Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Shor PC/NA "Official" Discussion

• BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

I don't know if its intentional to just farm resource AP or maybe I need to try PUG wrangling. There were EP and AD groups to fight just no cohesion on DC. Only a couple of times did it look like some of them wanted to just follow what I was doing. Im not sure Im the best to guide anyone though.

Can't speak to DC, but that's kind of how AD is, at least when I play. You have several small man groups doing their own thing. A lot of times a player by the name of Blue Canoe runs a group that is comprised of PUGs. Honestly most of the stuff AD captures in the day time / early evening probably wouldn't happen if Blue wasn't directing the PUG group. Otherwise it's usually just the PUGs standing around a home keep to defend or feeding AP to DC/EP at their keeps. Their used to be a couple AD guilds that ran in Shor regularly. However, lately I haven't seen an "AD guild specific group" larger than maybe 5-6 people. Although I have noticed in the past week or two, it seems like peak hours has gotten a lot more zergy. Huge AD zerg last week & Saturday morning, huge DC zerg Saturday afternoon/evening and when I logged on for about 20 minutes last night, there was a very large group of EP at two different AD home keeps simultaneously. To make matters worse, when one of the factions has had strong numbers, the other two has had nothing to make a decent defense.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyborn wrote: »
    [DC]
    I'm having a really hard time at the moment. Since 2 days I try to find a group, small or zerg, tho I prefer small. After long time I start to solo where the action is but as I'm only 2 days on the server I havent got any good gears or friends.
    I then get smacked down pretty fast by little groups or even zergs. I see some more DC roaming around but nobody wants to invite. Gets kinda frustrating since I really want to get into Shor, I was mainly on Vivec on PS4.
    Well this char just needs to get lvl 6 for Vigor, but I'm building my old Magicka DK PVP for pure PVP and therefore I search a little group or even shor-guild-DC.

Hit me up.

@Cyborn

hey bud - this is mainly the PC community. I dont think there is anyone here that can speak for the PS4 community. If anyone here can - correct me if im wrong.

As far as grouping - PUG wrangling isnt as easy as it sounds. Just because it seems like anyone can do it, doesnt mean its awesome. Ive tried the PUG wrangling thing during summer 2017. even then my groups would cap at around 18 being the largest i remember.
    • You'd have a group of 2 or 3 completely on the other side of the map,
    • had some people join to keep an eye on where my group was and tell their EP friends,
    • cant call/focus targets,
    • lots of people dont carry siege because they just want to zerg surf

- sigh, my blood pressure is rising.

so thats why you aint gonna get no lfg groups. Its a damn headache and ultimately not as effective as a voice comm team. Quite frankly, i dont really know who to trust in my own faction. Ive had people join, and turns out theyre primarily EP but on their DC to get emp or "help their buddy" and they relay everything said in my discord to their buddy. It's just bull[snip].

so smaller and smaller our group gets. more and more exclusive. now im all in that which i hate.

Edited by Rickter on April 30, 2018 3:03PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rickter just looked through his comments on posts... looks like he originally started playing on PS4 ... but recently ( a few days ago ) switched to playing on PC
    [ edited for wrong person being tagged ]
    Edited by W0lf_z13 on April 30, 2018 3:20PM
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NBrookus the matching cp counter to befoul is the combination OR one or the other of: Blessed and Quick Recovery.

A lot of people dont use it but there are as many if not more complaints about this games overtuned healing than befoul. Albeit befoul is very strong.

Straight up both those cp directly counter reduced effectiveness of healing. 2 to 1 there. Thats why befoul is as strong as it is.

Edited by Rickter on April 30, 2018 3:15PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    W0lf_z13 wrote: »
    @Rikter just looked through his comments on posts... looks like he originally started playing on PS4 ... but recently ( a few days ago ) switched to playing on PC

Oh, well then, glad you investigated because cyborn wasnt entirely clear ;)
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And you tagged someone not me
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL OOPS
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    other person is gonna be like wtf??? huh??? lol .... fixed it though

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    @NBrookus the matching cp counter to befoul is the combination OR one or the other of: Blessed and Quick Recovery.

A lot of people dont use it but there are as many if not more complaints about this games overtuned healing than befoul. Albeit befoul is very strong.

Straight up both those cp directly counter reduced effectiveness of healing. 2 to 1 there. Thats why befoul is as strong as it is.

I always put 19 pts into each I think for a total of 10% healing? It helps but the balance is off. the defile CP star still scales far too effectively but it is mostly evident out numbered. Imo the strength of defile is one of the things that benefits Xv1ers more than anything. I think it’s safe to say that if they carefully toned that down (not something zos is good at), things would level out. It’s not necessary for defile to easily have a 40% boost. At any rate, it’s too strong to be attached to skills like incap or lethal arrow. It’s strong enough of an effect that applying it should come with risk.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    so thats why you aint gonna get no lfg groups. Its a damn headache and ultimately not as effective as a voice comm team.

so smaller and smaller our group gets. more and more exclusive. now im all in that which i hate.

Yea my liver couldn't handle pug wrangling. For all the hate PUG guilds get, they fill a needed gap. I have no idea how Telel stays with it. Picking up a PUG every now and then was about all I could handle.

@Cyborn If you just want a group for the sake of a group, any group will do. Bear in mind some of the pug groups are led by utter novices themselves so take the experience with a grain of salt.
    NbhbKUs.png:D

If you want a group to learn with, you could do worse than buttering up Rickter, even if he does have wierd ideas like "faction loyalty" and "being a gentleman." :wink:
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

I always put 19 pts into each I think for a total of 10% healing? It helps but the balance is off. the defile CP star still scales far too effectively but it is mostly evident out numbered. Imo the strength of defile is one of the things that benefits Xv1ers more than anything. I think it’s safe to say that if they carefully toned that down (not something zos is good at), things would level out. It’s not necessary for defile to easily have a 40% boost. At any rate, it’s too strong to be attached to skills like incap or lethal arrow. It’s strong enough of an effect that applying it should come with risk.

I agree - befoul is overtuned - the way it scales up is ridiculous. but i was just countering what Brookus said earlier that there was no cp counter to befoul when there are in fact, two. not many people use them though - still, its not an excuse to give befoul a hard time because of that imho.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Cyborn
    Cyborn
    Soul Shriven
    Vapirko wrote: »
    @Cyborn where do you live/what is your time zone?

I'm from Europe (CEST), but I work late night, so EU sleep when I come home. NA is perfect xD
  • Cyborn
    Cyborn
    Soul Shriven
    Cool thanks for the infos. Ye I understand why this wont happen with lfg. I also experienced DC bringing the scroll to the AD because they wanted to EMP a friend. Kinda sad...
    I was playing on EU for a coordinated pvp raid guild with voice and roles and gear matching to all. It was fun and I kind of want to search for something like that again or a small scale grp for pvp.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I know, I use both -- but the CP Investment to match Befoul is way out of balance. There's no matching single star with the same scaling. 50 points in Blessed = 11.25% plus 50 points into Quick Recovery = 11.25%, and they aren't additive, it's multiplicative. (Roughly 20%.) 50 points into Befoul is 41.25% with no mathematical reduction, and 100 points gets you 55%.

• Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rickter you guys running tonight ? Always better out there when you guys are running around... Going to see if we cant gather up some peps for tonight :) Monday is a little slow for us usually..

PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    Rickter you guys running tonight ? Always better out there when you guys are running around... Going to see if we cant gather up some peps for tonight :) Monday is a little slow for us usually..

We’ll be there buddy. Btw is good to see you and Brookus back in the thread. I held the fort down ;)
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

I know, I use both -- but the CP Investment to match Befoul is way out of balance. There's no matching single star with the same scaling. 50 points in Blessed = 11.25% plus 50 points into Quick Recovery = 11.25%, and they aren't additive, it's multiplicative. (Roughly 20%.) 50 points into Befoul is 41.25% with no mathematical reduction, and 100 points gets you 55%.

Agreed, befoul needs a rework. Its like pre morrowind values where the initial 1 point got you a full 1% except, it doesnt stop lol
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    now im all in that which i hate.

You're running a destro bomb group? :lol:
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

We’ll be there buddy. Btw is good to see you and Brookus back in the thread. I held the fort down ;)

Haha. I have a friend trying to start streaming as DC... if you see me trundling around on DC on my original pvp toon trying to remember how to sorc try not to laugh. Last time I mained a sorc was 1.6 I think. :blush:
    Edited by NBrookus on April 30, 2018 9:21PM
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pzschrek wrote: »
    now im all in that which i hate.

You're running a destro bomb group? :lol:

hahaha nah nothing like that - still the "come as you are" policy. It was more a figure of speech.

Haha. I have a friend trying to start streaming as DC... if you see me trundling around on DC on my original pvp toon trying to remember how to sorc try not to laugh. Last time I mained a sorc was 1.6 I think. :blush:

who's your buddy?
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Tzayad
    Tzayad
    ✭✭✭

Meadow and I will probably be on!
    Beren Tinamion | Nightblade
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was a hell of a stand at Chal EP. It got zergy, but I had fun.
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    That was a hell of a stand at Chal EP. It got zergy, but I had fun.

For sure. Surprised EP lasted as long as they did after a couple of us went to their scroll keeps to turn them Yellow. EP turtled up really well.
    DC Zerg Busting
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There were a number of AD preventing the dethrone. Not with the intent to protect EP I don't think, but they hindered it all the same.

P.S. And for the record, DC zone chat was pleasant and no one called me any names that the forum would **** out. It was eerie.
    Edited by NBrookus on May 1, 2018 5:03AM
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There were a number of AD preventing the dethrone. Not with the intent to protect EP I don't think, but they hindered it all the same.

P.S. And for the record, DC zone chat was pleasant and no one called me any names that the forum would **** out. It was eerie.

Yeah unfortunately I think that is the case of some people seeing a target and wanting to try and kill them, regardless of the big picture. Myself and a couple others were burning EP camps and trying to cut off the reinforcements when the keep was flagged. A couple of times DC jumped on us. After a couple iterations I think the DC figured out that we (at least my small group) was actually trying to help. AD zone chat was trying to coordinate the dethrone, hence why when we got attacked by DC, we just moved to Arrius, Kingscrest and Farragut giving EP a nice long ride to get back to Chalman.

DC did a great job keeping pressure on the last Emp keep, and EP for the first time in weeks put up a really really good fight during peak hours. Overall, last night was great.
    DC Zerg Busting
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

• Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We started out against Red .. Taking the farm Alessia before 28 reds showed up (5 of us) ... after playing with the reds we went to the blue side at Nikle and had a better time on the blue side... Had some nice action over there... I think most of us were gone by 9pm.. We usually run from 7pm to 9pm we dont run banners anymore because we like our new outfits :) We run from 4 to 6 most nights .. On Friday and Saturday nights we can get as many as 10 in our group ... I think our maxed out group capacity right now is 12 but we never have that ....

Last night we were at 5 most of the night ... But there were always other AD around us ... Blues were active around Nikle

Enjoyed last night :)
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i got suckered into that faction stack at chalman - i was pretty miserable. i had 7 fps practically the entire time, and skills were going off about 1.5-2.5 secs after i pressed the button. bar swap wasnt registering and when it did, i had mashed the button so many times it would switch back to the bar i didnt want.

lol. kinda funny now that i think back on it. Overall, that EP defense at chalman was air tight. I hadnt seen a fight like that since. . . well nvm lol.

in any case - it was huge and laggy.

I saw the blue/yellow crossed swords at Ash/Nikel and i was envious of the DC over there lol.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been told this is a good place for an EP whelming Kyne noob to donate his AP. Is this true?
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lumsdenml wrote: »
    I've been told this is a good place for an EP whelming Kyne noob to donate his AP. Is this true?

yes :D ... i would like some AP Lums :D