Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Should the Warden be buffed?

• Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    ANGEL_BtVS wrote: »
    ANGEL_BtVS wrote: »
    I'm with the crowd that would like to see ZOS make ice mage DDs a thing. There are probably enough skills to make it feasible, they just need a buff and maybe a little reworking (Northern Storm, Winter' Revenge, Arctic Blast, Crystallized Slab plus Ice Comet from the Mage's Guild and destro skills). Remove taunt from the destro passive and make it a morph for one of the skills. As an added bonus I'd like to see one race get a +7% bonus to frost damage as a balance to the Dunmer's +7% flame damage - I'd personally like to see Nords reworked to accommodate this but I know some have issues with making Nords viable mages.

Not sure I would call it a crowd, just a few overly vocal whiners on the forum. Nobody gave two craps about being an ice mage until frost staves were changed.

I'm fine with some of the ice skills being better for damage, but ultimately its a tanking element now and I don't think zos is going to go back on that change.

There are plenty of people who have been interested in being an ice mage since the beginning, it had nothing to do with the change. You get way too defensive whenever anybody brings up ice mage damage dealers as if someone wants to remove your ability to use an ice staff to tank. Most of us want both to be feasible but you take a "screw you" approach to the subject. The fix that would work IMO is to create a new tanking/support staff with all the current benefits and then some for using ice. Then take the frost damage skills (both active and passive) and frost damage sets (winterborn, ygramor's birthright) that exist in the game today and make them work around the ice destro staff. Then both parties are happy (at least those of us who enjoy both tanking and damage dealing and actually consider ice their favorite element).

Because most suggestions to "make frost dps great again" (not that it ever was) involve removing the heavy attack taunt, which I find rather useful. They also tend to suggest making one of the destruction staff abilities the taunt instead, which further clutters tank bar space and now costs resources to do something that was free before. No suggestion for frost DPS has come up that doesnt inadvertently nerf frost tanks.

If you want to dps as frost, fine, dps as frost, just drop trifocus and understand that you'll never meet fire or lightning levels of dps. That's just how it is.

I think that was a great demonstration of "getting way too defensive". If the frost heavy is your only taunt then you are taunting very slowly, doing nothing to debuff enemies, and are unable to taunt while blocking. All the decent tanks I know would much rather have the taunt attached to a skill then a slow-charging heavy attack. And if you are so opposed to having any Destro skills on your bar then why even bother using the staff? You may as well tank with a bow or greatsword if you are going to ignore the entire skill line.

Never said it was my only taunt, but a free ranged taunt that gives you a damage shield and restores magicka is not something I want to give up, its borderline op as is.

Also, I run blockade like every other tank with a back bar staff, that doesn't mean I have tons of bar space to sacrifice for another taunt ability.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »
    Stam Wardens are in a good place. Capable of chasing 50k solo parse. Mag Wardens though are not nearly as well off. I think a buff tie a dot is what is needed. Not sure how, Winter's Revenge is already strong, same with swarm. I like the idea of a skill like Engulfing would buff Frost. Probably a pipe dream. Still they need something that can add 10k DPS.

What gear? Mundus? 6M? Can that person with the same gear get more on another class?

I am not said person, best I’ve done is 22k on any class, now I skins because I can tank. Either way... what I said is because of the below. I see Kraghs and the Bern makes me think its the War Machine build, however Slayer buffs are not listed. I am on consol though. It is a 3M dummy. Even if it is a Target dummy build though, its respectable and Wardens have to suffer a little or people will start crying "pay to win"
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Arobain wrote: »
    wow i really cant believe that responses i'm seeing since

The beetles AOE radius isnt limited to the beetles itself, its also around the player

This ability can not be interrupted because it's an instant cast

it can be extremely easily chained with any other burst ability due to it's actually explosion time

its basically a an extremely large instant cast AOE uppercut, with almost MATCHING damage, but beetles cost less

the stam morph GIVES ALL CAUGHT IN IT major fracture and major breach, and the mag morph stuns one target!

its spammable with all the above mentioned

its hard to dodge, because of the huge AOE radius on each beetle, only easy way to dodge this ability, is by dodging through the player to get behind them when this ability goes off

like i said, i honestly, and truly ( not tryna be jokey ) do not understand, how anyone could tell me they arent overpowered, ( i'm not talking about wardens in general, just the beetles )seeing how i use them myself, and i notice how powerful they are from my own experience, as well as literally EVERYONE i meet ingame that uses them, themselves, says they are overpowered, even a very experienced cyrodiil small scaler himself, said the beetles were overpowered, while he used them, as well as my own guild member that uses them, and is very experienced, says they are overpowered himself

i made this poll to somewhat gather people that shared my opinion, but for lack of better words, i'm just so surprised to be honest, not only at the reaction i received on this post ( the opposite majority vote i thought i would see )

another thing i really dont understand, is how people say warden sucks? even though its one of the most powerful classes right now, with access to most EVERY major buff, as well as EXCELLENT self healing with the ONLY non cast stamina heal in the game on a class skill line ( not counting vigor ) and people are honestly saying that the class is underpowered? i really dont understand, my BEST character is a mag warden, and has never had any issue doing any content so far

i very rarely post on these forums, but i just feel like..... nevermind, nobody cares anyways

Wow seriously? The best DPS test I've heard of from a Warden is 35k mag 38k stamina, Every other class breaks 40k, with some chasing 50k all self buffed.
    They are hands down the undisputed worst PvE DPS class.
    Yes Shalks are strong, but they are also clunky. They take 3s to go off, so you have to be planning ahead. They go off in the direction you're pointed, not the direction you're looking, which is a pretty big issue for any gamepad users.
    Wardens have exactly 4 DPS skills in any tree, Beetles, Birds, Bees, and Winters Revenge. So for the class to have any chance all , all 4 have to hit hard.
    I have no idea how you could claim its one of the most powerful classes? Do you only do solo PvE content? cause thats the only place their "Jack-of-all, master-of-none" is powerful.
    People most certainly do care, they care about the whole picture. Which when point out only seems to have opened the QQ gate.

50k self-buffed????

1433455131821.png

Only I´ve seen 50k+ is warmachine stamblade......

Self buffed ezWYzwv.png

It would appear Stamden are in a better place then I understood. Have a Magden parse? Not even War Machine it would seem very couriows about the build. However I do see Sub is 12% of the DPS coming in behind Endless Hail. Yet the OP wants to nerf a struggling class (even if you aint struggle on it.)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/393276/are-warden-beetles-overperforming-overpowered#latest
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is what happens when ZOS tries to make a class good at healing, tanking and DPS.
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • JobooAGS
      JobooAGS
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Stam Wardens are in a good place. Capable of chasing 50k solo parse. Mag Wardens though are not nearly as well off. I think a buff tie a dot is what is needed. Not sure how, Winter's Revenge is already strong, same with swarm. I like the idea of a skill like Engulfing would buff Frost. Probably a pipe dream. Still they need something that can add 10k DPS.

What gear? Mundus? 6M? Can that person with the same gear get more on another class?

I am not said person, best I’ve done is 22k on any class, now I skins because I can tank. Either way... what I said is because of the below. I see Kraghs and the Bern makes me think its the War Machine build, however Slayer buffs are not listed. I am on consol though. It is a 3M dummy. Even if it is a Target dummy build though, its respectable and Wardens have to suffer a little or people will start crying "pay to win"

The beetles AOE radius isnt limited to the beetles itself, its also around the player

it can be extremely easily chained with any other burst ability due to it's actually explosion time

its basically a an extremely large instant cast AOE uppercut, with almost MATCHING damage, but beetles cost less

the stam morph GIVES ALL CAUGHT IN IT major fracture and major breach, and the mag morph stuns one target!

its hard to dodge, because of the huge AOE radius on each beetle, only easy way to dodge this ability, is by dodging through the player to get behind them when this ability goes off

like i said, i honestly, and truly ( not tryna be jokey ) do not understand, how anyone could tell me they arent overpowered, ( i'm not talking about wardens in general, just the beetles )seeing how i use them myself, and i notice how powerful they are from my own experience, as well as literally EVERYONE i meet ingame that uses them, themselves, says they are overpowered, even a very experienced cyrodiil small scaler himself, said the beetles were overpowered, while he used them, as well as my own guild member that uses them, and is very experienced, says they are overpowered himself

i made this poll to somewhat gather people that shared my opinion, but for lack of better words, i'm just so surprised to be honest, not only at the reaction i received on this post ( the opposite majority vote i thought i would see )

another thing i really dont understand, is how people say warden sucks? even though its one of the most powerful classes right now, with access to most EVERY major buff, as well as EXCELLENT self healing with the ONLY non cast stamina heal in the game on a class skill line ( not counting vigor ) and people are honestly saying that the class is underpowered? i really dont understand, my BEST character is a mag warden, and has never had any issue doing any content so far

i very rarely post on these forums, but i just feel like..... nevermind, nobody cares anyways

Wow seriously? The best DPS test I've heard of from a Warden is 35k mag 38k stamina, Every other class breaks 40k, with some chasing 50k all self buffed.
      Yes Shalks are strong, but they are also clunky. They take 3s to go off, so you have to be planning ahead. They go off in the direction you're pointed, not the direction you're looking, which is a pretty big issue for any gamepad users.
      Wardens have exactly 4 DPS skills in any tree, Beetles, Birds, Bees, and Winters Revenge. So for the class to have any chance all , all 4 have to hit hard.
      I have no idea how you could claim its one of the most powerful classes? Do you only do solo PvE content? cause thats the only place their "Jack-of-all, master-of-none" is powerful.
      People most certainly do care, they care about the whole picture. Which when point out only seems to have opened the QQ gate.

50k self-buffed????

1433455131821.png

Self buffed ezWYzwv.png

It would appear Stamden are in a better place then I understood. Have a Magden parse? Not even War Machine it would seem very couriows about the build. However I do see Sub is 12% of the DPS coming in behind Endless Hail. Yet the OP wants to nerf a struggling class (even if you aint struggle on it.)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/393276/are-warden-beetles-overperforming-overpowered#latest

How many wardens are in raids, especially dps? If the answer is not compareable to other classes, they are not in a good spot pve wise
    • Maura_Neysa
      Maura_Neysa
      ✭✭✭✭✭

50k self-buffed????

1433455131821.png

Self buffed ezWYzwv.png

How many wardens are in raids, especially dps? If the answer is not compareable to other classes, they are not in a good spot pve wise

More stamina Wardens then Mag DKs and Pay to Win. It will be at least another before they risk Wardens at Stam DK level

Edit: Or Magplar either
      Edited by Maura_Neysa on March 13, 2018 3:25PM
      Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
      Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
      Major
      Warden 2x Bow DPS
      Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
      Others
      PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

• JobooAGS
      JobooAGS
      ✭✭✭✭✭

50k self-buffed????

1433455131821.png

Self buffed ezWYzwv.png

More stamina Wardens then Mag DKs and Pay to Win. It will be at least another before they risk Wardens at Stam DK level

It is already known that mag dk and magplar need lots of help pve wise
    • JobooAGS
      JobooAGS
      ✭✭✭✭✭

50k self-buffed????

1433455131821.png

Self buffed ezWYzwv.png

50k self-buffed????

1433455131821.png

Self buffed ezWYzwv.png

Also, templars and dks have a spot in raids, wardens lose to dks as tanks and to templars for heals.

Edit: not to mention stamplar and stamdk
      Edited by JobooAGS on March 13, 2018 3:32PM
    • Lynx7386
      Lynx7386
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Here are the changes id like to see:

1. Swarm and morphs.
      Make growing swarm a placed ground aoe that damages all enemies in the area. The swarm gains damage and radius over a 12-15 second duration. Think of it like a placed hurricane effect.
      Make the other morph have greater base damage, and deal up to 300% additional damage to enemies below 50% health. The bear as an execute is interesting but ineffective.

2. Arctic wind and morphs.
      Change arctic wind and the polar wind morph to instantly restore 20-30% of your max health at reduced cost, but no longer heal an ally. This is supposed to be a tank warden's emergency heal.
      Change arctic blast to no longer heal but deal increased damage over a longer duration, and make it damage at 1 second intervals instead of 2 seconds, and damage dealt is based on magicka instead of health.

3. Eternal guardian.
      Remove the animation cast on revive, this morph is currently useless because of that alone.

Those few changes and I'd be happy with my warden.
      PS4 / NA
    • Dubhliam
      Dubhliam
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Solution:
      The Bear!

The Bear pets won't really buff Wardens in PvP, since they are predictable and avoidable, but buffing Bear damage would go a long way to improve Warden PvE DPS.
      >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
    • WrathOfInnos
      WrathOfInnos
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Dubhliam wrote: »
      Solution:
      The Bear!

The Bear pets won't really buff Wardens in PvP, since they are predictable and avoidable, but buffing Bear damage would go a long way to improve Warden PvE DPS.

Please no, Wardens do not need to depend more on their pet to do decent damage.
    • Maura_Neysa
      Maura_Neysa
      ✭✭✭✭✭

50k self-buffed????

1433455131821.png

Self buffed ezWYzwv.png

50k self-buffed????

1433455131821.png

Self buffed ezWYzwv.png

Also, templars and dks have a spot in raids, wardens lose to dks as tanks and to templars for heals.

Wardens are still BiS off tank, will stay that way as long as their self sustain is supirior.
      Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
      Major
      Warden 2x Bow DPS
      Others

• Dubhliam
      Dubhliam
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Dubhliam wrote: »
      Solution:
      The Bear!

Please no, Wardens do not need to depend more on their pet to do decent damage.

Actually, yes they do.

Their other ultimates are still very powerful, as are some non class ultimates that can be slotted.

Double slotting an ultimate goes a long way of preventing Wardens to become even more powerful than they already are in PvP.

And trust me, they WRECK people in PvP.
    • xaraan
      xaraan
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Yes. Definitely in PvE they need some love.

Already have seen a lot of good ideas mentioned on how, from lowering cost of beetles to changing up the way the bear works a little and buffing winters revenge as well.

I also like the idea of making ice as an offensive staff work again. Giving it a different buff than maim, maybe pen or something; and getting rid of the tanking stuff on the staff (move the tanking options to undaunted passives that someone can optionally pick up if they want to tank with ice and then you can have those passives override/alter the existing ones turning it into a defensive weapon (even adding the maim instead of pen to ice proc's for example).

But it's been pretty sad in PvE to feel like my warden is the weakest of my dps and nothing better than second tier at support vs a couple others.
      -- @xaraan --
      nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
      AD • NA • PC
    • Maura_Neysa
      Maura_Neysa
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Here are the changes id like to see:

1. Swarm and morphs.
      Make growing swarm a placed ground aoe that damages all enemies in the area. The swarm gains damage and radius over a 12-15 second duration. Think of it like a placed hurricane effect.
      Make the other morph have greater base damage, and deal up to 300% additional damage to enemies below 50% health. The bear as an execute is interesting but ineffective.

2. Arctic wind and morphs.
      Change arctic wind and the polar wind morph to instantly restore 20-30% of your max health at reduced cost, but no longer heal an ally. This is supposed to be a tank warden's emergency heal.
      Change arctic blast to no longer heal but deal increased damage over a longer duration, and make it damage at 1 second intervals instead of 2 seconds, and damage dealt is based on magicka instead of health.

3. Eternal guardian.
      Remove the animation cast on revive, this morph is currently useless because of that alone.

Those few changes and I'd be happy with my warden.

Absolutely no.
      - Swarm is good wear it is, the more enemies, the more OP it is.
      - Arctic Wind, does not need to be converted into Dragons Blood. It’s an amazing HoT. And if you’ll notice everything about a Warden Tank is more powerful then DK at the cost of nothing is instant.
      - Arctic Blast is frigging amazing on a Warden tank, the amount of uptime of Chilled and Deep Freeze because of this skill, makes it one of the best Warden tanking skills. Doesn’t matter whether you have 20k health or 40k health it still hits like a metled icicle.
      - Bear, what ever. Makes it the same as the Stam Bear. The only difference between the two morphs is magic damage vs physical
      Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
      Major
      Warden 2x Bow DPS
      Others

• Lynx7386
      Lynx7386
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you serious right now? Growing swarm require a a target to die in order to spread. In any aoe situation, nearly everything dies at the same time, making the spread useless. Also, as far as I can tell, they only spread once, not continually.

PS4 / NA
    • Maura_Neysa
      Maura_Neysa
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you serious right now? Growing swarm require a a target to die in order to spread. In any aoe situation, nearly everything dies at the same time, making the spread useless. Also, as far as I can tell, they only spread once, not continually.

Swarm requires 10 seconds to pass, that’s it. Put it on 3 and 10 seoconds later it’s on 18

Gawd it gets so old people QQing when they don’t even know a class.
      Edited by Maura_Neysa on March 13, 2018 4:13PM
      Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
      Major
      Warden 2x Bow DPS
      Others

• Lynx7386
      Lynx7386
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Swarm requires 10 seconds to pass, that’s it. Put it on 3 and 10 seoconds later it’s on 18

First off, I've never been in any situation in pve with more than a doze enemies at once (excluding skyreach), and 90% of aoe fights in dungeons are over with in the duration of a single elemental blockade.

So either you're pushing it for PvP, which is ridiculous because it will always get instantly cleansed in a zerg, or you're trying to protect some obscure skyreach farming build at the cost of holding the entire ability back for everyone else.

So who is it that doesn't understand the class here?
      PS4 / NA
    • JobooAGS
      JobooAGS
      ✭✭✭✭✭

50k self-buffed????

1433455131821.png

Self buffed ezWYzwv.png

50k self-buffed????

1433455131821.png

Self buffed ezWYzwv.png

Wardens are still BiS off tank, will stay that way as long as their self sustain is supirior.

Never heard of a warden off tank being bis, I thought it was still dk wit warden 2nd due to earthen heart passives, you got a build? Im curious.
    • Dubhliam
      Dubhliam
      ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Serjustin19
      Serjustin19
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I fear the Warden, will be nerfed. Within the Next 3 Months, due to the; 2ND Chapter of ESO.
      Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
    • Zardayne
      Zardayne
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      For the love of God buff insect swarm. I keep saying that the growing swarm morph should work like a placed hurricane effect:

growing swarm
      A cloud of insects plague the area dealing magic damage every second for 15 seconds. Every (3-5) seconds the swarm grows, gaining increased size and damage.

You place it at a target location like winters revenge or ash cloud, and it grows over time dealing aoe damage. That would be a huge buff to pve wardens without really having any effect on PvP.

The other morph for insect swarm should be made into a stamina morph and deal greater single target damage.

Beyond that:

-polar wind/arctic blast are terrible. Wardens have better heals for every role in the green balance tree. Arctic wind and it's morphs should be made into more powerful damage skills. Imo arctic wind and polar wind should be single target damage and damage over time, while arctic blast should be an aoe centered on the caster so as to be more useful for tanking.

-winters revenge could use a damage boost.

-the bear needs to be buffed, both versions but especially eternal guardian so it doesn't interfere with the owners casting.

Exactly. Buff swarm and bear
    • WrathOfInnos
      WrathOfInnos
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

L2DPS. No trash survives more than 10s. For bosses that are alive more than that, growing swarm does nothing. Even if there are adds, they rarely stay alive long enough for the swarm to spread to them. The other morph is pretty weak, but still a much better option than growing swarm.

Now if it worked more like Templar's Reflective Light it could be interesting, going to 3 targets immediately.

• Oreyn_Bearclaw
      Oreyn_Bearclaw
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      yeah, the problem is finding ways to buff the warden in pve which doesnt make it exploitable in pvp...but i think the bird is dodgeable or blockable now? So maybe it isn't such an issue anymore? But i dont think playing the warden as a DD doesn't make much sense to be honest...works well as Tank and Healer tough.

What would be nice is if for example the bear ultimate was turned into an AOE cleave skill or give him some AOE capabilities...

for example Ultimate deals X damage in a cone area in front of the bear + applies minor fracture to all enemies hit (THE DREAM)

It's actually a junk class in PvP since the cliff racer nerfs. There is literally no excuse anymore to not buff their PvE performance. There never was an excuse since wardens always laked DoT damage, which is mostly useless in PvP (especially on a *** AOE skill like winter's revenge which a human player can just walk out of).

LMAO. Come on, that isnt even close to a true statement. You start by blaming the fundamental design of a new class on "PVP whiners" ignoring that this class basically came out this way, and then make blanket statements about PVP that simply arent true. It would be another story if warden launched as a competative PVE class, but PVP nerfs caused that to change, but it didn't happen that way. It's clear you have a PVE bias (something I am usually guilty of myself), but comments like this dont help the discussion or do anything to promote the health of the game.

Warden absolutely needs some help in the PVE DPS side of things, but so do templars, DKS, and magic Sorcs for that matter. The sustained DPS of wardens is actually wildly understated. There is a gap, but its closer than people let on. All that said, this has to be done with care because contrary to your wildly inaccurate statement, wardens are arguably the most powerful class in cyrodiil. The cliff racer nerf was appropriate, but did almost nothing to nerf good players (good players dont spam birds). It fixed an annoyance, nothing more.
    • Lynx7386
      Lynx7386
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Stamina wardens are one of the most powerful classes in cyrodiil...

When they have an ultimate up and are able to like up a heavy or wrecking blow with sub assault and dawnbreaker all at the same time.

Highly conditional op-ness if you ask me.
      PS4 / NA
    • Tonturri
      Tonturri
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Increase the damage of that frost aoe wardens have

Make one morph of the lotus ability give both weapon and spell crit (I don't know why they're separated into two morphs, there's no point) then have the free morph add extra damage to light/heavies or something like that, but no heal?

Change One of the fetcherfly morphs into a stamina ability. For the magicka one, make each light attack against an opponent with the dot on them increase the damage the dot does with successive ticks by x percent, or have it serve as a unique debuff- instead of increasing the dot dmg with each light attack taken, it increases incoming damage from all sources. Make it work on all damage except the warden' s own if the previous idea would be too much for PvP or something, or have a reduced effect on warden dmg.

Make the bear attack faster. This increases dps on stationary bosses while not causing issues in PvP because everyone is moving anyway.

Personally, I'd be fine if warden was a support dps. They're already an off tank and (iirc) an 'off' healer with Templars being the 'main'. I don't feel the need for my warden to do super leet dps as long as their support makes up for it by increasing other's damage. It's fine if warden does 10k less dps than other classes currently if we give them some changes to help out in various areas that only results in a 4k dps increase, then they get a debuff that increases other's damage by a percentage to make up for the remainder (And then some).

Can't really speak for stamina wardens, I don't have one at max yet.

Oh! And let us use Nature's Embrace on our bear...this would 100% fix all of warden's problems. Leet dps right here (jk but we could do it during PTS and it was removed - would love to be able to do this again)
    • MLGProPlayer
      MLGProPlayer
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Sinolai wrote: »
      Imo, people concentrate too much on a solo single target dps. I think AoE Major Defile and Major Fracture compensate for that lack of single target DPS. Though, even with this argument its hard to convince people that 20-25k DPS on stamden is enough for trials :/

It is enough but who would bring a warden into a raid when they could just take their old sorc and deal 10K more dps and have the best survivality in game or MagBlade and do 15K more DPS and heal the group while doing so. This is a problem especially on end game raid guilds that try to minmax their team setup, Wardens are not welcome as DDs. Defile has no purpose on PvE and the fracture is already coming from tank and stamDKs. Those are nice for solo play but they are unnecessary for team content.

It's a problem for progression groups too.

Parsing 35k or higher on a warden without BiS gear and a perfect rotation is VERY difficult, which is often the requirement to join most progression guilds. A NB or Sorc can easily hit 35k with just Julianos + Willpower and a sloppy rotation.

The low DPS hurts new players as much as it does veteran ones.
    • MLGProPlayer
      MLGProPlayer
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ecru wrote: »
      ecru wrote: »
      maybe give the bear an aoe dot (but make it a bleed) similar to dawnbreaker....give the bird minor fracture...make one of the netch flyes a stamina dot and give them back the physical damage passive

for magicka maybe make more skilld do frost damage to allow for more synergy there

The biggest buff the bear needs is to not have a summon animation.

The animation currently takes 2 seconds, cannot be cancelled, and interrupts YOU every time the bear dies and automatically re-spawns.

During boss battles with AOE, the bear is dying every few seconds, so you are literally being interrupted to re-summon every few seconds too. The design of this skill is beyond awful.

Every other game solved this problem by making pets immune to aoe damage and I don't see why zos won't implement the same thing. If you build a class around a pet, the pet needs to be just as durable as you are.

lol no

Making pets immune to damage "just because I says so" is a *** poor attitude lol

Pets don't get to ignore ingame mechanics here. And zos has already started going to lengths to improve pets I.E. The recent changes making pets have your active buffs, allowing them to scale off of your max resource for damage.

There were a couple other tweaks. But the warden's pet is fine. Their AI path needs work is all

haha what. a pet is just another skill, it's no different than any other skill or combination of skills besides it's appearance as a pet. just because it looks different doesn't mean it shouldn't be viable in trials.

there is a very good reason pets can stand in red in other games.

Pets give the highest parses in trials so what are you complaining about?

LOL

Have you ever played the warden (or even watched a DPS parse video, like the one I linked in this thread)? Of course you haven't, or you wouldn't make such an obviously inaccurate statement.
      Edited by MLGProPlayer on March 13, 2018 8:06PM
    • MLGProPlayer
      MLGProPlayer
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Turelus wrote: »
      Rather than "buffed" I prefer the term balanced.

It's clearly lacking in some areas and over performing in others, so take a pass and get things more towards the middle.

It's not really overperforming anywhere since the cliff racer nerfs.
    • MLGProPlayer
      MLGProPlayer
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

50k self-buffed????

1433455131821.png

Self buffed ezWYzwv.png

Most weeks it's zero wardens of any kind in the top-100 trial leader boards. Some weeks you'll see 1-2. It's embarrassing.
      Edited by MLGProPlayer on March 13, 2018 8:08PM
    • Knowledge
      Knowledge
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Warden should be much stronger and more competitive. It seems so pointless.