The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What is the MOST OP thing right now?

• Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stam Warden
    No blockcasting?
    /thread
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leaning towards Stam Warden/Stam Nightblade...but snares and poisons are a close 2nd
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Well as a stamden main, I’m of the opinion that it’s because stamdens have one weakness - stamblades. Fortunately for most stamden haters, stamblades are literally everywhere and are by far the most played class.

Once stamblades get the nerf they deserve, Stamdens will be truly OP in every facet and will need their own nerf.

Crit rush taking a nerf could have scared a few away, also.

I still see them running around; but see more nightblades/magDKs/stamsorcs these days with some healplars/stamplars/magsorcs/stamDKs sprinkled in.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't say it's any of those things: it's Befoul. Befoul is a powerful offensive CP star that doesn't compete with any other offensive stars for points. What's more, most builds can take care of their sustain needs while easily sparing 33 points for Befoul. If this weren't the case, builds would actually have to give something up to stack into Befoul, meaning there would be a meaningful tradeoff between having strong attacks and potent Defiles. As it is now, you can get both for basically free.

Befoul needs to be moved to one of the blue trees.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stam Warden
    Why wait for stamblades to get adjusted before stamdens get theirs? The Stamden rebalance needs to tone them down in PVP and buffed in PVE.

It's not healthy for the long term health of the game if something's power level is so far ahead of the competition. A lot of people still want to play something else other than a Warden.
    Edited by Skoomah on February 26, 2018 9:08PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For large group play I have to say Earthgore - it heals everyone to full, and with staggered use by multiple players the one drawback (i.e. the cool down) is essentially circumvented, aka 3 earthgores mean 1 every 10ish sec?

In small group play (i.e. BGs) it's Zaan/proc sets, as free damage at levels equal to a damage spec's ult is pretty OP

Those are the only things I consider "OP" ATM. Resource poisons are knocking on the door too.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Vermintide
    Vermintide
    ✭✭✭✭
    Resource poisons
    Cost poisons, and proc sets in general TBH. Both of these are symptomatic of the power creep in CP PVP. You need all this over the top power to kill people with 4 billion resistance and infinite sustain.

The thing with proc sets is that honestly, I don't like the way they play, so I don't use them- I don't like revolving my entire playstyle around an RNG proc. But objectively, on paper, mathematically, you are at a disadvantage for not using one. It's "free" damage outside of your GCD and outside of your resource usage. That's a huge deciding factor in who has the upper hand in a fight. Even if they are easily countered, it's extra pressure that a non-user won't have access to.

Zaan is not as ridiculously OP as people seem to have been worried about, but the same applies really. I entirely cheesed some fights where I was using it. Other times I couldn't get it to proc at all and I got stomped. C'est la vie.

Just imagine a no-CP no-proc set battlegrounds/Cyro campaign.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    I wouldn't say it's any of those things: it's Befoul. Befoul is a powerful offensive CP star that doesn't compete with any other offensive stars for points. What's more, most builds can take care of their sustain needs while easily sparing 33 points for Befoul. If this weren't the case, builds would actually have to give something up to stack into Befoul, meaning there would be a meaningful tradeoff between having strong attacks and potent Defiles. As it is now, you can get both for basically free.

Befoul needs to be moved to one of the blue trees.

Should swap blessed with befoul, and then staff expert with befoul.

This way befoul competes with master of arms/dmg increase, DD mag toons get staff on their own tree (given that stamina have thaumaturge), and blessed competes with stamina reduction+it's own terrible scaling pulling points away from break free/block/dodge/resource dumps.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthgore
    Followed close behind by easy to apply Defile + ridiculous CP scaling.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Earthgore
    MagDK obviously. Why else would the be nerfed so much?
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamblades
    stamblades
    Bleed builds..

Stamblades using bleed builds..

Stamsorcs with infinite stamina and again, bleeds too because why not?...

Stam wardens with *** aoe burst...

zaan,earthgore, and befoul are also cancer mechanics leading to *** gameplay.

Obviously this is from the perspective of a stamDK, so everything can be considered OP, but I just listed what seemed especiallly broken to me.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on February 26, 2018 11:15PM
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthgore
    Lol Stamwarden is the least of the worries when Earthgore running glass cannons can just live through your burst combo. Stamwarden should be placed as the least of the worries and here we are, it apparently is much more OP than Earthgore.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • RighteousBacon
    RighteousBacon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stam Warden
    Thogard wrote: »
    Wow I am surprised to see Stam wardens in first place right now.

I don’t disagree, but I’m curious... if Stam wardens are so OP, why don’t we see more of them?

Cuz no one wants to spend any more real money on this game for pvp reasons. We aren’t loved enough by the devs as it is. Why would we pay them to love us even less
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamblades
    Lol Stamwarden is the least of the worries when Earthgore running glass cannons can just live through your burst combo. Stamwarden should be placed as the least of the worries and here we are, it apparently is much more OP than Earthgore.

Oh please, amuse me a bit more with your total non sense.

''stamden is fine because earthgore exists and is more broken''

and what happens when people use it on a stamden?

Edited by Ragnarock41 on February 26, 2018 11:32PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They suck into themselves, collapsing upon their own weight, creating dwarf stars
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [PVP] - Stacked VIGOR w/ Vitality Pots is one of the most powerful things in the game. Get 2 Stam players in and out of close proximity and unless you have mass defile they are near unkillable. And if one is a Stamplar with ground AOE cleans w, 4 or more Stam buddies forgettaboutit.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Resource poisons
    Not being able to see the poll results without voting.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthgore

Quite an uncalled for hostility there.

Not a nonsense if earthgore prolongs the fight forever especially in XvX. Organized group vs organized group nowadays comes down to who got more earthgore more often than not. Stamden has nothing on it. Stamden usually runs bloodspawn or other offensive monster set. Good luck trying to time your burst with stamden, DBoS will provide them earthgore runners nice heals that undo all the damage you've done and proceed to eat you alive with their skills. Remember, this game's pvp is supposed to be balanced around XvX. And in that scope, stamden has nothing on earthgore. Also, stamden's burst is usually fairly avoidable with cc at the right time.
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on February 27, 2018 3:00AM
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam Warden
    Skoomah wrote: »
    Stamina Wardens are the most OP thing in the game. ZOS took the best elements and buffs from each class and created the Warden. DK sustain and tankiness, Templar healing, Nightblade burst, Sorceror speed. They can range and melee dps. Single target and aoe heal. They can buff an entire group. They have every thing you would want in your kit.

It wouldn't be so bad if the other classes weren't gutted in exchange for the Warden. Leaves a bad taste in your mouth when you feel like you have to make a new toon because Wardens power gap is so big.

Well said...

I too feel that Stam Wardens are the most OP thing in the game at current as they are too good at too many things...

Excellent burst, excellent defensive ability, excellent mobility, excellent AoE; its like they are the King of All Trades...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Earthgore
    Never thought stamden was that OP. Maybe FOTM, but not that OP. Undodgabirb maybe, but the rest of the toolkit is decently counterable. Well, maybe shield is a bit too cheap, but fine in principle.
    Best houseknight EU.
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam Warden
    Cronopoly wrote: »
    [PVP] - Stacked VIGOR w/ Vitality Pots is one of the most powerful things in the game. Get 2 Stam players in and out of close proximity and unless you have mass defile they are near unkillable. And if one is a Stamplar with ground AOE cleans w, 4 or more Stam buddies forgettaboutit.

That's when you assemble a Ball Group and AoE the living hell out of them...

:trollface:
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthgore
    Cronopoly wrote: »

That's when you assemble a Ball Group and AoE the living hell out of them...

:trollface:

And that's when Earthgore proc eats any of AoE, rendering your AoEs ineffective. Have seen numerous times where dedicated bombblades in ball groups unable to kill other ball group because of Earthgore. Ballgroup of stamdens are the least of the worries because those groups get eaten alive by destrogore ball groups after they waste their dbos and shalks.
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam Warden
    I answered Stamwarden because that bugs/dizzyswing/dawnbreaker *** is getting old. And Dawnbreaker in general is such an overused skill in the game, other class specific ults should be reworked to fit into the stamina playstyle more. Because as it stands there is no reason to run anything else other than DB on stam classes except Take Flight on DKs and Incap on Stamblades.

But really the thing that pisses me the most when fighting large groups is the rapids spam. What is the point of CC if one person can get rid of everyones snares and immos with just one cast?

Edited by gabriebe on February 27, 2018 10:23AM
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    caluurion, zaan, durok magblade is the future.

that being said i find the sneak system (and as a symptom of sneak being broken - NBs and snipe builds too) to be the main factor of unenjoyable gameplay when not zerging.

This! The sneak and the stealth part is the major issue right now.
    Because I can!
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthgore
    30% on stamwarden LOL
    no idea what you are talking about?
    my stamwarden doesn´t bring the DPS that my stammage brings
    nor the dmg my stamNBs bring

that said, I state that my Stammage is doing more dmg, then ever before ;)
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Earthgore
    Azurya wrote: »
    30% on stamwarden LOL
    no idea what you are talking about?
    my stamwarden doesn´t bring the DPS that my stammage brings
    nor the dmg my stamNBs bring

that said, I state that my Stammage is doing more dmg, then ever before ;)

PvP oriented. DPS doesn't matter and stamden has high AoE burst. Probably the best for all around burst since its unblockable and AoE. Also debuffs.

That said now only one thing I would consider OP in warden now.
    Edited by ak_pvp on February 27, 2018 10:24AM
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Resource poisons
    Since I only PvP in no-CP BGs, I find resource & cowardice poisons an absolute disease.

Durok in BGs is not so prevalent now, because the sustain sacrifice is quite big in a no-CP, resource poison meta. It was far more prevalent last patch for me. Earthgore not so bad either for the same reason. You can push kills a lot harder/quicker, you can even kill Templars in Remembrance Ult.

Also @Thogard, where's Shield Breaker option? Because as far as cancers go, the Sniper-come-Light Attack spammer in Shield Breaker is one of the very aggressive ones.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Tarrocan
    Tarrocan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Earthgore
    I miss the dodge roll as a option too:(
    AD MagDK 'General Degree <-Main
    AD MagDK 'Kiana
    AD MagDK Kiana The Fire Mage
    AD MagDK General Degree
    AD MagDK 'Tarrocan
    AD StamDK Tarrocan
    AD MagNB GrimKiller
    AD MagCro Som Ting Wong
    AD StamCro 'Som Ting Wong
    AD MagPlar Della Grant
    AD StamPlar R I M M A
    AD MagSorc Nautilus
    AD StamSorc R O M M I
    AD StamNB Iba
    AD MagDen Desi Roots
    AD StamDen Diablo
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stam Warden
    A very close tie between Stam Warden and resource poisons. The latter certainly being more cancerous. Stamwarden (AoE) burst potential is just too much atm, combined with their inherent healing and tanking/defensive capabilities.
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthgore
    i say LAGS, they are too much everywhere and overall, and they are not allowing counterplay as it should be and can be!!!