Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

WW LA (Normalized) ... WW Feedback Thread

• RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LIVE vs PTS Same character Without any addons , just the regular combat text

LIVE - Light Attack - 4007 / 6210 crit

PTS - 4871 / 7550 crit

HOWERVER , on PTS In WW form my Character has 38943 Stam , compared to Live 37652 stam , SO it is something wrong don't know if it is intended buff or not
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RouDeR wrote: »

PTS - 4871 / 7550 crit

HOWERVER , on PTS In WW form my Character has 38943 Stam , compared to Live 37652 stam , SO it is something wrong don't know if it is intended buff or not

Stop please. Why r u complaining? Op please like close this thread.
    Wuuffyy,
    WW/berserker playstyle advocate (I play ALL classes proficiently in PvP outside of WW as well)
    ESO player since 2014 (Xbox and PC for PTS)
    -DM for questions
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PTS - 4871 / 7550 crit

I just realized that they changed the 2hnd weapons to count as 2 pieces, will run the test again with non set weapon xD
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭

PTS - 4871 / 7550 crit

He wasn't complaining, he was stating his findings in testing this issue. This is PTS, the point is to test changes.

If you want complaining, there are plenty of whiny QQ threads calling for nerfs left and right. Go read those.
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just realized that they changed the 2hnd weapons to count as 2 pieces, will run the test again with non set weapon xD

If you can, try to test the difference between live and pts damage in human form, in order to see if you have the same overall increase :)
  • jediprime74
    jediprime74
    ✭✭✭
    Aznox wrote: »
    Live : Max crit = 9845
    wnk4eeT.png

OLD PTS : Max crit = 6525
    2jWluDJ.png

NEW PTS : Max crit = 9787
    llChEiF.png

I'm a bit disappointed that we seem to be the only ones to not get a small boost but lets say the worse has been avoided.
    Will do more testing when possible.

Assuming your numbers are accurate it would seem that WW is still nerfed compared to live. I cannot believe this was the desired result of a 50% buff. Makes no sense.

By 60 dmg. Please be quiet before they end on copying the fighters guild skill line over the werewolf skill line by accident and then we have no more werewolf. Please and thank you!

It's the apocalypse! Werewolf light attacks are now Dawnbreakers of Smiting....
    Guildmaster of Fool's Errand, PvX/social, beginner to endgame Guild.

Guildmaster of Fools for the Pact an Ebonheart Pact PvP Guild.

• Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Live : Max crit = 9845
    wnk4eeT.png

OLD PTS : Max crit = 6525
    2jWluDJ.png

NEW PTS : Max crit = 9787
    llChEiF.png

I'm a bit disappointed that we seem to be the only ones to not get a small boost but lets say the worse has been avoided.
    Will do more testing when possible.

Assuming your numbers are accurate it would seem that WW is still nerfed compared to live. I cannot believe this was the desired result of a 50% buff. Makes no sense.

By 60 dmg. Please be quiet before they end on copying the fighters guild skill line over the werewolf skill line by accident and then we have no more werewolf. Please and thank you!

It's the apocalypse! Werewolf light attacks are now Dawnbreakers of Smiting....

Lol right?! No but I don’t care if it’s a slight buff or a slight debuff. As long as it’s not an egregious nerf or buff.......
    Wuuffyy,
    WW/berserker playstyle advocate (I play ALL classes proficiently in PvP outside of WW as well)
    -DM for questions
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SO my final and 100% accurate test numbers are :

Live
    Light attack : 3729 none crit / 5779 crit
    Bleed : 2818 non crit / 4368 crit

PTS
    Light attack : 4358 non crit / 6755 crit
    Bleed : 2815 non crit /4363 crit

In the end we get around 14% Damage increase on our light attacks , which is AWESOME !

Edited by RouDeR on May 14, 2018 9:25PM
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Live

PTS

Not that it matters but why did your bleed go down?
    Wuuffyy,
    -DM for questions
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Live

PTS

Not that it matters but why did your bleed go down?

I honestly don't know , my weapon damage / stamina / CP are the same , probably something to do with the recent Bleed bug Fix on the PTS , they probably adjusted some numbers but the diference is not significant its like 0.1%
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After more in-depth tests i think i can give my preliminary conclusion :

New werewolf is a buff* compared to live if you were using an inferior build like hulking draugr instead of automaton.
    *(or a no-change relative to all other setups who got a similar buff)

New werewolf is the same* compared to live if you were using the optimum weapon damage sets.
    *(or a nerf relative to all other setups who got a buff)

Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • jediprime74
    jediprime74
    ✭✭✭
    Do we know exactly how ww light attack damage is calculated? (I don't)

If so, can we break it down to see exactly what got a '50% buff?' I am very curious about this, because what we got is nowhere near a 50% buff from what you guys are posting. (Thank you very much for doing the yeoman's work with the testing, by the way! Console players like me would be lost without you guys posting your parses!)

• Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jediprime74

I don't know the exact ratios, but this is the gist of it:

Live WW has more disparity between WD and Stam. something like a 60:10 ratio, because weapon damage had an extra bonus when calculated into WW Light attacks.

Ex:
    WD = 1 WD : 1.5 Damage
    Stam = 40[ Stam : 1 Damage

When they changed it the first time they "brought it in line" with other light attacks by simply copy and pasting whatever information was with the new values (from some other weapons class), over the old values.

WD = 1 WD : 1 Damage
    Stam = 10.5 Stam : 1 Damage

The Stam ratio got buffed, but the WD ratio got accidentally 'nerfed' by having the unique scaling overwritten with the new scaling.

This new scaling/value is what got the 50% buff in 4.0.4

The unique Weapon Damage scaling is gone, and as a result of the Damage Buff, Werewolves that have more stamina will see a Damage increase, and Werewolves that have more Weapon Damage will see a Damage decrease (looking like a very little decrease at that)

Not sure if this is just a Band-aid fix and will be addressed in the future, or just be left alone.

That's all I know so far.
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on May 15, 2018 1:30AM
  • jediprime74
    jediprime74
    ✭✭✭
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    @jediprime74

Live WW has more disparity between WD and Stam. something like a 60:10 ratio, because weapon damage had an extra bonus when calculated into WW Light attacks.

Ex:

When they changed it the first time they "brought it in line" with other light attacks by simply copy and pasting whatever information was with the new values (from some other weapons class), over the old values.

The Stam ratio got buffed, but the WD ratio got accidentally 'nerfed' by having the unique scaling overwritten with the new scaling.

The unique Weapon Damage scaling is gone, and as a result of the Damage Buff, Werewolves that have more stamina will see a Damage increase, and Werewolves that have more Weapon Damage will see a Damage decrease (looking like a very little decrease at that)

Not sure if this is just a Band-aid fix and will be addressed in the future, or just be left alone.

Ah, I see. So we don't yet know if this is intentional or, as you said, a Band-Aid.

If I understand it correctly, you believe the 50% buff was applied to the broken PTS version, rather than the live version? It seems to me that is NOT a 50% buff if we were starting at -40% to begin with. Most unsatisfactory.

Excellent and informative post, thank you!
    Edited by jediprime74 on May 15, 2018 3:58AM

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jediprime74

Ex:

Ah, I see. So we don't yet know if this is intentional or, as you said, a Band-Aid.

If I understand it correctly, you believe the 50% buff was applied to the broken PTS version, rather than the live version? It seems to me that is NOT a 50% buff if we were starting at -40% to begin with. Most unsatisfactory.

Keep in mind where that 50% figure came from. It was in Gina's reply specifically to a complaint about the early LA PTS values. She said the values are bugged, and we'll see a 50% increase(over those values) next patch. She never implied a 50% increase over live.

Besides, if ZOS increased my live WW's LA damage by 50%, everyone else could just pack their things and leave :p
    Edited by Sharee on May 15, 2018 5:56AM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    @jediprime74

Ex:

Keep in mind where that 50% figure came from. It was in Gina's reply specifically to a complaint about the early LA PTS values. She said the values are bugged, and we'll see a 50% increase(over those values) next patch. She never implied a 50% increase over live.

Besides, if ZOS increased my live WW's LA damage by 50%, everyone else could just pack their things and leave :p

I still find it weird that instead of fixing bugged values, you boost the bugged values in order to try making them on par with other changes. The 50% buff to bugged values feels very much like a Band-Aid fix, and since the damage values to the light attacks are very similar to live ,WW´s barely benefits from the new changes......

At least I´ve got jewellery crafting going for me next patch.......
    Edited by Qbiken on May 15, 2018 6:03AM
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    @jediprime74

Ex:

I still find it weird that instead of fixing bugged values, you boost the bugged values in order to try making them on par with other changes. The 50% buff to bugged values feels very much like a Band-Aid fix, and since the damage values to the light attacks are very similar to live ,WW´s barely benefits from the new changes......

At least I´ve got jewellery crafting going for me next patch.......

Why does everyone say they "buffed bugged values". It seems more likely they just reverted the change to WW light attack scaling with weapon damage to the previous(current on live) values. Which coincidentally resulted in a 50% "buff"(over the bugged PTS values).

The(current, fixed) PTS values barely benefit because WW LA damage was always high thanks to the special scaling with weapon damage(which latest PTS repaired), not because of high scaling with stamina.

Ex: if 80% of your LA damage came from high weapon damage, and only 20% from high stamina, then the overall buff to LA in summerset will be relatively small, because summerset only improves stamina ratio for LA damage, not weapondamage ratio.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems more likely they just reverted the change to WW light attack scaling with weapon damage to the previous(current on live) values. Which coincidentally resulted in a 50% "buff"(over the bugged PTS values).

The(current, fixed) PTS values barely benefit because WW LA damage was always high thanks to the special scaling with weapon damage(which latest PTS repaired), not because of high scaling with stamina.

Ex: if 80% of your LA damage came from high weapon damage, and only 20% from high stamina, then the overall buff to LA in summerset will be relatively small, because summerset only improves stamina ratio for LA damage, not weapondamage ratio.

The current PTS is not just an increase in LA/HA damage given by max stamina, it's also a decrease in damage given by weapon damage. (they lowered the overall coefficient otherwise every build would have seen a big buff)

On a build oriented toward max stamina (probably what the dev were testing) the result is a net buff.
    On a build oriented toward weapon damage, the result is a no-change or very slight nerf.

This is easily verified on PTS, by swapping my automaton for hulking draugr i achieve close light attack numbers, things that is impossible on live.

The "problem" i have with this (not a big deal really) is that dev think they have "buffed" werewolf but in reality the builds that are the best performing on live were not buffed a all, they just allowed inferior (on live) builds to catch up.

Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems more likely they just reverted the change to WW light attack scaling with weapon damage to the previous(current on live) values. Which coincidentally resulted in a 50% "buff"(over the bugged PTS values).

The current PTS is not just an increase in LA/HA damage given by max stamina, it's also a decrease in damage given by weapon damage. (they lowered the overall coefficient otherwise every build would have seen a big buff)

On a build oriented toward max stamina (probably what the dev were testing) the result is a net buff.
    On a build oriented toward weapon damage, the result is a no-change or very slight nerf.

This is easily verified on PTS, by swapping my automaton for hulking draugr i achieve close light attack numbers, things that is impossible on live.

The "problem" i have with this (not a big deal really) is that dev think they have "buffed" werewolf but in reality the builds that are the best performing on live were not buffed a all, they just allowed inferior (on live) builds to catch up.

Basically this ^
    Edited by Qbiken on May 15, 2018 7:00AM
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't see it like that. What you call "inferior" on live may be inferior in terms of damage, but not inferior overall. Not having top damage is usually a tradeoff for something else. For example i am using salvation set instead of automaton, which is clearly inferior in terms of damage (150 weapon damage instead of 400), but the tradeoff being able to transform 33% faster (and thus 33% more often) is worth it for me (DK has it's perks...).

So, i think it is unfair to say the devs think they have buffed the WW when in reality they did not. They did. Its just that not all builds benefit equally.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, i think it is unfair to say the devs think they have buffed the WW when in reality they did not. They did. Its just that not all builds benefit equally.

I need to re-do all my Live/PTS comparison because they were missing Major Brutality and Hircine's Rage.
    This should increase the loss in DPS for my build.

Have you done the comparison with these buffs ? If not the "buff" for your build might be a lot smaller than what you thought.

I know what i wrote could be read like "if you got a buff on PTS then your build was bad" but it is just an exaggeration of the situation to explain my point. Also i'm purely judging "Weapon Damage vs Max Stamina", not the utility of great sets like Salvation :)

Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any Pelinal Builds stacking Weapon damage will get slight Nerf ,
    I honestly dont care much , cuz Pelinal builds lack of tankiness cuz of low magicka sustain and mitigation .

For me the sweetspot of WW weapon damage is between 3k and 3.5k wpd fully buffed up .
    Anything more is a overkill and demands sucrifice of survivability and tankiness.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any Pelinal Builds stacking Weapon damage will get slight Nerf ,
    I honestly dont care much , cuz Pelinal builds lack of tankiness cuz of low magicka sustain and mitigation .
    Pelinal buils are not the only ones aiming for weapon damage ...
    For me the sweetspot of WW weapon damage is between 3k and 3.5k wpd fully buffed up .
    Anything more is a overkill and demands sucrifice of survivability and tankiness.
    You must be missing some buffs then because even naked with just weapons i'm at 3643 WD (5372 physical WD with stuff on)
    Edited by Aznox on May 15, 2018 3:47PM
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • jediprime74
    jediprime74
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Is there any chance that we can get some clarification and feedback from the Devs on this issue? Is the 50% buff intended simply to try to fix the broken light attack issues on PTS, that is to say - bringing the value of that damage output to approximately what is is on live? Was it meant to cause a disparity between stamina pool vs weapon damage builds?

As always, thanks!

• Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is good news for Stam Sorc furballs, because they have the means to boost their stamina higher than most other builds.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is good news for Stam Sorc furballs, because they have the means to boost their stamina higher than most other builds.

No this is not, because it just makes stacking stamina barely as viable as stacking weapon damage was.
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You think now that bound armament is reworked, the skill can be slotted as a WW and the 8% max stam can be active ? I haven't tested, but it's definitively worth testing.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

From my testing on PTS the damage difference is close to 0 compared to live (and I´m testing with a Redguard Stamsorc). So far werewolfs benefit less than "non-werewolfs" by the new changes to light- and heavy attacks.
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jediprime74

The light attacks aren't "broken". They've just been standardized. Not sure if that should be the case, as while in WW form the Light attacks are essentially your spammable (with no cost).

The 50% buff has at for the most part placated people, but as it stands now, it allows a build that has more of a resource pool/sustain to perform more comparably damage wise in comparison to a build that sacrifices the resource pool for damage. IMO, this isn't very well balanced as while the Damage build trades sustain for burst, the resource sustain build has similar damage. Hence my assumption that it is a band-aid fix.

They should in no way have the increased stamina ratio in tandem with the increased WD scaling, however, unless WW light attacks also were accompanied by a nerf to light attacks, as that would make them a bit to overpowered.
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on May 15, 2018 12:40PM
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RoyJade wrote: »
    You think now that bound armament is reworked, the skill can be slotted as a WW and the 8% max stam can be active ? I haven't tested, but it's definitively worth testing.

It was never possible to slot any ability other than a werewolf ability on a werewolf bar and this has not changed.
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club