Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 21
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 18 - Feedback Thread for Psijic Order Skill Line

• ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I tried Imbue Weapon / Crushing Weapon on a bow build.

I found it impossible to light weave properly with this skill. The animation for the skill seems to be so long it leaves you with only a fraction of a second when you can get your light attack off. Most of the time it just doesn't happen. The only way I could get imbue to do any damage was to madly click the mouse button for light attacks while simultaneously madly clicking the key to cast the skill. This is not something I want to be doing on Live, especially when I can simply use a bow skill like poison arrow or scatter shot in that slot.

I had no problems with it. Are you weaving it like any other skill or trying to light attack after the skill?
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »

I found it impossible to light weave properly with this skill. The animation for the skill seems to be so long it leaves you with only a fraction of a second when you can get your light attack off. Most of the time it just doesn't happen. The only way I could get imbue to do any damage was to madly click the mouse button for light attacks while simultaneously madly clicking the key to cast the skill. This is not something I want to be doing on Live, especially when I can simply use a bow skill like poison arrow or scatter shot in that slot.

I had no problems with it. Are you weaving it like any other skill or trying to light attack after the skill?

I tried every rhythm of key clicks and mouse clicks I could think of. The problem seemed to be that I couldn't get anything else to happen while the skill animation was on-going.
    PC EU
  • Synapsis123
    Synapsis123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Review of Mend Wounds...

This skill basically requires two global cooldowns to use, one to cast and then one to channel or light attack. I would recommend making it work the same way but tap it to do the same thing as light attack does now. Make the heavy attack version go off by holding down the skill. Basically remove one of the global cooldowns. Also it appears to be bugged and starts your ult regen even when you heal someone out of combat.

Light attack variant also doesn't seem to scale very well.
    Edited by Synapsis123 on April 24, 2018 8:11PM
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I tried every rhythm of key clicks and mouse clicks I could think of. The problem seemed to be that I couldn't get anything else to happen while the skill animation was on-going.

I had no problem with this skill either. It could be slightly better but it was still very easy to weave with. LA+Imbue LA+imbue like any other skill.

But since I am already responding to bow related post in psijic feedback thread I must say:
    This skill is very game changing for bow/bow in pve and pvp. I like it and I am happy it was added. Its only shameful the stamina morph is kinda boring compared to magicka one and that it has again (like warden) no synergy with bow. Both bow passives still only increase damage of bow abilities and light attack and dont affect this skill unfortunately.
    Sometimes I would wish would be revisited, but dont expect much.

As for channeled acceleration (if i got the name right). Again very nice addition to bow/bow arsenal. Finally getting rid of the clunky, underperforming trap with 6s of minor force. The only issue is the animation feels... hm... unobvious to when it is supposed to end. So I find myself just spamming bar swap or light attack during it so i can keep the rotation going without too much delaying
    Edited by SodanTok on April 24, 2018 8:08PM
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately Undo does not work with Dragonknight's Battle Roar--is this intended?
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »
    Unfortunately Undo does not work with Dragonknight's Battle Roar--is this intended?

Seeing as the description of it is restores your health magicka stamina and position to what it was 4 seconds ago, logically it should not work with battle roar.
  • Sweetpea704
    Sweetpea704
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    I don't see a use for imbue weapons. It only buffs your next light attack by a bit. I would be loosing so much dps and a skill slot by using this. Using a spammable ability followed by a normal light attack deals more damage than using imbue weapons. Imbue weapons has no place in any rotation I'm afraid.

Have you leveled it? The magicka morph hits like a freaking truck.

Pea
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I absolutely love Symbiosis with my Clannfear. The fact that I can heal it without needing to use such an expensive ability should ease the strain on my magicka, especially when it's affected by DoTs. It's a great ability for someone like me and just what I've been needing.

Please don't remove the ability to target pets.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alpheu5 wrote: »
    I absolutely love Symbiosis with my Clannfear. The fact that I can heal it without needing to use such an expensive ability should ease the strain on my magicka, especially when it's affected by DoTs. It's a great ability for someone like me and just what I've been needing.

Please don't remove the ability to target pets.

That does sound really good. You would even benefit from regaining your magicka with Meditate to be able to channel a heal again.
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THE GOOD

Time Stop brings an interesting new dimension to PvP and gives a much-needed AOE CC to classes that lack one.

Imbue Weapons is good for the classes that needed it. Works well with the Spell Orb passive.

Meditate is an interesting and fun addition to some builds, without being BiS for everyone.

Undo is really cool in concept, but it's hard to imagine it being worth the opportunity cost of giving up another Ulti (except maybe the Precognition morph in PvP).

THE BAD

Acceleration is a big DPS loss because the skill does no damage, and the only reason to slot it is to get Major Expedition on a Templar (which is 3 secs too short) and there's no reason at all to use this skill on any other class. At 60% crit chance, the skill gives a 6% DPS boost which is less than simply using another damage skill instead.

THE UGLY

Mend Wounds is awkward, ineffective, and makes no logical sense on any weapon other than a Resto staff. It's also weaker than any other heal that could be slotted in its place, so every single class has access to superior options. This mechanic should be the default action of the Resto staff instead of a skill. The Psijic skill should be completely replaced with a heal over time aura instead, and the light/heavy healing mechanic should be moved to the Resto staff as its default action.

• FlamingBeard
    FlamingBeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FEEDBACK
    ---
    Channeled Acceleration (morph of Accelerate): Either remove the "self-snare" when first applying this morph's buffs OR remove the channel entirely and increase this morph's cost so that the other morph is the more cost-effective version for less uptime and this morph is the costly, long-lasting buff version.

Add sprint cost reduction to both morphs, not just the instant-cast morph.

BUGS
    ---
    Channeled Acceleration (morph of Accelerate): The channel animation for this skill often becomes "stuck," preventing you from doing anything except walk very slowly until it subsides.

Time Stop (and morphs): Using this skill and its morphs seems to cause the caster (at least on my own screen) to become totally invisible randomly

Edited by FlamingBeard on April 25, 2018 1:28PM
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    does anyone think the 3 second major expedition its just eeh even if you morph to the cast time to get longer time is a cast time abilty worth 9 second of it I know for pve people only care about minor force. with gcd 3 second buffs are a waste basically a 2 second buff.

DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    lucky_Sage wrote: »
    does anyone think the 3 second major expedition its just eeh even if you morph to the cast time to get longer time is a cast time abilty worth 9 second of it I know for pve people only care about minor force. with gcd 3 second buffs are a waste basically a 2 second buff.

Yes I do. But that applies to a whole bunch of longer duration buffs that have all been shortened in the name of balancing for years. E.G: the Major Mending 1.5 and 3 second windows from resto staff HAs.

It was already an action MMORPG from the get-go but it's now becoming a frantic one :)
  • FlamingBeard
    FlamingBeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lucky_Sage wrote: »

That's part of why I think Channeled Acceleration should at least remove the forced slow-down from the cast, or make it instant-cast and increase the cost.

Slowing yourself down to get a very short speed boost is a death sentence in PvP, so it's basically useless in its current form compared to Elusive Mist, Streak, Shadowy Disguise, and so on (the abilities listed are very useful for disengaging unfavorable combat situations, which is what most people would slot something like Channeled Acceleration for).

The shorter-lasting morph would remain the current cost or lower and could be weaved into PvE DPS rotations, while the other morph would be more popular for PvP magicka Templars, magicka Dragoknights, and possibly magicka Wardens who may dislike Bird of Prey for whatever reason.

I just think Channeled Acceleration is defeating its own purpose.
    Edited by FlamingBeard on April 25, 2018 4:16PM
  • HakaiDo
    HakaiDo
    ✭✭
    The passive that gives you a free shield when blocking while a Order skill is slotted is bugged.

When you you hold block and only let it go for a very very short time, the damage shield gets added onto the last one and does not go away as long as you hold block. This lets you stack up very huge shields before fights. (like 1mil shield)
    PC EU - @HakaiDo

Elenwen Stormwatch - Magicka Sorcerer
    Lilith Varen - Magicka Nightblade
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    HakaiDo wrote: »
    The passive that gives you a free shield when blocking while a Order skill is slotted is bugged.

When you you hold block and only let it go for a very very short time, the damage shield gets added onto the last one and does not go away as long as you hold block. This lets you stack up very huge shields before fights. (like 1mil shield)

Damn you! We were keeping that bug secret!

I kid, I kid...

The first time I used it my LUI add-on showed I had a 15K shield. That was even before the stacking bug.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »

I kid, I kid...

The first time I used it my LUI add-on showed I had a 15K shield. That was even before the stacking bug.

Before the stacking bug? I'm pretty sure this happened even on the day SS came on PTS, or am I missing something?

• Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »

I kid, I kid...

Before the stacking bug? I'm pretty sure this happened even on the day SS came on PTS, or am I missing something?

You misunderstand: 15K on just one activation (sometimes, not always) before the stacking bug the other guy mentioned makes it go even higher. I'm not talking about this being a new bug.
  • DoonerSeraph
    DoonerSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »

I had no problem with this skill either. It could be slightly better but it was still very easy to weave with. LA+Imbue LA+imbue like any other skill.

But since I am already responding to bow related post in psijic feedback thread I must say:
    This skill is very game changing for bow/bow in pve and pvp. I like it and I am happy it was added. Its only shameful the stamina morph is kinda boring compared to magicka one and that it has again (like warden) no synergy with bow. Both bow passives still only increase damage of bow abilities and light attack and dont affect this skill unfortunately.

As for channeled acceleration (if i got the name right). Again very nice addition to bow/bow arsenal. Finally getting rid of the clunky, underperforming trap with 6s of minor force. The only issue is the animation feels... hm... unobvious to when it is supposed to end. So I find myself just spamming bar swap or light attack during it so i can keep the rotation going without too much delaying

I tried using Crushing Weapon with a double -bow build. I was a little disappointed. Yes, it is faster and the best way to use it is cutting the LA animation with Crushing. But I felt the damage was a little too low for a single LA. Maybe levelling the morph a bit could make it better (I'm a bit lazy, sorry), but I found no reason to use it instead of "Focused Aim" on my archer Stam Sorc.

So:
    1. Focused Aim
      • Higher damage (even before hawks eye)
      • A little higher stamina cost
      • Benefits from Bow's passives (especially Hawk's Eye stacks)
      • 1.1s cast time
      • Applies minor fracture (and a range increasing mark)
    2. Crushing Weapon
      • Instant
      • Heals for 15% damage
      • Procs Spell Orb (which doesn't have that high damage btw)
      • Lower cost, but lower damage too
      • Can be cast with projectile in mid-air
      • Cannot be interrupted in PVP
      • Takes you out of stealth (AFAIK)

Maybe I'm being my usual scrub self, but I still see Focused Aim (even with the cast time) as a better option.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I tried using Crushing Weapon with a double -bow build. I was a little disappointed. Yes, it is faster and the best way to use it is cutting the LA animation with Crushing. But I felt the damage was a little too low for a single LA. Maybe levelling the morph a bit could make it better (I'm a bit lazy, sorry), but I found no reason to use it instead of "Focused Aim" on my archer Stam Sorc.

So:
    1. Focused Aim
      • 1.1s cast time
    2. Crushing Weapon
      • Instant
      • Heals for 15% damage

Maybe I'm being my usual scrub self, but I still see Focused Aim (even with the cast time) as a better option.

Well it's comparable to other spammables. Snipe has a cast time and delay, not what you want on a spammable damage skill.

• Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So:
    1. Focused Aim
      • 1.1s cast time
    2. Crushing Weapon
      • Instant
      • Heals for 15% damage

I haven't tried fighting someone with it yet, but from just fighting the guards I concur. It felt very weak vs the guards and it hurt my stam to spam much more than I initially expected.

Its only 300 stam or so cheaper than Snipe but does half the damage. Its almost 1k cheaper than Acid Spray but doesn't cleave and does slightly more single target damage.

It cannot be interrupted and has that small heal so perhaps it will work better against players. Another problem with it I encountered was how often I wasted stam because I cast it and was immediately CC'd or staggered before I could get a light attack off and it failed to trigger on the target. It seemed while fighting guards that every 4th or 5th cast was wasted.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • DoonerSeraph
    DoonerSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭

So:
    1. Focused Aim
      • 1.1s cast time
    2. Crushing Weapon
      • Instant
      • Heals for 15% damage

Well it's comparable to other spammables. Snipe has a cast time and delay, not what you want on a spammable damage skill.

I think the higher base damage makes up for both of these shortcomings, unless you are in a very frantic fight where 1.1s casting can get you killed, then Crushing Weapon would be better because you can almost always pull off the LA. Snipe is a decent spammable for DPS IMO, its mostly the pew-pew'ers in vet dungeons that made the skill a bad impression :D
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So:
    1. Focused Aim
      • 1.1s cast time
    2. Crushing Weapon
      • Instant
      • Heals for 15% damage

I think the higher base damage makes up for both of these shortcomings, unless you are in a very frantic fight where 1.1s casting can get you killed, then Crushing Weapon would be better because you can almost always pull off the LA. Snipe is a decent spammable for DPS IMO, its mostly the pew-pew'ers in vet dungeons that made the skill a bad impression :D

Well, I'm thinking more of PvP; for that Imbue is a really nice option to have. I wouldn't know what's best for dps on bow. :smile:

• DoonerSeraph
    DoonerSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭

So:
    1. Focused Aim
      • 1.1s cast time
    2. Crushing Weapon
      • Instant
      • Heals for 15% damage

Well, I'm thinking more of PvP; for that Imbue is a really nice option to have. I wouldn't know what's best for dps on bow. :smile:

Ah, yes, definitely in PVP you want to be fast, snipe is most useful for the ganker, although there are a few open-field snipers with Asyum Bow, valiant those ones :smile:

And the difference is not that huge going on a dummy for example, and may be smaller if you have a stamplar supplying minor fracture, so people can choose rotation convenience over a bit of damage. :)
  • DiNanna63
    DiNanna63
    ✭✭✭
    posted on the wrong thread

Edited by DiNanna63 on April 25, 2018 8:47PM
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So:
    1. Focused Aim
      • 1.1s cast time
    2. Crushing Weapon
      • Instant
      • Heals for 15% damage

That is completely true, but also something that wont ever change. Its same case as cutting dive vs snipe on warden. You could make ranged surprise attack and snipe would outperform it.

Its partly the simple fact of snipe having cast time so obv being better than instant ability. And second is the continuous neglect regarding bow passives and they (completely missing) synergy with nonbow abilities.

But having instant ranged spammable is still very game changing for true combat performance which, contrary to dummy, not always allows for snipe to being used reliably or safely. For me, personally, the bad performance in trials also greatly affect if I choose to use snipe or instant spammable (main reason i main warden now).

On stamsorc it is very easy, since you can just slot both and use whatever fits that exact moment. On nightblade you cant much, but it does perform very well, mostly because NB has many abilities to use (less time for cast times) and you can weave much more light attacks with it. Havent compared snipe vs crushing yet, but crushing alone performed very well for me (40+k DPS). Warden is not really part of this, because there is barely time for cheap spammable in rotation that uses 2-3 sub assaults and cutting dive performs better anyway. And my expertise with templar or DK is very limited, still I think there is bar space for both abilities on both of them.

As for PVP. The value of crushing is very obvious. Not to replace snipe, but to support it.

• Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So:
    1. Focused Aim
      • 1.1s cast time
    2. Crushing Weapon
      • Instant
      • Heals for 15% damage

That is completely true, but also something that wont ever change. Its same case as cutting dive vs snipe on warden. You could make ranged surprise attack and snipe would outperform it.

Its partly the simple fact of snipe having cast time so obv being better than instant ability. And second is the continuous neglect regarding bow passives and they (completely missing) synergy with nonbow abilities.

But having instant ranged spammable is still very game changing for true combat performance which, contrary to dummy, not always allows for snipe to being used reliably or safely. For me, personally, the bad performance in trials also greatly affect if I choose to use snipe or instant spammable (main reason i main warden now).

On stamsorc it is very easy, since you can just slot both and use whatever fits that exact moment. On nightblade you cant much, but it does perform very well, mostly because NB has many abilities to use (less time for cast times) and you can weave much more light attacks with it. Havent compared snipe vs crushing yet, but crushing alone performed very well for me (40+k DPS). Warden is not really part of this, because there is barely time for cheap spammable in rotation that uses 2-3 sub assaults and cutting dive performs better anyway. And my expertise with templar or DK is very limited, still I think there is bar space for both abilities on both of them.

As for PVP. The value of crushing is very obvious. Not to replace snipe, but to support it.

So yeah I tried a build where I didn't have Snipe and it felt very lackluster. However when I use Crushing with Snipe it performed admirably. I won almost every dual with it and Snipe.

It is a very nice filler for PVP.
    Templar's are evil..
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So:
    1. Focused Aim
      • 1.1s cast time
    2. Crushing Weapon
      • Instant
      • Heals for 15% damage

So yeah I tried a build where I didn't have Snipe and it felt very lackluster. However when I use Crushing with Snipe it performed admirably. I won almost every dual with it and Snipe.

What build?
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »

So:
    1. Focused Aim
      • 1.1s cast time
    2. Crushing Weapon
      • Instant
      • Heals for 15% damage

What build?

I'll pm you, can't give my secrets out to everyone.
    Templar's are evil..
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »

So:
    1. Focused Aim
      • 1.1s cast time
    2. Crushing Weapon
      • Instant
      • Heals for 15% damage

What build?

I'll pm you, can't give my secrets out to everyone.

How much does crushing blow heal?