The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

[Class Rep] Sorcerer Feedback Thread

• Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From my gameplay experience casting proactively a shield with 1s cast time could only be compensated with an enlargement of around 100-200% of its strength in both pvp and pve and a 30s uptime minimum.

Ah well... always my comparison but I am really looking at another game where shields can be spammed instantly, blink can be used to break roots, there is a 10s invisible spell and a 30s CC (against players in pvp) as defenses. And exactly this is how it should be be for cloth users, which rely on magicka for their defense. But no, not in this game..... I can only recommend any dev to play WoW in PvP to see how this is done in the right way. Personally I might go back to it if my main class is nerfed to the ground here.
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Terrible, Class rep and ZOS as a whole have let down the Sorc class.
  • XZS2JHub17_ESO
    XZS2JHub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    1. Pets die very easily and is very hard to control what they do. They also need to stop taking both weapon skill bars. Have a pet on one skill bar and it stays alive until it dies.

2. Stamsorcs dont benefit much from class passives or skills. One morph of overload should do physical damage and restore stamina like energy overload does with magicka.

#GiveBack1000UltPoints
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KBKB wrote: »

Most sorcerer class reps are as confused as us on to why they did such absurd changes and nerfs.

Basically ZOS ignored all our feedback from discord, the class reps are not to blame, theyre just as forgotten by zos as we are.
    Edited by rafaelcsmaia on September 19, 2018 3:00PM
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozazz wrote: »
    7k hours later, hundreds of dollars spent on this game, invested into two platforms, and this is the treatment they give to certain players that main a class because they feel its socially validated. its evident that the developers dont have any concern/regard to the skill gap/ceiling they have on their own product. this has been proven time and time again, and its the veterans that have to suffer!!

I dont think that they will eventually make LIVE this shield 1 sec cast time, but im quite sure they will make shields crittable. Now thats a magsorc death as well since magsorc has nothing.

This game is balanced by petting form whineBlades to make them cry less by nerfing DK's in past and now by nerfing MagSorcs just because they cant L2P.

They nerf sorc or NOT, im not going to invest ANY money again on them untill they start to act like serious developers and not like forum whineBlade babysitters.

ZoS youre unworthy of your time+money.
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Most sorcerer class reps are as confused as us on to why they did such absurd changes and nerfs.

Basically ZOS ignored all our feedback from discord, the class reps are not to blame, theyre just as forgotten by zos as we are.

When they took the title they should have realized they represent us/our respective classes and ZOS. If they are our only albeit slim means of communication then they have dramatically failed in their core role and should resign for being part of "The Team" that let this absolute howler through.
  • Expert
    Expert
    ✭✭✭✭
    I encourage that if you are unhappy with what's on PTS Live, unsub to the game. A big chunk of the community has done so, and the only way to get recognized is not to voice your opinion. They do not listen to their class reps, why should they listen to us? But simply just click the unsubscribe button and invest your money in a better place where everyone can be happy. Hey, Pizza can do that.
  • DorianDragonRaze
    DorianDragonRaze
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please enable weapon skills on the 3rd bar but don't remove it. You're ruining nice magsorc builds and taking away utility options. Or, at least, make pets single slotted.
    Edited by DorianDragonRaze on September 19, 2018 7:46PM
    I used to be an adventurer like you, then I got the ESO on my hard drive...
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galarthor wrote: »
    Heymexa wrote: »
    After changing the magic shields:

Dear developers. My views look like this:

1. I propose to remove the opportunity to become invisible in the Nightblade class.
    2. I suggest removing all the abilities to heal from the Templar and Warden classes.
    3. I propose to remove all the fire damage abilities of Dragonknight class. Remove the opportunity to use the shield.

Sorcerer in PVP. RIP. 17.09.2018.

You missed something:
    Since Dodge Roll is also instant and mitigates a lot of damage it should also get a 1 sec cast time tbf.

Along with Rally, and Vigor...both should get a 1 sec interruptable cast time.

We can rename the game to Crushing Shock online.
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just alot for Mag Sorcs to process, within 40 days, buff of Rune Cage, 2 weeks later gutt of Rune Cage, and now Proposed Loss of Overload Bar, Dark Exchange resource Nerf, Shields (Interruptable, > 1 sec Cast time in practice, & Crittable)...With no lube...

Many Stam players are saying Mag players should adapt, Block, Roll Dodge, and or go hybrid. I'll Obviously refrain from speaking what comes naturally to mind as a response.

Is this the same as when Mag Templars had their round of Nerfs over a year ago? Or when DK's had to adapt as they were unkillable tanking zergs in Light Armor in PVP?

Even with shield stacks Sorcs were still getting merked by smart Stamina players utilizing Bleeds, so it's not like there is no counterplay in PVP where there's ALOT of Sorc deaths (Magicka players in general) by Smart stamina players.

Any sane person has always said that Shield Stacking & Crittability was the real problem. Sublty seems a foreign concept for some reason. Looking at you ZOS.

The questioning of ZOS credibility would likely not be as bad if it was proposed "Shields can be critted, and not stacked".
  • CaptainVenom
    CaptainVenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some Sorcerer rework ideas:
    1. Rune Cage (Rune Prison morph): Imprison an enemy in a sphere of dark magic, dealing [x] magic damage stunning them for [y] seconds. Name changed to Rune Crash.
    2. Defensive Rune (Rune Prison morph): Place a rune of protection on yourself for 1 minute. While active, the next enemy to attack you is imprisoned in a sphere of dark magic, stunning them for [y] seconds and afflicting the enemy with Minor Maim, reducing their damage by 15% for 4 seconds.

This would transform Rune Cage into a main spammable, but working in a similar way to Fire/Lightning Destructive Touch. Adding Minor Maim to Defensive Rune would be great for defense purposes, so the sorcerer/sorceress will need to choose between a main spammable or a way to protect themselves.
    3. Blood Magic: Hitting an enemy with a Dark Magic ability heals you for 5% of damage done every second for 4 seconds. This effect can occur once every 4 seconds.

Since we would have a main spammable, Blood Magic would need to work in a different way as well.
    🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cronopoly wrote: »
    Just alot for Mag Sorcs to process, within 40 days, buff of Rune Cage, 2 weeks later gutt of Rune Cage, and now Proposed Loss of Overload Bar, Dark Exchange resource Nerf, Shields (Interruptable, > 1 sec Cast time in practice, & Crittable)...With no lube...

Many Stam players are saying Mag players should adapt, Block, Roll Dodge, and or go hybrid. I'll Obviously refrain from speaking what comes naturally to mind as a response.

Is this the same as when Mag Templars had their round of Nerfs over a year ago? Or when DK's had to adapt as they were unkillable tanking zergs in Light Armor in PVP?

Even with shield stacks Sorcs were still getting merked by smart Stamina players utilizing Bleeds, so it's not like there is no counterplay in PVP where there's ALOT of Sorc deaths (Magicka players in general) by Smart stamina players.

Any sane person has always said that Shield Stacking & Crittability was the real problem. Sublty seems a foreign concept for some reason. Looking at you ZOS.

The questioning of ZOS credibility would likely not be as bad if it was proposed "Shields can be critted, and not stacked".

A magsorc pays the hardest way shieldstacking vs a staminator. Now if you think a magsorc can survive with 1critable shield vs stamina users burst, be my guest, do it and give me a nice video so i can L2P myself.

Because many staminators have armor debuffs, specially stamblades that run around with spriggan so:

10k armor for sorc

-5280 from supAttack/eledrain ETC ETC ETC

-4000 from spriggan

You have a magsorc Vs a stamblade with 1000 resistance + the ability to be critted.

Go on survive this from a decent player, give me a nice vid too.
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nicko_Lps wrote: »

A magsorc pays the hardest way shieldstacking vs a staminator. Now if you think a magsorc can survive with 1critable shield vs stamina users burst, be my guest, do it and give me a nice video so i can L2P myself.

Because many staminators have armor debuffs, specially stamblades that run around with spriggan so:

10k armor for sorc

-4000 from spriggan

You have a magsorc Vs a stamblade with 1000 resistance + the ability to be critted.

Someone said run a brass/impreg/bloodspawn sorc build. I'm guessing with 3 regen jewelry as well. I mean, sure, you 'could' stalemate people with that build and maybe even kill an AFK player, but that's about it.

I never thought they would be able to mess up the game this much, this quick. It's like someone who doesn't play, or hasn't played it, is now making combat/balance decisions.

They might as well flip a coin next time and at least 50% of the time they will be right in what they do.
  • Knightpanther
    Knightpanther
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBH its always expected, just the same as any other MMO out there (Except Everquest) where PvPers whine and PVE folks have to live with the nerfs that result.

Good Job you whiners go and play a fps.

Be Safe
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

10k armor for sorc

-4000 from spriggan

Penetration has never had an effect on shields previously. The main reason to NOT use spriggans has always been the prevalence of magsorcs in PvP.

The more you know.
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭

10k armor for sorc

-4000 from spriggan

Make no mistake, I agree with you. My only point was that I could see some type of Nerf, but damn they propose to go deep.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just throwing my 2cents in on the whole "pen was useless on shields" thingy:

I always liked that you have to make choices or that you have to spread out your stats to be effective against your target. Running a penetration build against magsorcs? Bad choice. But hitting a heavy armor dude? Good for you. Kinda vice versa for a high wpn dmg build against ward users or against someone where high penetration (or bleeds) would have been better.

After the patchs I see no reason to not run a high crit/ high pen build. Dumbs it down a bit, not good for diversity. Also makes Impen even more mandatory.

But that doesn't reflects my opinion on armor mitigation and crittablity on shields.
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on September 20, 2018 6:30PM
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭
    I seriously do not know how I can run vMA with having to not die in one or two hits because I have to stop and cast a shield. This seriously interrupts the flow of combat. Keep instant cast, and if you must change something, just make them critable. Also, after reading the class rep notes, I can say that I never knew anyone who didn't appreciate having a healer in a group! They help make sure I'm not spending resources keeping my shields up 100% of the time instead of DPSing like I want to be doing.
    Edited by MRusso89 on September 20, 2018 7:56PM
    Hermaeus Mora, elder than Ada, Abyssal Cephaliarch, hearken to the plea of this unworthy, for I have come to barter for knowledge denied.
    excerpt from Fragmentae Abyssum Hermaeus Morus
  • legohead
    legohead
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by legohead on October 9, 2019 11:39AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven’t see class reps saying much about all this. Biggest statement I’ve seen from a class rep has been cute threads asking questions like “what does being a Sorc mean to you”.

I am certainly not suggesting the class reps are complicit nor am I suggesting their or benefit or not. I just wonder who their representing.
    Edited by idk on September 20, 2018 8:15PM
  • pattyLtd
    pattyLtd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, all my posts in here get deleted.
    Dont create feedback threads if ya cant take it.

I try again...
    You said same thing about wanting to make players have to decide between sustain or damage with morrowimd.
    Now you say its about defense or damage. Truth is you simply dont have a vision. Or so it feels.

As many said before but i repeat it because is important.
    There is a big difference between adjusting/tweaking a skill and make it completely useless.
    The latter is what you do with the majority of your “balance changes”.

But you go even further with this and it makes me really very worried for the future. You make it NOT FUN to play sorcs anymore. In case you forgot your product is a videogame, its labelled as entertainment. It’s supposed to be fun not annoying.

Now we get a message to calm us untill PTS3, i assume thats a week before this downgrade goes live?
    Please stop this direction, fix bugs and make ESO great again tyvm

Ps: i can live with slightly less strong shields that are critable. Cast times are the most annoying thing you could possibly come up with.

OOPS! Wrong thread :D
    Edited by pattyLtd on September 20, 2018 8:43PM
    English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MRusso89 wrote: »
    I seriously do not know how I can run vMA with having to not die in one or two hits because I have to stop and cast a shield. This seriously interrupts the flow of combat. Keep instant cast, and if you must change something, just make them critable. Also, after reading the class rep notes, I can say that I never knew anyone who didn't appreciate having a healer in a group! They help make sure I'm not spending resources keeping my shields up 100% of the time instead of DPSing like I want to be doing.

It's been done on the PTS. Go to the PTS subforum and you'll see a thread on how vMA was done along with some videos.
    Sorcerer did complete it with the changed shields.
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭

10k armor for sorc

-4000 from spriggan

Make no mistake, I agree with you. My only point was that I could see some type of Nerf, but damn they propose to go deep.

Vigors+cloaks+suffle+permaroll+permablock+classUBERheals are better and cheaper damage mitigation forms, we nerf shields now so that babies wont cry in forums.

90% of magsorc PvP community will DEFFO quit this game with these awful devs, now the forum whiners will target something else after this, and something else and so and so. Thats how you ruin a game that is already ruined.

Back to WoW.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

10k armor for sorc

-4000 from spriggan

Vigors+cloaks+suffle+permaroll+permablock+classUBERheals are better and cheaper damage mitigation forms, we nerf shields now so that babies wont cry in forums.

90% of magsorc PvP community will DEFFO quit this game with these awful devs, now the forum whiners will target something else after this, and something else and so and so. Thats how you ruin a game that is already ruined.

Back to WoW.

Don't be kidding yourself. As if that would happen... targeting something else, pff. We all know the target of nerf cries after this update: the remaining 10% of magsorcs. And after that we can see how they will turn their full attention to stamsorcs, just because.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When they took the title they should have realized they represent us/our respective classes and ZOS. If they are our only albeit slim means of communication then they have dramatically failed in their core role and should resign for being part of "The Team" that let this absolute howler through.

What a ignorant statement.
    The class reps can give all the feedback in the world. What they can't do is make Zos listen. They don't make the decision, or let "anything through".
    They gave feedback against this change and were promptly ignored. Please stop acting like class reps have some ultimate power.
    They, like everyone else, said it was a bad change, and Zos nodded thier head and ignored the feedback. What else do you expect? For the class reps to storm the offices?
    They do all they can do.....hands are tied if Zos choose not to listen.
    You are attributing way too much power to what class reps actually have.
    Look at sloads. All class reps agreed oblivion damage was way too strong. Set still made it to live servers.
    I understand the frustration. It's misplaced where class reps are concerned. They don't have any power to make decisions.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Penetration has always been good against sorcs.
    I switched to a sharpened inferno instead of nirnhoned after Summerset. Sharpened multiplies your whole damage output - magicka, spellpower, critchance, CP. Nirnhoned only gives some spellpower. No synergy with mag pool.
    Results were: nirnhoned 3% more damage against shields, sharpened 3% more damage against hitpoints. Sorcs have 20k stacked shields and 20k health on average. You need to cut through both, so the traits are already equal, BUT sharpened performs better against non-shielders. So sharpened already wins.

With sharpened weapon (3k), CP (3k), and Fracture/Concentration (5k), you've already nullified light armor resists (11-12k). No Spriggan needed, that's for if you fear the major res buffs - which cost a skill slot, so there's already advantage.
    Resists are a strawman buff. Crit damage taken is an extremely powerful nerf, because ZOS cheat the system here and don't compensate with shields being able to crit for increased capacity.

Shall I make this clear? Want an example? How about Vigor and suchlike only take stam pool to scale from? No weapon damage, no crit chance, no healing crit multiplier. Try building for max stam pool only, with the limited amount of such sets, and then tell me it's fair seeing your defense melt to magicka, spellpower and crits.
  • StamWhipCultist
    StamWhipCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭

10k armor for sorc

-4000 from spriggan

Back to WoW.

Can I have ur stuff?
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭

10k armor for sorc

-4000 from spriggan

Back to WoW.

Can I have ur stuff?

You desperately seek my attention in the forums, are you one of my fans inside cyrodiil ?

Never mind, if you disagree with the post above you dont really play inside cyrodiil.
  • Vehlir
    Vehlir
    ✭✭✭✭
    This whole ordeal really makes you understand why this game has to rely so heavily on Lootboxes & Cashshop Gambling.

Not just disappointing to see how the Devs approached this, but frustrating. Like watching a completely unnecessary train wreck about to happen and knowing there's nothing you can do but wait because THIS is how the devs are handling it.

Well, good news is at least in about 3-4 months when they realize how poorly thought out this is, we'll go through the whole "Wow turns out everyone was right and this WASN'T good idea afterall! Let's nerf/buff even more till we salvage this!" cycle all over again.

Would be nice if we could just skip all that and not make the mistake beforehand though...
    Edited by Vehlir on September 21, 2018 5:04PM
  • anatole1234
    anatole1234
    ✭✭✭
    People Seem to forget that sorc has access to a Breath of Life equivalent : Twilight Matriarch. Although I would love for sorc's pet to be castable and not toggeable to make it more consistent with other classes and not waste a skill spot . Let's be real for a second : shield stacking has been a massive issue since day one. Already working on a heavy armor magicka sorc to show it won't be the death of the class.