The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What is the MOST OP thing right now?

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthgore
    geonsocal wrote: »
    hmmmm, trying now to figure out how I can combine as many of the poll choices as possible into a single build...

unfortunately, stamden is the class that probably synergizes the worst with earthgore (b/c of self healing in class) and zaan (b/c no class CC)

but as a stamden (#1 OP) you can still technically wear earthgore (#3 OP), use resource poisons (#4 OP), and snipe spam (#7 OP) while wearing Durok's (#9 OP)

but youd probably be better off as a stamblade (#2 OP) running resource poisons (#4 OP), Zaan's (#5 OP), snipe spam (#7 OP), and Durok's (#9 OP)... actually that doesn't sound like a bad build other than the duroks and snipe spam being together thing.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthgore
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Hilarious that people have picked shield stacking. Seriously now, get gud.

None have commented in the thread to own their choice either :)

oh hey, it's a sorc :)

not saying youre wrong, just saying that i can guess your main pretty easily by that comment ;)
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Earthgore
    Zaan atleast only single target. Earthgore is quite a big aoe.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam Warden
    Sure am, but regardless most good players will agree. Sorcs are not in a great place right now and anyone Claiming shield stacking is the number one problem right now needs to get gud.

Even if a sorc can sustain a triple stack they sure as hell aren't killing you too. If you can't out sustain active defence and CC then you got issues....

If it was 2015 id agree :)
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthgore
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Sure am, but regardless most good players will agree. Sorcs are not in a great place right now and anyone Claiming shield stacking is the number one problem right now needs to get gud.

Even if a sorc can sustain a triple stack they sure as hell aren't killing you too. If you can't out sustain active defence and CC then you got issues....

If it was 2015 id agree :)

Yeah man i agree. Sorcs are in an auxiliary group spot at best ATM. Only redeeming quality is vicious death on sorc execute now that AOE caps are gone. I actually just dusted my mag sorc off yesterday... it had been shelved since amberplasm/necropotence was a thing.

• Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep getting whispers saying WW is OP...

Where's the WW option?

:trollface:

Shhh, the majority don´t know how to play them yet ;)
    Edited by Qbiken on March 2, 2018 8:59AM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthgore
    I'm still kinda blown away that stamden is considered more OP than stamblade.

I think it's because there are too many bad players playing stamblade because it's "muh class" whereas stamden only has people playing it because it's strong.

But all the bad stamblades dilute the perception of strength of the stamblade class

I counted earlier today. In Legends - a large dueling / pvp guild on PC NA... there were 30 nightblades on and 7 wardens.

If stamden was really more OP than stamblade, I dont think there would be so many nightblades out there.

don't get me wrong - stamden is #2 on the most OP list... but how people voted in this poll, compared to what they actually play, does not line up.

Or actually it does... since if about half of PvPers are nightblades, they probably wouldn't vote for themselves ;p

• Mattoxx96
    Mattoxx96
    ✭✭
    Stam Warden
    Stamina warden. Cancer class.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    I'm still kinda blown away that stamden is considered more OP than stamblade.

I think it's because there are too many bad players playing stamblade because it's "muh class" whereas stamden only has people playing it because it's strong.

But all the bad stamblades dilute the perception of strength of the stamblade class

I counted earlier today. In Legends - a large dueling / pvp guild on PC NA... there were 30 nightblades on and 7 wardens.

If stamden was really more OP than stamblade, I dont think there would be so many nightblades out there.

don't get me wrong - stamden is #2 on the most OP list... but how people voted in this poll, compared to what they actually play, does not line up.

Or actually it does... since if about half of PvPers are nightblades, they probably wouldn't vote for themselves ;p

I agree with this statement. Though even 7 wardens is too much when you main a Templar lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For PvP, in general.. MagDK, ha ha. No need for nerfing or roughing up MagDK, however. I like playing it, but hate going up against one.. or two.
    Edited by GreenhaloX on March 2, 2018 1:36PM
  • Purdomination33
    Purdomination33
    ✭✭✭
    Healing. Period.
    Mediocre AD StamDK.
    BiS wine drinker.
    Award winning dog owner.
    Disappointing husband.
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shield Stacking
    Cause there's not enough nerf sorc stuff today
    Edited by RebornV3x on March 2, 2018 2:41PM
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • callen4492
    callen4492
    ✭✭✭
    Earthgore
    Wow I am surprised to see Stam wardens in first place right now.

I don’t disagree, but I’m curious... if Stam wardens are so OP, why don’t we see more of them?

I agree with this. Specifically, I wonder why people complain so much about stam wardens but not nightblades. I looked at my guild rosters and among the people in Cyrodiil, I counted the number of nightblades and Wardens. About half of them were nightblades, yet there were very few wardens. I would assume most of those players were eso plus members since they were in prominent trading guilds.

Before you say that's only because it's open-world cyrodiil where nightblades excel the most hence the amount of people who play them, let me tell you that I played a BG yesterday and 7 of the 11 players were nightblades. That's uncommon but they're still the most common character in BG in my experience.

I think stamblades and stamdens are comparable in their capabilities and strength (if nightblades aren't significantly stronger especially with the bird nerf) but people show much more partiality towards nightblades because they have always been in the game and people are more used to them. Meanwhile, wardens are newer and you have to pay to use them, so people give them so much hate. I personally hate nightblades much more than stamdens. By the way, I barely ever play on my stamden because I'm much better at other classes.

EARTHGORE IS MOST OP!
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stam Warden
    either stam warden's shimmering shield or resource poisons. (I have a pvp stam warden)
    Edited by Mazbt on March 2, 2018 5:26PM
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Earthgore
    callen4492 wrote: »

I don’t disagree, but I’m curious... if Stam wardens are so OP, why don’t we see more of them?

I agree with this. Specifically, I wonder why people complain so much about stam wardens but not nightblades. I looked at my guild rosters and among the people in Cyrodiil, I counted the number of nightblades and Wardens. About half of them were nightblades, yet there were very few wardens. I would assume most of those players were eso plus members since they were in prominent trading guilds.

Before you say that's only because it's open-world cyrodiil where nightblades excel the most hence the amount of people who play them, let me tell you that I played a BG yesterday and 7 of the 11 players were nightblades. That's uncommon but they're still the most common character in BG in my experience.

I think stamblades and stamdens are comparable in their capabilities and strength (if nightblades aren't significantly stronger especially with the bird nerf) but people show much more partiality towards nightblades because they have always been in the game and people are more used to them. Meanwhile, wardens are newer and you have to pay to use them, so people give them so much hate. I personally hate nightblades much more than stamdens. By the way, I barely ever play on my stamden because I'm much better at other classes.

EARTHGORE IS MOST OP!

Stamens were best last patch, bird killing roll builds easy and 7th being OP.

Nbs are now bis because defile meta, less birds, less heavy.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthgore
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    callen4492 wrote: »

EARTHGORE IS MOST OP!

Stamens were best last patch, bird killing roll builds easy and 7th being OP.

Nbs are now bis because defile meta, less birds, less heavy.

Mag DKs used to eat nightblades for breakfast. Then whip and embers became dodgeable and whip proc went on a cool down..

Nightblades whined about soul assault, so soul assault got nerfed

Miat’s is also gone.

Oh and sorcs are neutered too - cfrag no longer having a stun was a HUGE buff for nightblades

Nightblades have no natural predators now

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Earthgore
    Oh and sorcs are neutered too - cfrag no longer having a stun was a HUGE buff for nightblades

Lets be honest, mag sorcs weren’t killing good stamblades without using the DBoS or streak undodgeable CC anyway.

Thankfully(lol) the Nightblade is it’s own natural predator. Just reroll mageblade, slot mark, use zaan, have 26k HP so you can’t get 1 banged, kill all of the stamblades.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on March 2, 2018 6:35PM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthgore
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

Lets be honest, mag sorcs weren’t killing good stamblades without using the DBoS or streak undodgeable CC anyway.

Thankfully(lol) the Nightblade is it’s own natural predator. Just reroll mageblade, slot mark, use zaan, have 26k HP so you can’t get 1 banged, kill all of the stamblades.

This line of thinking is why I made a stamden. I don’t know if I have it in me to roll another toon though.

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snipe Spam
    geonsocal wrote: »
    hmmmm, trying now to figure out how I can combine as many of the poll choices as possible into a single build...

unfortunately, stamden is the class that probably synergizes the worst with earthgore (b/c of self healing in class) and zaan (b/c no class CC)

but as a stamden (#1 OP) you can still technically wear earthgore (#3 OP), use resource poisons (#4 OP), and snipe spam (#7 OP) while wearing Durok's (#9 OP)

but youd probably be better off as a stamblade (#2 OP) running resource poisons (#4 OP), Zaan's (#5 OP), snipe spam (#7 OP), and Durok's (#9 OP)... actually that doesn't sound like a bad build other than the duroks and snipe spam being together thing.

@Thogard ...once again - thogard with the approved solution :)
    19098775-solution-word-on-green-check-mark-symbol-and-icon-for-approved-design-concept-and-web-graphic-on-white-background.jpg
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stam Warden
    @Thogard I’m sure there are many bad players with biases that skew there judgement. But dont take all input as coming from that line of thinking. I say stamden is the most OP from the POV of playing as one. Simply, no class can take the heat and dish out the pain like a stamden can in the type of gameplay I enjoy (solo/duo/4 man). Its no contest. Stamden can cruise smoothly in situations that would be extremely distressful on any other class.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

Honestly - just slot mark. period. i can't believe more people don't use this one ability. it absolutely destroys nightblades.

and DK's... i guess i'm missing something but they seem to do quite well against NB's. very well. mitigate most damage even when feared...and just reflect/bleed you down.

NB's have that one lethal opening...and it can be vicious.. but if that doesn't work.. i think DK's, templars, sorcs, all of them are capable of handling nb. and mark - wow - that will just destroy an nb.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthgore
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    @Thogard I’m sure there are many bad players with biases that skew there judgement. But dont take all input as coming from that line of thinking. I say stamden is the most OP from the POV of playing as one. Simply, no class can take the heat and dish out the pain like a stamden can in the type of gameplay I enjoy (solo/duo/4 man). Its no contest. Stamden can cruise smoothly in situations that would be extremely distressful on any other class.

duo/4man I agree 100%.

Solo, i don't agree, but i acknowledge that your experience with stamblade is greater than mine.

at present, stamblade is a hard counter to stam warden. Stamden lacks the tools to mitigate nightblade burst. The inability to gap close a stamblade (due to them being invisible) renders beetles useless against good stamblades in most scenarios, and incap in this current defile meta allows stamblades to burst stamden down while simultaneously preventing them from using their best tool - the insane warden heals. Now that birds are roll-dodgeable, I will say with 100% conviction that if I am able to kill a stamblade, it's because they're a bad stamblade. Those fights should be, at worst, a stalemate and reset for the stamblade.

Against ANY other class, I'd say stam warden has an advantage. And in group settings, warden is EXTREMELY OP. There's a reason why our smallman runs as many wardens as we can get our hands on.

But smolscalers like you and me are in the minority. For the zerg surfers, the "1vX'ers" who are actually zerg surfers, and the actual zerglings, nightblades are top dog because it gives them fight discretion.

I'd also venture that nightblades benefit more than any other class due to laggy server conditions.

All in, there's a reason i play stamden over stamblade - stamden is the best class for small scale. It's the second best class for virtually everything else ... but it is weak to stamblades, and these days everyone is a damn stamblade.

The balance decisions do not factor in how important the "fight discretion" - basically the first-strike opportunity that nightblades have - into their balance considerations.

• DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The most OP thing right now are the people crying in the forum for nerfs...
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stam Warden
    Stamnb and magsorc have for a very long time been my go to for solo roaming in PvP, less so magsorc these days because the play style no longer vibes with me. Stamden is locked behind purchasing the entire expansion of Morrowind and still relatively new, stamnb has been around for a while. For many people of all skill sets stamnb in particular by design makes for a compelling choice for solo play, but is by no means the end all be all.

As someone with the luxury to choose between any class in this game, this is apparent to me. For example as soon we start discussing strong group synergy for busting large groups (2-4 vs 10-15+), I have no logical reason to choose my stamnb or magsorc over any other class. If I'm going to form a strong 2-4 man group what is my rage whisper inducing NB going to bring to the table. He is setup for 1vX with big defile and strong damage, but when I'm disengaging with him it only tends to negatively effect my team, as they receive extra pressure. Assuming the larger group we are fighting aren't completely inept, NB starts becoming a liability. This isn't always the case and it largely depends on circumstance, but it's what I've found playing multiple classes.

Why bring my NB when I can can log onto my stamden, who brings aoe fracture, burst and execute damage (with the option for aoe defile and tree ult). Without the need to disengage and stand my ground better, with far more resilience. My stamden is new and acting as a swiss army knife on a faction I have no other toons, because stamden is so easy to put into every situation. I was getting good 1vX with him before I even unlocked vigor, and without undaunted. More commonly I take my stamplar over my stamnb for the synergy he offers small group play (because they are on the same faction).

I prefer to play my stamnb and magsorc alone or in a duo with another of the same class / spec, and I prefer to play my stamplar and other classes in coordinated small groups. That is just what I prefer not what they are limited to, thankfully I play almost every class so I see the game differently now. I'm not advocating for Warden nerfs, but no one can deny how easily forgiving they are to play in practically every situation.
    Edited by OdinForge on March 2, 2018 10:18PM
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stam Warden
    Ugh. Thogard- where's mDK on this list? Oh... wait... :trollface:
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthgore

mDK almost made it! All it was missing was a time machine that would go back two years into the past ;)

• Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stam Warden

mDK almost made it! All it was missing was a time machine that would go back two years into the past ;)

The pain, man. The pain. All we have to do is wait another three to six months for a class balance overhaul. There's no possible way that they could nerf mDKs more... right? :'(
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamblades
    Stamwarden is definitely most OP; but I can at least appreciate being able to see them coming so I can get meh bumhole properly puckered.

Those dirty Nightblades though... Stealth and invisibility will always be among the strongest tools in ESO open world PvP.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthgore
    A big reason stam Wardens are really strong is because ZoS hasn't had 4 years to gut the class and make all it;s abilities stale and generic.

Give it some time. Birds this last patch, Shimmering shield probably next patch, before too long it will be just as boring and frustrating to play as the other 4.