Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Shor PC/NA "Official" Discussion

• Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    W0lf_z13 wrote: »
    Lumsdenml wrote: »
    I've been told this is a good place for an EP whelming Kyne noob to donate his AP. Is this true?

yes :D ... i would like some AP Lums :D

You just gotta find me! :)
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a few great screenshots from the chalman fight (I didn't realize it was a dethrone stackfest and stumbled up there when soloing around).

My whole game froze and I was able to pivot around take "action shots." Pity the game crashed proper before I could hide my UI and get really cool stuff.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kush and Dreadlords currently stacking on Ales. :D

This is while AD has emp and only one Emp keep left.
    Edited by casparian on May 2, 2018 2:19AM
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had a great fight with Darkest Requiem on Ales Farm tonight. Felt like old times. Felt like each fight could go either way. Props to @Prince_of_all_Pugs 's team on that one.

Too bad the EP from Bleakers cut that one short.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn. . . KUSH raid confirmed. . .

image.png
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Both Invictus and KUSH showed up to zerg throne after you logged off.

Classy.
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yur classy
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

Classy.

Just go spend some time in Vivec and you'll be reminded what a real faction stack is like. It is mind boggling that the majority of people on Vivec like to play that way. Its terrible.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

Classy.

Just go spend some time in Vivec and you'll be reminded what a real faction stack is like. It is mind boggling that the majority of people on Vivec like to play that way. Its terrible.

The great majority of gamers prefer a game that you can hop into without dedicating numerous hours per week to thinking about it and working at it. (Case in point: the current popularity of battle royale games.) Zerg PVP is ESO's closest equivalent to that style of gameplay that still makes players feel as though they're bada**es who have overcome a big challenge (the other zerg).
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    The great majority of gamers prefer a game that you can hop into without dedicating numerous hours per week to thinking about it and working at it. (Case in point: the current popularity of battle royale games.) Zerg PVP is ESO's closest equivalent to that style of gameplay that still makes players feel as though they're bada**es who have overcome a big challenge (the other zerg).

I tend to agree with this assessment. 90% of the time I prefer some sort of small scale PvP in Shor, 2vX or 3vX. But every now and then I just don't want to put forth the effort and concentration required to competitively do that for a couple of hours straight, so I'll just look for a random siege and join in the mayhem. Having said that, I refuse to go back to Vivec, haven't steeped foot in that campaign in about 2-3 months. That huge AD, DC, EP faction stack at Chalman the other night was a nice little shake up, but I'm not going to miss the 15-20 FPS I was getting, and having my streak delayed for a second or two!
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I know. Vivec is where I go when I want to magDK and I am willing to play at 6fps and not be able to bar swap. While I happily multi-faction I don't like to switch *too* often; I am giving a return to DC a trial as a favor and I have to say it's been pleasant. Zone chat is cordial and mature.

Trying to update my templar build to feel like the holy melee warrior he used to be... not so pleasant. What a sad shambles this class has become.

@Valen_Byte I was surprised neither one of us had a zerg roll up behind... but there was no way I was going to be able to fight you on the guards and be one negate away from death. o:)
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @NBrookus You would have taken me fairly easily had you pressured me on the stairs. Lucky for me you went up to the farm. Im no dummy, Ill use guards any chance I get. Especially when ther is a very good chance of me ending up ded. lol
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    Yeah, I don’t see that nerf as a real nerf. It’s still a strong heal, removes negates, and will now have less overhealing.

If they just nerfed it to where it specifically couldn’t remove negates (but ideally thinks like nova and standard too because it would be nice if those were relevant again) then it would be fine. I just feel like the name “negate” implies that ultimate should be the ultimate “no.”

Banners are definitely relevant. Nova's Time will come. Keen for summerset
    Edited by Vilestride on May 3, 2018 2:30AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vilestride wrote: »
    Yeah, I don’t see that nerf as a real nerf. It’s still a strong heal, removes negates, and will now have less overhealing.

If they just nerfed it to where it specifically couldn’t remove negates (but ideally thinks like nova and standard too because it would be nice if those were relevant again) then it would be fine. I just feel like the name “negate” implies that ultimate should be the ultimate “no.”

It’s just insane that a proc set can put an end to one of the mos costly ultimates in the game.
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vilestride wrote: »

It’s just insane that a proc set can put an end to one of the mos costly ultimates in the game.

Agreed.
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh, considering most healers build get nearly annihilated by Duroks Bane+Befoul, EG is fine in my book.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I tend to agree with this assessment. 90% of the time I prefer some sort of small scale PvP in Shor, 2vX or 3vX. But every now and then I just don't want to put forth the effort and concentration required to competitively do that for a couple of hours straight, so I'll just look for a random siege and join in the mayhem. Having said that, I refuse to go back to Vivec, haven't steeped foot in that campaign in about 2-3 months. That huge AD, DC, EP faction stack at Chalman the other night was a nice little shake up, but I'm not going to miss the 15-20 FPS I was getting, and having my streak delayed for a second or two!

I left Vevic as soon as the lag began after the first lighting patch.... 2 months after release of the game.... I played Had .. and I have never looked back.. Playing in an enviroment that makes your charactor unresponsive is not fun... Until recently the players here were some of the best tempered in the game... We killed each other we liked fighting each other looked forward to seeing each other out at night... The vast majority of the time Had and Shor have been up both blues and yellows have struggled against the vast numbers of the RED who tended to faction stack much easier due to the sheer numbers they had.... In my opinion Shor is the best server for smaller scales fights. Its the server where lag is minimal ... Its the best SERVER !!!
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    Meh, considering most healers build get nearly annihilated by Duroks Bane+Befoul, EG is fine in my book.

I run befoul cp and liberally spam reverb bash and ive had people heal up just fine. Every other duel or so i’ll have someone say their heals did nothing but more often than not and especially in open world, healing always comes out on top.

Befoul doesnt negate healing. And in fact this game has a reputation for over tuned healing. Coupled with cross healing of vigor, and how shields are, throwing EG in there tips it over the edge.

I know its easy to jump on the befoul hate train, but its a counter to another real issue.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Classy.

I agree, Zergs are actually benificial to the game ... It actually brings people into PVP. People that tend to come into PVP and leave with a bad taste generally fall into 2 groups...
    1. LAGGGGGG
    2. Trying to solo and getting destroyed in less then 2 secs

I do not like groups larger then 8 personally ... I hate temspeak at that point to many people talking ... More people = more work for the leader...

PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »

I do not like groups larger then 8 personally ... I hate temspeak at that point to many people talking ... More people = more work for the leader...

this is exactly why Ive trimmed down. 8-10 is the sweet spot for me. Any more than that and I start to get high blood pressure.

but it goes both ways. Example:

You have 7 in your group and youre stealthed at a resource watching 10 people flipping it. You look up at your raid frames and youre like "hey i have 7, we can take em" - but then you look at the map and you see one person afk at high rock, one person said earlier they needed to go pee, and one person got caught up with the zerg at Chalman when you had told everyone to port back to Aleswell. All of a sudden, its not 7v10 is it? its 4v10 and them odds aint so good. lol
    Edited by Rickter on May 3, 2018 2:57PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »

this is exactly why Ive trimmed down. 8-10 is the sweet spot for me. Any more than that and I start to get high blood pressure.

but it goes both ways. Example:

You have 7 in your group and youre stealthed at a resource watching 10 people flipping it. You look up at your raid frames and youre like "hey i have 7, we can take em" - but then you look at the map and you see one person afk at high rock, one person said earlier they needed to go pee, and one person got caught up with the zerg at Chalman when you had told everyone to port back to Aleswell. All of a sudden, its not 7v10 is it? its 4v10 and them odds aint so good. lol

We very rarely have everyone playing in a group of 8 lol ...

Lets see..
    Below are popular topics every night !

Bathroom ....
    Going to make a sanwich
    Pizza is here
    Need a Drink.....
    Where are you guys....
    Dam we need a healer ...
    WOW im buzzed
    Watcha drinking
    Lookt there is a guy he ran into a tower and he wants us to chase him for 5 minutes ..
    Look there is a guy behind a rock he wants us to chase him for 2 minutes running around various rocks
    Dont chase the Night Blade
    Did someone say Boobs
    I had you muted
    I saw a squirl
    NFL football related issues
    JOB
    Im being tea bagged by ()**&&
    Im dead
    Im froze up
    Im zoning
    Im nerfed
    Funny insults to group members ...
    look at that outfit
    I cant see you !!! Need to run out of clip range
    Hold on this guy is sending me hate tells let me tell the whole group what he is saying!
    Hey listen to how great my build is !!
    Let go take this or that...
    ZERG!!!!!!

PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • NobleX35
    NobleX35
    ✭✭✭✭
    @NBrookus the matching cp counter to befoul is the combination OR one or the other of: Blessed and Quick Recovery.

A lot of people dont use it but there are as many if not more complaints about this games overtuned healing than befoul. Albeit befoul is very strong.

Straight up both those cp directly counter reduced effectiveness of healing. 2 to 1 there. Thats why befoul is as strong as it is.

I know, I use both -- but the CP Investment to match Befoul is way out of balance. There's no matching single star with the same scaling. 50 points in Blessed = 11.25% plus 50 points into Quick Recovery = 11.25%, and they aren't additive, it's multiplicative. (Roughly 20%.) 50 points into Befoul is 41.25% with no mathematical reduction, and 100 points gets you 55%.

Both blessed and quick recovery are direct percentage increases, where as becoul is a percentage increase of a percentage. 100 points into befoul only grants you an extra 16% extra decreased healing on major defile and an extra 8% on minor defile.

Considering that defile/befoul is the only counter to both healing done and healing received, I think the percentages are rather reasonable. Befoul could maybe use a slight nerf; however, the real problem rests with sets like duroks and cyrodiils crest, where you can have 100% uptime on multiple targets. These sets really need to be looked at and tweaked.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war."
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NobleX35 wrote: »
    @NBrookus the matching cp counter to befoul is the combination OR one or the other of: Blessed and Quick Recovery.

A lot of people dont use it but there are as many if not more complaints about this games overtuned healing than befoul. Albeit befoul is very strong.

Straight up both those cp directly counter reduced effectiveness of healing. 2 to 1 there. Thats why befoul is as strong as it is.

I know, I use both -- but the CP Investment to match Befoul is way out of balance. There's no matching single star with the same scaling. 50 points in Blessed = 11.25% plus 50 points into Quick Recovery = 11.25%, and they aren't additive, it's multiplicative. (Roughly 20%.) 50 points into Befoul is 41.25% with no mathematical reduction, and 100 points gets you 55%.

Both blessed and quick recovery are direct percentage increases, where as becoul is a percentage increase of a percentage. 100 points into befoul only grants you an extra 16% extra decreased healing on major defile and an extra 8% on minor defile.

Considering that defile/befoul is the only counter to both healing done and healing received, I think the percentages are rather reasonable. Befoul could maybe use a slight nerf; however, the real problem rests with sets like duroks and cyrodiils crest, where you can have 100% uptime on multiple targets. These sets really need to be looked at and tweaked.

I think duroks was put in to counter some of the zerg ball healing but in small scale its not balanced at all...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well put. @gabriebe read over this carefully. You need befoul more than you know.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Durham that was beautiful. That was every voice chat I've ever been in succinctly condensed into a few phrases
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think duroks was put in to counter some of the zerg ball healing but in small scale its not balanced at all...

Duroks is a great set. Even for large scale. Hence why banners are also so relevant. Anything that ensures the enemy group has that major defile is doing work.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well put. @gabriebe read over this carefully. You need befoul more than you know.

I agree. Also, I think disease shouldn't have a resistance causing immunity; too many builds require the minor defile to make them cyro effective.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those patch notes were awful. There will be no more balance changes coming apparently. Get ready for Magblades to double shot people with imbue weapons proc + assassins will, or mag sorts with a crystal frags + imbue weapons proc. Its going to be insane. Crushing weapons is a pos compared to the mag version which is reaching 10k tooltip. Stam users get a 15% of damage heal lol. And so far its not performing much better than any other stamina weapon spamable so I think shrouded daggers will still be far more useful because of the snare and bounce. 2H LAs have been nerfed so hard they might not even be very good anymore at all.

But, they did supposedly fix the 5th trait on bone pirates set so thats nice.
    Edited by Vapirko on May 8, 2018 1:20AM
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think its safe to say at this point, that the game pvp wise is going to be extremely unbalanced for a few months after summerset launches. Probably be a good time for me to catch up on DLC. . .
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had some fun on shor last week. This is the typical ap farming group. If you watch towards the end you'll see dc is actively taking their home keeps and scrolls, but it was imperative to travel north and fight ep.

https://youtu.be/ZT9WZAj-qUQ

We had a few good players, but..eh, numbers.
    EP Sorc: Aydinn
    AD Stamplar: Verdant`Knight
    DC Stamblade: Apple`Punch
    EP Stam Sorc: Kós
    AD DragonKnight: Transmigrant
    EP NIghtblade: Aydinn