Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 21
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 18 - Feedback Thread for Psijic Order Skill Line

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for the Psijic Order Skill Line. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Did you try out all of the abilities?
  • Which abilities would you incorporate into your build?
  • Were you able to easily acquire and advance the skill line?
  • What was your favorite ability and why?
  • Were you able to find the Psijic Portals?
    • If so, did you understand what types of loot you get from them?
    • Did they feel rewarding for the difficulty in finding them?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will be testing Acceleration in my build for PVP. Having a self buff major expedition will pull off pressure for builds to use other pots over speed pots which im hoping will increase build diversity. Also, I will be testing if the cast time morph with major protection will be better than the instant cast that grants sprint cost reduction.

I will also test Meditate out, but only to see how it works as an ability that roots your character in place (but most likely not use it in PVP as templars do not have a way to move in cyro like sorcs/nightblades who will take better advantage of that ability.)

Here is a link to my build for the Devs that are curious:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/371865/pvp-templar-build-spectre-monk-updated-for-dnb/p1

My initial thoughts are that the sprint cost reduction is way too short to make full use of it. Also, cast times are generally very limiting in combat situations, especially for templars who are casting long rotations for both offense/defense. If sprint cost reduction matched minor force duration, then you will see many sprint based players run that morph.
    Edited by Minno on April 16, 2018 7:29PM
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just me or did the natch pots not have the passives listed?
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I´d love to test it if i could find a way to access the skillline :blush:
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imbue weapon stam morph is boring and unimaginative and should be changed to provide a buff/debuff or ape damage. Magika morph is all around a better skill
    Edited by Aliyavana on April 27, 2018 2:12PM
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd love to get feedback but unfortunately I the morphs and passives aren't listen so no accurate data can be given
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NyassaV wrote: »
    I'd love to get feedback but unfortunately I the morphs and passives aren't listen so no accurate data can be given

I got you fams!:

https://imgur.com/a/SArxx
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 8m radius on time freeze seems small at first glance.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

I got you fams!:

1 ability slot for 2400 damage on your next light attack ? This better be the value when you have no CP and no stats.^^
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

My debut album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@Gleandra/videos
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Minno wrote: »

I got you fams!:

1 ability slot for 2400 damage on your next light attack ? This better be the value when you have no CP and no stats.^^

sadly no idea. These are from before PTS (cant access summerset on the pts to unlock skilline.)
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am also curious as to how we unlock the skill line.
    Crown Crates are a trap. Don't fall for the gamble! Balance? What Balance? Balance, smellance.
    Necro for them RP feels.
  • Valkysas154
    Valkysas154
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My any other feed back

Don't want to do the main story so can't unlock it - and from chat in game most agree and the other half cant find them

but from what i see from the post from Minno i am not impressed and wont use any of them most likely on my templar they don't seem to fit them just like 100% of dmg proc sets in the game.... But to be fair i am ocd on my toons the look and spells and procs pets mount house -everything- have to fit or i just wont use them prob only one of the few templars that use 5 templars skills on there bar

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trying to unlock the skill tree, but it's absurdly grindy. Think in game treasure maps, but 5x worse using names that don't appear anywhere in ESO.
  • DeathStalker
    DeathStalker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the official feedback thread for the Psijic Order Skill Line. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
    • Did you try out all of the abilities?
    • Which abilities would you incorporate into your build?

I think the quest to get the skill line is way too grindy. The maps don't help much. Even when you're in the right area they can be hard to find, and you just had to go get too many to unlock the skill tree. For leveling up the skill line, then maybe. It's not supposed to be leveled up in a day. But for the initial quest to get the skill line, it's just too many.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This is all from the perspective of a low level character leveling through Summerset content

Acquire it? Yeah it was easy enough to get started. The map quest is a bit much though: closing 5 rifts instead of 9 would feel a lot better.

Advance it? I have found 1 single solitary portal accidentally and using it got me some loot just fine but did not advance the skill line. I do have the second map that sends me to "Iliac Bay" which honestly is a bit obscure unless you really, really know your TES Lore from SP games. Having a hell of a time matching that map to actual locations in zones.

I sure hope closing the rifts is not the only way to advance the line.

My general feedback is that it feels exceedingly grindy - much much worse than the scavenger hunt for Mage's Guild books.
  • commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can someone post Psijic skills and especially passives with exact numbers? Patch Notes dont help much
    Rawr
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There better be an addon for this grind ASAP after launch.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »

This is all from the perspective of a low level character leveling through Summerset content

Acquire it? Yeah it was easy enough to get started. The map quest is a bit much though: closing 5 rifts instead of 9 would feel a lot better.

Advance it? I have found 1 single solitary portal accidentally and using it got me some loot just fine but did not advance the skill line. I do have the second map that sends me to "Iliac Bay" which honestly is a bit obscure unless you really, really know your TES Lore from SP games. Having a hell of a time matching that map to actual locations in zones.

I sure hope closing the rifts is not the only way to advance the line.

My general feedback is that it feels exceedingly grindy - much much worse than the scavenger hunt for Mage's Guild books.

I don't usually talk to myself but I will this time because having completed the second set of 9 rift closures, this kind of grind is growing on me lol.

Yes, there is a lot of travel involved and because of that higher level characters who have been most everywhere will have the advantage of unlocked wayshrines, etc. It's a bit more time consuming for a low level alt which is what I'm trying to do but hey, with houses all costing 1 crown on the PTS I just bought something near where I needed to go as a workaround kludge :)

Just be aware when this goes live, all the travelling will be the grindiest part.

The maps themselves finally started making sense once I got a handle on the scale and the fact that major cities are drawn in (sort of) as well as some roads and the zone borders. That helps get you to the general vicinity and then it's up to you and Bob (for all you Harry Dresden fans out there) to search the area until you find the rift.

The best part is that completing a set of 9 rifts from a map gives you a whole level in the skill line. I'm only level 2 Psijic so I'm not 100% sure if that holds true until the end but doing this 10 times to get at the ultimate is not really that bad as long as you enjoy exploration.

So... I'm starting to like it.
    Edited by Iselin on April 17, 2018 9:19AM
  • Vexarius
    Vexarius
    ✭✭✭
    I am up to the Valenwood map section of these quests and I am finding it exceedingly dull doing all the wayshrine hopping, close a time rift, rinse and repeat. :/
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »
    The best part is that completing a set of 9 rifts from a map gives you a whole level in the skill line. I'm only level 2 Psijic so I'm not 100% sure if that holds true until the end but doing this 10 times to get at the ultimate is not really that bad as long as you enjoy exploration.

So... I'm starting to like it.

That actually sounds great. It's sort of challenging(a better way than an overpowered boss) and sounds perfectly rewarding. But, that will only hold if your estimation of one level per map is true.

This would also make it a lot like the Soul Magic skill line which was one level per quest completion, which were longer quests.
    I like it if so.
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on April 17, 2018 9:58AM
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's too strong
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skander wrote: »
    It's too strong

What is?
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's too strong

Now that, just from the basic info in the patch notes, is completely incorrect.
    I already know several ways to counter these abilities just based on their primary effects, not to mention the fact that Time Stop will still be completely useless against anything but the weakest enemies, which makes me very sad. :'(
    I wish I had a reason to use Time Stop in dungeons and trials.
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on April 17, 2018 10:35AM
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope the entire skill line isn't leveled by closing countless rifts. I thought fishing was mind-numbingly boring, but closing rifts has it beat. I am trying not to be negative, because this content is so awesome, but can you please give us an alternative to closing rifts! Please!!!
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please make the Leveling of the skill line..more exciting.

Wayshrine - rift - Wayshrine - rift -wayshrine rif........oh god WHY!? logs into cyrodiil and fights hordes of Zaan's+Sloades 1vXers
    Character: Eros, Eros I I, The Paw of Woe
    Class: Templar Healer/MagWarden/ Stam Sorc
    Alliance: DC
    Campaign: Vivec (pc/na)
    Guardians of Daggerfall
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's too strong

What is?

Passive shield, passive dmg, passive major protection.

Everyone will be using a psijic skill becouse they have everything to offer

That is for pvp

At least everyone that buys the chapter

2.5k free shield every 10 seconds

major protection when channeling AND casting may seem not good, but it's a hell of a strong passive.

Also there is a dmg passive.

They don't seem overwhelming becouise they aren't, but there is no reason to not have them, becouse they are free.

If you buy the chapter

It's like having mage's guild behind the clockwork dlc.
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't seem overwhelming becouise they aren't, but there is no reason to not have them, becouse they are free.
    If you buy the chapter
    It's like having mage's guild behind the clockwork dlc.

Did you forget about Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood being locked behind a purchase and also very very useful for certain things, especially for stealth gankers?

This is nothing new. They just finally gave us a skill line with content that truly is worth buying for other reasons.
    I would not have bought thieves guild or dark brotherhood without those skill lines.
  • HanzeeBokeem
    HanzeeBokeem
    ✭✭✭
    This quest line is as others have said mind numbing and soul destroying, really not enjoying this. Great for new players as a way to explore the world and unlock wayshrines but incredibly dull.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This quest line is as others have said mind numbing and soul destroying, really not enjoying this. Great for new players as a way to explore the world and unlock wayshrines but incredibly dull.

I'll take dull over "exciting hard mode" or "RNG 1% chance".

I remember worse grinds in old school World of Warcraft The Burning Crusade just so I could ride a dragon mount outside of combat and only in that zone at the time.
  • HanzeeBokeem
    HanzeeBokeem
    ✭✭✭

I'll take dull over "exciting hard mode" or "RNG 1% chance".

I remember worse grinds in old school World of Warcraft The Burning Crusade just so I could ride a dragon mount outside of combat and only in that zone at the time.

The other issue with this quest line for me is that it takes you away from the beautiful Isle of Artaeum and Summerset. As a major part of this new chapter I was looking forward to learning the ways of the Psijic Order and exploring the new areas only to find the quest takes you to the older, mostly explored areas.How far have people got with this? I've just finished the second set, do we really have 10 sets of portals to close?

• Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Marking on the Psijic Map of the Illiac Bay for the Burial mounds Breach could probably be moved up a little bit.

Map Marker:
    tjmu4kjdo5x3.png