The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Shor PC/NA "Official" Discussion

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    W0lf_z13 wrote: »
    Rickter wrote: »
    DC was very zergy last night. I've always tried to display a very accurate account of at least DC numbers and I'm not even going to sugar coat it: <Requiem> had 16 in group and there was another DC group that had 22. Speaking of which, @Stridig and @Datthaw I understand <PUGz of Daggerfall> has recently homed on Shor, do you guys mind introducing yourselves like tell us where PUGz homed prior to Shor and why Shor appeals to you?

The reason I am asking is because each PvP server has its own subculture, "ecosystem" if you will. Shor as you probably know, is more small-medium scale but as it stands, its moving to a consistent medium scale. Which is sort of what everyone wanted as that was how Haderus was before the rampant emperor flipping/AP RP farming.

On Shor, those that have struggled to maintain it in its infancy agreed to try and set this server a cut above the typical PvP toxicity. Which leads me into the Arrius keep farming. Tri Keeps/Gate keep camping can and will kill a campaign and it's been my guild's and others mission to try and discourage that behavior in order to foster a better campaign environment.

Our hard work has paid off as Shor has been 2-3 bars across more times recently than ever before and I would love to continue that healthy legacy if others would be willing as well.

we (PUGz of Daggerfall) were BwB now Kyne based ... we remained mainly in Kyne to help teach people PvP ... but it got to the point alot of us felt it was time to move on... we usually run as 12 man group max, last night was one of those oddity nights that we had more than 12

Why was Saber One saying "Vivec was a mess"? What's happening over there?
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DC was very zergy last night. I've always tried to display a very accurate account of at least DC numbers and I'm not even going to sugar coat it: <Requiem> had 16 in group and there was another DC group that had 22. Speaking of which, @Stridig and @Datthaw I understand <PUGz of Daggerfall> has recently homed on Shor, do you guys mind introducing yourselves like tell us where PUGz homed prior to Shor and why Shor appeals to you?

The reason I am asking is because each PvP server has its own subculture, "ecosystem" if you will. Shor as you probably know, is more small-medium scale but as it stands, its moving to a consistent medium scale. Which is sort of what everyone wanted as that was how Haderus was before the rampant emperor flipping/AP RP farming.

On Shor, those that have struggled to maintain it in its infancy agreed to try and set this server a cut above the typical PvP toxicity. Which leads me into the Arrius keep farming. Tri Keeps/Gate keep camping can and will kill a campaign and it's been my guild's and others mission to try and discourage that behavior in order to foster a better campaign environment.

Our hard work has paid off as Shor has been 2-3 bars across more times recently than ever before and I would love to continue that healthy legacy if others would be willing as well.

we (PUGz of Daggerfall) were BwB now Kyne based ... we remained mainly in Kyne to help teach people PvP ... but it got to the point alot of us felt it was time to move on... we usually run as 12 man group max, last night was one of those oddity nights that we had more than 12

Lag city basically , it started off not so bad yesterday but holy hell did it get laggy the longer we were there ( we were playing in Vivec till the bars in shor went up )
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and @Vendy it was nice seeing your name again ( its been quiet a while )
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lag city basically , it started off not so bad yesterday but holy hell did it get laggy the longer we were there ( we were playing in Vivec till the bars in shor went up )

ah, yep thats why Shor is attractive to a lot of pvpers. I think what keeps turning people off to it however is that Shor is rather dead outside of EST primetime.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

• W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ah, yep thats why Shor is attractive to a lot of pvpers. I think what keeps turning people off to it however is that Shor is rather dead outside of EST primetime.

yeah, saber's comp doesn't like lag lol, i was actually surprised that he was actually in vivec ... one of the last times he was in there he was only there for maybe 10 mins tops before he was like ok... sooo .... can't play in vivec

• W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm def liking shor though, had some great 1v1's and small/mid scale fights last night .... haven't been whispered a compliment/or just to shoot the *** in a long time. Had a 1v1 last night ( forget the person's name that I was fighting ) but he got me down to 13% health before he died ... messaged me saying "you are so lucky" and we just laughed about it ... one of the best parts was there was no t-bagging ( that i saw ) ... which was a nice change from how Kyne started turning out to be ... just seemed to be alot more respectful all around
    Edited by W0lf_z13 on November 13, 2017 1:24PM

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm def liking shor though, had some great 1v1's and small/mid scale fights last night .... haven't been whispered a compliment/or just to shoot the *** in a long time. Had a 1v1 last night ( forget the person's name that I was fighting ) but he got me down to 13% health before he died ... messaged me saying "you are so lucky" and we just laughed about it ... one of the best parts was there was no t-bagging ( that i saw ) ... which was a nice change from how Kyne started turning out to be ... just seemed to be alot more respectful all around

Thats actually pretty great to hear. Like i said, a few of us worked very hard to maintain that environment you are seeing the benefits of now. Please pass the word on to maintain the Shor ecosystem. No teabagging, hate whispering, dirty tactics, or gate camping - it goes a long way. Even if they do it to you, taking the high road every time goes a LONG way.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats actually pretty great to hear. Like i said, a few of us worked very hard to maintain that environment you are seeing the benefits of now. Please pass the word on to maintain the Shor ecosystem. No teabagging, hate whispering, dirty tactics, or gate camping - it goes a long way. Even if they do it to you, taking the high road every time goes a LONG way.

awesome , yeah thats one of the reasons some of the guild decided to leave Kyne, A lot of DC there are wanting to cate camp mainly cause it has been done to us, but that just creates a vicious circle that will never end, also started to get very toxic in zone between fellow faction memebers. there are a few of the guild that are fairly new to vet PvP so they are still learning that ( I myself am still trying to figure out the best setup for my main mag Dk( Ðårk Ŵølf ) that will be in Shor ... i think I am finally getting to a place that I'm happy with though with him )

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of DC there are wanting to cate camp mainly cause it has been done to us, but that just creates a vicious circle that will never end,

funny how that works isnt it?
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will hatewhisper Wolf whenever I see him in Shor <3

I was able to mess around in there, sans group, for about 2 hours last night. If pop holds at that level, we'll be there much more consistently.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think if a large DC guild like <PUGz of Daggerfall> is going to permanently home on Shor, @Vapirko you may need to change the Thread title to "We Need AD In Shor (PC/NA)"

Or we can just make this the official "Shor Discussion Thread [NA] [PC/Mac]" unless there is a taboo surrounding that thread title structure :wink:
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - waves - @DeadlyRecluse - Throws a Pie -

• W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DeadlyRecluse you should bring the rest of GoNB's in :D ... it was always fun fighting you and the guild!

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DeadlyRecluse you should bring the rest of GoNB's in :D ... it was always fun fighting you and the guild!

We've been in about once a week, but I've been forced to cancel our raids more and more due to my baby/life. I *think* we'll be able to come in more consistently now, especially if pop stays decent.
    Edited by DeadlyRecluse on November 13, 2017 2:20PM
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DeadlyRecluse awesome man!!! glad things are going well for you! ... i remember back when we talked a year or so ago you had mentioned some rough spots, then u disappeared during that winter, started getting worried about u cause you seemed like an awesome person!

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think if a large DC guild like <PUGz of Daggerfall> is going to permanently home on Shor, @Vapirko you may need to change the Thread title to "We Need AD In Shor (PC/NA)"

Or we can just make this the official "Shor Discussion Thread [NA] [PC/Mac]" unless there is a taboo surrounding that thread title structure :wink:

I know, we'll see how it goes from here but this weekend definitely saw a massive influx of DC pop. Im sure EP will match us, but AD is being left in the dust. What we REALLY need though is small scale groups logging in throughout the week on AD/DC during NA off hours. What Ive noticed so far is that EP still seems to hold the map a lot of the time during the day over here in Southeast Asia. Some mornings I can play, but if I log in during my afternoon its been red most days. Sometimes a few of us can take back tri keeps or whatever but thats about it.

Overall great to see population up though, just hoping we can work together to keep it fun and stop it from becoming the pop locked, zerg fest, lag mess that is vivec. I at least foresee having prime time on weekdays stay relatively small.
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'll pass the word around the guild to try to keep our numbers on a more norm ( 12 or under ) , I know most of the guild still plays in Kyne, but a good handful of us have moved on ( granted most of the week i'm only able to play for an hour and a half to 2 hours ( due to working 2 jobs ) wednesdays, fridays and weekends ( unless my fiancee is over... she's not 100% fond of me when im playing when she is over lol ) are the main times I have a good amount of time to play

• Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When DC crowned emperor, I took Requiem over to Brindle, and had a small fight with 16 AD. We had just flipped the keep but we were a little short from our full 16 and lost it almost as fast as we capped it.

I can't speak for PUGz as I am not a member of the guild. I chose Shor because I hate fighting a 24 person group while another 24 person group flanks you only to be t-bagged by the 3rd 24 person group that was in stealth the whole time. Seriously though, I consider myself an average player at best. If I want to improve I have to play somewhere that my skill level matters if I want to live. Vivec does not offer the kind of environment where one can improve. My opinion of course. I can tell you though that if there is a guild out there that understands the importance of campaign health, it is PUGz of Daggerfall.
    Edited by Stridig on November 13, 2017 3:09PM
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »

When DC crowned emperor, I took Requiem over to Brindle, and had a small fight with 16 AD. We had just flipped the keep but we were a little short from our full 16 and lost it almost as fast as we capped it.

I can't speak for PUGz as I am not a member if the guild. I chose Shor because I hate fighting a 24 person group while another 24 person group flanks you only to be t-bagged by the 3rd 24 person group that was in stealth the whole time. Seriously though, I consider myself an average player at best. If I want to improve I have to play somewhere that my skill level matters if I want to live. Vivec does not offer the kind of environment where one can improve. My opinion of course. I can tell you though that if there is a guild out there that understands the importance of campaign health, it is PUGz of Daggerfall.

thanks man! ... Although you may "not be a member of the guild anymore " I as well as many of us will always consider you a member! ... im glad I get to play along side you again man!

• Vendy
    Vendy
    ✭✭✭
    @Rickter It was a welcome change to lose emperor to enemies to fight instead of the usual nightcap that has ended my previous emp runs.

@W0lf_z13 It was definitely nice to see you and @DeadlyRecluse again. I can't forget @Raknosh either!
    Implosìon | Pact Stamina Sorcerer
    'Vendy | Pact Magicka Templar
    Vendÿ | Dominion Stamina Templar
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh, did anyone else notice a drop in sound during even smallish scale fights last night? i lost count of how many times my sound went out

• Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    oh, did anyone else notice a drop in sound during even smallish scale fights last night? i lost count of how many times my sound went out

I think it was when I was walking up to Ash when a small group of 6 or 7 DC were taking it earlier in the day that my sound dropped out momentarily. Had me worried that there was a full 24+ raid in there.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • Kaeriz
    Kaeriz
    ✭✭✭

Personally, I’d like to evaluate the challenge of having a larger DC group on before we start to rally AD. Venatus and Josh’s group have been making more of a presence anyway. Short of us always being pushed to trikeeps and held away from the ring, which just discourages the pugs and detracts from their own fun, I think most of us on AD prefer the challenge. The score disparity is mostly a poor indicator due to the extreme pvdooring of the map during off hours. I really don’t care about the score and only looked at it once this week. As long as there’s good fights, things are peachy.
    Edited by Kaeriz on November 13, 2017 4:58PM
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol wait Pugs of Daggerfall homed in Shor, the same that lost 5 v 16 open field in vivec by glade to us this weekend. Gonna be a good time to be had in Shor.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    IDK where the 2 bars of AD was, because I never saw them. Nor was IC yellow. I know Ruin was on and picking up pugs in zone but they didn't sound very big. A group full of people there just to get their caltrops is not going to be a serious threat anyway.

If the new Shor meta is to faction stack, Shor is just going to be Vivec Junior. It's not going to help attract the players and groups we all say we want in Shor.

Welcome, PUGZ; DC could use some organization on the weekends.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    IDK where the 2 bars of AD was, because I never saw them. Nor was IC yellow. I know Ruin was on and picking up pugs in zone but they didn't sound very big. A group full of people there just to get their caltrops is not going to be a serious threat anyway.

If the new Shor meta is to faction stack, Shor is just going to be Vivec Junior. It's not going to help attract the players and groups we all say we want in Shor.

Welcome, PUGZ; DC could use some organization on the weekends.

I was on AD last night and I only ever saw maybe 10-12 unique AD in the Roe/Alessia Area.
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A_G_G_R_O wrote: »
    Lol wait Pugs of Daggerfall homed in Shor, the same that lost 5 v 16 open field in vivec by glade to us this weekend. Gonna be a good time to be had in Shor.

to be fair, we are still getting used to vet cp pvp, and most of us are still figuring out builds and what not, yes we got steam rolled quiet a bit, but its only these challenges that will show us what we need to work on and how to possibly improve our characters, no need for the salt

• casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

<Pugs of Daggerfall> is not the same as <PUGz of Daggerfall>. Those are completely different guilds. One or the other or both may have lost to you by Glade, but let's try to keep confusing guild names straight.
    Edited by casparian on November 13, 2017 5:20PM
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Everybody loses fights. And since PUGz has never posted on the forums about being great or formidable, I'm not sure your jab even matters. Also, I don't remember ever being in a PUGz group larger than 6-8 in Vivec.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys aggro isnt part of the shor community. His guild <CAMPAIGN KILLERS> is a playful nod at the popular opinion that they defiled the corpse of Sotha Sil as actually killing the campaign can only be credited to a certain DC guild. They are multi faction and multi server. Please dont take his comment to heart.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE: