The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

[Class Rep] Sorcerer Feedback Thread

• Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    The 3rd overload bar is essential for pet sorc, and for this reason it should stay.

But is that really important? Pets in open world Cyro are already meh, so might as well get the meta balancing right, if you have to choose.
    For duels, pets are OP, so even more reason ignore them! (^_-)'
    Well, I guess it's in everyone's best interest to only change Energy Overload. Even saves Wrobel time, I think.

Pets in cyrodil became very strong since Summerset in PvP, if you build right, you can do better job than meta sorcerer, I am exeperiencing it everyday.

Don't underestimate the true good openworld build pet sorc, he will 1v3 competent players (not potatoes) and be able to win, especially if you underestimate it.

Vids or it just isn't happening...
    Options
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    The 3rd overload bar is essential for pet sorc, and for this reason it should stay.

But is that really important? Pets in open world Cyro are already meh, so might as well get the meta balancing right, if you have to choose.
    Well, I guess it's in everyone's best interest to only change Energy Overload. Even saves Wrobel time, I think.

Pets in cyrodil became very strong since Summerset in PvP, if you build right, you can do better job than meta sorcerer, I am exeperiencing it everyday.

Don't underestimate the true good openworld build pet sorc, he will 1v3 competent players (not potatoes) and be able to win, especially if you underestimate it.

I don't have a PC able to record and play at the same time, if you want proove I invite you to come Xv1 me or group with me on AD or EP ( @Aedaryl , PC EU).
    Options
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I cant believe , what I read. No competent will even consider pet sorc viable. Just CC or immolize pets and kill that sorc. Or just kill those pets with 2 Hits and kill that sorc. He is NB trolling you.
    Video ? Its never going to happen.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on September 7, 2018 5:57PM
    Options
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vahrokh wrote: »
    I am against gutting the classes skills any further in order to provide stamina morphs.

1) it's completely counterintuitive how your "muscles" generate lightning, etc
    2) stamina builds got more weapons and therefore weapon skills to choose from than magicka. Giving them even more class skills will only limit diversity in magicka builds even further. That's especially true for sorcs which already barely have any choice when it comes to the skills to use. It would be better if they made the morphs both viable and finally allow for some build diversity for mag sorcs ... same goes for other class (even though to a lesser degree).

You want to be a sorc? Play magicka. That's what sorcs are.

You want to be a melee with some magical effects? Use some magicka skills and get some magicka regen. Magicka builds are also expected to have a certain stamina pool and stam regen in order to dodge roll and break free. Stamina builds can be expected to invest into magicka in turn.

Can people like this stop trying to apply real world logic to a fantasy game. Since when does charging a hard hitting heavy attack restore stamina in real life. Where in life have you ever felt you needed to cast spells using your magicka pool. PLEASE stop assuming that because the class is called sorcerer that it's only for magicka, by that same logic nightblades should only sneak around and use blade weapons. Don't touch that staff... no, no. This goes completely against the game ZOS built and you have no leg to stand on.

Every class works for Stamina DD/Magicka DD/Tank and Healer which are the archetypes built by the developers for the game. Just because you refuse to agree with that doesn't mean you can throw stamina classes by the way side. Play a stam sorc and please tell me what diversity or options there are for PvE within the class. PvP is fine because mag skills work well for utility purposes where the dmg of the magicka skill isn't important.

Read any of the class notes. Stamina classes have less options then magicka. It's not to say that magicka doesn't have many options too because I don't think mag sorcs are much better off, but you look at any optimal pve stam setup across all the classes and they are 80% the same.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on September 7, 2018 6:58PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
    Options
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am against gutting the classes skills any further in order to provide stamina morphs.

2) stamina builds got more weapons and therefore weapon skills to choose from than magicka. Giving them even more class skills will only limit diversity in magicka builds even further. That's especially true for sorcs which already barely have any choice when it comes to the skills to use. It would be better if they made the morphs both viable and finally allow for some build diversity for mag sorcs ... same goes for other class (even though to a lesser degree).

You want to be a melee with some magical effects? Use some magicka skills and get some magicka regen. Magicka builds are also expected to have a certain stamina pool and stam regen in order to dodge roll and break free. Stamina builds can be expected to invest into magicka in turn.

Can people like this stop trying to apply real world logic to a fantasy game. Since when does charging a hard hitting heavy attack restore stamina in real life. Where in life have you ever felt you needed to cast spells using your magicka pool. PLEASE stop assuming that because the class is called sorcerer that it's only for magicka, by that same logic nightblades should only sneak around and use blade weapons. Don't touch that staff... no, no. This goes completely against the game ZOS built and you have no leg to stand on.

Every class works for Stamina DD/Magicka DD/Tank and Healer which are the archetypes built by the developers for the game. Just because you refuse to agree with that doesn't mean you can throw stamina classes by the way side. Play a stam sorc and please tell me what diversity or options there are for PvE within the class. PvP is fine because mag skills work well for utility purposes where the dmg of the magicka skill isn't important.

Read any of the class notes. Stamina classes have less options then magicka. It's not to say that magicka doesn't have many options too because I don't think mag sorcs are much better off, but you look at any optimal pve stam setup across all the classes and they are 80% the same.

Nightblades can always carry a concealed weapon or soul harvest. Both are blades during the animation even if they hold a staff lol

Im ROFLING so hard :expressionless:
    Options
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IAVITNI wrote: »
    Nicko_Lps wrote: »
    We have a shifting standard on DK's

Why cant we have a shifting negate as a special present for zerglings and a shifting atro special present to our 1v1 ?

Shifting Atro doesn't work because it also provides LoS. It's already a very strong ultimate.

They should combine the current morphs into one and change the second morph into a low cost AoE that summons a totem, stunning and dealing moderate damage on impact. Totem would take 2 light attacks to destroy. This would be huge on a stam sorc.

I don't think I would use that over an actual physical damage atronach that also deals damage, stuns on impact, gives LoS and takes more than 2 light attacks to go down. Sorry, but that would be anything but huge for stam sorcs.

Burst stam sorc has so much synergy with Dawnbreaker that now matter what kind of physical damage ultimate you get it will be outclassed by Dawnbreaker. AoE physical burst plus DoT to proc implosion?

Asking for a skill to compete with Dawnbreaker just isn't realistic. In order to dethrone Dawnbreaker that ultimate would need to overperform. Period.

Right now Stam sorcs run heavy DoTs+Bleeds or the conventional 2h+bow burst builds. It's not about creating a new ultimate to compete with Dawnbreaker, it's about creating a new ultimate to open up build diversity. On demand LoS would reduce mitigation needed by stam sorcs and allow the hit and run tactic to be more centralized.

The alternative is to create a strong single target ultimate, but that's already available via 2h ultimate, which is already very strong. What people are asking for is an ultimate stronger than onslaught or DB but they fail to realize that those are the top performing ultimates in their respective categories. Dethroning them would require a level of OP that will have sorcs nerfed into the ground by the end of the PTS.

Atro is strong ultimate on PvP? Well if youre dueling and you cant leave the area its very strong yes...

The thing is sorc has the worst ultis igame atm and that is a thing that must be fixed.

No brained player in cyrodiil will stand close to your atro
    No brained player in cyrodiil wont roll dodge out of your negate, organized zerglings stack inside negates their 10 earthgores remove it and offer a free heal.
    No brained player in cyrodiil will see the slowest traveling projectile atm and wont roll/block/BoL++++

I think WE need a shifting negate and ofc a shifting nova. Having a shifting negate+nova will make a HUGE affect to the 10+ earthgore equipped pro zerglings.

Permafrost+Incap-soulthether+Leap-standard+sweep(kinda) Are good ultis, for me the best is incap(70 cost..) and leap: fire damage and ENORMOUS shield. Dawnbreaker comes next but its a privilege of staminators and only.

EDIT:

Negate should be acting as a silence to stamina+magica skills. I dont see a reason why staminators can and must spam their stamina heals and proc earthgores inside negates.
    Negate is probably one of the most effective and versatile ultimates in group play. Definitely does not need the standard treatment. Standard has much more counterplay to it besides moving out of the radius. They can't be compared.

A mobile atro is unnecessary. It won't change duels and it's meant as a single target ultimate, which means it's not going to make a difference large scale. For small scale it is competitive with resto ultimate. It's not an op change but it is a pointless one.
    Options
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why cant we have a shifting negate as a special present for zerglings and a shifting atro special present to our 1v1 ?

Shifting Atro doesn't work because it also provides LoS. It's already a very strong ultimate.

They should combine the current morphs into one and change the second morph into a low cost AoE that summons a totem, stunning and dealing moderate damage on impact. Totem would take 2 light attacks to destroy. This would be huge on a stam sorc.

I don't think I would use that over an actual physical damage atronach that also deals damage, stuns on impact, gives LoS and takes more than 2 light attacks to go down. Sorry, but that would be anything but huge for stam sorcs.

Burst stam sorc has so much synergy with Dawnbreaker that now matter what kind of physical damage ultimate you get it will be outclassed by Dawnbreaker. AoE physical burst plus DoT to proc implosion?

Asking for a skill to compete with Dawnbreaker just isn't realistic. In order to dethrone Dawnbreaker that ultimate would need to overperform. Period.

Right now Stam sorcs run heavy DoTs+Bleeds or the conventional 2h+bow burst builds. It's not about creating a new ultimate to compete with Dawnbreaker, it's about creating a new ultimate to open up build diversity. On demand LoS would reduce mitigation needed by stam sorcs and allow the hit and run tactic to be more centralized.

The alternative is to create a strong single target ultimate, but that's already available via 2h ultimate, which is already very strong. What people are asking for is an ultimate stronger than onslaught or DB but they fail to realize that those are the top performing ultimates in their respective categories. Dethroning them would require a level of OP that will have sorcs nerfed into the ground by the end of the PTS.

Atro is strong ultimate on PvP? Well if youre dueling and you cant leave the area its very strong yes...

The thing is sorc has the worst ultis igame atm and that is a thing that must be fixed.

No brained player in cyrodiil wont roll dodge out of your negate, organized zerglings stack inside negates their 10 earthgores remove it and offer a free heal.
    No brained player in cyrodiil will see the slowest traveling projectile atm and wont roll/block/BoL++++

I think WE need a shifting negate and ofc a shifting nova. Having a shifting negate+nova will make a HUGE affect to the 10+ earthgore equipped pro zerglings.

Permafrost+Incap-soulthether+Leap-standard+sweep(kinda) Are good ultis, for me the best is incap(70 cost..) and leap: fire damage and ENORMOUS shield. Dawnbreaker comes next but its a privilege of staminators and only.

EDIT:

Negate should be acting as a silence to stamina+magica skills. I dont see a reason why staminators can and must spam their stamina heals and proc earthgores inside negates.
    Negate is probably one of the most effective and versatile ultimates in group play. Definitely does not need the standard treatment. Standard has much more counterplay to it besides moving out of the radius. They can't be compared.

A mobile atro is unnecessary. It won't change duels and it's meant as a single target ultimate, which means it's not going to make a difference large scale. For small scale it is competitive with resto ultimate. It's not an op change but it is a pointless one.

Negate at the moment is entirely useless, in cyrodiil everybody and their mothers wears at least 2-3 earthgores on smallscale or alot more than 10 when we talk about organized zergs.
    The answer to these zerglings is a relocating negate.

Relocating atro is not pointless change, not at all. During duels you cant move away from atro, in open world PvP you can.
    So ignoring both a negate by stepping out and an attro by walking away is the balanced solution for you? Also in a group play dawbreakers+destroults+permafrost kills when combined with vicious death. Negate does nothing.

Sorcs have 3 entirely useless ultimates vs a player with moderate intelligence and negate is entirely useless with the current 10+ earthgores.

Why exactly you think that ONLY dawnbreaker must perform good? Nobody said a better ulti from dawnbreaker but just a useful one as dawnbreaker and not a useless one like comet. You know, its not only staminators in this game that must enjoy the game? Magica has a right to enjoy too.

A relocating negate + earthgore removal from cyro will bring tears to zerglings that need 15+ group to walk between keeps.
    Edited by Nicko_Lps on September 7, 2018 7:32PM
    Options
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Nightblades can always carry a concealed weapon or soul harvest. Both are blades during the animation even if they hold a staff lol

I know that, my point was against the person that said sorcerers are only for magic. Logic shouldn't be applied with real world circumstances to the classes. The game has it's own rules and logic that need to be followed.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
    Options
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know that, my point was against the person that said sorcerers are only for magic. Logic shouldn't be applied with real world circumstances to the classes. The game has it's own rules and logic that need to be followed.

I know brother, im not rofling with you. But with that guy whos triggered by sorcs being stamina...

If logic applied to MMO's orcs will walk next to bretons and kill them just with their presence, just sayn lol
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't have a PC able to record and play at the same time, if you want proove I invite you to come Xv1 me or group with me on AD or EP ( @Aedaryl , PC EU).

I'm not saying you're a bad player, I just want to see it (your build, how it works, bar setup, etc)

No joke, I've always wanted to try pets in PvP since they got a speed buff in summerset.
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I cant believe , what I read. No competent will even consider pet sorc viable. Just CC or immolize pets and kill that sorc. Or just kill those pets with 2 Hits and kill that sorc. He is NB trolling you.

Pet sorcerers are viable in groups. If people are too busy with your stamplar and stamwarden buddy, they aren't killing you or your pets. So you can do things like pet stun, burst heal people, and toss 20K tooltip frags because you have stupid high Max Magicka. You drop atronach ults and give your stamina buddies major berserk. When focused you mine, turtle up, and abuse broken pet LOS and 15K hardened ward while your friends kill the guy.

You... Just can't solo or 1vX with that as easy, and the pets have incredibly stupid AI. The last time I tried pet sorcerer was pre-summerset and the pets were too slow to catch people who kept moving. I'm just wondering if that's any better nowp.
    Options
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pet sorcerers are viable in groups. If people are too busy with your stamplar and stamwarden buddy, they aren't killing you or your pets. So you can do things like pet stun, burst heal people, and toss 20K tooltip frags because you have stupid high Max Magicka. You drop atronach ults and give your stamina buddies major berserk. When focused you mine, turtle up, and abuse broken pet LOS and 15K hardened ward while your friends kill the guy.

You... Just can't solo or 1vX with that as easy, and the pets have incredibly stupid AI. The last time I tried pet sorcerer was pre-summerset and the pets were too slow to catch people who kept moving. I'm just wondering if that's any better nowp.

They got a 25% speed buff that allow them to hit people and they improved pet AUI in summerset, they didn't mention it but it's night and day, I don't need to use Pet Dismiss that much now.

People hwo don't believe me are just not in EU to see me. The build I'm running can 1vX competant player better than classical sorc because I have better defense, I'm not forced to shield every global cooldown when good people really attack me.

I will not share the build, this is too much dangerous, and being the one and only is just too much pride.

The only thing I can say is : If you build a pet sorc like you build a dueling one, you will melt in cyrodil.
    Options
  • BeefyMrTips
    BeefyMrTips
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yo, Rep. We fix Sorc yet or what? Give us more damage or sustain, we don't have to have both but one would be nice. Currently outclassed by nightblades. Oh and DK, Warden, and Templar too while your at it. Id like to see everyone being able to hit 56k on magicka not just mag blade please and thank you. To my PVP'ers, here is a secret just use the shield breaker set in pvp and murder us. GG

Love,

Beefy Mr Tips
    Mr. was my Father's name, just the tips is fine.
    Options
  • BeefyMrTips
    BeefyMrTips
    ✭✭✭✭
    Game is boring when you have 8 mnb dps in a trial, I want to see more spears, whips, flowery *** and other stuff
    Mr. was my Father's name, just the tips is fine.
    Options
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭

EDIT:

Negate at the moment is entirely useless, in cyrodiil everybody and their mothers wears at least 2-3 earthgores on smallscale or alot more than 10 when we talk about organized zergs.

Relocating atro is not pointless change, not at all. During duels you cant move away from atro, in open world PvP you can.
    So ignoring both a negate by stepping out and an attro by walking away is the balanced solution for you? Also in a group play dawbreakers+destroults+permafrost kills when combined with vicious death. Negate does nothing.

Sorcs have 3 entirely useless ultimates vs a player with moderate intelligence and negate is entirely useless with the current 10+ earthgores.

Why exactly you think that ONLY dawnbreaker must perform good? Nobody said a better ulti from dawnbreaker but just a useful one as dawnbreaker and not a useless one like comet. You know, its not only staminators in this game that must enjoy the game? Magica has a right to enjoy too.

A relocating negate + earthgore removal from cyro will bring tears to zerglings that need 15+ group to walk between keeps.

You're asking for pointless changes. Atronach isn't meant to be some zerg busting skill. Negate is. If Negate is being countered by Earthgore, maybe the problem is Earthgore absorbing ultimates or the priorities of skills being absorbed.

On top of that you are comparing 3 Earthgore's to 1 Negate. So you're upset that 3 players are more effective than 1? Get their Earthgore's to proc than drop a Negate or have more people run more Negates. Don't try to talk numbers to me because I exclusively seek outnumbered fights. Earthgore affect me much more than it does zerglings, believe me. Negate is a very strong ultimate. If it gets buffed and Earthgore gets nerfed, all of a sudden Mages Wrath gets a cooldown to compensate because that's how ZoS balances things. Sorc doesn't need overpowered skills.

A moving Atronach does nothing. The counter is to move away and you want to remove that counter? If you are using Atronach in a zerg v zerg battle, maybe the problem is that you are not also running a negate. Atronach can't do everything, nor should it. Yes the skill itself needs a buff but the ability to relocate is not it.

And I explained that any ultimate that competes directly with Dawnbreaker will either be outclassed or overpowered. Again, a pointless change. You want the most versatile damage? Go Dawnbreaker. You want highest single target burst? Go Onslaught. You want strong DoT damage? Go Lacerate.

All the damage niches already have an ultimate. Ask for a damage class ultimate all you want but it will always be subpar or subject to nerfs because it will over perform IF it is worth the slot.

And please show where I said ONLY Dawnbreaker needs to be good. Go ahead.
    Options
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    werzui wrote: »
    in this game you should look at stamina not as muscles, but more like a different form of magical powers combined with body strength <3

And I guess the "Physical Damage" these stamina abilities deal is "a different form of magical damage"
    and btw stamsorcs are more like spellswords, so "SORCERER" in its class name still fits extremely well with the stamsorc class theme ;)

Excatly! They combine muscle power / swordmanship (muscle power / stamina) with magic (magicka). So stamina weapon abilities and magicka sorc abilities combined!

Options
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Galarthor wrote: »
    in this game you should look at stamina not as muscles, but more like a different form of magical powers combined with body strength <3

And I guess the "Physical Damage" these stamina abilities deal is "a different form of magical damage"
    and btw stamsorcs are more like spellswords, so "SORCERER" in its class name still fits extremely well with the stamsorc class theme ;)

Excatly! They combine muscle power / swordmanship (muscle power / stamina) with magic (magicka). So stamina weapon abilities and magicka sorc abilities combined!

Please, go play a hybrid for anything that's worth running. Speak: vet trials, PvP. Come back and tell us how your stamina weapon skills + magicka class damage skills worked out.
    Hint: I already did. Looks good, doesn't work.
    Options
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭

EDIT:

You're asking for pointless changes. Atronach isn't meant to be some zerg busting skill. Negate is. If Negate is being countered by Earthgore, maybe the problem is Earthgore absorbing ultimates or the priorities of skills being absorbed.

On top of that you are comparing 3 Earthgore's to 1 Negate. So you're upset that 3 players are more effective than 1? Get their Earthgore's to proc than drop a Negate or have more people run more Negates. Don't try to talk numbers to me because I exclusively seek outnumbered fights. Earthgore affect me much more than it does zerglings, believe me. Negate is a very strong ultimate. If it gets buffed and Earthgore gets nerfed, all of a sudden Mages Wrath gets a cooldown to compensate because that's how ZoS balances things. Sorc doesn't need overpowered skills.

A moving Atronach does nothing. The counter is to move away and you want to remove that counter? If you are using Atronach in a zerg v zerg battle, maybe the problem is that you are not also running a negate. Atronach can't do everything, nor should it. Yes the skill itself needs a buff but the ability to relocate is not it.

And I explained that any ultimate that competes directly with Dawnbreaker will either be outclassed or overpowered. Again, a pointless change. You want the most versatile damage? Go Dawnbreaker. You want highest single target burst? Go Onslaught. You want strong DoT damage? Go Lacerate.

All the damage niches already have an ultimate. Ask for a damage class ultimate all you want but it will always be subpar or subject to nerfs because it will over perform IF it is worth the slot.

And please show where I said ONLY Dawnbreaker needs to be good. Go ahead.

First of all, never said that atro is ment as an antizerg ulti and i want my atro to use it vs zergs. If someone is using an atro vs zerg he started playing ESO last month.

Negate NEEDS a buff with the current state of zergling META. The sets they use, the earthgores bla bla bla they either need a similar group to wipe them OR they need to be at least 3 times more outnumbered from pugs to wipe.

You think that 20 zerglings running around with 10 earthgores is OK to need 60 pugs to wipe? That makes us 80 ppl in one spot spamming skills like mad and THAT itself makes YOUR latency at least 150+.

A moving negate and an earthgore that does not remove negate is what the current state of cyrodiil needs, for healthier server performance.

As for the shifting atro, Atro is a damn GOOD ultimate but when you drop it and your oponent hides behind a wall and LoS it its useless, therefore a shifting atro like it or not is good. Less duration, no synergy BUT you cant avoid it. I cant avoid leap i cant avoid dawnbreaker i cant avoid incap/harvest. Why they can avoid my ulti? Dont tell me use comet, comet has 0 usage when enemy player has moderate IQ.

Besides that, a shifting Nova would be great as well for the same antizerg reasons stated above

Now dawbreaker is by far the most efficient ulti, why it has to be only stamina? Why its brother-ulti comet is so useless?
    That i was complaining about, comet is alot more expensive,its not instant its 2 sec delay giving enemy time to block it, dot goes on ground not on player and by pressing block your ulti does less damage that your light attack.
    Options
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭

First of all, never said that atro is ment as an antizerg ulti and i want my atro to use it vs zergs. If someone is using an atro vs zerg he started playing ESO last month.

Negate NEEDS a buff with the current state of zergling META. The sets they use, the earthgores bla bla bla they either need a similar group to wipe them OR they need to be at least 3 times more outnumbered from pugs to wipe.

You think that 20 zerglings running around with 10 earthgores is OK to need 60 pugs to wipe? That makes us 80 ppl in one spot spamming skills like mad and THAT itself makes YOUR latency at least 150+.

A moving negate and an earthgore that does not remove negate is what the current state of cyrodiil needs, for healthier server performance.

As for the shifting atro, Atro is a damn GOOD ultimate but when you drop it and your oponent hides behind a wall and LoS it its useless, therefore a shifting atro like it or not is good. Less duration, no synergy BUT you cant avoid it. I cant avoid leap i cant avoid dawnbreaker i cant avoid incap/harvest. Why they can avoid my ulti? Dont tell me use comet, comet has 0 usage when enemy player has moderate IQ.

Besides that, a shifting Nova would be great as well for the same antizerg reasons stated above

Now dawnbreaker is by far the most efficient ulti, why it has to be only stamina? Why its brother-ulti comet is so useless?
    That i was complaining about, comet is alot more expensive,its not instant its 2 sec delay giving enemy time to block it, dot goes on ground not on player and by pressing block your ulti does less damage that your light attack.

So we agree that negate isn't the issue but the act that zergs can ignore it. That's a zerg problem. Don't touch Negate. Changing a balanced skill to counter unbalanced mechanics is never a smart move. Negate does not need a buff at this time. Earthgore needs a nerf and ball groups will always be ball groups.

A shifting Atronach is pointless outside a 1v1 offensively vs competent opponents besides its LoS potential. nobody is going to die to an Atronach unless they are bad. Period. And it's actually quite the reverse. You can roll dodge outside of a Leap if its cast at max range, you can side step a DB and you can roll dodge an incap. You cannot avoid the initial Atronach AoE or the attack. The only thing you can do is move outside the radius. Atronach actually has the least counter play for its intended purpose after the health buff, which is area denial.

Standard and Nova are very different skills compared to Atronach. Those skills are very group centric and only reach their max potential in those scenarios. The ability to relocate these abilities is ideal (I'm aware Nova does not currently relocate, it should) because it raises the base potential to a point where they are competitive without a group, and within a group the max potential is still relatively the same, only marginally better, which is fine as they were still underperforming. Atronach reaches max potential the moment its dropped. It does not need to move because now that area is completely yours. Even in a 1v3, the sorc owns that area because of LoS cheese and strong pressure which makes players very susceptible to sorc burst.

More importantly, Atronach also changes the sorc play style from high mobility to stationary LoS. Instead of kiting away from your opponent, the sorc now wants the opponent to go to them. This is the inverse for the traditional mDK and magplar who normally want their opponents to close on them. Now those classes are the ones chasing enemies who don't want to be in those AoEs, which is why mobility on those ultimates are so important. The whole point of those ultimates is to change the tempo of battle. A mobile Atronach would not add anything to that, and no it is not better because if you are using an atronach to try to burst people down, use Meteor or Dawnbreaker.

Despite how easy it is to counter, Meteor is absolutely fantastic on a magsorc even after Rune Cage nerfs. No matter what you are still going to land the Meteor. If the opponent roll dodges the Cage they get stunned by Meteor. If the opponent attempts to block the Meteor you Cage them and the Meteor lands anyways.

On top of that, Dawnbreaker is once again the best magsorc ultimate because it is simply more versatile and does not require Cage cheese to be so effective.

**Cage should not exist in the mag sorc kit as it currently exists.
    Options
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Now dawnbreaker is by far the most efficient ulti, why it has to be only stamina? Why its brother-ulti comet is so useless?

So we agree that negate isn't the issue but the act that zergs can ignore it. That's a zerg problem. Don't touch Negate. Changing a balanced skill to counter unbalanced mechanics is never a smart move. Negate does not need a buff at this time. Earthgore needs a nerf and ball groups will always be ball groups.

A shifting Atronach is pointless outside a 1v1 offensively vs competent opponents besides its LoS potential. nobody is going to die to an Atronach unless they are bad. Period. And it's actually quite the reverse. You can roll dodge outside of a Leap if its cast at max range, you can side step a DB and you can roll dodge an incap. You cannot avoid the initial Atronach AoE or the attack. The only thing you can do is move outside the radius. Atronach actually has the least counter play for its intended purpose after the health buff, which is area denial.

Standard and Nova are very different skills compared to Atronach. Those skills are very group centric and only reach their max potential in those scenarios. The ability to relocate these abilities is ideal (I'm aware Nova does not currently relocate, it should) because it raises the base potential to a point where they are competitive without a group, and within a group the max potential is still relatively the same, only marginally better, which is fine as they were still underperforming. Atronach reaches max potential the moment its dropped. It does not need to move because now that area is completely yours. Even in a 1v3, the sorc owns that area because of LoS cheese and strong pressure which makes players very susceptible to sorc burst.

More importantly, Atronach also changes the sorc play style from high mobility to stationary LoS. Instead of kiting away from your opponent, the sorc now wants the opponent to go to them. This is the inverse for the traditional mDK and magplar who normally want their opponents to close on them. Now those classes are the ones chasing enemies who don't want to be in those AoEs, which is why mobility on those ultimates are so important. The whole point of those ultimates is to change the tempo of battle. A mobile Atronach would not add anything to that, and no it is not better because if you are using an atronach to try to burst people down, use Meteor or Dawnbreaker.

Despite how easy it is to counter, Meteor is absolutely fantastic on a magsorc even after Rune Cage nerfs. No matter what you are still going to land the Meteor. If the opponent roll dodges the Cage they get stunned by Meteor. If the opponent attempts to block the Meteor you Cage them and the Meteor lands anyways.

On top of that, Dawnbreaker is once again the best magsorc ultimate because it is simply more versatile and does not require Cage cheese to be so effective.

**Cage should not exist in the mag sorc kit as it currently exists.

Atro is useless? Dont know if you met the wrong kind of ppl with the wrong kind of gear but if you stick around to a player that has a good build you probably wont survive the constant damage of the sorc+atro. A shifting atro would be as good as a dawnbreaker is, maybe more damage in total duration without making sorc a stationary class and maintaining the sorcs ability to be high mobile.

As i always roam alone, if and when i take the wrong turn and i instantly see 25 zerglings chasing me with their destroults its a risk i take, right? Therefore there is not a single risk for a zerg of 25 ppl with 10 earthgores+templars+5vigors. When negate will be a shifting negate their whole existence will be at risk from equal pug numbers. Thats balance between soloers-LFG'ers-zerglings and then 25 organized zerglings will not need 60+ randoms to wipe.

If you where playing this game after a beta 1-2 negates was enough to wipe the best zerg of that time. Nowadays zerglings have stam rec bonuses from sets + stam cost reductions, many tend to run serpent mundus for inf roll dodges, no matter how you protest/deny the shifting negate option its still the thing that WILL make zerglings cry most along with the earthgore removal. Im pretty sure that it is very obvious, you claim yourself a solo player but insistingly denying that great shifting negate idea makes me think youre more like a zerg member. Not meant to insult but it makes sense.

There is NO brained player that will probably be affected from meteor ultimate, the only class that meteor might go harsh on is stamblades(rollerblades) during a detect pot only, they will take the whole damage unable to roll while they wait the comet to land, OR they will take the whole comet. Still comet is useless, and dawnbreaker to a magsorc feels like as useless as a comet is.

As ive said before, to efficiently play a cage-sorc alone and land 6 GCD's+barwap in perfect timing while 10 or more chase you is not reality for me. I go on reach sorc,i maintain the ability to keep a stamina pressure to all my enemies while using my dps spammable+stun is at all of them same time. Caging multiple opponents is not working cost and GCD wise. Ofcourse the sacrifice to a reachsorc playstyle is that you cant even touch a DK and that you dont have any decent ulti to use, a shifting atro or a reworked instant comet leaving dot on player not ground would be great for both magsorcs + magplars. Maybe for magdks+magblades+magwardens that need a range ulti besides the great melee ultis they have
    Options
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorcerer needs a main spammable. So here's my sugestion:
    1. Crystal Fragments (Crystal Shard morph): Conjure dark crystals to bombard an enemy, dealing [X] Magic Damage. Removes casting time.
    2. Crystal Blast (Crystal Shard morph): Conjure a dark blade to slash an enemy, dealing [X] Physical Damage. Removes Casting Time. Converts into a Stamina ability and deals Physical Damage, at reduced range.

Of course, Crystal Shards and its morphs would need a damage reduction, to get in pair with spammable spells like Strife and Force Shock. A stamina version would be great for stamsorcs.
    3. Mage's Wrath (Mage's Fury morph): Call down lighting to strike an enemy for [x] Shock Damage. If target enemy’s Health falls below 20% within 4 seconds, an explosion deals an additional [y] Shock Damage to the target and [z] Shock Damage to other enemies nearby. If an enemy is killed by this ability, you restore 20% of damage done as Magicka. Now restores Magicka is enemy is killed.
    4. Endless Fury (Mage's Fury morph): Punch an enemy with lightning power for [x] Physical Damage. If target enemy’s Health falls below 20% within 4 seconds, an explosion deals an additional [y] Physical Damage to the target and [z] Physical Damage to other enemies nearby. If an enemy is killed by this ability, you restore 20% of damage done as Stamina. Converts into a Stamina ability and deals Physical Damage, at reduced range. Restores Stamina if enemy is killed.

This would bring a stamina version of an execute skill, so stamsorcs can have equality with magsorcs.

Making crystal frag a spammable would make the class boring as hell ... It's our mainskil, it deserve better.

I would really like a polyvalent skill ... something cool.
    - Crystal Shard
    - Idea #1 Nobody hard cast frag in pve, same thing in PVP ( except overload sorcerer, and this is the only case):
    Crystal frag should work differently depending on how we use it ( see below )
    reducing the cast time would be a good start. We want it to be an unique ability since it's our main skill !

A few example below for Crystal Frag :
    • " If you damage an enemy with a frag proc THEN hard cast a frag .. this will grab the enemy "
      While crystal blast could Aoe grab up to X enemies in the same situation or drain up to X magicka of the target.
    • " If you hard cast a frag THEN use a frag proc on the same enemy, it will increase Blood magic passive effectiveness" it mean the passive will heals you for 40% of your max health instead of 12% - I really like this idea, you engage the fight by hard-casting a frag ... Then you choose if you want to deal increased damage( = use the proc ) or keep it for later under 30/40% of your max health.
      While Crystal Blast Could increase ( and proc ) the Persistence passive effectiveness and reduce the cost of your next skill by 30%.
    • "[...] The next crystal fragment will be instant, deal 10% more damage, cost 50% less magicka and off balance the target.
      While crystal blast would deal 10% more damage, cost 50% less magicka and Stun the target.
    • "[...] If you don't use the proc, fragments will turn arround you faster and faster and deal X damage up to 5 enemies in a X meters area arround you.
      While crystal blast could turn arround you during 3 sec and absorb 1 projectile if you don't use the proc

- Idea #2 Make both morph interesting ! one should stun and the other should give utility and increased damage, maybe mix both idea?
    • Crystal fragment should get the 10% increased damage back ( 10% currently, it was 20% before), also off-balance the target or deal increased damage if you are melee.
    • Crystal Blast should also be able to proc, cost 50% less and stun the target.

one should stun, the other should give utility and increased damage. This would make both choice interesting in PVP since we would need to choose between crystal frag/clench(CC) combo and Crystal Blast(CC)/force pulse combo.

Why I think 10% increased damage on crystal frag are not enough ?
    Keep in mind clench is reflectable and deal less damage than force pulse ( and more telegraphed), 10% increased damage on crystal frag would not be enough to make the crystal frag/clench combo interesting in PVP instead of crystal blast/Force pulse if you see what i mean ?

Off Balance would help with sustain ( this is what i mean by " utility" ).

Maybe frag could proc on Both bar ?

But I really like the Mage's fury morphs idea.
    Edited by Apherius on September 8, 2018 11:05AM
    Options
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Atronach need to be a "shiftable"

Actually people just LoS it or run away, making it useless.
    Edited by Aedaryl on September 8, 2018 4:45PM
    Options
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should rework the OL heavy attack to drain ult faster and do significantly more damage... the ability has always felt meh to me
    Options
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Atronach need to be a "shiftable"

Actually people just LoS it or run away, making it useless.

Thats what i said too, but it seems people dont want sorcs to have useful ultimates. Just a dumb ulti, an ulti for group play and an ulti that requires whole build to work around it.

Shifting negate, special present for zerglings running around with 10+ earthgores
    Shifting nova, special present for zerglings running around with 10+ earthgores
    Shifting atro, for a sorc at last to have a useful ulti.

Rework on Comet, make it instant+dot on target+cost less. In other words make it as great as dawnbreaker is, magica need to smile too!
    Options
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Rework on Comet, make it instant+dot on target+cost less. In other words make it as great as dawnbreaker is, magica need to smile too!

Make it also melee and missable?
    Options
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why dawnbreaker is missable? If it is, that i did not know of.
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galarthor wrote: »

Please, go play a hybrid for anything that's worth running. Speak: vet trials, PvP. Come back and tell us how your stamina weapon skills + magicka class damage skills worked out.
    Hint: I already did. Looks good, doesn't work.

Define Hybrid dude. As if it means multiple stat, hell that's what most MagSorcs are. Amber / Shackle / engine guardian / tri stat food / pots, roll dodging etc for mitigation. Feels we all hybrid now lol
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • Betty_Booms
    Betty_Booms
    ✭✭✭
    1. Overload. Unresponsive, very buggy, horrible targeting issues. I see overloads fly past players heads alot..., lag and bugs with engaging and disengaging the ultimate. The light attacks do not work like light attacks in terms of weaving etc. It feels so clunky.
    2. Pet slot required on both bars...just why?why cant pets persist through bar swaps? Makes no sense at all. You are giving up two slots per pet. May be a viable trade off in terms of strength (some would argue against this) but the lack of remaining skills makes it less desirable to play. I would prefer to play with that extra skill or two even if it meant reworking the pets to balance this.
    Options
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
    Options
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why dawnbreaker is missable? If it is, that i did not know of.

You don't even know how other ultimates work and your commenting on how to buff sorc ultimates to compare.

Atronach is strong so it does not need a buff.

Negate is strong so it does not need a buff.

Dawnbreaker and Meteor both still have their uses, and unfortunately DB is still better on magsorc in 1vx due to versatility. And you can still run Cage on a 1vx magsorc, you just need to kite a lot more. It works. I do it. Using atro offensively is a mistake since the DB is going to do more for your burst in a 1vx. Sorcs don't 1vx by whittling their opponents down. It's straight burst.

If you're using Atronach outside of dueling for anything other than an offensive defensive ultimate, then you're using it wrong.

Shifting Negate won't fix the problem, it just creates another one. People need to stop asking for band-aid solutions.
    Options