Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Should the Warden be buffed?

• red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    method__01 wrote: »
    pre-ordered Morrowind last February iirc was very excited about magwarden class and it performed very well during last summer...after 7 months no1 use them at pve/pvp except newbies who start new toon, class nerfed to ground and now i use mine as mules and crafting writs toons
    disappointment

That is not true. I run a Mag Warden in 7L + 1H in PvP. It's probably the best group class there is. Great healing, good sustain, good damage (when paired with the right sets), free self purge spammable, and a good AOE Ultimate that also protects your allies, so you are a tank, DPS and a healer in one. In PvE I run identical set up as a healer and it works great. The problem is that Warden is a jack of all trades, master of none. It's really hard to build warden around one role. It definitely needs a damage buff or a few skills reworked, so that they are more useful. It's a strange class, which will only see nerfs coming at it in the upcoming months.

How much you wanna bet that blue betty will have it's purge effect removed soon and that the ice ulti will either get cut in half or loose the buffs (or both?).
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I ran my magden through the undaunted pledges last night. While it produced "acceptable" DPS for 4-man content (for which you don't need stellar dps anyway), it was definitely lackluster compared to my other toons.

Magden pve dps CERTAINLY needs a buff. The DOTs need to hit harder and the spammable needs work.
  • Panomania
    Panomania
    ✭✭✭✭
    Their survivability is junk since there is no room for survival skills in their rotation. Warden doesn't have any offensive survival skills (like Rune Focus or Ritual of Retribution, for example).

As someone else pointed out...stop playing the warden like other class metas. It wont work. Survivability and healing ability is great on mag warden built to heal. There isnt an encounter in the game a magden healer cant excel at, same for warden tank.

The opinions of others should always be heard, especially if they dont agree with your own! But you always reserve the right to laugh at them.