The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

[Class Rep] Sorcerer Feedback Thread

• Pastas
    Pastas
    ✭✭✭
    usmguy1234 wrote: »
    Galarthor wrote: »
    I wonder who at ZOS decided jump on the NB-fan train?

Kinda makes you wonder. NB (or stealth classes in general) are usually played by certain types of people, usually with big egos and an affinity to cheat / play dirty - if they didn't like this playstyle they would play something else after all.

That also explains why they are so vocal on the forums. In their mindset they are ofc the greatests. Giving that they cannot one-shot everybody and still take damage that means that there must be a class imbalance (at least in their minds). Which means NBs need buffs and everybody else needs nerfs. Oh and even if they know they are OP, they still ask for these changes b/c they like to play dirty. At the same time this also sounds like psycopaths, who can be really charming ... maybe ZOS fell for that! Or the person in charge is a NB him-/herself.

Rumors say wrobel plays a bleedblade. Kind of makes sense, since those are both very op and haven't been touched. Yet sorc needs "counterplay."

Rumors are true, NBs and Wrobel have made an alliance with a daedric prince and they plan to conquer all Tamriel ...
    WARNING
    This post may Include horrible gramatical and orthographic errors
    Read on your own risk
    AD
    Dar'foo Stamblade Zorg-gro-Wurf DK tank Far-Datxo Templar healer Valmir Spellius Magsorc
    Randolf Omberic Magblade Felien Golas Magdk Faenor Oakwood Stamplar Sader Dustorm Stamsorc
    EP
    Do'Ragash Stamdk Caius Grachus Stamden Dalyne Narus Magplar
    DC
    Melkar Spellius Magden
    PC EU
  • Heymexa
    Heymexa
    ✭✭✭
    After changing the magic shields:

Dear developers. My views look like this:

1. I propose to remove the opportunity to become invisible in the Nightblade class.
    2. I suggest removing all the abilities to heal from the Templar and Warden classes.
    3. I propose to remove all the fire damage abilities of Dragonknight class. Remove the opportunity to use the shield.

Sorcerer in PVP. RIP. 17.09.2018.
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    and there is the final nail in the coffin
  • swirve
    swirve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jeez do you guys cry a lot.
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heymexa wrote: »

1. I propose to remove the opportunity to become invisible in the Nightblade class.
    2. I suggest removing all the abilities to heal from the Templar and Warden classes.
    3. I propose to remove all the fire damage abilities of Dragonknight class. Remove the opportunity to use the shield.

You missed something:
    Since Dodge Roll is also instant and mitigates a lot of damage it should also get a 1 sec cast time tbf.
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    its not crying when you are the most persecuted class in game :)
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭

lmfao i couldn't agree more man these people honestly dont have a clue when it comes to this game
  • swirve
    swirve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ozazz wrote: »
    its not crying when you are the most persecuted class in game :)

Warden says hi... dont cry.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »
    Can't wait for the pts patch notes and the meeting notes, both coming with sorc nerfs and new ideas for future sorc nerfs :open_mouth:

Yup.
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    7k hours later, hundreds of dollars spent on this game, invested into two platforms, and this is the treatment they give to certain players that main a class because they feel its socially validated. its evident that the developers dont have any concern/regard to the skill gap/ceiling they have on their own product. this has been proven time and time again, and its the veterans that have to suffer!!
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Add a 1 sec cast time on roll dodge, cloak, heal skills, and let's see what is happening.
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozazz wrote: »
    7k hours later, hundreds of dollars spent on this game, invested into two platforms, and this is the treatment they give to certain players that main a class because they feel its socially validated. its evident that the developers dont have any concern/regard to the skill gap/ceiling they have on their own product. this has been proven time and time again, and its the veterans that have to suffer!!

That's why we're leaving. I only came here for the patch notes, kind of 'excited', now leaving shocked with a smile on my face. Cool stuff.
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    @LegendaryMage m8 if you post that you'll leave in a comment you'll get it removed lol. i've literally have been in a discussion with a moderator because of it. this game is truly in a sad sate as the future gets worse and worse.
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ozazz Quitting threads are one thing, leaving the forums shocked, as in, exiting, is another. Thank you my friend but I'm sure my post is politically correct. :)
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    ah i see what you did :)
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galarthor wrote: »

You missed something:
    Since Dodge Roll is also instant and mitigates a lot of damage it should also get a 1 sec cast time tbf.

Cloak negates all damage, it needs a 1 sec cast time
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://gfycat.com/ScientificLonelyHalcyon

[SHIELDS GUTTED]
    1. Crittable
    2. > 1 second Cast time
    3. Interuptable....
    jaws343 wrote: »
    It makes, incap, light attack, bash, surprise attack, execute the new stamblade meta rotation.

And on a low stam LA toon good luck having not used much Stam so you can break free before dieing. :*

Edited by Cronopoly on September 17, 2018 8:13PM
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    delete
    Edited by Cronopoly on September 18, 2018 1:10AM
  • Appo
    Appo
    ✭✭✭
    Can we get rid of Block casting and add a 1 sec cast time to blocking please?!
  • NeroBad
    NeroBad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vahrokh wrote: »
    My pain point today: STOP GUTTING OUR DAMN CLASS.

You have made streak irrelevant.
    You have taken away our ONE class defining ability.
    You have made us suck in 1vX.
    You have destroyed our regen.
    You have taken away our utility with the off-balance nerf. Now we are only taken as Alkosh-buff-bots.
    You have made our DPS worse than another class imitating us.
    Now we cannot even cast mage light without the gankers being notified.
    You are about to "rework" (also known as butcher) our 3rd bar ultimate.
    You have made AoE (our "specialty") pet specs actually negative to the success of a trial AND with inferior DPS to boot.

And now, come next patch, incoming final nerf. Nerf on something that we have had nerfed so many times already: our shields.

With the sad excuse that "healers became redundant" you are punishing *1* (one) class. Because, apparently, healers are just fine, seen by every other class point of view.

What's actually LEFT of us?

What's the next huge crown store popup, a 6k crowns class change token? Just giving us a tiny hint?

Make it 4k and I will buy it instant. And it would be intereting to see which class would be switched most, also for what class.
    Edited by NeroBad on September 18, 2018 7:08AM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The changes suck. What sucks more is them bothering to create the reps initiative.

I feel for those guys. Utterly. I know how much effort many of them put into Sorc changes in particular. Bringing balanced arguements to the table and this lot of nonsense lands.

It's not even the detail, its the misguided direction.....
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Shame that you couldnt save the class

What's left
    A Glass Lame Sitting Duck!
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • anatole1234
    anatole1234
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's a change in a good direction but they over did it. Hardened ward deserves the 1sec cast time but not annulment because you are nerfing all light armor builds through that. If healing ward/annulment are instant and can be critted/pened and only hardened ward has a cast time I think it would be balanced without gimping all light armor builds
  • Finisherofwar
    Finisherofwar
    ✭✭
    Don't add cast time to damage shields. Find another solution to shield stacking or better yet just settle for the nerf that doing crit damage to them already is enough.
  • Vixenator
    Vixenator
    ✭✭✭
    This is my post out of desperation and frustration about this "shield nerf". Magsorc has been my main since beta. All my achievements are on it. I invested my time into this one. Its my first. So switching to another char or class because of the constant amputations is not an option.

Ok you nerfed rune prison. It sucks but I made other other choices because I have to... But do you see me whining here posting threads about how Nightblades are the only class who can control a fight? That they can simply cloak away like Houdini when theyre losing and then surprise attack you from hide and be regened? Do you see me posting threads about nerfing the fact that there are so many double cc abilities that I as a magsorc is punished against even on cp pvp because I dont have the stamina to constantly battle such things even when I dump points into stamina? Do you see me making posts about NB having a 10k hit ult that only costs 50 ult? this list can go on. Answer is NO, im not here crying making nerf posts.

Playing since beta I never bothered to look into the test server and this imcoming nerf has me motivated enough to do so. This incoming nerf has me also motivated to come here and complain which I have not done about other Sorc nerfs. This is the final NO for me.

I dont see shield stacking as a problem. I have used it. I have fought against it. There are attributes to other classes and setups I dont like but so what? You cant set yourself up to be both defensive and offensive against every single niche person out there you may run into. Shield stacking aside just using ONE is crippled. Using shields doesnt make healers useless.LOL. Healers mean I dont usually need to equip one hellooooo. I use shields in certain situations. I also use a heal staff in certain situations too. Should we prevent dps classes from using a general skill so healers dont feel useless? This is a really lame cover up...

Magicka setups are already gimped against stamina setups in pvp....I dont even see them anymore..very rarely. When I do see them, theyre hidden in a zerg at the back under protection because they cant play without support anymore.

I HAVE adjusted over and over to the constant sorc changes.This is my limit.Ive stayed quiet about it until now.This shield nerf nonsense just ruined pvp for me and vma. Dont go through with it. This is nonsensical . Do. Not. Do. It.
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't add cast time to damage shields. Find another solution to shield stacking or better yet just settle for the nerf that doing crit damage to them already is enough.

crit damage to shields will still make the class utterly useless in pvp. all together its a loose loose situation. Say that one second cast time doesn't go through, that means that shields will be critable overload will be lost rune prison becomes even more nerfed, and dark exchange. a highly doubt they will remove any or all of these horrible decisions from pts. if the cast time and critable shields go through and even maybe overload. it'll most definitely be the deal breaker for me on this game and many other veterans I've talked too. any of these changes virtually make solo play near impossible on this class and thats not even mentioning what they are doing to dodge roll and shuffle, they are trying to make solo play impossible all around it seems. i cant advocate for any of this, let alone continue to play a game that the developers have no regard to their skill gap/ceiling when it comes to competitive play.
  • Harrdarrzarr
    Harrdarrzarr
    ✭✭✭
    With all this specific crying about sorcs getting destroyed, people make it sound as if sorcs cannot function when they can't spam shields. Is this true? Do those changes not affect all classes?
  • codestripper
    codestripper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I figured the best way I could express my concerns for this patch would be in the form of solo content. Therefore I decided to do a few flawless runs on the PTS with the new shield changes, and test what does work, and what does not work for my playstyle.

Here is a rundown of my last score on Live this patch, vs my best score on PTS (after about 5 runs).
    PTS:
    Score - 575323
    Live:
    Score - 582413

My difference is about 7k. A few things I've noticed while running though:
    PROS:
    - My shield feels unnecessarily strong due to my own resistances being accounted for before hitting a magical shield that's supposed to surround my armor.
    - The shield length improvement is a very good buff as I can almost make it through a whole rotation now without having to worry about my shield going down.
    CONS:
    - Rotations feel a lot less fluid
    - Movement in general is impaired due to channeling (sometimes at very inconvenient times)
    - Noticed that even though my animation would fire, at certain times the shield would not
    - I'd say that the biggest difference is in time. It's just simply not efficient to run a shield due to the cast time (which definitely feels like more than 1 second). You simply cannot achieve the same scores as the Live server unless you run it in combination with power surge, and rely mainly on power surge for sustaining. I just don't like such an inconsistent heal since my build does not have very high crit.

I just really don't like the fact that after 3 and a half years of playing this character, I'm now being forced to adapt or switch playstyles. I almost feel like I'd have to switch the ward out for power surge and get mother's sorrow on to even approach a score above 580k. That is currently my biggest pain point for my class.

I just want to play this game how I fell in love with it. Me, my pets, and a reliable shield. I won't cry if these changes take place, but I will most definitely be switching to my stamina characters for a while. No need to focus on getting better scores on my magsorc if I can't even come close to my previous score AND I have to deal with countless seconds of lost time thanks to this new casted survivability.
    Since everyone seems to be doing this,
    DPS Builds:
    - Magicka Sorcerer (Pet) [Flawless Conqueror @ 565CP] - 582k
    - Magicka Nightblade [Flawless Conqueror @ 780CP] - 575k
    - Stamina Sorcerer [Flawless Conqueror @ 420CP] - 560k
    - Magicka Classless [Flawless Conqueror @ 810CP] - 540k
    - Magicka Templar [Stormproof] - 550k
    - Magicka Warden [Stormproof] - 510k
    - Stamina Templar [In Development]
    - Stamina DK [In Development]
    - Stamina NB [Under 50]
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wanna share my terrible time in vMA yesterday. 8/11 deaths were because the shield wasn't up in time.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only shield change I can somewhat get behind is the enchant and poison proc thingy. I always felt this was a strange concept.