The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Data Mining] ESO Update 17 Part 3 - Psijic Order Skill Line, Artaeum, Jewellery Crafting, and More

• Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Time will tell :|

Don't hype you may be severely disappointed.
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    OH MY GOD!!! A chromomancer type class? Is this for real? That’s beyond amazing!!! And totally unexpected!

Bah. They are already extinct. Eventually, one of them went back and accidentally killed the guy who invented the whole thing and erased them from the time line. Enjoy them while you can, because once they are gone, you won't even remember they were here.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Thal_J
    Thal_J
    ✭✭✭✭
    Robo_Hobo wrote: »
    So between all of these three blogs, you're telling me:

-We'll finally get to see Sload in-game again since Redguard
    -We're finally going to the rest of the Summerset Isles
    -We're going to Mephalas realm in full, and some of other Daedric realms
    -We're going to Artaeum
    -We get a new Psijiic Order skill line/faction and potentially class
    -We finally (maybe) be getting Spellcrafting
    -We're finally getting Jewelycrafting
    -Darien's coming back

kPQlBny.gif

Datamining disclaimer I know, but still, that's exciting! Great work compiling this all, very interesting to read.

This looks very disappointing from an end game perspective.Unless I'm missing something.

gold jewlery super disappointing*sarcasm*

I'm meaning I do not see any mention of a new trial.

it is possible that Crystal Tower is a trial or a dungeon
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hello everyone,

We at UESP have been busy datamining and compiling info for some very anticipated systems/places/people that we will be seeing in the Summerset Chapter and any subsequent DLC's. Our last post was received well by the community, so we're happy to present the biggest (and juciest) part of our datamining series, Part 3 - Artaeum, Spiral Skein, Psijic Order, Jewellery Crafting and More!

This article contains more information about Summerset Isle itself, including confirmed locations (and a map of every town/city appearing in the chapter), Jewellery crafting, Mephala's Realm, Artaeum Zone, Darien returning, Psijic Order skill line/class and potentially joinable guild which you will likely be seeing in the upcoming Summerset Chapter and subsequent DLCs. This post is part three (and possibly final) of the update 17 series (we will likely do more for other updates), and we've made sure to pack it full of datamining and lorebits on the topics mentioned.

Link to the post

If you haven't seen them, we recommend you read our previous posts:

Blog post one, which is about the Sload, the slug-like necromantic beings who inhabit the islands around Summerset Isle.

Blog post two, which is about Summerset Isle itself and Spellcrafting.

As always, we invite you to join our official Discord server to talk about ESO, lore, datamining, or any of the Elder Scrolls games in general.

OH YEAH!!! you are the best!!!
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hello everyone,

We at UESP have been busy datamining and compiling info for some very anticipated systems/places/people that we will be seeing in the Summerset Chapter and any subsequent DLC's. Our last post was received well by the community, so we're happy to present the biggest (and juciest) part of our datamining series, Part 3 - Artaeum, Spiral Skein, Psijic Order, Jewellery Crafting and More!

This article contains more information about Summerset Isle itself, including confirmed locations (and a map of every town/city appearing in the chapter), Jewellery crafting, Mephala's Realm, Artaeum Zone, Darien returning, Psijic Order skill line/class and potentially joinable guild which you will likely be seeing in the upcoming Summerset Chapter and subsequent DLCs. This post is part three (and possibly final) of the update 17 series (we will likely do more for other updates), and we've made sure to pack it full of datamining and lorebits on the topics mentioned.

Link to the post

If you haven't seen them, we recommend you read our previous posts:

Blog post one, which is about the Sload, the slug-like necromantic beings who inhabit the islands around Summerset Isle.

Blog post two, which is about Summerset Isle itself and Spellcrafting.

As always, we invite you to join our official Discord server to talk about ESO, lore, datamining, or any of the Elder Scrolls games in general.

wow, jewelry crafting too!!! hypehype!!
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On second thought, I hope that with jewlery crafting comes a full retooling of crafted sets. Otherwise only things people will make is Hunding’s and Juliano’s rings and necks.

Pointless unless there’s better tuning on sets.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akrasjel wrote: »
    Time will tell :|

Don't hype you may be severely disappointed.

No, not really. They datamined Morrowind in 2016 / early 2017 before it was announced. Summerset is a safe bet and 100% the setting of the next Chapter.

I think the Morrowind trial wasn't datamined either. Pretty sure ZOS won't release a new Chapter without new end game content (either dungeon(s) or a trial).
    Edited by Seraphayel on February 18, 2018 2:54PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

-We're going to Artaeum
    -Darien's coming back

kPQlBny.gif

Datamining disclaimer I know, but still, that's exciting! Great work compiling this all, very interesting to read.

this!!

TeK0XDo.jpg

• Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /Hype

/Hypeoverload

/Soon
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• thomas1970b16_ESO
    thomas1970b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Jewellery crafting! OMG OMG OMG I am excited.

I also hope that the Psijic is a skill line, not a new class.
    Edited by thomas1970b16_ESO on February 18, 2018 3:26PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully, they have set the retail price. I would hate for them to be waiting to see how excited we get to decide between a higher and lower price.
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finally completed Wrothgar on my main the day before the last patch--one of those things I kept putting off and glad I did it before the patch bc now my main's broken until they fix some of these patch bugs--and I saw the book (or note) in the library in that one quest there and was like "Oh yeah, Darien, wonder if they'll ever follow up on that..."

PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-We're going to Artaeum
    -Darien's coming back

kPQlBny.gif

This looks very disappointing from an end game perspective.Unless I'm missing something.

Probably or either somewhere in Summerset, maybe a rift to one of the daedric planes, or sload based with some sea elves
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • Thal_J
    Thal_J
    ✭✭✭✭
    BigBadVolk wrote: »

-We're going to Artaeum
    -Darien's coming back

kPQlBny.gif

Probably or either somewhere in Summerset, maybe a rift to one of the daedric planes, or sload based with some sea elves

/esoui/art/icons/housing_uni_inc_mountedtropheysload001.dds
    /esoui/art/icons/housing_uni_inc_veteransload001.dds

possible, it sounds like we will be getting a sload trophy for a veteran dungeon/trial for Summerset, presumably a sload will be the final boss
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Any chance you can datamine the game-breaking bugs Summerset will introduce? Thanks!
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

-We're going to Artaeum
    -Darien's coming back

kPQlBny.gif

Jewlery crafting and spell crafting would be big if true for end game.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Thal_J
    Thal_J
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »
    Any chance you can datamine the game-breaking bugs Summerset will introduce? Thanks!

when you cast the Psijic time stop ability, there is a 12% chance you will break the space-time continuum and your account will be banned for abusing an exploit. ;)
    Edited by Thal_J on February 18, 2018 4:06PM
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Okay this is pretty exciting. We might get this content spread over both Summerset and The following DLC and not all at once.

Time magic, All of summerset *_*, Sload, jewellery crafting, surely not spellcrafting, A great interweaving story with returning characters.

I think I am still a bit of a cheapskate so I'll probably wait 6 months for it to go on sale.. but I am definitely more excited for this than Morrowind.

Looks like Morrowind did make the required money to fund the developers vision because this looks like a lot more money development time was thrown at it.
    Edited by Narvuntien on February 18, 2018 4:11PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    Looks like Morrowind did make the required money to fund the developers vision because this looks like a lot more money development time was thrown at it.

Too early to determine that. We need the announcement and the projected release date.
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-We're going to Artaeum
    -Darien's coming back

kPQlBny.gif

oh that is a bummer :( you win.
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, I do hope spellcrafting will give us necromancy because clearly ZOS won't being the cruel creatures they are. Some of us have been waiting a long time for necromancy XD like before the Beta started and I heard mannimarco was going to be key to the game I figured there would absolutely be some necromancy going on. Alas, keeps looking doubtful that the player will get to use the best part of the Conjuration school.
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some extremely exciting stuff. My FAVORITE class in any game ever - was the Psionicist in Vanguard, with its mind control , time stopping simulacrum making abilities. It was a CC buff class but a TON of fun to play. If the psijic whatever turns out to be a class I am seriously super excited! It sounds like it could be a lot like that class!

I understand its a guild - but I sure hope they make a class to go with it.
    Edited by Shimmer on February 18, 2018 4:32PM
    YouTube | Twitter | Twitch | The Differently Geared

Mistakes must be carelessly planned.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ydrisselle wrote: »

-We're going to Artaeum
    -Darien's coming back

kPQlBny.gif

The art assets aren't telling us where they will be used in the game, and the name of the locations also don't really say anything about if it's a trial or a bigger cave for the main questline...

Thank you.I had a feeling that was not it.Just from the way it initially looked it did kind of look as if there was something missing.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-We're going to Artaeum
    -Darien's coming back

kPQlBny.gif

I had heard that,but seeing no mention kind of destroyed my hopes for a second.After seeing some other posts it does seem better.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »

-We're going to Artaeum
    -Darien's coming back

kPQlBny.gif

Jewlery crafting and spell crafting would be big if true for end game.

Would more so think the ability to upgrade existing pieces.Although probably at extreme cost.
  • Tanis-Stormbinder
    Tanis-Stormbinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jewelry crafting, Yes!
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Darien

My fanfic-writing fangirl heart is all aflutter right now.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to be cynical and just put my feelings on everything.

I'm expecting something akin to Vvardenfell with Artaeum. A main capital city that we do our writs, pick up some dailies, etc. with several smaller cities here and there, delves and public dungeons, crafting stations, maybe a Trial too.

Mephala's Realm is probably just going to be similar to CWC's renditions of the Evergloam. Pocket delves here and there throughout Summerset that we go to do quests in but never really get to explore much of.

Darien's return will probably be bittersweet. His character will likely get the same treatment Nayru did in Morrowind and lose the happy go lucky attitude he had for a more somber one.

Jewelry crafting will probably have some limitations on it. Since Jewelry only has 3 traits and because I doubt ZOS will add more jewelry traits, we are looking at crafted 3 trait sets being the highest possible crafted sets that are obtainable via Jewelry Crafting. The only positive would be updating any jewelry set to gold but double crafted sets are going to be highly limited, giving the shaft to crafters once again.

Ok, I'm done being cynical now :)
    Edited by Silver_Strider on February 18, 2018 5:56PM
    Argonian forever
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shimmer wrote: »
    Some extremely exciting stuff. My FAVORITE class in any game ever - was the Psionicist in Vanguard, with its mind control , time stopping simulacrum making abilities. It was a CC buff class but a TON of fun to play. If the psijic whatever turns out to be a class I am seriously super excited! It sounds like it could be a lot like that class!

I understand its a guild - but I sure hope they make a class to go with it.

I loved that class too! And I was very sad when they abandoned Vanguard (it had massive potential, a great game world and amazing classes). That game could have been so so huge... a pity it went offline some years ago.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    -picks up his whole bank and chucks it at the screen while makes a very loud, excited and garbled noises-
    Edited by Chaos2088 on February 19, 2018 12:04AM
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP