Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 21
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 18 - Feedback Thread for Psijic Order Skill Line

• schattenkind
    schattenkind
    ✭✭✭
    Zer0oo wrote: »
    [...]
    It could also be nice if we could buy this scroll(account bound) on live server for some gold(~10k gold) after having maxed out the skill line on one character. That would save so many ppl with alts the boring grind.
    [...]

Seriously? 10k gold? IF that would be an option at all, they would sell it for 10k crowns.

I dont disagree on the idea itself, after my 3rd toon or so I started to wish they would sell skillpoint-bundles to stop this amazingly annoying skyshard collecting.. Also I wish for an option to skip or fast forward the first quests for the main story quest at the very beginning which takes ages until valerion moves... And lets not forget lore books and undaunted and fighters guild. Doing it once, ok but on each toon? It takes so much time to do all over again what you did already with the first toon with no rational reason (if thinking outside-game) and it will never change. And guess what - ppl do it anyway.
    And when youre finally done with grinding and actually could play your desired build, an update comes and turns all your ideas into trash.
    Long story short, even if they could make money from that a lot, I dont believe there will ever be such a thing as buying all those.
    PC - EU
    Primary: PvP: magSorc, magNB, PvE: DK Tank, Templar Heal
    Secondary: PvP: magDK, Templar, PvE: Warden something
  • AstinosHighsun
    AstinosHighsun
    Soul Shriven
    Imbue weapon could be used as a bow mainhand pve spammable so I like the idea, but only tested it on a magplar yet.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since I got blocked by a bug (A Time for Mud and Mushrooms) I cannot assess the skill line yet, but I can comment on the quest/skill line leveling so far!

I love the Augur!

I rode all over an zone but never saw anything called Psijic Portal (what do they look like?)

I am finding, like some others, the sealing Time Breaches rather grindy. It is a lot of porting around - the idea is nice but I think the number of Breaches should be reduced to make it less annoying. Not a difficult quest just time consuming - I didn't mind the first 3 quests of this and though it ended with me fetching the pieces but then it went back to sealing breaches!

This quest chain will also be a NIGHTMARE for new players. Not only are they not familiar with the world map - it isn't clear that the Psijic Maps are based on the world map (from questions in Artaeum Zone). New players have no wayshrines making these breaches extremely arduous. I think the redguard psijic should offer a port - at least to each zone if not to the wayshrines nearest the breaches. (would smooth things for veteran players too!)

Suggestion: have the Augur repeat his dialogue when you reapply the buff - so you can hear the hint again.

Suggestion: don't make the Augur buff falling off or applying dismount the character - it gets quite irritating the more breaches you seal:P

I can't wait for the bug fix to progress further on the quest line and be able to fully test it!
  • Valkysas154
    Valkysas154
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Psijic calling - Take the Psijic map of summerset

Show it's under the island far as i can tell thus can not get to it to continue the quest
    i went as far as jumping in the ocean still says its below me
    Edited by Valkysas154 on April 20, 2018 10:59PM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just linking this thread as its topic seems to have had a lot of input:
    How has leveling Psijiic Skill Line for you been?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    This quest chain will also be a NIGHTMARE for new players. Not only are they not familiar with the world map - it isn't clear that the Psijic Maps are based on the world map (from questions in Artaeum Zone). New players have no wayshrines making these breaches extremely arduous. I think the redguard psijic should offer a port - at least to each zone if not to the wayshrines nearest the breaches. (would smooth things for veteran players too!)

There was somebody asking in zone chat a few days ago, if the Iliac Bay region was a new zone, bc they'd never heard of it. Even though we all explained to the best of our abilities that the Iliac Bay region was just some of the DC zones, he still didn't understand it, and was convinced it was a new zone. So, my point is, some people don't know the lore/aren't as invested in the lore as most others are, so maybe instead of saying "The Iliac Bay region", it should say "The Iliac Bay Region of the Daggerfall Covenant" or something similar.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »

There was somebody asking in zone chat a few days ago, if the Iliac Bay region was a new zone, bc they'd never heard of it. Even though we all explained to the best of our abilities that the Iliac Bay region was just some of the DC zones, he still didn't understand it, and was convinced it was a new zone. So, my point is, some people don't know the lore/aren't as invested in the lore as most others are, so maybe instead of saying "The Iliac Bay region", it should say "The Iliac Bay Region of the Daggerfall Covenant" or something similar.

And some people are so dumb that they actively fight learning also. That's the only way to explain the fact that you explaining it to that person still didn't get it to work for them, especially when they had a map looking similar to zones they could see on their map.
    I work in customer service, specifically direct tech support. Let's just say there are some exceptionally dumb people out there and mostly because they refuse to try to learn.

Thus, complicated inaccurate maps and directions are a very bad idea for this game. Too many people will not understand and won't try to fix their mind to do so.
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on April 20, 2018 11:53PM
  • schattenkind
    schattenkind
    ✭✭✭
    There could be a hint given, when you click or mouseover the red markers in the psijic map, which tell you where to go, f.e. in the first level "You should teleport travel to Glenumbra and explore the north cementery area" or sth like that. This way it will not tell you exactly where to go, but at least give an idea what to look for.
    PC - EU
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IARTOI wrote: »
    I have concerns about Maditate skill. Its really cool that skill has no cost this is advantege. But alongside this there are big disadvantages. First of all when you cast this ability you can not cast any other skill and can not move. But you are open to all attacks and its interruptable. How can we use this to all classes? (Talking about PvP) We need to get out of combat, run away from enemy use this ability. Who can manage run away faster?; Sorcerers can with streak, Nightblades with cloak (if they dont get detect). For rest of other classes need major expedition to run away fast. In most of scenerios your enemies always chasing you I mean you have to fight back or run until you run out resources. Also in combats you can not go in sneak and use this ability. So when will we use this ability? After kill all enemies around? No one will allow us to stay in meditate.

Maybe a little bit change would be more functional for this skill. For example allow us to float on air while in meditate. At least with this movement people can use enviroment a bit and gain some resources in 2-3 sec whatever.

You do not have to be out of combat to use the skill. While channeling the skill you gain major protection. This will be the number 1 used/exploited ability introduced by update 18 in PVP.

Scenario: Group A runs in bursts on group B runs to LOS point "Meditate".
    Scenario: Group A engages Group B at intersect point. Nightblades cast storm, "Meditate".

The fact that this ability grants major protection and is impacted by CP means this will become the go to LOS / group sustain mechanism.

• griervaila
    griervaila
    Soul Shriven
    I'll be looking for the portals as soon as the PTS finishes patching. I am a heavy elf mage character preference type person. I also like things that change up skill sets so we have something new to focus on that might build onto weapons and skills we are already using in game but unlock additional slots for bonus skills by doing this or that. Like hidden traits.
    The graphics are visually appealing and I enjoy some of the backgrounds and characters as much as the story itself.
    Can't wait to dive all the way into Summerset. Will update feedback as I progress through the order.
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mend Wounds needs a major rework!

This skill feels like it should be the default action of the Resto staff, and it makes no logical sense for any other weapon type. Yes, we're playing in a fantasy world but the design of this skill feels out-of-place and absurd. The best possible thing to do with this skill is:

(1) Move the entire mechanic to Resto staff and make it the default function of all resto light/heavy attacks. It actually makes sense and feels right on the Resto, and only on the Resto. It feels like what Resto should be in the first place.
    (2) Replace this skill with something entirely new. A simple HoT or a health recovery buff (with a group/AOE morph and an extended duration morph) would be infinitely better than the current design.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At present, it may not be possible to complete the Psijic skill line on a character who has already completed Percolating Mire in Shadowfen.

There appears to be a time rift inside the pre-quest phased version of that location. However, the rift does not appear to be present in the post-quest phase.
  • ladyrio1b14_ESO
    I was unable to get the ultimate ability due to a quest bug in the quest 'The Throne's Fall'. I would have liked to have tested that out. Made a report in game.
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crushing Weapon - As a melee stamblade, it is detrimental to use.

Comparing the time it took me to take down mobs with /without Crushing Weapon ... when I didn't use it, I was able to take down mobs in roughly 1/4 of the time it took me to kill the same mobs using a rotation that included Crushing Weapon.

The biggest problem is the dps loss because each time you cast it you loose the damage you could have done with each GCD ... and that damage loss is not made up by the gain to my light attacks ... not by a long shot. This causes mobs to take a lot longer to die ... more strain on my resources and the longer the mobs live the more damage I take.

I like the idea, but the only ones who will probably benefit from this skill are gankers and maybe pew pew'ers who like to spam light attacks at a distance.

Note: Crushing Weapon has a cool (but lengthy) animation that is awkward to try and animation cancel in a rotation.
    Edited by Maryal on April 22, 2018 7:14AM
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bubble that freezes enemies who are in it ... (sorry, I'm tired and forgot what the skill is called). Now I really like that skill. It sounded more powerful than what it turned out to be, which I suppose is a good thing. I think it will be useful in both pvp and pve. It's one of the few skills that has made me chuckle ... the frozen expressions and positions are funny. Thanks for this skill!
    Edited by Maryal on April 22, 2018 6:32AM
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the time lost tower we cant go further in the quest line. The quest says Finde Josajeh.

She is right there but she just stands at the front of teh throne, but it happens nothing, canst speaking with her.

So basicly theer is no interaction with her. Nothing is going on.

On that note, btw can we have a Cyrodill based house too? :P it is soo cool :D
    GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
    GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
    GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
    My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n
  • Footfalls
    Footfalls
    ✭✭✭
    Psijic time breaches are rubbish! Here are some suggestions for improvements.

Levelling the Psijic guild quest line as it is on PTS is in my opinion the absolute worst kind of MMO quest - go to these 9 places and press X. Now do this 5 more times.

That's it, that's all you have to do to become a master Psijic mage, and I have to say that is an incredibly brain-numbingly dull and boring grind to do on even one character! I have been praising ZOS all this time for coming up with good Elder-Scrolls RPG style quest designs that makes people interested in listening to dialogue and reading books while playing the game, but Psijic levelling harkens back to the release state of ESO.

In comparison, levelling the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood guild quest lines was actually interesting for a thief or assassin to do, you had to steal things, or kill people. You even had heists and sacraments. This is actually involving gameplay compared to the Psijic Guild!

My suggestion is to add time-shifted monsters to the time rifts. Reduce the amount of breaches to like, 3-5 per quest to keep the grind time the same, but have the player fight waves of random time-displaced enemies at each breach. We could have things like Oblivion guards leaving the breach saying "HALT! YOU HAVE VIOLATED THE LAW!" or just whatever monster models you have at hand (there's plenty of models you can use ingame, sand gargoyles, Haj Mota, vampires, anything you can think of really). Lore-wise these monsters could have become insane and can't be reasoned with, give them a line or two of dialogue as well for flavour purposes to indicate this.

Maybe physically time-travelling monsters aren't lore friendly, so have them be ghostly echoes instead, and give them a ghost effect. Run this by the Loremaster if not sure.

What do you guys think?
    Edited by Footfalls on April 22, 2018 9:59AM
  • Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Footfalls wrote: »

Levelling the Psijic guild quest line as it is on PTS is in my opinion the absolute worst kind of MMO quest - go to these 9 places and press X. Now do this 5 more times.

That's it, that's all you have to do to become a master Psijic mage, and I have to say that is an incredibly brain-numbingly dull and boring grind to do on even one character! I have been praising ZOS all this time for coming up with good Elder-Scrolls RPG style quest designs that makes people interested in listening to dialogue and reading books while playing the game, but Psijic levelling harkens back to the release state of ESO.

In comparison, levelling the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood guild quest lines was actually interesting for a thief or assassin to do, you had to steal things, or kill people. This is actually involving gameplay compared to the Psijic Guild!

My suggestion is to add time-shifted monsters to the time rifts. Reduce the amount of breaches to like, 3-5 per quest to keep the grind time the same, but have the player fight waves of random time-displaced enemies at each breach. We could have things like Oblivion guards leaving the breach saying "HALT! YOU HAVE VIOLATED THE LAW!" or just whatever monster models you have at hand (there's plenty of models you can use ingame, sand gargoyles, Haj Mota, vampires, anything you can think of really). Lore-wise these monsters could have become insane and can't be reasoned with, give them a line or two of dialogue as well for flavour purposes to indicate this.

Maybe physically time-travelling monsters aren't lore friendly, so have them be ghostly echoes instead, and give them a ghost effect. Run this by the Loremaster if not sure.

What do you guys think?

I think that's a good idea. Big improvement.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maryal wrote: »
    Crushing Weapon - As a melee stamblade, it is detrimental to use.

Comparing the time it took me to take down mobs with /without Crushing Weapon ... when I didn't use it, I was able to take down mobs in roughly 1/4 of the time it took me to kill the same mobs using a rotation that included Crushing Weapon.

The biggest problem is the dps loss because each time you cast it you loose the damage you could have done with each GCD ... and that damage loss is not made up by the gain to my light attacks ... not by a long shot. This causes mobs to take a lot longer to die ... more strain on my resources and the longer the mobs live the more damage I take.

I like the idea, but the only ones who will probably benefit from this skill are gankers and maybe pew pew'ers who like to spam light attacks at a distance.

Note: Crushing Weapon has a cool (but lengthy) animation that is awkward to try and animation cancel in a rotation.

Indeed, which is why I believe that it should empower your next 2 light attacks, not just 1. Imbue weapons makes little sense to me as of now. It's not as good as other spammables and it's also not suitable for any rotation.

If this ability was really only made for snipe and overload gankers, then I am quite depressed.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

My debut album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@Gleandra/videos
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did somebody screenshot or video the passive that charges you up and unleashes and orb when you reach the maximum stacks? Would like to see the skill's visuals.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • schattenkind
    schattenkind
    ✭✭✭
    Footfalls wrote: »

In comparison, levelling the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood guild quest lines was actually interesting for a thief or assassin to do, you had to steal things, or kill people. You even had heists and sacraments. This is actually involving gameplay compared to the Psijic Guild!

What do you guys think?

I repost my idea from the original thread:

I like your idea and was thinking myself a lot about how to make this more interesting. I couldnt come up with a solution on my own but reading other ideas it gives my ideads some food.

In addition to reducing the amount of time breaches to close per map, I was thinking about using f.e. a guard who stands by the time breach and gives you riddles, which you have either to solve or - if you failed - had to fight some amout of monsters or do another (easy) sub-quest, like "go there and bring me 5 rare mushrooms". These riddles tho should not be about lore (at least not deep-lore), since not everyone is that much into lore, just overall, common riddles that you could solve with some research. Maybe there would be a time you have to complete the riddle in. And those riddles should be random, to not give a run-through solution. The time needed to level the skill line shall not be shortend easily by knowing where which riddle is brought up.

On the next breach there could be a guard who is bored of waiting 420 of years and wants to play a game, like some easy card game (I lack imagination to bring any up, some kind of black jack or sth). If you win, you may close the breach, if you lose, guard starts buffing up and attacks you.

Then on the next there could be a guard, who likes competition and wants to compete against you, f.e. he lets a hand full of monsters spawn, then starts a countdown and who kills them faster, or who kills more in a given time, wins. If you win, you may close the breach, if you lose, all monsters killed come back to life and you have to fight them and the guard in order to proceed.

I dont know if this stuff is in some sort compatible to the world and lore, since I m not that much into that, but after all it would be something different and, depending on how the ideas are implemented, much more interesting or even challenging.
    Edited by schattenkind on April 22, 2018 10:28AM
    PC - EU
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we speedup animation of Imbue Weapon.
  • cookingbaconsl
    cookingbaconsl
    Soul Shriven
    The Augur of the Obscure is freaking hilarious!!

Who is the voice actor??
  • Beodamacsa
    Beodamacsa
    ✭✭✭
    I personally hate dolmens so probably won't enjoy this.
  • FirstNationJustice
    Did you try out all of the abilities? - all except Undo

Which abilities would you incorporate into your build? - Accelerate, Imbue weapon, meditate

Were you able to easily acquire and advance the skill line? yes

What was your favorite ability and why? elemental weapon (imbue morph), it was my favored as it worked well into weaving and offered a damn fine buff. However accelerate morph where you get 30 sec of speed and 9 secs of crit dam is very enticing, meditate can out HoT most trash mobs and probably most noob pvpers

Were you able to find the Psijic Portals? - yes

If so, did you understand what types of loot you get from them? - yes, more would be nice though.

Did they feel rewarding for the difficulty in finding them? - no

Do you have any other general feedback? - mending blows, it prevents you from using light or heavy attacks for a certain amount of time, i get that the next light attack is a heal of some sort to an ally but i can hit light attack faster then the negate time you have set, so it feels as if i getting ripped off with light attack weaving
  • Ingimarr
    Ingimarr
    Soul Shriven
    Time Freeze disappearing act. So, while leveling the Psijic Order skill line I noticed that every time I cast Time Freeze I would disappear after I stopped moving.
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is the morphs of undo : (121 ultimate on a sorcerer (so 15% passive).

1524530446-screenshot-20180424-023955.png

and the other :

1524530508-screenshot-20180424-023958.png
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This quest line is as others have said mind numbing and soul destroying, really not enjoying this. Great for new players as a way to explore the world and unlock wayshrines but incredibly dull.

I'll take dull over "exciting hard mode" or "RNG 1% chance".

I remember worse grinds in old school World of Warcraft The Burning Crusade just so I could ride a dragon mount outside of combat and only in that zone at the time.

I have to say it is really annoying how many times I've killed Molag Bal's ghost in IC and still don't have the skin... even during the event. I may try for it again... but it is truly mind numbing and painful to stare at sewers for days killing the same mobs in the same room over and over and over and over and over and over and over^100th power.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just have a quick bug/suggestion for a specific Psijic skill:

Meditate.
    It is slow to start healing, noticeably so. It gives too much time to be able to interrupt it.
    It needs to start healing earlier into the channel, like 0.5 seconds in or less. It currently feels like it waits 1.5-2 seconds to start, well after you're already floating in the air(love that by the way).

Edit:
    Also, Meditate does not heal at all if tapped rapidly to toggle it on then off. I feel this is an issue. It should heal if it takes a global cooldown just for a single tic. It would be less than if channeled, due to the animation time, but make it useful in situations where you can't just let it channel.
    Other skills benefit from toggling on and off, or really just refreshing instantly, such as Strife and the Warden Blue Betty skill that removes a negative effect instantly on activation.
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on April 24, 2018 6:42PM
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tried Imbue Weapon / Crushing Weapon on a bow build.

I found it impossible to light weave properly with this skill. The animation for the skill seems to be so long it leaves you with only a fraction of a second when you can get your light attack off. Most of the time it just doesn't happen. The only way I could get imbue to do any damage was to madly click the mouse button for light attacks while simultaneously madly clicking the key to cast the skill. This is not something I want to be doing on Live, especially when I can simply use a bow skill like poison arrow or scatter shot in that slot.

PC EU