Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Shor PC/NA "Official" Discussion

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobodies home tonight when I looked a bit ago. Im assuming they are in Summerset.

And generally; Shor has a lot of small man groups when its light that dont really PUG. Weekends it becomes more group up in numbers.
    Edited by technohic on May 25, 2018 1:24AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m looking forward to getting back to some open world this weekend. Been doing summerset stuff and then a few bgs for the randoms. Really like being able to deathmatch. Finished leveling a mag sorc (mostly) and trying to figure out why people are always asking for buffs. Seriously one of the most powerful classes. Can’t imagine what it was like prior to the frags and shields nerf lol. Beyond the obvious of lacking a snare removal, but seriously, PvE or PvP even for a first timer they’re really *** strong. Perhaps they lack more in open world PvP.

Also has anyone tried farming clam gall for the new max stam/ health and stam/health regen food? So good but that process is next to torture.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    I’m looking forward to getting back to some open world this weekend. Been doing summerset stuff and then a few bgs for the randoms. Really like being able to deathmatch. Finished leveling a mag sorc (mostly) and trying to figure out why people are always asking for buffs. Seriously one of the most powerful classes. Can’t imagine what it was like prior to the frags and shields nerf lol. Beyond the obvious of lacking a snare removal, but seriously, PvE or PvP even for a first timer they’re really *** strong. Perhaps they lack more in open world PvP.

Also has anyone tried farming clam gall for the new max stam/ health and stam/health regen food? So good but that process is next to torture.

So far all I have done since the update is go update my builds a bit. Sitting there looking at my sorc and wondering why I havent taken him out for a while. Started liking where he is at with 2 monster sets and staves. Trying to decide what I want to run.

I've cancelled subbing as I have my stamplar, NB, and sorc to where the builds might not be perfect; but they fit my playstyle. Sorc might be cheaper as far as potion usage as I dont have to down them as much as my stamplar.
    Edited by technohic on May 25, 2018 3:00AM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The shield nerf made sorcs much more vulnerable to gankers, but didn't affect active combat much. The frag nerf should never have happened, but neither should the rune prison buff. Sorcs have always pretty solid; you can be tanky with shields and still put out high damage, but they are predictable and if you are trying to do both the price of a mistake is usually instant death.

It's pretty hard to justify playing any mag class but destro sorc or magblade this patch.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

The shield nerf made sorcs much more vulnerable to gankers, but didn't affect active combat much. The frag nerf should never have happened, but neither should the rune prison buff. Sorcs have always pretty solid; you can be tanky with shields and still put out high damage, but they are predictable and if you are trying to do both the price of a mistake is usually instant death.

It's pretty hard to justify playing any mag class but destro sorc or magblade this patch.

True, when death comes it does so swiftly. Still I think mag sorcs have a varied tool kit. To some extent all classes are predictable. We all know what mag DKs are gonna do, stam wardens, Templars etc. I’m definitely too new to mag sorc to be calling things, but I love the amount of mobility and varied damage output they have. And I don’t find shooting star to be all that buggy and terrible as most people say. Atronach is also a great ult when under pressure by multiple people. The stun and confusion it creates is great. But I’m sure my opinions will change when I start coming up against good stam toons open world lol. Oh and man do people love to chase mag sorcs, it’s like dogs after a cat.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DC has been benefitting from low pop bonus lately with the new score evaluation periods and i couldnt be more happier.

Aside from a squad of 11 PUGs or so herded by the current #1, Requiem are the only other DC on the server and were getting 14k keep ticks and 3.4k resource ticks. 18k defense ticks.

We’ll log in around 8pm and have some pretty amazing fights - 5v6 was yhe most recent back and forth with the AD emp and i guess his squad. In discord we literally compared it to the old days of Shor when we were all there was and the smaller population.

Post dlc/chapter release is best pvp. Enjoyed this last week. Probably will be back to the shenanigans next week now that everyone has time stop, accelerate and mending....

Also been seeing a lot of Sload’s. The Sloadageddon has begun!!!!
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    DC has been benefitting from low pop bonus lately with the new score evaluation periods and i couldnt be more happier.

Aside from a squad of 11 PUGs or so herded by the current #1, Requiem are the only other DC on the server and were getting 14k keep ticks and 3.4k resource ticks. 18k defense ticks.

We’ll log in around 8pm and have some pretty amazing fights - 5v6 was yhe most recent back and forth with the AD emp and i guess his squad. In discord we literally compared it to the old days of Shor when we were all there was and the smaller population.

Post dlc/chapter release is best pvp. Enjoyed this last week. Probably will be back to the shenanigans next week now that everyone has time stop, accelerate and mending....

I’m definitly coming back to open world this weekend. Fury and 7ths on the stam warden with stam jewelry now :D so strong v pugs.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a tenacious 4 man of <Ignis Veritas> tonight. And the AD emp has benefitted from the company of the likes of @BaylorCorvette and his crew so i think youll be disappointed if youre expecting the run of the mill AD pug squad, @Vapirko .

But that does sound like a killer combo for your warden. Play smart and USE GUARDS!!
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

• BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The campaign is weird atm. Tonight is the first time I've been in Shor since Summerset launched, it was dead for the most part. My two buddies and I either ran into a group of 10-12 EP or we would run into 1s and 2s that wouldn't put up much of a fight. Then it seemed where ever we went to flag/pick a fight our Emp would show up, I'm sure he was just looking for something to do. Those huge AP ticks from the low score bonus sure sound nice!
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a tenacious 4 man of <Ignis Veritas> tonight. And the AD emp has benefitted from the company of the likes of @BaylorCorvette and his crew so i think youll be disappointed if youre expecting the run of the mill AD pug squad, @Vapirko .

But that does sound like a killer combo for your warden. Play smart and USE GUARDS!!

My brother is playing a magplar healer now, so we can stand up to some decent small groups as a two man. Having the purge and heals is amazing. DD and healer duo is the new solo. Of course a coordinated group of good players is still gonna take us out. But when 7th and Fury proc and you come in with the good old warden burst on a group of new players it’s jsut carnage. Not to mention heavy armor with like 28k health it’s just kind of OP. Good thing ZOS took away five seconds of major fracture lol.

New guards are a chore for sure. But I am looking forward to their help when we get the AD/EP farming the map on off hours and we’ve got our ragtag group of 3 DC. At least one of which usually doesn’t speak English.
    Edited by Vapirko on May 25, 2018 5:55AM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The old days? :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xzH0ULhm54&amp;t=0s
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

My finest PVP achievement to date is being the last to die in that wipe. :D
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »

My finest PVP achievement to date is being the last to die in that wipe. :D

its def fun being emp with an mDK thats for sure!
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do guards just have more health?

I took a handful of level 5 resources this morning, but didn't notice much of a difference outside of that. I noticed Eclipse uptime is down from 100%, and no longer reflects volatile armour's damage return. And they have more health.

Seem to be less threatening overall.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

holy cow!! He just uploaded that? that was like a year ago. But yeah that brought back some memories. Man so much has changed since then. I honestly didnt know about crit resistance, and was wearing 7/7 medium i think. I learned a lot and the guild has trimmed down quite a bit since then.

I can safely say there hasnt been an emp like @Lord_Hev on shor since. I'd love to see you guys back on the server. I cant speak for this weekend or next week but EP has been sparse with the main conflicts being between DC and AD.

@Grimlok_S - they buffed the guards this patch. Like, a lot. Ive had opposite experiences than you it seems. I cc break the eclipse and its put right back on me. rss's are still soloable but you have to be on your toes.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    He was a nasty full damage magDK emp when almost every DK emp tends to go tank. One of a handful of times I switched to support-plar and we needed it. Monty and I got focused super hard.

Funny how I can remember that night vividly yet have no idea why I just walked into the kitchen a minute ago.
  • MinarasLaure
    MinarasLaure
    ✭✭✭✭

@Grimlok_S - they buffed the guards this patch. Like, a lot. Ive had opposite experiences than you it seems. I cc break the eclipse and its put right back on me. rss's are still soloable but you have to be on your toes.

I like the buff they gave to the guards.
    Pre patch I could solo a Lev 5 res easily with my healer (only 2 attack skills slotted).
    Now it's a whole new world, I can still flip them, but it takes forever haha
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah man i like the change overall too.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m getting the worst potions bugs right now. Haven’t been able to use pots in over 20 minutes. Dying didn’t help.

Sheesh, open world is fun and the fps is better/combat feels a little smoother over all but damn are there some really out standing bugs popping up. Instead of just consistently not so good gameplay it’s like good gameplay with some really bad hitches.
    Edited by Vapirko on May 26, 2018 7:34AM
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't had a potion bug, however for about the past 12 hours it wouldn't let me lay a camp at all. Could use other siege and pots just fine. Also, has anyone seen the inner postern bug where the wall is at (or near) full health, but the wall is invisible except for the postern door itself? You can literally walk through this invisible wall whether or not it is your keep. I've reported it but it's really bad.
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't had a potion bug, however for about the past 12 hours it wouldn't let me lay a camp at all. Could use other siege and pots just fine. Also, has anyone seen the inner postern bug where the wall is at (or near) full health, but the wall is invisible except for the postern door itself? You can literally walk through this invisible wall whether or not it is your keep. I've reported it but it's really bad.

That wall bug is kind of hilarious. Obviously needs to be fixed.
  • Tzayad
    Tzayad
    ✭✭✭
    There is also the door bug where an enemy keep door might be down, but you can't pass through it. Just an invisible wall.

I got the potion bug last night after I tried to use a pot while still in mist form, so that might be related.
    Edited by Tzayad on May 29, 2018 5:30PM
    Beren Tinamion | Nightblade
  • LoDG_Kawi
    LoDG_Kawi

I’m definitly coming back to open world this weekend. Fury and 7ths on the stam warden with stam jewelry now :D so strong v pugs.

Shhhhhhhhh been running that set on my stam warden, transmuted rings to robust :wink:
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shor was pretty fun last night. Was running around with one other friend for a couple hours before a third guild member joined up. Lots of small to medium sized fights to be had. Just started testing out Medium armor again, still think shuffle is garbage compared to Forward Momentum..
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shor was pretty fun last night. Was running around with one other friend for a couple hours before a third guild member joined up. Lots of small to medium sized fights to be had. Just started testing out Medium armor again, still think shuffle is garbage compared to Forward Momentum..

It really is.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good fights at nikel from 10:30-11pm eastern @BaylorCorvette

And yeah forward momentum is much better.

Edited by Rickter on June 1, 2018 2:30PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No Rickter, NO #stamwhip
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »
    No Rickter, NO #stamwhip

The Dragon Knights have spoken! You cant stop the movement

#stamwhip
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No Rickter, NO #stamwhip

#stamwhip

Umm, Im a DK. A true DK. A magDK. NO #stamwhip. Unless ofc you are ok with there also being Mag morphs to all the Stam weapons. Id like a 2H with all mag morphs pls thnks.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No Rickter, NO #stamwhip

#stamwhip

Umm, Im a DK. A true DK. A magDK. NO #stamwhip. Unless ofc you are ok with there also being Mag morphs to all the Stam weapons. Id like a 2H with all mag morphs pls thnks.

That sounds awesome. Fire damage Dizzy Swing with a giant flaming sword is what my Deathplar really needs to be complete.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.