Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Shor PC/NA "Official" Discussion

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think thats the Shogunate group. They certainly run the largest AD group on Shor. I notice that both EP and DC are very protective of their home keeps, and every faction knows that, but AD seems to not ever care.
    Edited by Rickter on May 8, 2018 3:27PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not Shogunate. That's two smaller guilds that showed up at the same place.
    Edited by Adenoma on May 8, 2018 3:56PM
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    50% of all attacks I get hit with these days is lethal arrow loaded with defile and cc poisons. It’s so bad.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    50% of all attacks I get hit with these days is lethal arrow loaded with defile and cc poisons. It’s so bad.

Its a NB paradise. Not just because they can do that best; but that’s also a great target to look for when someone’s doing it from the back. The good NBs are usually in your face. Those and sorcs but there still are some good sorcs that usually have the CC attached to them. Not sure how if that will stay with how it is on PTS.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Extreamily true and the lack of balance currently is apalling .. They really missed the boat with this new patch... People were hoping that another balance patch was in the works... After the next patch we are going to see some extreme balance issues...
    Edited by Durham on May 11, 2018 1:56PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup, it is really brutal. Especially if you don't have a Templar with you that can drop a cleanse. This week has been a very frustrating week, I've been running solo or with a MagDK in duo's and we've found some really good fights but several times this week while we're in fights we've been jumped by 1-3 nightblades hitting us with Snipe + Poison Arrow. I'm not a huge fan of resource tower fights and playing Ring Around the Rosie but it's almost needed at this point when you have numerous NB's lurking. Open field combat is almost a death sentence if you're not a Templar or NB your self.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    purge
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kill Enemy Nightblades = Kill Enemy Players

Especially since all of AD are nbs..
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup, it is really brutal. Especially if you don't have a Templar with you that can drop a cleanse. This week has been a very frustrating week, I've been running solo or with a MagDK in duo's and we've found some really good fights but several times this week while we're in fights we've been jumped by 1-3 nightblades hitting us with Snipe + Poison Arrow. I'm not a huge fan of resource tower fights and playing Ring Around the Rosie but it's almost needed at this point when you have numerous NB's lurking. Open field combat is almost a death sentence if you're not a Templar or NB your self.

I’m not saying Ive ever been a good solo player, perhaps only more recently I’ve had some successful 1vXs, but it’s such a chore even so with all the powerful status effects groups can put on you with one skill. Solo play feels like a pipe dream more or less. Lately my brother and I just run duo, he plays a magicka Templar now. Otherwise you might as well just call it a day without the purge as you say. Having a full damage build like a stam warden along with a magicka Templar heal/support makes all the difference against those snipe spam groups and the level of fun I have is just so much higher. Together we can handle 6-8 person groups with relative ease or a good challenge as long as they’re not seasoned players. And imo that’s where the fun is at. I love my medium armor stam sorc but outside of a 1v1 or a larger group he’s just not that useful.
    Edited by Vapirko on May 11, 2018 4:29PM
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamsorc can actually swing efficient purge on your overload bar. I have a buddy that does it and it can be pretty clutch in solo/duo. Clears those cost increase poisons too.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think ZOS wants Cyrodil to be for large groups battle group size. There is really no place for 6 to 10 group size meta. 12-24 rule the scene with the balance heavily in that meta's favor. I guess they gave the battle grounds for small groups ... However its not open world. I have always enjoyed the medium size group play in this game and on Shore it has been a great run ..

But lately it exists only for a few hours but not really but nothing like it did last year this time...Takuto barely plays atm because of the poor state of play of Shore being Lite version of Vevic with 1vX's constantly crying after they hit the back of your group and when you wipe them they cry!

I do miss the old days where we had groups of 3 to 4 running around and those groups would max out around 8 or so... If a zerg logged in they quickly found that they did not have many people to fight because we would all avoid them.... and they would go back to vevic.. They then got the impression that this was a dead server but it was not ... We always knew where to find blues ... We knew where to find the REds ......
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I probably like a lot of people, like the huge battles. Just not fond of it when I get ran over by one. Seems to be a fine line between large battle and one side zerging the other down.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    30 reds running together at Sej a few moments ago ... lol yes I would say they do :)
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    Stamsorc can actually swing efficient purge on your overload bar. I have a buddy that does it and it can be pretty clutch in solo/duo. Clears those cost increase poisons too.

I always go with the morph that reduces the cost. Even on my stam toon I can hit it twice. I have never understood why people dont use it. Stay clean, stay alive.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »

Good idea, besides overload being buggy as hell, I will give this a shot.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with running important stuff on stam sorc with the overload bar is I always found I wanted to use my ultimate to get some burst and then you dont have it available.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Vapirko , obviously just do it in scenarios you don’t need that magicka for dark deal. Turn a corner, have your speed buffs up, and purge those nasty snipes and poisons.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    I think ZOS wants Cyrodil to be for large groups battle group size. There is really no place for 6 to 10 group size meta. 12-24 rule the scene with the balance heavily in that meta's favor. I guess they gave the battle grounds for small groups ... However its not open world. I have always enjoyed the medium size group play in this game and on Shore it has been a great run ..

But lately it exists only for a few hours but not really but nothing like it did last year this time...Takuto barely plays atm because of the poor state of play of Shore being Lite version of Vevic with 1vX's constantly crying after they hit the back of your group and when you wipe them they cry!

I do miss the old days where we had groups of 3 to 4 running around and those groups would max out around 8 or so... If a zerg logged in they quickly found that they did not have many people to fight because we would all avoid them.... and they would go back to vevic.. They then got the impression that this was a dead server but it was not ... We always knew where to find blues ... We knew where to find the REds ......

I wouldn't mind Cyro being for large groups, if the large battles were dynamic and varied. They aren't: it's the same stack/heal/purge/bait/ult drop/repeat every time. Battlegrounds are a formula. The fun of open world Shor was not knowing what you were going to get, and finding groups with different builds or strategies.

Having Gina say "no class balance this patch" after promising class balance for 6 months and it being totally out of whack in both PVE and PVP was insulting. I'll play through Summerset and enjoy the PVE; that seems to be all the devs want people to do.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sures been quiet around here

Had a lot of 3 ways at Nickel tonight. Gigity. I hate it when you cant fire abilities at times or you swap weapon and fire ultimate but the game fires ultimate then swaps weapon. Good amount of DC and AD and a good team of EP all there though. Was pretty fun.
    Edited by technohic on May 19, 2018 4:06AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Sures been quiet around here

Had a lot of 3 ways at Nickel tonight. Gigity. I hate it when you cant fire abilities at times or you swap weapon and fire ultimate but the game fires ultimate then swaps weapon. Good amount of DC and AD and a good team of EP all there though. Was pretty fun.

I think a lot of players are taking a break till summerset most likely. Personally I’ve been heading to BGs a lot playing a two man healer/dps combo and it’s been a lot more fun than getting pummeled by zergs open world. While you still get lethal arrow spammed in bgs the confined environment means you can smash those people as well.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EDIT: Oh my bad, I didnt see Technohic's post above - you meant why is it quiet in this THREAD

Please excuse my annoying smugness but:

Well thats because I have been carrying this thread, just like the last one regarding shor.

I havent been taking a break from the game, but a certain individual in this thread makes it nearly impossible for me to express an opinion without it being turned into something it's not so he can fuel his own agenda so I've taken a back seat since most of you probably see me as the source of the long standing conflict.

lol, without me, this turned into a necro thread. flattering for sure.
    Edited by Rickter on May 19, 2018 5:20AM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    EDIT: Oh my bad, I didnt see Technohic's post above - you meant why is it quiet in this THREAD

Well thats because I have been carrying this thread, just like the last one regarding shor.

I havent been taking a break from the game, but a certain individual in this thread makes it nearly impossible for me to express an opinion without it being turned into something it's not so he can fuel his own agenda so I've taken a back seat since most of you probably see me as the source of the long standing conflict.

No worries, and I don’t have anything against large scale battles or uneven battles when it makes sense (such as if a faction fails to respond to a keep attack that’s their fault). But it’s really hard to have fun as a solo or duo team anymore at least at higher populations. I still think ZOS has just been letting the balance in this game slide. Imo you need a solid 6 person group to even have a chance of success during primetime.
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks again to the members of Legions of Mordor, Call To Glory, and Requiem that helped me get Emp yesterday (Friday, May 18th) at around 1 AM EST.
    There were epic, close battles between all 3 factions and on all sides of the map (Roebeck, BRK, Sejanus). It really was a lot of fun, even though I only held onto Emp for about 1-2 hours after being crowned, haha!
    The campaign reset at around 6 AM EST on Tuesday, May 15th, and I grinded Alliance Points 19 hours a day for 3 days straight (from 8 AM EST to 3 AM EST and mostly solo, duo, or in a group of 5-6). I stopped at 1.2mil Alliance Points, shortly after I got dethroned; and then I let my friend pass me, who also got both crowned and dethroned 24 hours after I did, lmao.

Top 3 quotes of that night:

"Congrats, you got Emp -- by 50 seconds..." - (We, DC, capped Aleswell right before AD re-capped Ash and EP re-capped BRK)
    "Need 1 more at Ash for Threesome with the Empress" - (Had only myself and a friend for a Battering Ram, needed 3-6, lol)
    "You've earned a new title - 'That Which Has No Life'" - (My plebby BDO-only friend who doesn't even play ESO anymore, lmao)

Anyway, Emp pushes are always fun and exhilarating. Good times! Viva La Vida.
    - The Storm-Shield, Former Empress
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,900.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »

No worries, and I don’t have anything against large scale battles or uneven battles when it makes sense (such as if a faction fails to respond to a keep attack that’s their fault). But it’s really hard to have fun as a solo or duo team anymore at least at higher populations. I still think ZOS has just been letting the balance in this game slide. Imo you need a solid 6 person group to even have a chance of success during primetime.

I saw a few duos and trios. Usually had either a sorc or NB to escape and Rez or get a new tent up because they were near larger fights and would get zerged down. I’d do it to because at that spot we were at, those small scalers would pick off people one by one while we were trying to do other things.

I would say they probably would do better by not going to the large battles but may have had no other choice. My usual Friday guild night was smaller than usual with only around 9 casual PVPers including myself as I generally only log a couple nights a week lately; but plenty other DC were in our area as well. Even when we decided to stay at Nickel holding out a couple hours while our home and emp keeps behind us were attacked and taken. Was just having too much fun with the fights there
    Edited by technohic on May 19, 2018 1:20PM
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey grats @Darkmage1337 !! Glad we had some reps from Requiem to help you out. First time emps are something youll always remember. Enjoy the costume dye and housing item. You earned it!
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Imo you need a solid 6 person group to even have a chance of success during primetime.
    And I'm not even sure that ZOS would consider that a problem. The direction they're taking class design, their focus for Cyrodiil changes, and their continued lack of attention to game mechanics that exclusively or predominantly benefit groups who have numbers on their sides all suggest to me that their version of "lol git gud scrub" is "get in a bigger group".
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    g4haEq3.png
    Jesus guys.
    Edited by casparian on May 19, 2018 6:33PM
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • joe.smith21b14_ESO
    joe.smith21b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I heard there was a nb making a ruckus in glademist yesterday. Silly dc you can’t leave nb’s inside your keep after you take it back. The younglings don’t stand a chance.
    Smiff
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    g4haEq3.png
    Jesus guys.

Yup, this is what we wake up to every day.
    It doesn't look like my DC Former Empress is getting the AD gate skyshards anytime soon; or, ever. :lol:

EDIT: I got them both this morning, thanks to EP for opening up AD's gates, my DC just rode on through.
    Now all 9/9 of my characters have all Cyrodiil skyshards. :smile:
    Edited by Darkmage1337 on May 21, 2018 1:50AM
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,900.
  • MinarasLaure
    MinarasLaure
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can any AD here explain how Shor works?
    Having a week off i thought i would give this campaign a try but, despite the map being completely yellow for the majority of the time, i cant find any group, or i cant build any as when i try, nobody wants to join (or they do join, but when they see its like 3 of us they leave).
    I know iv runs a group but mostly is a guild group.
    So i assume the majority of the groups running in shor are guild only?