), like they have done for class and gear in any DLC and expansion before.

Well, that's the problem with only introducing a new class every few years. Everyone wants to use it. I'm not worried, though. I've survived as a sorc for years and still do great with it. However, I would like ZOS developers to look at 3rd tier morphing, to allow for specific skill trees. 2-tier isn't really a tree. It's a shrub. :)
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liquid lightning is bugged - fix it please

this class is nearly unplayable between all the nerfs and bugs.
    Edited by marius_buys on January 15, 2019 2:25PM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    iCaliban wrote: »
    One thing I will say is: Pet sorcs need significant dps buffs in pve. If you are going to pigeonhole us, then we need to not be 10k dps behind other mag specs.

And the racial passive changes make it worse, for two reasons:
    • Max magicka is being replaced with spell power, which is useless for pets.
    • Pet sorcerers have one of the most purely elemental spectrums of damage, so -- except for magicka DKs -- they lose the most from the elimination of elemental damage buffs.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on January 18, 2019 2:17AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

How so?

I ask because, in fact, I have NOT been playing sorcerers for a while, even though they were long my main class.
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1.) Sorcerer Sustain; The Dark Conversion Nerf hurts the sustain greatly. The skill is already bashable, why does it have to give resources over and X period of time. You are sacrificing one resource for another, for me it’s stamina, which means I can’t roll dodge or break free as much after using it. So why do I have to be gimped further by having my resources returned slowly when I’m already making myself vulnerable, through no stamina and being interrupted. Meanwhile Wardens have the Netch that costs nothing, restores the resource they choose, gives them major brutality/sorcerery, and the magicka one also has a cleanse.... What???? I feel I can even sustain better on my DK with 1.6k mag recovery, than a BRETON Sorcerer with 2.2k mag recovery. I’m not even gonna mention the other classes.

2.) Two Sorcerer Passives locked to using Pets; This is also very limiting. Rebate is a good passive but it needs to be unlocked from required pets. It would also help with our crappy sustain listed above. Expert Summoner, would be great since Sorcerer’s are naturally a wet paper bag when it comes to defenses. The 8% max heath would be nice to have without needing a pet.

BONUS ROUND:
    Crystal blast is a terrible skill, (mostly) no one uses it except noobs, and you know what happens to noobs that use this. THEY GET INTERRUPTED and INSTA-GIBBED. It’s about time that you transformed this turd into something useful aka STAMINA Morph near the usefulness of Frags (crystallize your weapons or something). Oh! And, Air Atro... still waiting, and I don’t even have a StamSorc...
    Edited by Valykc on January 22, 2019 1:35PM
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    iCaliban wrote: »
    One thing I will say is: Pet sorcs need significant dps buffs in pve. If you are going to pigeonhole us, then we need to not be 10k dps behind other mag specs.

And the racial passive changes make it worse, for two reasons:
    • Max magicka is being replaced with spell power, which is useless for pets.
    • Pet sorcerers have one of the most purely elemental spectrums of damage, so -- except for magicka DKs -- they lose the most from the elimination of elemental damage buffs.

It could be worse. You could be a pet sorc who also happens to be Dark Elf, like me.
    Edited by Vahrokh on January 22, 2019 1:33PM
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    honestly i cant wait to test my petsorc once changes go live. I somehow manage to get on it 40k deeps self buff, with 85%+ uptime of minor vulnerability, and 90%+ uptime of minor prophecy for group support (was around 600 cp when i finished my build and was happy it).

they might have removed % max magicka from passives, but in the same patch notes they are buffing pets. they are also buffing sorcs in general.

like i posted in another place the only thing i am lacking for pet sorc is untergetable for pets in pve (for ability to use bankers and crafting stations, and unkillable is really silly and unfair with hm boss in vSCP heavy attacking them while i resurrect people)
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am really worried about stamsorc. The loss of synergy with dots and implosion is a big hit.

It is OK to change the passive but stamsorc need some usefull passives.
  • KhajiitFelix
    KhajiitFelix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a stamsorc , I think we need buffs. Our sustain is crap (same goes for magsorc) and we got no class spammable.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pve wise all sorcs are getting buffed with the new passive
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The main thing I'd like to see now is either single-barred pets, a return of our third bar, and/or more multi-purpose abilities, to deal with our bar-space shortage.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    I am really worried about stamsorc. The loss of synergy with dots and implosion is a big hit.

Exactly. Stam Sorcs thrive of pressure. Be it Implosion or Surge, it went so well together with generic DoTs or Hurricane. But whatever, I lost all hope when they *** us over twice for being the speed class.
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just make pets occupy a single slot and not two and I will be quite happy.
    Also let the new Curse Eater set choke on sorcerers curse or else sorcerers will lose their only burst combo.
  • Aedrion
    Aedrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »

I've made a whole thread about stamsorc and its problems here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/453699/stamsorc-needs-an-overhaul#latest

Stamsorc and its few options for damage are being nerfed every patch, unintentionally. It needs life support and fast.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »

The Amplitude/Implosion switch is indeed pretty close to a wash for the loss of elemental damage.

And the spell power gain is pretty close to the max magicka loss even for pet sorcerers. So Altmer pet sorcerers may come out pretty close to where they were before ... which unfortunately wasn't very good.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on January 22, 2019 3:58PM
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »

The Amplitude/Implosion switch is indeed pretty close to a wash for the loss of elemental damage.

And the spell power gain is pretty close to the max magicka loss even for pet sorcerers. So Altmer pet sorcerers may come out pretty close to where they were before ... which unfortunately wasn't very good.

tbh, it feels a little behind where we were.

given all the *** that's been piled on sorcs recently, it seems that might be the intent.
  • Donnasnowheart_ESO
    Donnasnowheart_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    While the pet buff is nice for Sorcs I wouldn't be shocked if it was more related to the upcoming necro related pet abilities.
  • datgladiatah
    datgladiatah
    ✭✭✭
    It's nice that pets are getting a buff and all, but can ZOS do something about how awful Sorc skill balance and use is? Pets are still two bars, and I don't think that has any point to it because if it was 1 bar, then you could only use their ability only when you're on the bar you summoned them from, which is plenty enough trade off for how lame they are to use and how much they take away from Sorc gameplay. Also, entire sorc skill lines seem dedicated to one type of gameplay; dark magic for a lot of PVP abilities, and Daedric Summoning for a lot of PVP. As it is now, no one has a reason to use pets in PVP unless they want to gimp their capabilities, and no one uses daedric mines, encase, dark conversion, or rune prison in PVE unless they're some weird tank build or they have L2P sustain issues. And there's only one useable morph of crystal frags, and it's been that way since launch. When will this very commonly brought up issue be acknowledged by ZOS? And where are the stamina options? This whole class is an absolute disaster of terrible game design and they need several reworks.
  • Ignance
    Ignance
    Soul Shriven

that’s the thing where it goes and then it stops for no reason?

i thought i was just doing something wrong lol
    Edited by Ignance on January 23, 2019 4:24PM
    s/o KTT
  • AbbyMeowCat
    Clannfear Pet does not go to Stealth when using Invisibility Potion in PvP like how it does for sneaking normally, even when you have no DoTs or when enemies utilise detection abilities.

Instead it continues attacking any enemies nearby and stays in combat.

Once you are out of range, it follows you and teleports to you as always but it can still be seen by enemies even though you are still in effect of the invisibility potion.

Enemies can still see and will follow your Clannfear and even though you are invisible or in stealth, enemies already can pinpoint your location.

This makes the invisibility potion so useless for Sorcerer Tanks to escape and vanish in tight situations and huge zergs.

To resolve this issue, I suggest pets should also immediately exit combat, teleport to the player and vanish along with the player if we want the potion to work as intended. Invisibility Potions can be costly and time consuming to farm.

Please have a look at this, Devs, and I hope you can fix this to improve gameplay for Sorcerer Tanks in PvP.

Thank you.
    AbbyMeowCat - Xbox One (NA)
    Long Time Dungeon Tank and Expert - 1200+ CP
    Hircine’s Champion/Alpha Predator/Blackrose Executioner

Nuraniyah at-Hanis (Main) - Redguard Dragonknight Tank
    Francine Charbonneau - Breton Templar Tank
    Tervur Dralen - Dunmer Dragonknight Tank
    Jaruk-dar - Khajiit Nightblade Tank
    Faranalda - Altmer Sorcerer Tank
    Runwen - Bosmer Warden Tank
    Laurina Favonius - Imperial Dragonknight Tank

• Liww
    Liww
    ✭✭✭
    for me a stam morph to curse would be huge. secondly armaments could get a buff,

I was thinking like a burst of speed, major expedition for 1.5 sec then minor for 1.5, with like minor toughness for the full duration and snare immunity aswel. its not that great in its current form, it feels a bit weird.

its alot to ask though :-P ditch the la damage with curse we will be fine. but I guess we wont get it because it would stack too well with pi or something lol same reason liquid aint getting a stsm morph is cuz of endless hail stacking. probably outperforming other classes..

• Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Liww wrote: »
    for me a stam morph to curse would be huge. secondly armaments could get a buff,

I was thinking like a burst of speed, major expedition for 1.5 sec then minor for 1.5, with like minor toughness for the full duration and snare immunity aswel. its not that great in its current form, it feels a bit weird.

its alot to ask though :-P ditch the la damage with curse we will be fine. but I guess we wont get it because it would stack too well with pi or something lol same reason liquid aint getting a stsm morph is cuz of endless hail stacking. probably outperforming other classes..

What good does 1.5s of anything do? Especially if you have Hurricane perma up, which includes minor expedition. 4s from other sources are already bad but 1.5? And what do you mean with "minor toughness for the full duration"? Nothing won by max avaible health increased by 10% for 3s, or do I get this wrong?

Nah, thank you. I'd also like to keep my extra la damage instead of that.

However, you got a point I mentioned all too often before. How comes the class arguably designed to be mobile (minor expedition, streak) comes without a snare removal?
  • Liww
    Liww
    ✭✭✭
    Liww wrote: »
    snip

What good does 1.5s of anything do? Especially if you have Hurricane perma up, which includes minor expedition. 4s from other sources are already bad but 1.5? And what do you mean with "minor toughness for the full duration"? Nothing won by max avaible health increased by 10% for 3s, or do I get this wrong?

Nah, thank you. I'd also like to keep my extra la damage instead of that.

However, you got a point I mentioned all too often before. How comes the class arguably designed to be mobile (minor expedition, streak) comes without a snare removal?

I do see where you are coming from but my idea for armaments does factor in the stam morph of curse. I think curse alone would very much make up for the light attack damage lost and givibg us surprise burst potention like how sub assault functions or curse bombs on magsorcs, but ticking twice and non-directed.

Perhaps a 2 second major expedition and a 8 second 5% speed boost on armaments, stacking with hurri, swift & the rest of the speed buffs, giving it a short spurt of speed and snare immunity, complimenting the speedy playstyle, whilst giving it a short duration of tankiness too, with a small 5% speed bonus ticking a little longer.

I mean we'd still be squishy in general w/o dw but we'd have some more point pressure to dish out.
  • jdahl1979
    jdahl1979
    Soul Shriven
    Pets should not need to be on both bars. Cast time is OK. Make the attacks from pets only occur when you are on the bar where the skill is located.
  • jdahl1979
    jdahl1979
    Soul Shriven
    Valykc wrote: »
    1.) Sorcerer Sustain; The Dark Conversion Nerf hurts the sustain greatly. The skill is already bashable, why does it have to give resources over and X period of time. You are sacrificing one resource for another, for me it’s stamina, which means I can’t roll dodge or break free as much after using it. So why do I have to be gimped further by having my resources returned slowly when I’m already making myself vulnerable, through no stamina and being interrupted. Meanwhile Wardens have the Netch that costs nothing, restores the resource they choose, gives them major brutality/sorcerery, and the magicka one also has a cleanse.... What???? I feel I can even sustain better on my DK with 1.6k mag recovery, than a BRETON Sorcerer with 2.2k mag recovery. I’m not even gonna mention the other classes.

2.) Two Sorcerer Passives locked to using Pets; This is also very limiting. Rebate is a good passive but it needs to be unlocked from required pets. It would also help with our crappy sustain listed above. Expert Summoner, would be great since Sorcerer’s are naturally a wet paper bag when it comes to defenses. The 8% max heath would be nice to have without needing a pet.

BONUS ROUND:
    Crystal blast is a terrible skill, (mostly) no one uses it except noobs, and you know what happens to noobs that use this. THEY GET INTERRUPTED and INSTA-GIBBED. It’s about time that you transformed this turd into something useful aka STAMINA Morph near the usefulness of Frags (crystallize your weapons or something). Oh! And, Air Atro... still waiting, and I don’t even have a StamSorc...

I think dark conversion should also carry a passive recovery when on the bar. Maybe not have the 20 sec buff interruptable and only the burst recovery.
  • twofaced
    twofaced
    ✭✭✭
    Liquid lightning stopped firing after murkmire. It works 3 times of 5. Ping 170, fps 20-30.
  • lueckgenb16_ESO
    Didn't go through 29 pages but here are my two cents about Sorc (StamSorc).

I like the upcoming change to Implosion but I think it hurts StamSorc the most because MagSorc have better burst on high health targets.

Maybe it's time for some skill rework because Sorc has VERY little skill conversion into Stamina builds (from class abilities) like other classes have now. We need more Stam-Morphs.

[edit] maybe he should be able to buff up their weapons with a mages Fury morph or something like this

Anyone feel the same?

Kind regards, have fun and hoping for the best!
    Edited by lueckgenb16_ESO on February 1, 2019 1:52PM