The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What is the MOST OP thing right now?

• Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm confused, am I supposed to pick something that I think is the business but don't really want anyone to use or something I'd prefer everyone else to use :|
    Also where's "other?"
    Edited by Kram8ion on February 27, 2018 12:11PM
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthgore
    Surprised so many people saying stam warden. They may be one of the most played right now but they’re not necessarily OP. I don’t think that stam warden abilities can carry someone, unlike earthgore which can carry groups. Stam wardens do have a nice set of skills but they’re mostly defensive and sub assault is rather easily avoided. I think they sit with stam NBs now in terms of available class skills.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Resource poisons
    Because no one's going to run Poison resist glyphs ever.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthgore
    Skoomah wrote: »
    Stamina Wardens are the most OP thing in the game. ZOS took the best elements and buffs from each class and created the Warden. DK sustain and tankiness, Templar healing, Nightblade burst, Sorceror speed. They can range and melee dps. Single target and aoe heal. They can buff an entire group. They have every thing you would want in your kit.

It wouldn't be so bad if the other classes weren't gutted in exchange for the Warden. Leaves a bad taste in your mouth when you feel like you have to make a new toon because Wardens power gap is so big.

Curious if you’ve actually tried playing a stam warden before? I main a stam sorc and the only stam wardens I can think of as giving me a hard time are those in ball groups and one or two people who are just plain better than me.
  • DosPanchos
    DosPanchos
    ✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    I wouldn't say it's any of those things: it's Befoul. Befoul is a powerful offensive CP star that doesn't compete with any other offensive stars for points. What's more, most builds can take care of their sustain needs while easily sparing 33 points for Befoul. If this weren't the case, builds would actually have to give something up to stack into Befoul, meaning there would be a meaningful tradeoff between having strong attacks and potent Defiles. As it is now, you can get both for basically free.

Befoul needs to be moved to one of the blue trees.

Good point dude.
  • RighteousBacon
    RighteousBacon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stam Warden
    Lol Stamwarden is the least of the worries when Earthgore running glass cannons can just live through your burst combo. Stamwarden should be placed as the least of the worries and here we are, it apparently is much more OP than Earthgore.

Oh please, amuse me a bit more with your total non sense.

''stamden is fine because earthgore exists and is more broken''

and what happens when people use it on a stamden?

Quite an uncalled for hostility there

And in that scope, stamden has nothing on earthgore. Also, stamden's burst is usually fairly avoidable with cc at the right time.

Unless they’re good at the game and they Time there burst with cc immunity
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamblades
    Because no one's going to run Poison resist glyphs ever.

Poison resist glyphs do not protect against poisons. They only give abit of extra mitigation against poison damage, and from what I heard, make you immune to poison damage secondary effect.(the small dot)
  • Kronuxx
    Kronuxx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stam Warden
    Thogard wrote: »
    Wow I am surprised to see Stam wardens in first place right now.

I don’t disagree, but I’m curious... if Stam wardens are so OP, why don’t we see more of them?

Because playing Stam warden is extremely boring. Honestly, if I could vote twice I would have chosen eathgore and Stam warden.
    Edited by Kronuxx on February 27, 2018 4:24PM
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Earthgore
    Azurya wrote: »
    30% on stamwarden LOL
    no idea what you are talking about?
    my stamwarden doesn´t bring the DPS that my stammage brings
    nor the dmg my stamNBs bring

that said, I state that my Stammage is doing more dmg, then ever before ;)

What's a Stammage?
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthgore
    Lol Stamwarden is the least of the worries when Earthgore running glass cannons can just live through your burst combo. Stamwarden should be placed as the least of the worries and here we are, it apparently is much more OP than Earthgore.

Oh please, amuse me a bit more with your total non sense.

''stamden is fine because earthgore exists and is more broken''

and what happens when people use it on a stamden?

Quite an uncalled for hostility there

And in that scope, stamden has nothing on earthgore. Also, stamden's burst is usually fairly avoidable with cc at the right time.

Unless they’re good at the game and they Time there burst with cc immunity

I never got hit by that combo and died myself even on light armor when not getting zergstomped. Maybe I just move too much. Stamden burst line up is actually harder than it looks unless you get off your only reliable cc first. S/b cc is nice and but it does not do enough damage on s/b. By the time bar is swapped and gcd passes, opponent would break free and move.

So, only real burst starter realistically would be DBoS and its stun can be blocked with significant amount of damage mitigated by block. Hardly op enough to carry players.

Now, if stamden player is better than me, then that's a different problem because I will die to them regardless of their classes they are familiar with. Unless they just make a mistake. Burst combo is nice in theory but it is difficult to time it right and it should be rewarding when they do work. I mean, by the opness of burst combo alone, msorc is much better at bursting down with their delayed proc execute. It is also easier to set up. Stamden might be one of the most played atm but is not OP enough to warrant any sort of nerf. It is nothing like earthgore in terms of carrying and opness alone. You can basically stand around the resource while someone destrobombs or tether bombs your group and earthgore proc will just outheal all that initial damage unless they were all built like potatoes with 0 crit resistances.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stam Warden
    Stamden is a total face roll. Like, compared to any other class, its straight up easy mode. Brain dead survivability and incredibly potent offenses in small scale and group play. Lots of things are strong, nothing quite over performs like this class.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam Warden
    I think there are multiple unbalanced things right now: earthgore, resource poisons, etc.

But good lord, stamden really is easy mode. You're invulnerable to projectiles for essentially no cost with major heroism attached, you get absurd mitigation, get to wear heavy armor without sacrificing a burst heal, and you have major mending on demand. You get to have silly burst with no downsides.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snipe Spam
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Skoomah wrote: »
    Stamina Wardens are the most OP thing in the game. ZOS took the best elements and buffs from each class and created the Warden. DK sustain and tankiness, Templar healing, Nightblade burst, Sorceror speed. They can range and melee dps. Single target and aoe heal. They can buff an entire group. They have every thing you would want in your kit.

It wouldn't be so bad if the other classes weren't gutted in exchange for the Warden. Leaves a bad taste in your mouth when you feel like you have to make a new toon because Wardens power gap is so big.

Curious if you’ve actually tried playing a stam warden before? I main a stam sorc and the only stam wardens I can think of as giving me a hard time are those in ball groups and one or two people who are just plain better than me.

I have one and made it bocoz they easily negate my dw mag sorc burst like it's nothing due to their 25k shields for frags. Unless you have a meteor up the only thing which can be effective is curse. Very simple rotation since my burst helps their dawn breaker build up.

A decent stam warden / mag warden is completely invincible against mag sorc s and also against most projectile based builds.
  • King_Thelon
    King_Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam Warden
    You should be embarrassed to play one
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthgore

Me?
    Edited by Thogard on February 27, 2018 8:26PM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamblades

you're right, but at the same time, playing a stam class that isnt warden or nb really makes you consider your life decisions..
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthgore

you're right, but at the same time, playing a stam class that isnt warden or nb really makes you consider your life decisions..

Stamplar and Stam sorc are pretty strong too. They aren’t stamden or Stam NB strong, but they aren’t weak either.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthgore
    Maulkin wrote: »
    Since I only PvP in no-CP BGs, I find resource & cowardice poisons an absolute disease.

Durok in BGs is not so prevalent now, because the sustain sacrifice is quite big in a no-CP, resource poison meta. It was far more prevalent last patch for me. Earthgore not so bad either for the same reason. You can push kills a lot harder/quicker, you can even kill Templars in Remembrance Ult.

Also @Thogard, where's Shield Breaker option? Because as far as cancers go, the Sniper-come-Light Attack spammer in Shield Breaker is one of the very aggressive ones.

Sadly I couldn’t go past ten.

I had to cut “permablocking” “shieldbreaker” and “cold fire siege” from the option choices.

In retrospect I probably should’ve cut trollking and left permablocking in. If I could’ve done 12 then shieldbreaker would’ve been on there though.

• CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Resource poisons

To be honest just about every stam class is top tier in small scale, Stam warden is just the clear winner but I'd argue that stam nb is the easiest class to pick up and play.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamblades
    Thogard wrote: »

Stamplar and Stam sorc are pretty strong too. They aren’t stamden or Stam NB strong, but they aren’t weak either.

they are decent choices yes, when played with a master DW especially.

I mean, I see 8-10k blood craze on my recap, heavy weapon bleeds usually do around 4k to 5k, bleeds are an absolutely massive damage source. (but nothing stops a nightblade from also using them, + they are immune to dots in cloak.)

I'm sick and tired of saying this, but I probably feel this weak because I'm playing a Dk in 2018.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on February 27, 2018 10:54PM
  • Wycks
    Wycks
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stam Warden
    Stam 2 button press I win Warden.

The numbers thing is always going to be there, but it’s more down to player skill and there are ways through ability choice to configure a group to be stronger vs. large groups of people. - BRAIN WHEELER - 2012 - LOL
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Stam Warden is so op why are there so few good ones out there? I mean really I haven't lost a fight to a stamden since they came out. I feel like people like to act as if the sky is falling but I'm just not seeing it. At least not on console anyway.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthgore
    montiferus wrote: »
    If Stam Warden is so op why are there so few good ones out there? I mean really I haven't lost a fight to a stamden since they came out. I feel like people like to act as if the sky is falling but I'm just not seeing it. At least not on console anyway.

They're far stronger on PC where we have a mouse and can aim our shalks.

im about to publish a vid of a 2x stamden 2x templar group that we run. You'll see in that vid why people whine about stamden so much.

The stamden whining seems to be from two main sources:

bad players who get farmed by stamdens 1v4 or 4vX
    Medium players, nightblades, and duelers dont seem to mind them
    really good players can't stand them in high lvl GvG because of the offheals a stamden provides if you try to burst down his magplar. also synchronized subs / dbs will wreck.
    Edited by Thogard on February 28, 2018 2:25AM

• arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam Warden

I don't get this line of thought. Stam everything is strong right now, and even stam DK, which is typically seen as the weakest stam class, still has it's moments in the sun. A stam DK won a Legend tourney a few weeks back, and that tourney was attended by good players on basically every class.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep getting whispers saying WW is OP...

Where's the WW option?

:trollface:
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthgore
    I keep getting whispers saying WW is OP...

Where's the WW option?

:trollface:

Werewolf probably is too OP to be polled. I mean, who can resist its howling?
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamblades
    montiferus wrote: »

Well maybe because Its a pay to access class? Anyways defile meta sort of killed stamden anyways. stamDK is regaining some popularity because apparently you can wear the broken duroks on your stamDK and run around like you're actually doing something.

I don't get this line of thought. Stam everything is strong right now, and even stam DK, which is typically seen as the weakest stam class, still has it's moments in the sun. A stam DK won a Legend tourney a few weeks back, and that tourney was attended by good players on basically every class.

a stamDk got the 4th place , two times in a row, he didn't win. Still very succesful considering the class he played.

But duels aren't the same thing with open world. Duels are supposed to be the perfect place for a DK to shine because mobility and defence over range is not even an issue in there, but even with that fact Its just mediocre in there.

Anyways, I remember you had some sort of medium alchemist glass cannon sDk with 30k leap tooltip and you were claiming stamDk is totally fine based on that argument, so I'm really not going to argue this with you.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on February 28, 2018 5:32AM
  • Hurika
    Hurika
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bad developers. They can install kill you/entire realms (with crashes) and there's no counter.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snipe Spam
    hmmmm, trying now to figure out how I can combine as many of the poll choices as possible into a single build...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam Warden
    Hilarious that people have picked shield stacking. Seriously now, get gud.

None have commented in the thread to own their choice either :)
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP