The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What is the MOST OP thing right now?

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Earthgore
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    I'm voting Zaan, can easily do 20k dam, and I'm not a complete bum. If you get Foss or feared as it procs, you done. Also you can be in a fight with someone else and get hit from behind and not notice the zaan, it needs a sound cue or something

As I'm on console I don't see many others using it yet, but in a BG toss up, the first two ticks almost always go unnoticed.

Then the real pain sets in, even if they heal (which is a typical response when you cannot see the beam) those few ticks drop people's health almost to zero in one tick.

I'll definitely be adjusting my build to use Zaan to it's maximum potential

Spinners front bar Duroks back, 28k+ HP and stack sustain?

Honestly that's what I thought too, however I feel like Zaan would be better used with a more classic damage dealer build.

When it procs, and it will very quickly, your opponent Must disengage or die, this gives a more offensive build a great opportunity to not be worried about defense.

Let's say they attack you, you're forced onto your backbar, Zaan proc cuz you weave, they HAVE to disengage, you just punish them because they are in such a bad position.

That is a classic damage build...
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    the crown store
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Destro Ult
    Stam Warden cheese and Destro eye scrubs.

Both need adjustments.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam Warden

Both need adjustments.

If you still die to Eye of the storm in 2018 you really need to work on your build and on your ingame choices.

L2P then come to forum please.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthgore
    Aedaryl wrote: »

Both need adjustments.

If you still die to Eye of the storm in 2018 you really need to work on your build and on your ingame choices.

Well I guess it really depends on how many eye of the storms running simultaneously he dies to.

The other day I got warden teleport-gated into four of those (and then rooted) and died before my FPS went back into the double digits. Wasn’t really a L2P thing, just an organized, larger group working well together.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• rimmidimdim
    rimmidimdim
    ✭✭✭
    Zaan
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    the crown store

Bahahahahaha, ok, I agree, crown store is way more op than even even zaan.
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam Warden
    Do people really consider Poisons to be OP anymore?

I adapted to dealing with those long ago; I have zero concern about them nowadays...

All you gotta do is adjust your build so that you can sustain yourself while Poisoned; having High Defense and high resource return on Resto heavy attacks does the trick for me......
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on March 6, 2018 11:01PM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthgore
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    the crown store

Bahahahahaha, ok, I agree, crown store is way more op than even even zaan.

If I had included that option, it would’ve won by so much that we wouldn’t learn anything about the rest of the poll ;)

I’m already prepping to buy that tsaeci motif. I need that light armor hat.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam Warden
    Thogard wrote: »
    Aedaryl wrote: »

Both need adjustments.

Well I guess it really depends on how many eye of the storms running simultaneously he dies to.

The other day I got warden teleport-gated into four of those (and then rooted) and died before my FPS went back into the double digits. Wasn’t really a L2P thing, just an organized, larger group working well together.

EoTS train are the most obvious thing in the game, you shoudn't be in their path, and if you are in, you can see them push and escape it easely.

The warden port is an other thing, I don't really know how it work, it's invisible for the ennemy ? How much people it can port ?

If a group use coordonate ultimate on you, you will always die, EoTS is the most easiest to survive.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthgore
    Lately I’ve been seeing Mag DKs running EotS and using chains to gap close on to enemies and then rooting them for the rest of the ball to catch up.

• TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam Warden
    I'm voting Zaan, can easily do 20k dam, and I'm not a complete bum. If you get Foss or feared as it procs, you done. Also you can be in a fight with someone else and get hit from behind and not notice the zaan, it needs a sound cue or something

As I'm on console I don't see many others using it yet, but in a BG toss up, the first two ticks almost always go unnoticed.

Then the real pain sets in, even if they heal (which is a typical response when you cannot see the beam) those few ticks drop people's health almost to zero in one tick.

Honestly that's what I thought too, however I feel like Zaan would be better used with a more classic damage dealer build.

When it procs, and it will very quickly, your opponent Must disengage or die, this gives a more offensive build a great opportunity to not be worried about defense.

Let's say they attack you, you're forced onto your backbar, Zaan proc cuz you weave, they HAVE to disengage, you just punish them because they are in such a bad position.

Does your opponent really have to disengage when Zaan procs?

I've straight up overpowered and killed several people who proc'ed Zaan against me with my Purifying Light/Devouring Swarm/Puncturing Sweeps combo...

One opponent even attempted to combo Zaan and Soul Assault and it didn't even matter; he died anyway...

I think Zaan's reputation is causing opponents to panic when they see it and they are not dealing with it properly as a result...
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on March 6, 2018 11:38PM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • rimmidimdim
    rimmidimdim
    ✭✭✭
    Zaan

I've straight up overpowered and killed several people who proc'ed Zaan against me with my Purifying Light/Devouring Swarm/Puncturing Sweeps combo...

One opponent even attempted to combo Zaan and Soul Assault and it didn't even matter; he died anyway...

I think Zaan's reputation is causing opponents to panic when they see it and they are not dealing with it properly as a result...

So the counter to zaan, build an awesome Templar build. Cool, or shite. Can't do that lol. I guess there is a counter to everything, just build for it.

But I will argue that a two piece proc set should not be able to apply 20k plus dam if I'm not that good. Poor or newer players should not deal with that, but that's my opinion. Not a magplars opinion. It needs a dam Nerf or a sound queue. Cheers
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah it usually does (and keep in mind NBs have been a huge majority of the BG player base) and when it procs defensively it means it's within melee range (aka DK or Stam)

But I still think people are learning how to use it. Most people (myself included) think at first Rock + Zaan = win.

Players like @Lexxypwns have suggested mNB and there's no way a player can survive in Zaan when they take an Incap or Merc.

If you're a Templar you can Purge it (which in my limited experience, is the best counter)
    Edited by Waffennacht on March 7, 2018 3:16AM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Durok’s

Yeah it usually does (and keep in mind NBs have been a huge majority of the BG player base) and when it procs defensively it means it's within melee range (aka DK or Stam)

But I still think people are learning how to use it. Most people (myself included) think at first Rock + Zaan = win.

Players like Lexxypwns have suggested mNB and there's no way a player can survive in Zaan when they take an Incap or Merc.

If you're a Templar you can Purge it (which in my limited experience, is the best counter)

I actually have no problem against players with zaan no matter the class when I'm on my shieldstack magblade build. Just roll dodge when zaan procs to dodge possible incap then teleport away.

Also, incap > merciless combo isn't really a thing unless the player is super inexperienced, merciless is super easy to dodge after the incap.

Idk, I have had no problems against zaan lately, it was mostly a matter of adjustment in my case. Only time I actually have problems with zaan is if the player uses duroks on top of it, otherwise it's just another glass cannon build.
  • Nihility42
    Nihility42
    ✭✭✭✭
    Resource poisons

I adapted to dealing with those long ago; I have zero concern about them nowadays...

All you gotta do is adjust your build so that you can sustain yourself while Poisoned; having High Defense and high resource return on Resto heavy attacks does the trick for me......

In no-CP (so BGs now, which is most of what I play) they are really hard to deal with because sustain in no-CP is already so tough. You get hit by a resource poison and it's really hard to sustain long enough to be defensive. Especially with the low TTK in no-CP.
    Edited by Nihility42 on March 7, 2018 8:19PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nihility42 wrote: »

In no-CP (so BGs now, which is most of what I play) they are really hard to deal with because sustain in no-CP is already so tough. You get hit by a resource poison and it's really hard to sustain long enough to be defensive. Especially with the low TTK in no-CP.

Dodge roll and reflects should counter poisons since light attacks are.

I think nCP's survival depends on how free you can get your defense, not how much free DMG you can get.

Spectre eye, miss chance, pirate skeleton, etc.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Earthgore
    Subversus wrote: »

Players like Lexxypwns have suggested mNB and there's no way a player can survive in Zaan when they take an Incap or Merc.

I actually have no problem against players with zaan no matter the class when I'm on my shieldstack magblade build. Just roll dodge when zaan procs to dodge possible incap then teleport away.

Also, incap > merciless combo isn't really a thing unless the player is super inexperienced, merciless is super easy to dodge after the incap.

Idk, I have had no problems against zaan lately, it was mostly a matter of adjustment in my case. Only time I actually have problems with zaan is if the player uses duroks on top of it, otherwise it's just another glass cannon build.

You don’t need to land the will proc, it’s a poison pill. Either they dodge it and get wrecked by zaan, block it and get wrecked by zaan, or just get felt by zaan
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mag nightblade is in a really good place right now. I’m not saying it’s OP. I love playing my mag blade. It’s really the only predator to stamblade, and it is a very hard counter to Stam blade.

Of course ranged mag blade is hard countered by wing DKs, but they do have the advantage picking who,what,when, and where they fight.

I will say though stamblade are very strong against Stam wardens in particular but just overall good open world. Not asking for any nerfs though, I think other classes need brought up a bit.

Mag wardens need a bone thrown their way since they made cliff racer dodgeable, the class has no execute and it’s very hard to land a dive due to the very long delay. Mag warden needs some help in the dps department in both pve and pvp
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mag wardens need a bone thrown their way since they made cliff racer dodgeable, the class has no execute and it’s very hard to land a dive due to the very long delay. Mag warden needs some help in the dps department in both pve and pvp

Who could have POSSIBLY guessed that?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Earthgore
    Mag nightblade is in a really good place right now. I’m not saying it’s OP. I love playing my mag blade. It’s really the only predator to stamblade, and it is a very hard counter to Stam blade.

Of course ranged mag blade is hard countered by wing DKs, but they do have the advantage picking who,what,when, and where they fight.

I will say though stamblade are very strong against Stam wardens in particular but just overall good open world. Not asking for any nerfs though, I think other classes need brought up a bit.

I’ll say it then. Mageblade is king of the castle and everyone else is at our mercy. Even classes with reflects are helpless to deal with the melee mageblade.

Mag warden is literally only better than mag sorc, the cliff racer nerf was needed but they now need a PVE and PVP damage buff. There needs to be a way to punish and the class currently lacks that, even if your eat the Fissure and get CCed it doesn’t matter because there’s no execute.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on March 8, 2018 4:26AM
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, based on the poll you provided I'd probably vote for Stamden but if you ask me, there's nothing really that's 'the most OP thing' in the game right now.

There are overpowered abilities, sets etc. but nothing that really stands out, it's all according to the individual's perspective based on playstyle.

And if there is, and I'm not able to remember it, then it's just not as widespread to be worthwhile remembering.

edit; We're in the era of ESO where everything is watered down. ;)
    Edited by LegendaryMage on March 8, 2018 4:33AM
  • Tetrafy
    Tetrafy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamblades
    A good stamplar.
    Edited by Tetrafy on March 11, 2018 12:38PM
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shield Stacking
    i want to vote more options.

where is cloak on the list? makes 1vX cheese for nightblades

befould at 100 champion points has 15% resource hinder. Some poisy boi has 30% without spending any point anywhere.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • a1i3nz
    a1i3nz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wizards Riposte

Every pugplar wears it. Can't throw a stick at a group without it getting you. Way too many templars running this. Like they don't have enough cheese at their disposal.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The answer to the title question is always "Loading screens".

Loading screens prevent EVERYTHING.
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag sorc
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a1i3nz wrote: »
    Wizards Riposte

Every pugplar wears it. Can't throw a stick at a group without it getting you. Way too many templars running this. Like they don't have enough cheese at their disposal.

As opposed to a DK grabbing everyone in a root that gives the same debuff?

Wizard can be strong, but at least you can move around freely when it procs on you.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Earthgore
    Minno wrote: »
    Wizards Riposte

Wizard can be strong, but at least you can move around freely when it procs on you.

8m ranged costly debuff, vs procs on anyone who crits you. I know which one the healbot sitting in the group spamming BoL, backlash and beam would like.
    Edited by ak_pvp on March 13, 2018 4:55PM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Wizards Riposte

8m ranged costly debuff, vs procs on anyone who crits you. I know which one the healbot sitting in the group spamming BoL, backlash and beam would like.

Then again, if everyone has reposte on, then everyone is fighting with 15% less DMG in 90% of cyro fights. So at that point, what's the issue with reposte? Didn't we all ask for DMG to be toned down in pvp fights? Lol.

Seriously though, on demand battlefield control from one ability > DMG reduction from a 5pc set. I can also get a 10% - 20% chance to proc chilled from frost reach, give the same debuff on one target but don't have to waste my 5pc set, and get the same blocking as SnB.

Reposte isn't all it's out to be, especially if you slot pirate Skelton for 30% DMG reduction from all sources that procs on any DMG on you.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Earthgore
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Wizards Riposte

Then again, if everyone has reposte on, then everyone is fighting with 15% less DMG in 90% of cyro fights. So at that point, what's the issue with reposte? Didn't we all ask for DMG to be toned down in pvp fights? Lol.

Seriously though, on demand battlefield control from one ability > DMG reduction from a 5pc set. I can also get a 10% - 20% chance to proc chilled from frost reach, give the same debuff on one target but don't have to waste my 5pc set, and get the same blocking as SnB.

Reposte isn't all it's out to be, especially if you slot pirate Skelton for 30% DMG reduction from all sources that procs on any DMG on you.

The problem isn't riposte. The problem is maim. Effortlessly debuffing someone, especially if solo is a bit BS. Maim should work for the target only in PvP.

Talons is super debatable in use now too. Extra pressure vs some targets+rootspam is great, especially if you are in a group/duel. But when you drop 4k and it roots one out of 4 people who then rolls, taking your power whip with it, its depressing.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.